Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

corn in the bible posted:

transfer them with content manager same as you do with backups or whatever. they show up in photos.
Oh right, I forgot Content Manager had a folder for that. I assumed it was for stuff taken with the camera that I don't have because I am dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

transfer them with content manager same as you do with backups or whatever. they show up in photos.

I think you can email them too.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The White Dragon posted:

toranoana was ok but mandarake will always have a special place in my heart because it was where some japanese guy who was really shame and wearing a jacket kenny-style to conceal his identity came up to me all "are these all <genre> doujins" and i was like "yeah, yeah they are" "oh, you have good taste" and we had a pretty :hf: moment

and then he strip mined his favorites in like sixty seconds and bailed

aesthetically yes absolutely but akiba had the tactics ogre tarots and coryoon when shibuya did not

My experience with Akiba Mandarake is that it's picked clean off all the good stuff, and it's easier to find gems in Shibuya. Your story owns, though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

find 26 year old ladies, call them cute

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Christmas cake, best cake

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Christmas cake, best cake

you said it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

you can buy light novels about anime tits on the fourth floor of the mandarake in akihabara

e: fifth floor is light novels about anime dicks

is there a floor for anime dicks and tits

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

mandatory lesbian posted:

is there a floor for anime dicks and tits

What <genre> floor do you think they were on in that story?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Naoto is the best and I'm still sad that I accidentally dated Yukiko.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

how do you accidentally date anyone in persona 4

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thats just what people say when they cant reconcile the waifu desires of their id with the anime fears of the superego

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I would *accidentally* date Yukiko a thousand times

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Manatee Cannon posted:

how do you accidentally date anyone in persona 4
Not paying attention to the multiple choice parts during a social link thanks to a big and fat cockroach that was flying towards me.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Txn posted:

Not paying attention to the multiple choice parts during a social link thanks to a big and fat cockroach that was flying towards me.

Should've turned on your tv.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Txn posted:

yosuke can be very distracting yes

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

akihabara is basic and too tourist focused

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Davincie posted:

akihabara is basic and too tourist focused
well if you go down the sidestreets, the shady-rear end shops that aren't indicated from the street definitely aren't targeted at tourists

nakano did have a more fun selection though imo

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

The White Dragon posted:

well if you go down the sidestreets, the shady-rear end shops that aren't indicated from the street definitely aren't targeted at tourists

nakano did have a more fun selection though imo

Yeah Nakano is so chill, I definitely prefer it there. I wouldn't say Akiba is mostly tourist focused but that it's just... very, very busy

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Ruggington posted:

what about no more heroes

What does Moe mean anyway?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

nakano broadway is cool for the obscure stuff/real collector poo poo

shibuya for the mainstream stuff (there's a huge basement store right in the middle)

ikebukuro for every anime aimed at women + general anime stuff + actual cosplayers (despite what you might think, there's pretty much no cosplayers in akihabara)

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Help Im Alive posted:

You can take screenshots if you press the PS button + start at the same time
Well crap, that's great. Thanks!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Davincie posted:

ikebukuro for every anime aimed at women + general anime stuff + actual cosplayers (despite what you might think, there's pretty much no cosplayers in akihabara)

brah i was so bummed, it rained like hell both sundays we were there so i didn't get to see them walking around. i even brought my own super-small extras to wear :v:

we did, however, see some guy walking around in akiba wearing basically bondage gear + fishnets on our last day in japan. we passed by him in like three completely different places too lol. we were like drat this guy must be following us and he must've been thinking the same thing about us. i mean i don't wanna make it sound like it was a common occurrence; i only remember him because he was pretty much the only person in especially weird clothes that we saw there

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 28, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

tokyo twilight ghost hunters is v good if you dont dislike visual novels or bullshit strategy rpg combat

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Hace posted:

What does Moe mean anyway?

It's the name of the Bartender from the Simpsons.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Junpei Hyde posted:

It's the name of the Bartender from the Simpsons.

You have no Moe!!

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
if tits are life and rear end is hometown, moe is the nape of the neck

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Moe is the fist

After all, cuteness is justice

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

tits are life, moe is workplace

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
So I'm curious about something related to anime, and thus the Vita.

We've got the Sword Art Online franchise, and I was watching this show Overlord, and apparently there are some other MMO-SHOWS around (Log Horizon?).

All of them feature MMOs that include features such as rare, extremely unbalanced items to craft, usually huge involved guild systems that allow for player factions on the scale of EVE, copious multi-classing, etc.

Are there actually MMOs with these sorts of features in Japan? Because nothing released in the West has anything like the scope of these shows' game mechanics, and I'm curious about the point of reference, if there is one.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Not actual player factions, but getting a Thunderfury in World of Warcraft was a mixture of lots of luck and getting a raid just to benefit a single player (the main tank that would change guilds after a week on average).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Most of it is going to be flights of fancy/second hand mangled stories from FFXI or whatever. Or KMMOs of the worst calibur.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

brah i was so bummed, it rained like hell both sundays we were there so i didn't get to see them walking around. i even brought my own super-small extras to wear :v:

we did, however, see some guy walking around in akiba wearing basically bondage gear + fishnets on our last day in japan. we passed by him in like three completely different places too lol. we were like drat this guy must be following us and he must've been thinking the same thing about us. i mean i don't wanna make it sound like it was a common occurrence; i only remember him because he was pretty much the only person in especially weird clothes that we saw there

i was there on halloween, so cosplayers everywhere :cool:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
So between the time Cold Steel I came out, has there been any notable Vita releases?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Digimon Cyber Sleuth?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The White Dragon posted:

I vaguely remember seeing this. It's in a park, right?

I will be in Tokyo on one Sunday. The 17th, I believe.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Slur posted:

So between the time Cold Steel I came out, has there been any notable Vita releases?

Digimon Cyber Sleuth. And I guess Escha&Logy Plus came out. Also XCOM Plus if you want to play xcom on the go

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

New Miku came out a few days ago in Japan. I'm waiting for PA to get some stock in for it (or stock for anything really because they still say the summer Isabelle amiibo isn't out BUT IT IS YOU FUCKERS WHERE IS ISABELLE)

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Policenaut posted:

New Miku came out a few days ago in Japan. I'm waiting for PA to get some stock in for it (or stock for anything really because they still say the summer Isabelle amiibo isn't out BUT IT IS YOU FUCKERS WHERE IS ISABELLE)

Amazon Japan has it in stock, and they ship overseas now.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth. And I guess Escha&Logy Plus came out. Also XCOM Plus if you want to play xcom on the go

Escha&Logy is $80 or something. I don't know why they had to price it that high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Modus Pwnens posted:

Amazon Japan has it in stock, and they ship overseas now.

Yeah, but I couldn't figure out how to use PayPal when thumbing around their website and that's all I've got right now.