Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Too many for PS3, too few for PS4. Can you actually read Japanese? If not, what's your tolerance for reading translation guides and/or Google Translated Japanese language strategy wikis to get started? Very few Japanese exclusive games have English language support so if the answer is zero then there's almost nothing.

Yeah, no knowledge of Japanese unfortunately. I was hoping there's some really fun game that has few menus and a story I can ignore but I guess most of the good stuff comes to the west anyway.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

To steer this thread away from anime cleavage, what's the skinny on Republique? Stealth-based games can be very hit or miss, but I kinda like the title and they name-drop MGS4 devs in the write up for it.

It's different from most stealth games in that you're not in direct control of the protagonist, you're some bloke watching her through security cameras. You tell her when to wait at a corner and when to make a run for it, you open doors for her, stuff like that.

I only played the first episode on iOS and honestly it was kinda novel playing something that looked that good on my phone but I have no idea how that holds up on a console with way better games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

abagofcheetos posted:

this gap-moe is great.

Do you mean this?

Really tho if you're going to make a JP or HK PSN account and want to get DLC I'd be ready for some very strange texts. Any time I've gotten a JP PSN card via play-asia it's always been a guy just taking a picture of the card in a street ally or McDonalds.

Lant fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 25, 2016

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

gap- moe is like, imagine a prepubescent girl and an adult women standing feet away from eachother.

I am physically attracted to the literal space inbetween them.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

quote:

[This review is based on a retail build purchased by the reviewer. The term "person of color" was erroneously used in the first draft of this review, and has since been changed to denote the writer's original intention.]

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i really want to know how it was used now

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

No flash sale, no Easter sale, no spring sale come on Sony it's my god given right to save money

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Syrinxx posted:

No flash sale, no Easter sale, no spring sale come on Sony it's my god given right to save money

sony is helping you save money by keeping the price of games too high to justify a purchase. i for one am grateful

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Takoluka posted:

Is there a decent alternative to Play-Asia for imports?

The last importing I did was from Lik-Sang :cry::cry:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Syrinxx posted:

Literally had a flash sale last week. I thought they only did one a month?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Homework Explainer posted:

quote:

Multiplayer? Gone. Jetskis? Missing. Slot machines? Nope. Licensed music? None here. CG cutscenes? As if. Person of colorMulti-cultural characters? MIA.
It is a really dumb comment to make since most of the characters are Asian, and the game's crazy fanbase already blames politically correct criticism for scaring Koei-Tecmo away from a western release.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Tina is one of the best Dead or Alives and she's been in every beach volly ball prior. There is no excuse except blatant racism

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sentient Data posted:

The last importing I did was from Lik-Sang :cry::cry:

gently caress Sony

I got my PSP from there

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

grrarg posted:

It is a really dumb comment to make since most of the characters are Asian, and the game's crazy fanbase already blames politically correct criticism for scaring Koei-Tecmo away from a western release.

I think he means Lisa isn't in the game. Is she?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

grrarg posted:

This also brought on some of those awesome 'it's anime, so of course they are all white!" comments.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Homework Explainer posted:

My wife teaches undergrad cultural studies courses in the midwest and there are lots of kids that literally don't understand the difference between "person of color" and "colored person."

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Any news on next months psn+? Should I start moaning now ?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Manwithastick posted:

Should I start moaning now ?

Always.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Syrinxx posted:

Actually, by buying things on discount you are not saving money at all. The only way to truly save is to not buy things that you want, even on discount.

Hope this helps you save some money.

Manwithastick posted:

You know I love complaining about PS+ with the rest of them but I have to be honest most of my multiplayer fun has been taking the PS4 to someone's house and going "Let's see which of these PS+ games is fun in multiplayer". I never would've bought Broforce but you can bet that 4 of us played it for like 2 hours - same with towerfall, gauntlet, helldivers.

It captures that weird magic of going to someone's house and finding a stack of games you never heard of and playing them all in a row.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Manwithastick posted:

One of the games is Dead Star, a multiplayer twin stick shooter. We'll find out the rest this week.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Edit: I'm dumb, EU Easter PSN sale has been going for awhile apparently.

gibbed fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 27, 2016

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I suppose it's too much to hope for classic Tales games to show up on the psn someday? I miss tales of destiny, and don't want to track down a physical copy.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Manwithastick posted:

A pretty good explanation on why we've seen a downgrade in PS+ free games:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/03/talking_point_whats_gone_wrong_with_playstation_plus

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
It'd probably change for the better if there were tiers.

Online only price

online + game subscription price

Issue is the better the games the more it'd fall back into the same 'situation'

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Grey posted:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/03/talking_point_whats_gone_wrong_with_playstation_plus

Huh, that's interesting. I suppose that means they're either gonna start recycling previous giveaways or else the free game thing will eventually dry up or get restricted solely to playstation classics.

Best case scenario, they take PSNow and just insert that into the PS+ benefits.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

You could also grab an Xbone for their current fire sale prices and just use that as your 'free' games machine with Games with Gold.

But I agree if PSNow or even a PS Vue bundle was created, it would go a long way towards making people excited about PS+ again.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

At this point, I use PS+ for discounts and cloud saves. IGC is irrelevant for me. Discounts often pay for it and then some, so this focus on IGC is a tunnel-visioned view of the service.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Grey posted:

Id be more interested in mega drive games and free themes

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'd like a second GB for game saves on the ps3.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I'm half tempted to get GWG just to get this and next month's games.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Watrick posted:

I'm half tempted to get GWG just to get this and next month's games.

They were giving away a free month recently. Maybe it's still active?

Also, is there a free section/url for the Xbox store, similar to the one for the psn?

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Skychrono posted:

Also, is there a free section/url for the Xbox store, similar to the one for the psn?

Well, I just signed up. It was a dollar for 2 months. I don't know how it ended up with that, but I'll take it.

No idea on the link though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Skychrono posted:

I think you cant get the games unless you give them your cc info.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Grey posted:

the article u just linked explains it really easily in one very obvious point everyone ignores:

Having said that, it's important to remember that PlayStation Plus was at its best on the PS3 in late 2012 and early 2013 – a whopping seven years after the launch of the console.

for the vita, the console was straight up dying (and is now dead) so they went ham on the ps+ offerings earlier on to try and salvage it.

the ps4 is early in its life and its ps+ give aways are already better than they were for the ps3 early on in the subscriptions life. in fact at this point in the ps3s lifespan the service didnt even exist. when it did come in after 4 years it was an optional sub and gave away absolute poo poo. idk what games people actually want from it, because no one is going to give away their big retail titles on a two year old system still mainly in the hands of people with eithe rmore disposible icnome than average or who are heavy gamers who will prob be buying their games anyway. theyve been consistently giving away good to fantastic indies and smaller games since launch, even though the sub is now required for multiplayer as well, there is literally nothing to be complaining about unless u have no perspective.

maybe it wouldve been better for sony to have said that there would be no ps+ games for 4 years on ps4 full stop. maybe then that wouldve made everyone a lot happier as it wouldve been consistent in quality over generations.

namaste.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PS+ has always been good for every system and is good now.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
it was bad then it was good now its bad again

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it was bad then it was good and its still good, its just not giving away the same types of titles on a 2 year old console as it was on a 7 year old console to the surprise of everyone somehwoe.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Stux posted:

maybe it wouldve been better for sony to have said that there would be no ps+ games for 4 years on ps4 full stop. maybe then that wouldve made everyone a lot happier as it wouldve been consistent in quality over generations.

Gamers are so entitled. What jerks they are for expecting something of value for their monthly subscription. They should be grateful they are even allowed to play video games.

Hyperbole aside, I personally think PS+ has had pretty good value on PS4. Rocket League alone was worth the $40 bucks I spent on a years sub, and there are a ton of others I've really enjoyed (apotheon, galak-z, grow home, Helldivers, race the sun, counterspy, guacamelee, infamous first light, ground zeroes, olli olli 2, super meat boy, super time force, velocity 2x, transistor, amont others). Granted a significant chunk of the above list are re-releases, etc., but that doesn't mean they aren't great games that many did not play the first time.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the point is they do get something of value. its not like they just throw up 6 piece of poo poo nad call it done, like u said theyve given away a gently caress ton of fantastic games that just happen to not be AAAs. unfortunaetely to gamers if they dont like a game bcos of subjective taste that means the game itself is actually completely without merit and a rip off, regardless of quality.

edit: can u imagine actually wanting knack, knowni for being a straight up bad game, over stuff like helldivers, galak-z and rocket leauge ,just on the principle that knack was a full disc release? lmao

Ming the Merciless
Aug 10, 2005
You're a beard with an idiot hanging off of it.
Speaking as someone who only has a PS3, I don't think I've touched a new Plus game this year. Plenty of old ones to keep me occupied though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I don't really play games online, so it kind feels like signing up for a cheese of the month club, but then the cheese of the month club also becomes how some people pay their water bill, and all you find yourself getting is a pack of kraft singles in the mail every month.

In truth I just wanted to make a bad analogy that didn't involve cars.

• Locked thread