Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

RandallODim posted:

Panic Room still had more movement to it than, say, Undercover; you have to get Chavez, plant and defend the saws, clear the roof, collect the C4, plant it on multiple floors, defend the chopper while it lowers the winch, secure it, then cover it while it escapes and escape through the basement. There's a lot of vertical motion, even if you do spend three objectives defending the roof. (This is based on my memory of last playing Panic Room years ago so I might have misremembered the order or objectives)

Between Inspire and the absurd number of crowd control options we have access to, I can't imagine the first half of Panic Room being the slightest bit difficult. On the other hand, the completely broken AI/climbing animation problem will make the roof a total deathtrap, so maybe it will balance out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Basticle posted:

you mean a pair of black dozers steps out of cover and insantly gets RPG'd

This is the obvious counterpart, yes.

I just want the streetfighting heists with the ability to shout at people to run faster all the time and also paste anything at distance with a Thanny.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Nice thread title.

I'd hate for the remakes to be as dull as Counterfeit is, but I need The Take 2016.

Thanks. All of your suggestions for thread titles inspired me to come up with a much better one.

I like Counterfeit (except for the problem it has with enemies just dawdling around the map perimeter), but I'm not big on Undercover as you can just camp the spawns. FWB is pretty fun in that it's a full frontal assault and can get tense and packed when I'm not playing with Metal and Sykic. Slaughterhouse is alright, but visually dull, and those blue container spawns can get loving cheap on DW.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

whats the achievment for taking no skills and AMCARs and Chimano 88s? that was 1) the most fun I've had in this game in months and 2) the closest to recreating Heat Street I've played yet.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Basticle posted:

whats the achievment for taking no skills and AMCARs and Chimano 88s? that was 1) the most fun I've had in this game in months and 2) the closest to recreating Heat Street I've played yet.

Tabula Rasa?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I looked it up and its We Are Rockstars On This Job. Also that was a year ago, gently caress me.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Basticle posted:

I've made this point before but Counterfeit and Undercover are like Go: Bank or Bomb Forest in that instead of moving from objective to objective you just guard a central objective point and then occationally have a fetch quest, its boring garbage and didnt translate well to PD2.

Unfortunately that kind of describes Panic Room also so hopefully that dosent suck.

I mean, that's also Hoxton Breakout Day Two which is great.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Neopie posted:

I mean, that's also Hoxton Breakout Day Two which is great.

It's also in the execution. You pretty much have the run of the map in Hoxout and you don't really need to protect the power box all that much. The cops don't aggressively path for the water or power boxes in PD2 Counterfeit like in PD1 but you're strictly limited by how much you wander around the map because there are so many active snipers and possibly a turret.

I'm actually most interested in the possible Diamond Heist remake. It's a pretty small and cramped map like Undercover is, so hopefully they do something interesting with it. PD2 Undercover is just a boring meat grinder because we have so many insane close-quarters options.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Heat Street remake:
"oh no, guys, Matt stole all our skills! You're down to a single Crosskill until you can make him crash and get your perk decks back."

intro run is now hard again, makes as much sense as anything in this game :v:

for real though I want diamond heist 2016. I don't think I even care if it's difficult, I just want to play it more.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Maybe we'll get a second remix of Breach of Security!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

Maybe we'll get a second remix of Breach of Security!

well I'll just go ask Simon on twitter for Breach 2016, then

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Strudel Man posted:

Just got this a couple of days ago - has anyone else had problems with their video card crapping out, causing the whole computer to hang, when going between days? Not in the middle of the action, but in the loading screen after it's all over. It's an odd problem I'm having that I haven't heard much about.

I think your card might just be bad as the worst things I've seen is just the game quitting to menu and that's usually because a number of things including my computer not reacting well to someone's mods. Did you run any sort of Goonmod or different huds?

Psion posted:

Heat Street remake:
"oh no, guys, Matt stole all our skills! You're down to a single Crosskill until you can make him crash and get your perk decks back."

intro run is now hard again, makes as much sense as anything in this game :v:

for real though I want diamond heist 2016. I don't think I even care if it's difficult, I just want to play it more.

I do like that even in Payday 2 the Taxman is totally Matt without a suitcase. He even crouches and angles one of his hands like he was carrying something there as he's forced to walk.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

also
Almir Listo ‏@almirlisto 12m12 minutes ago
Community update: Remaining classic PDTH heists dependent on community feedback. Did you like them, or do you prefer new content? #PAYDAY2

Who would vote for old content? Lol just play the old game for that

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Counterfeit is one of the easiest DW loud maps outside of mini-heists like Four Stores. Undercover can be intense but its definitely on the easier side. FWB has a good layout and can be quite hard, especially if the vault door spawns on the side with the waiting area - there's little cover and the sniper spawns are right on top of you through the skylight. Slaughterhouse is pretty even throughout the entire level - it's hard from start to finish.

I just want more maps like FWB or the Point Break heists - varied layouts and objectives. Not too open like Forest or Goat Simulator day 1 but not so easy to hold out forever like counterfeit. Looks like Hardcore Henry map will have a TF2-style move the bomb across the map objective, which should be fun. I'd like to see more maps that allow partial AND full stealth success too -things like Firestarter day 2, and not like Framing Frame 3. I'm not a huge fan of stealth, but I like the idea of stealthing the first 5-10 minutes to bypass certain difficult objectives or gain additional loot.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
How would Heat Street be appreciably different from Hoxton Breakout? I've got fond memories of it being a real dickcruncher, and I feel like I'll be mildly let down when it turns out having skills and whatnot really trivializes it. *sprints to Matt with dodge build*

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Jimmy's character model has problems

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm still so glad Jimmy has retroactively justified my massive nosebleed surgical mask.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
Speaking of problems with character models, when we finished a heist and came back to the lobby my model was Chains but my skin was Dallas.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Plan Z posted:

Jimmy's character model has problems

counterpoint:
https://gfycat.com/SmartExcitableAlligatorsnappingturtle

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
My friends and I were having issues with crashes on mission restarts last night. Between the three of us, didn't matter who hosted, one or both clients would disconnect and crash when the lobby screen was loading for people.

My google fu is finding a shitload of people with this exact same problem but posted solutions are few and far between and what is posted tends to just be 'verify game files' which did us no good, last night.

Strangest about this is everything worked fine earlier that same day between us. I'm hoping you guys have already seen this problem come and go with a solution?

e: since it seems to come up often - none of us have mods installed

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 28, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Zigmidge posted:

My friends and I were having issues with crashes on mission restarts last night. Between the three of us, didn't matter who hosted, one or both clients would disconnect and crash when the lobby screen was loading for people.

My google fu is finding a shitload of people with this exact same problem but posted solutions are few and far between and what is posted tends to just be 'verify game files' which did us no good, last night.

Strangest about this is everything worked fine earlier that same day between us. I'm hoping you guys have already seen this problem come and go with a solution?

Payday's netcode is basically magic. Sacrifice a goat and maybe it will work.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I get home in about 5 hours, hopefully goons are still playing payday by then.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

FAUXTON posted:

I get home in about 5 hours, hopefully goons are still playing payday by then.

I will be in two or three. I've been itching to all day.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Payday's netcode is basically magic. Sacrifice Steal a goat and maybe it will work.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Crashing to desktop is a netcode thing?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

I was pretty sure that was step 1 before the sacrifice, I mean who would pay for a goat?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

https://github.com/polarathene/biglobby

Screens from https://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/4c98qa/im_just_gonna_leave_this_here/

This is going to make my next LAN interesting. We all like playing Payday but we usually have 5-7 people so we end up having to split in to two groups with bots (which doesn't work well since half the players aren't great) or leave people out.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 28, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

Maybe. If your files validate fine, and you're not running any mods, it's hard to say what could be going on. If you can play a heist by yourself and not crash, but playing with others leads to crashing, though, I'd bet on netcode being weird. If you're crashing even trying to do offline heists, then there's something else going on.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

wolrah posted:

Screens from https://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/4c98qa/im_just_gonna_leave_this_here/

This is going to make my next LAN interesting. We all like playing Payday but we usually have 5-7 people so we end up having to split in to two groups with bots (which doesn't work well since half the players aren't great) or leave people out.

Holy loving poo poo. :stare:

EDIT: It's BLT. gently caress yes.

We need to do this. Oh my god we need to do this. This needs to be the new goon heist mod of choice. Never having to say "Oh, we're full." when just one more person wants to play. Huge gigantic games of all goons just breaking maps wide open like never before intended. Ten people bringing out their inner Sykic and rockets everywhere like it's Independence Day. ECM rushing The Diamond. White X-Mas. Hoxton Breakout Day 2 card duping with EVERYONE.

We need to do this.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 28, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zigmidge posted:

There's a good chance of it being netcode-related at some level, maybe a netcode-related quirk causing some kind of CTD condition due to something going somewhere it shouldn't.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

wolrah posted:

This is incredible. I want to get like eight goons and just start turning on mutators until my PC starts smoking.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

wolrah posted:

And then turn on National Guard Response for maximum funtimes.

Comedy Option: OveSaw 126000.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

bbcisdabomb posted:

And then turn on National Guard Response for maximum funtimes.

It's only fair. We bring more heisters, they should bring more cops. :getin:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

There's a good chance of it being netcode-related at some level, maybe a netcode-related quirk causing some kind of CTD condition due to something going somewhere it shouldn't.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Maybe. If your files validate fine, and you're not running any mods, it's hard to say what could be going on. If you can play a heist by yourself and not crash, but playing with others leads to crashing, though, I'd bet on netcode being weird. If you're crashing even trying to do offline heists, then there's something else going on.

I wish you guys could have seen me laugh there. I'm coming to this from GTA Online and was hoping in earnest for a heist platform without a host of weird bugs.

Ah well, we'll cross our fingers and hope for better results tonight!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zigmidge posted:

I wish you guys could have seen me laugh there. I'm coming to this from GTA Online and was hoping in earnest for a heist platform without a host of weird bugs.

Ah well, we'll cross our fingers and hope for better results tonight!

:lol: this is Overkill we're talking about, not Rockstar. For the most part if you play the game without mods you'll be fine. The issue being, of course, that the game is drastically improved with poco and goonmod.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Dr Cheeto posted:

This is incredible. I want to get like eight goons and just start turning on mutators until my PC starts smoking.

It's like I absolutely do & do not need to witness this ever. Maybe if I put my computer in the freezer...

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

Depends on how you're restarting, too. If you hit "restart mission" you're doing it at your own peril. It was implemented as a feature years ago and has mostly been a mess. If you want to end a mission, it's best to just all kill yourselves with explosives/fire/enemies or by jumping off something high. If it's pooping out when everyone dies, then I'm at a loss, except for the possibility that maybe someone else should try hosting (I should probably assume you've tried this).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
A press release was linked on reddit:

edit: I've confirmed the source, this is legit.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 28, 2016

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I like the phrase 'electrified brass knuckles'. That has promise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Oh my god please tell me there is gonna be another buzzer