Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Seriously why the gently caress is there a decay on hysteria stacks? It's totally unnecessary.
I haven't tried it, but maniac sure doesn't sound that great.

Really, I can't think of any loud situations where I wouldn't take grinder for dodge or muscle for armor. Maybe ex-president in certain gimmick builds or gambler in a group of other people running gambler for shits.

As a matter of fact, I realized earlier tonight helping some newbie pals get sorted out that I don't even know enough about most of the others to speak intelligently about them, and I have most of the decks maxed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Meldonox posted:

I haven't tried it, but maniac sure doesn't sound that great.

Really, I can't think of any loud situations where I wouldn't take grinder for dodge or muscle for armor. Maybe ex-president in certain gimmick builds or gambler in a group of other people running gambler for shits.

As a matter of fact, I realized earlier tonight helping some newbie pals get sorted out that I don't even know enough about most of the others to speak intelligently about them, and I have most of the decks maxed.

If we didn't have health regen decks, it would be really good. Gambler and Maniac would probably be dominant. But like I keep saying, Muscle/Grinder/Ex-Presidents basically obsoletes everything else in terms of being optimal. DR extends the amount of health you have by what generally ends up being a finite amount. Regenerating health gives you a literal infinite amount of health. There's no comparison. It's the same reason why most people figured out that Grinder is obviously better than Rogue.

Pingcode
Feb 25, 2011
I'm definitely looking forward to Hostage Taker being much shallower in minimum investment thanks to that, though - it's not super-hard to get a hold of a hostage in a secure spot, and being able to commit 20-28 points to getting that all important health regen should really open up the field for experimenting with other perk decks

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Putting the reduction in flashbang duration as a tier 1 skill is a good idea, but it would be much better if they used this opportunity to totally reform the flashbangs instead. Currently these are spawned randomly at players' feet (ie, you can't avoid them at all), often without any cops nearby, ensure that you can't see poo poo, and last for a stupidly long time without that particular skill. It's the most commonplace example of fake difficulty in the game. In fact, they should reduce the visual duration of flashbangs overall and use that skill slot for something else.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Geight posted:

Why is bullets stumbling shields bad?

This part isn't bad, but the wording indicates stumbling shields with melee would not be a sure thing and the heavier hitting melee weapons would have a better chance of stumbling.

If you're wailing on a shield with anything and you've got Iron Man they should stumble 100% of the time IMO.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
My game is crashing everytime I go into the inventory menu. It works fine when I remove all mods. I've narrowed it down toi my mods->Base->red>luia_mod_manager.lua file.

Is there a file that's interfering?

Edit: Never mind, solved it

jerichojx fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 26, 2016

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

"explosive price" and "explosive throne" are the easiest poop jokes in the world and you didnt take it. dissapointed.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Meldonox posted:

Had this happen the other day. I basically just said all decks are good except crook cause I never wear vest.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Wastrel_ posted:

Putting the reduction in flashbang duration as a tier 1 skill is a good idea, but it would be much better if they used this opportunity to totally reform the flashbangs instead. Currently these are spawned randomly at players' feet (ie, you can't avoid them at all), often without any cops nearby, ensure that you can't see poo poo, and last for a stupidly long time without that particular skill. It's the most commonplace example of fake difficulty in the game. In fact, they should reduce the visual duration of flashbangs overall and use that skill slot for something else.

Flashbangs and smoke grenades aren't random- they spawn when certain enemy spawngroups are 1. assigned the flashbang location as their next target location, 2. when the enemy spawngroup "believes" that the assigned location is where the player is, and 3. the enemy doesn't see any players(or maybe the target player, I forget which). If you get a flashbang or smoke grenade, it's basically a sign that a group of swat are about to hit your location from an enemy pathing node immediately nearby.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 27, 2016

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They aren't pathing poo poo if I kill them all. :unsmigghh:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://imgur.com/a/nRdx9

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

"buy the heist"

isn't the crossover heist going to be free

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I don't get it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skunkrocker posted:

I don't get it.

they're saying that overkill has killed payday 2 and they're forcing the playerbase to buy dlcs or else

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

BillmasterCozb posted:

they're saying that overkill has killed payday 2 and they're forcing the playerbase to buy dlcs or else

Utter whiny tripe bullshit. These people scream like they are being bent over and done roughshod with no lube, but they continue to put dozens if not hundreds of hours into the game like nothings changed. Shut the gently caress up you whiny cunts.

Hobold fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 27, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So are the new jobs coming next week or the week after? I forget what time limit people were saying about the HH heist.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Crabtree posted:

So are the new jobs coming next week or the week after? I forget what time limit people were saying about the HH heist.

Supposed to be this coming week isn't it? Also time limit?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Hobold posted:

Supposed to be this coming week isn't it? Also time limit?

Yeah like "about two weeks" or what you just said. I typed time limit but was thinking ETA. :v:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
HH heists (two of em) are coming on the 31st.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I gotta say, throwing a bunch of free content in a video game I enjoy is a great way to make me want to see your movie.

I didn't see Point Break because I had to pay for the DLC. :colbert: (And also it looked like hot garbo)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

My thanks to Metal, Sykic, a random pubbie and coolguy (in that order) for helping me get Pro Goat and once again leave me with a clean achievement slate.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Mar 27, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
For five more days until the achievement game starts again!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Just got this a couple of days ago - has anyone else had problems with their video card crapping out, causing the whole computer to hang, when going between days? Not in the middle of the action, but in the loading screen after it's all over. It's an odd problem I'm having that I haven't heard much about.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

What are these source images even from? I'm bad at movies.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
either you havent watched the new trailer or you're taking the piss

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Afraid of Audio posted:

either you havent watched the new trailer or you're taking the piss

I just literally now sat down to watch them and came back to this page to edit out my post. I was at work when they were posted and then forgot to watch them. I'm the guy who sucks.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
Almir Listo ‏@almirlisto 13m13 minutes ago
Community update: Safe house customization is in development, previous release date was spring, looks to be delayed. New date TBD. #PAYDAY2

lol

also
Almir Listo ‏@almirlisto 12m12 minutes ago
Community update: Remaining classic PDTH heists dependent on community feedback. Did you like them, or do you prefer new content? #PAYDAY2

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

also
Almir Listo ‏@almirlisto 12m12 minutes ago
Community update: Remaining classic PDTH heists dependent on community feedback. Did you like them, or do you prefer new content? #PAYDAY2

The Take 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The old stuff has been great, it's nice to have big heists to play again.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I like FWB and Slaughterhouse but Counterfeit and Undercover are actually pretty boring. I couldn't tell you what exactly makes or breaks a Payday 2 heist but the last two don't have that same charm, at least for me.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
If they don't add Diamond Heist and No Mercy this game is loving dead to me

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

Almir Listo ‏@almirlisto 13m13 minutes ago
Community update: Safe house customization is in development, previous release date was spring, looks to be delayed. New date TBD. #PAYDAY2

One day. One day we're gonna move out of this laundromat. At the rate we're going though, we'll be able to just build a home from all the money we've stolen by the time it gets here.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Geight posted:

I like FWB and Slaughterhouse but Counterfeit and Undercover are actually pretty boring. I couldn't tell you what exactly makes or breaks a Payday 2 heist but the last two don't have that same charm, at least for me.

Honestly, I'd take 50% odds on future updates of old heists being good. If I had some sort of red phone hotline I'd tell them to keep going but gently caress trying to interact on social media.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Slaughterhouse is my most played heist, after mallcrashers. I could play undercover all day, played counterfeit twice and i feel i don't need to ever again.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Nice thread title.

I'd hate for the remakes to be as dull as Counterfeit is, but I need The Take 2016.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Geight posted:

I've made this point before but Counterfeit and Undercover are like Go: Bank or Bomb Forest in that instead of moving from objective to objective you just guard a central objective point and then occationally have a fetch quest, its boring garbage and didnt translate well to PD2.

Unfortunately that kind of describes Panic Room also so hopefully that dosent suck.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 27, 2016

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I'm looking forward to Heat Street

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
Am I the only one who liked that bridge level in PDTH?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Basticle posted:

I've made this point before but Counterfeit and Undercover are like Go: Bank or Bomb Forest in that instead of moving from objective to objective you just guard a central objective point and then occationally have a fetch quest, its boring garbage and didnt translate well to PD2.

Unfortunately that kind of describes Panic Room also so hopefully that dosent suck.

Panic Room still had more movement to it than, say, Undercover; you have to get Chavez, plant and defend the saws, clear the roof, collect the C4, plant it on multiple floors, defend the chopper while it lowers the winch, secure it, then cover it while it escapes and escape through the basement. There's a lot of vertical motion, even if you do spend three objectives defending the roof. (This is based on my memory of last playing Panic Room years ago so I might have misremembered the order or objectives)

I want PD2 Heat Street, though. Imagine: you step out of cover and instantly get pasted by a pair of black dozers all the way at the other end of the road.

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

Am I the only one who liked that bridge level in PDTH?

Green Bridge also ruled and I want that in PD2 too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

RandallODim posted:

Panic Room still had more movement to it than, say, Undercover; you have to get Chavez, plant and defend the saws, clear the roof, collect the C4, plant it on multiple floors, defend the chopper while it lowers the winch, secure it, then cover it while it escapes and escape through the basement. There's a lot of vertical motion, even if you do spend three objectives defending the roof. (This is based on my memory of last playing Panic Room years ago so I might have misremembered the order or objectives)

I want PD2 Heat Street, though. Imagine: you step out of cover and instantly get pasted by a pair of black dozers all the way at the other end of the road.

Green Bridge also ruled and I want that in PD2 too.

you mean a pair of black dozers steps out of cover and insantly gets RPG'd