Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mef989 posted:

So I'm just getting back into 40k after having not played in over 2 years. I got out towards the end of 6th Ed while formations were still relatively new, and have a few questions on them and the new force org charts. I know unbound is a thing now but combined arms has advantages too. Does anyone even play unbound? I always felt that well rounded lists were just better, and combined arms seems to play into that thought, I just want to know if unbound is something broken (if people even play it), and if it's even something to watch out for.

As for formations, they look to have almost merged with the new race specific force or charts? All the ones I've seen so far look a lot more intricate than the older tau gently caress off battle suit ones. How do these work now?

Finally, for Tau, should I look into any foc other than combined arms?
No one plays unbound because you can more or less do the same thing just by running the best formations while getting a bunch of bonuses (ranging from special rules to free transports or wargear or everything at once) with a slight "tax" of units you may not always want to take like an assault or devastator squad. Formations don't interact with Force Organization Charts at all and are their own separate detachment. You can have as many detachments as you want now so you aren't limited in the slightest. There are even formations of formations that give an over-arching bonus to all of the formations within them on top of their existing bonuses. Things like this are called "fluffy" or "fun" by most 40k players while older codexes without formations or just those with lovely formations have no recourse and get destroyed.

If you don't have a good group, I would not encourage anyone to get into 40k right now. It's a complete mess. It was never balanced before, but now I have no idea what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Get into 30k instead. It's way more balanced, and FW actually care enough to release FAQs and erratas nerfing/buffing things.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
40k is a great game that is easy to get into! Wanna buy my ork army for 600 bucks?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I caved and signed up for the grand tournament Thursday at Adepticon, and all I'm bringing is your standard Gladius, no gimmick free transport stuff. How badly should I expect to get hosed?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Uroboros posted:

I caved and signed up for the grand tournament Thursday at Adepticon, and all I'm bringing is your standard Gladius, no gimmick free transport stuff. How badly should I expect to get hosed?

Well when one of the armies people will expect to play is 'your army, plus 10 or so free transports' that should give you an idea both of how badly it will go, and how far in the distance the concept of game balance is.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

Get into 30k instead. It's way more balanced, and FW actually care enough to release FAQs and erratas nerfing/buffing things.

Safety Factor posted:

If you don't have a good group, I would not encourage anyone to get into 40k right now. It's a complete mess. It was never balanced before, but now I have no idea what's going on.

Luckily I do have a good group and half of 40k for me is painting minis. I also have 1000+ pts of tau just lying around from the last time I played. For now I'm just going try and avoid fielding anything too broken and will probably look into 30k though once I'm done painting up what I already have.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

drat that's boring. There's already a deathwatch vs genestealer boxed game which is the same thing but cooler. They should have made it Catachan Jungle Fighters vs Genestealers, that'd be way better.

While boring and such that price tag is pretty affordable and could work as a good introduction to 40k.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Uroboros posted:

The middle of the pack is literally people playing the lists that the internet think are overpowered for the second time. So you have that at least.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Uroboros posted:

If any of the mission involve KP you've got that going for you at least. If you're not relying on the Gladius mega gimmick you might want to just CAD it up for ObSec on all your troops and troop transports and laugh and laugh while your single Rhino caps what all of their army cannot.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PierreTheMime posted:

If any of the mission involve KP you've got that going for you at least. If you're not relying on the Gladius mega gimmick you might want to just CAD it up for ObSec on all your troops and troop transports and laugh and laugh while your single Rhino caps what all of their army cannot.

Unless you run into eldar with bikes. Which you will.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

PierreTheMime posted:

Everything in normal Gladius is pretty much obj sec

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

LordAba posted:

Unless you run into eldar with bikes. Which you will.

Honestly there's not much Space Marines can do against Eldar bikes unless the Eldar player plays them offensively. They are the ultimate last minute objective grabber and if they go second they'll likely just sit right outside of range until last turn to surge forward. It's infuriating but unless you have fast units (which SM don't) with good range you're never catching them in the hands of a good player.

Uroboros posted:

Everything in normal Gladius is pretty much obj sec

Completely forgot about that. :shobon:

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 26, 2016

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

I feel the terrain will be a huge factor? Is it open or cluttered usually? I am bringing the Stormwing, so I will have the ability to reach out and touch someone.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
The Taranis knight "Red Might" is coming along. I've changed his helm to look more like a Skitarii helm and changed his service badges to represent a permanent transfer to Skitarii service (the red V black lightning bolt symbol on the crotch banner).

Lots of work left to do.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

LordAba posted:

40k is a great game that is easy to get into! Wanna buy my ork army for 600 bucks?

you are history's greatest monster!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
So The Sisko came down to my hood the other day, and despite me having to take a few calls for work, we had a good time throwing down!
I don't recall the speciifcs, but our forces were more or less as follows:

My Blood Axes:
- Mad Dok Grotsnik
- Mutoid Mek (Big Mek with KFF, cybork body, klaw, kombi-skorcha, 'eavy armor)
- MANz x6 (3 kombi skorchas, one guy with killsaws)
- Big Squiggoth
- Ardboyz x12 with shootas, nob, klaw, rokkit, trukk with big shoota
- Ardboyz x12 with shootas, nob, klaw, big shoota, trukk with rokkit
- Ardboyz x12 with shootas, nob, klaw, big shoota, trukk with rokkit
- Grot Tanks x4 with kustom mega blasta, big shoota, rokkit launcha, grotzooka
- Kommandos x15 with burna x2, nob, klaw
- Kannons x4 with 11 grots or so

His Admech:
- Techpriest Dominus
- 3 Kataphron dudes with grav cannons
- 3 Kataphron dudes with grav cannons
- Ironstrider ballistarius
- Onager Dunecrawler with neutron laser
- Onager Dunecrawler with neutron laser
- 10x Skitarii rangers
- 10x Skitarii vanguard
- 5x Sicarian Ruststalkers
- 2x Kastelan robot with Datasmith
- Vindicare Assassin

We rolled up Big Guns Never Tire, with three objectives, which we placed all down the middle. We went with Dawn of War because other deployments are hard to play with in my cramped little kitchen. Here's the city of Skullingrad, before the battle started:

And with our forces in play:

Our forces were on the table, the mission to capture the central street was clear, and we went on with the battle! Turn 1 one of my trukks bogged down and the boyz had to get out:

While the gunz took aim at the chicken walker:

And the Grot Tanks opened fire on the Vindicare on top of the bastion, wounding him twice:

And Grotsnik directed Ol' Squiggly through the ruins:

One of my trukks rushed up alongside the Grot Tanks, and with a wealth of fire pouring out was able to bring down the VIndicare for First Blood. The Kannons blew away the Ironstrider, and the boyz on the right flank with the bogged down trukk put some fire into the Ruststalkers.

The turn ended with one Ruststalker going down to Ork shooting and the Orks advancing across most of the board.

They'd lost their assassin, their walker, and taken some fire across the board, but it was time for the Adeptus Mechanicus to strike back!
Aye, dis is a purdy nice view up here innit?

OY! WHO TRASHED ME TRUKK!?"

One Onager put an end to a Trukk. The Kastelan robots did their stompy robot thing and advanced:
beep. boop. beep beep boop.

They put a bunch of fire into the lead trukk:

Which they summarily also trashed:
OY! WHY'Z I WALKIN!?

The Skitarii use their weird and wonderful weapons to put four wounds down on Ol' Squiggly, leaving him with two:

The Ruststalkers try to charge my boyz in cover, but don't quite make it, losing one of their robobrethren to overwatch fire:

The tech-soldiers of the Adeptus Mechanicus have slowed the Ork advance, but will it be enough to stem the green tide?

With an ever-so-stealthy battlecry, a horde of Kommandos appears on the Ork turn!
We's real sneaky like, right boss?

While the Ork flank envelops the Mechanicus attackers.

The Orks place the Stalkers firmly in their sights:

Mad Dok Grotsnik, accompanied by Mutoid Mek and a bodyguard of Meganobz, dismount from Ol' Squiggly:

The Orks shoot up the Ruststalkers:
Get out of here, STALKER.

The grot tanks chew up the Kastellan robot before the boyz on that flank charge. The boyz are massacred but cause some damage.
beep boop. where is robodad. beep boop.

The Meganobz prepare for a disordered charge against both Skitarii units, which will cause them to take overwatch fire from both
We ain't scared-a nuthin!
Overwatch puts one wound on one Nob, and they make the charge!

The fight's a massacre, and the lone surviving Skitari runs offboard
Deez tinboyz is weedy! Bring me a real fight!

The Adeptus Mechanics forces are in trouble; their center has collapsed and while one flank has weathered the battle thus far, the Ork noose is tightening on the other. They try to protect their warlord while putting as much attention as possible on taking out the Meganobz.

The Onager and Kataphron troops try to protect their Techpriest:

While the Ruststalkers attempt to move in on the Meganobz:
destroy greenskin threat. beedeebeedeebeedee

The surviving Kastelan shoots up and charges the Grot Tanks. intending to carry out its revenge
robodad noooooo

The shooting from grav cannons and elsewhere kill three of the Meganobz and put wounds elsewhere in the unit:

The Ruststalkers charge the Meganobz, intending to do some damage:

Their squad leader is challenged by Grotsnik. He puts a wound on the Mad Dok, but is killed in return.
About time somebody put up a fight! Hurr hurr hurr!

The Meganobz wiped out the stalkers and consolidated towards the warlord and his little castle:

The Kastelan had killed a Grot Tank, and the surviving tanks drove off. Ol' Squiggly was closing in for the kill, ready to engage in some monster-on-monster action:

Which he promptly won.

With the Orks firmly holding the road and closing the noose on the Techpriest Dominus and his few remaining forces, we declared an Ork victory. The forces of the Adeptus Mechanics withdrew from the planet, and the Imperium deployed its deadliest weapon on Skullingrad, ensuring no Ork would walk its streets again:

The Sisko was a really fun dude to play, and I hope next time he's in town we can have a rematch - or hey, maybe even play that Horus Heresy game we've both sunk a bunch of money into!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Extermicatus in extremis.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

In a few months time you better check the cat for grots

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hrmm...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNLMW-B7fus

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

lmao that Funderthuck fellow at the end

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Any of you Eldar players can tell me if the Wraithguard tabards can fit on a marine, or if they are (way) too long?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Mango Polo posted:

Any of you Eldar players can tell me if the Wraithguard tabards can fit on a marine, or if they are (way) too long?

Way too long, those Tabards are like the height of a Marine. They could work as cloaks I guess but will need severely trimming down to act as actual tabards.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Ad Mech need a transport to put those Ruststalkers in.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

Way too long, those Tabards are like the height of a Marine. They could work as cloaks I guess but will need severely trimming down to act as actual tabards.

Thanks for confirming. Too bad, they'd have been lovely.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Have your marine stand at the edge of a large rock so that his magnificent ur-tabard can reach its full potential.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Mango Polo posted:

Dire Avengers come with a similar, infantry-size tabard.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
There's also a few GK legs with built in tabards, and I think the stearnguard box has a torso or two with tabards.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Ah yeah, I know of other tabard bits and all, it's just that the wraithguard ones are longer/thinner than what's usual for marine bits, which is what I was interested in :(

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
One goon, three days, three Warp Spiders, one Jetbike and zero ambition. Adepticon 2016.

:(

Urubos, how's that command squad coming?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Is Adepticon this weekend or next?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The Sisko is a great kid I wish I had more time to play with.

Hrm....

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Is Adepticon this weekend or next?

3/30 - 4/2
So next, unless you aren't counting the current weekend that we are still in then it would be this weekend. This upcoming weekend would be the best way of putting it?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Boon posted:

One goon, three days, three Warp Spiders, one Jetbike and zero ambition. Adepticon 2016.

:(

Urubos, how's that command squad coming?

Despite the Easter family stuff I have them assembled, magnetized, based, all the blue is done. Sitting down now to continue working on the gold/metallic areas. Basically, I have tonight at work, tomorrow afternoon, hopefully tomorrow at work again(really depends on if I get a sitting post or not), then I will likely work Tuesday afternoon again, and call in sick that night like a total shitbag to finish as much as I can. If the Command Squad was all I had it wouldn't be a problem but I need to finish their ride, which is assembled and basecoated as well. Tuesday night I will likely drive to my buddy who is assigned display duty, and hopefully he didn't cock up the very simple instructions I gave him. I snagged a 18x24 picture frame from a store, and will glue all the display poo poo down on the cardboard backing that night. Leave from central Illinois at about 3 AM Wednesday, arrive at Adepticon wired as gently caress, get owned in the Grand Tournament, then come find whichever Goons I can along with whatever nerds from my local area have managed to make it up. I will have alcoholic root beer with me if anyone is interested, stuff be delicious.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Well, you're welcome to come find us doing the team tournament - we'll be the idiots in "Warhammered" neon tank-tops and wayfarers, probably drunk (it's a team rule to be drinking at all times during the tournament - our display board has a mini-keg).

I'll be the tall, skinny guy.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
BIGASS BATTLE REPORT

Last Friday, BuffaloChicken came over with two of our friends, Irrumare and Firehead, for a 2v2 game of Warhammer 40k that we streamed on twitch.tv. You can watch the old broadcast here, if you have about 4.5 hours to spare. I'm slowly getting better at figuring out how to make these watchable. This was one of the best games of 40k I've ever played, and it came down to the wire.

This game saw me teaming up with Irrumare's fearsome Necrons. Here's the force I brought:

The basic list is one Chaos Lord with Mark of Khorne and Power Sword, joined to a squad of MoK Chaos Space Marines with an Icon of Wrath and Champion with Power Fist in a Rhino with a Dirge Caster. The other troops choice is a 10-man squad of Chaos Marines in a Rhino (with dirge caster) with a Missile Launcher and Meltagun. There's one squad of Raptors with two meltaguns. The raptor champion has 2 lightning claws. Rounding out the list is a Vindicator with siege shield and a Heldrake with baleflamer. To my recollection, Irrumare brought a Decurion with two squads of warriors, a Necron Lord, a Tomb Stalker, a squad of Canoptek Scarabs, two squads of Tomb Blades, and a pair of Doom Scythes.

BuffaloChicken brought an unbound list he's been working on and showing off in the thread, shown here. Most of the quality photos of the game were taken by him, so props to him for taking these and letting me post them:

In there, he's got 4 squads of Catachans led by the Space Wolves character Harald Deathwolf (the Calvin & Hobbes catachan in the front blob). The Triceratops is a Wyvern tank. The large dinosaur, called "The Herpaderpadon," is a Dreadknight, and the wizard riding the anteater is a Blood Angels librarian with a Jump Pack. The Sentinel and Taurox are exactly what they look like. In addition to all this, BuffaloChicken also had 9 "buffalo chickens," which used the rules for spore mines.
He was partnered with Firehead, who brought a Crisis suit commander, two squads of Crisis suits, one squad of stealth suits, and a Devilfish filled with fire warriors.

THE MISSION
For this game, we decided to give the new Cities of Death a whirl. This is basically like Maelstrom of War, but every objective has to be placed on a building or in a ruins, and there's a different deck of cards specific to Cities of Death. These are much, much better than the Standard Maelstrom deck because there are no duplicate cards, and the cards in the deck are much more interesting. Instead of having 3 identical sets of "capture objective X" cards, there's only one set--the other two call for either holding the same of objective for two consecutive turns (awarding 2 points), or capturing an objective held by an opponent. The specific mission we played was Cities of Death - Firesweep. In addition to the cards, the mission used Slay the Warlord, First Blood, and Linebreaker, plus the Night Fighting and Variable Game Length rules.

DEPLOYMENT
BuffaloChicken and Firehead won the roll, so they chose to deploy first, hoping to get the first turn (they did). Deployment in this mission uses opposing table quarters. The six mission objectives are located in each of the 6 main buildings on the map.

Without knowing which objectives we'd have to capture, we tried to spread our forces a bit at deployment. The plan was to use the standard chaos marine squad to cap the two leftmost objectives as needed, and to fly the raptors forward to take out vehicles and cap the other two objectives on the close table half.

BuffaloChicken's team got the first turn and spent a chunk of it shooting up an empty Rhino, which was good for First Blood, and taking out my Raptor champion with stealth suits. They also scored a point for capturing the rightmost objective and a point for destroying one of our fast attack choices (a group of Necron Canoptek Scarabs), giving them 3 Victory Points to start the game off. In perhaps the game's biggest tactical error, Firehead forgot to move his Commander and crisis squad in the Assault phase, which would cost him substantially when the Vindicator was able to drop a pie plate on them in our first turn, wiping them out and giving us a point for Slay the Warlord. I shot my MoK marines and Lord up the south side of the board, ready to get them into combat with anything besides the Herpaderpadon/Dreadknight. Irrumare and I had cards that primarily gave points for capturing objectives on the far corner of the board, which we tried to discard as quickly as we could.

Turn 2 saw both teams whiff on most of our reserves rolls, but BuffaloChicken was able to snag another VP by scoring the "Sally Forth" objective when a group of his Catachan charged out of some ruins into combat with Irrumare's Necron Warriors. Unfortunately for him, BuffaloChicken's Catachans lost the combat and in their notoriously cowardly manner, turned and fled, eventually fleeing off the table edge. That put them up 4-1, and we were in an even rougher spot when the Dreadknight charged a squad of Tomb Blades and wiped them out. The only thing that kept the Dreadknight from wrecking us was Irrumare continually assualting it with Canoptek Scarabs being reanimated with the "From the Sands, we Rise" rule. The reserve rolls that didn't whiff were BuffaloChicken's infiltrating Sentinel, which came in behind our main force only to be immediately immobilized by shooting on our turn, and a pair of buffalo chicken/spore mine units, one of which dropped down into a destroyed land raider on the battlefield. My raptors put in some work by destroying Firehead's Stealth suits in close combat that turn.

It wasn't until turn 3 that Irrumare and I were able to really score some points, and that's when we scored points for Capturing objective 1 and holding it for 2 turns, bringing us up to 4 VPs. Unfortunately, BuffaloChicken scored another VP when he destroyed the Vindicator, and Firehead scored 2 for holding objective marker 5 for 2 turns, bringing their points total up to 7. At this point, we got some huge support from the Heldrake and a Doom Scythe entering play, which helped clear the way for my Chaos lord and his squad to approach the remaining Crisis Suits. I took 2 wounds off the dreadknight with my raptors before BuffaloChicken got the drop on them with his Librarian, wiping them out in close combat as they completely whiffed. At this point, we were down 7-4, but had done a fair amount of damage to BuffaloChicken's team, wiping out about half of their force. We started to talk about our options and whether we'd have to table them in order to win.

The Heldrake always makes for the best photos

Things got even rougher on Turn 4 when the rest of BuffaloChicken's reinforcements came in, allowing an Outflanking squad of Catachans and Harald Deathwolf to sneak up on my marine squad, but we were able to seriously deplete their forces when Necron Warriors took out the Wyvern and the Doom Blade arriving from reserves on our turn shot down the Herpaderpadon/Dreadknight, scoring us the "Surprise Attack" card (kill a unit with a unit that arrived from reserves this turn). We were also able to score 2 points for holding Objective 3 for 2 turns, bringing the score to 7-7. Additionally, I wiped out Firehead's fire warriors with the Heldrake and took out his Crisis suits with my Chaos lord and MoK squad. The Devilfish escaped with 2 hull points taken off it, however. We also had to fly a Doom Scythe off the board.

Turn 5 was for all the marbles, and BuffaloChicken's team came out swinging. Catching my rearguard of Chaos Space Marines in a pincer attack between the Devilfish and Harald Deathwolf and his Catachan, they cut down the squad and broke them in combat, capturing both of the objectives the squad was straddling. This scored them one point for capturing objective #1 and a point for capturing the point closest to our table edge ("Capture the Castle"). That was also objective marker #6, which gave them a third point, bringing the total up to 10-7. BuffaloChicken moved his librarian into assault with Irrumare's Necron Lord.

At this point, things were tricky--We were holding 3 objectives--Garrison Building 4, which scores 2 points for holding objective 4 at the end of consecutive turns, "No Witnesses," which scores 1 point for killing every Independent character in the enemy army (at any time), and "Repel the Enemy," which scores D3+3 VPs if there isn't a single enemy unit on or in contact with any building or ruin on the battlefield at the end of our turn.

We had held building 4 the turn before, but would need to kill BuffaloChicken's librarian to hold it again at the end of our turn. The Devilfish had 1 hull point left and was parked on top of building 1, and Harald Deathwolf and his Catechan were on top of building 6, plus there was one buffalo chicken in base contact with it. We'd have to wipe all of those out to score our objectives and win the game (we would also score 1 point for a second Slay the Warlord). Here's how it went down: The Heldrake zoomed over and took out the catechan, plus the single buffalo chicken in base contact with building 6, but couldn't touch Harald Deathwolf. The Tomb Stalker then took the last hull point off the Devilfish with a glancing hit. It took every single shot the Tomb Blades and Doom Scythe could muster to take down Deathwolf, who made a crapload of Storm Shield saves. That was the turning point for us--without killing Deathwolf, our best-case scenario was losing 11-10 when we scored only 3 points for "No Witnesses" and "Garrison building 4" when the Necron Lord killed the Librarian (we also sent in some scarabs, just to be sure). Instead, we scored those points, plus 1 for Slay the Warlord on Deathwolf, and an additional 5 points for Repel the Enemy, giving us a 16-11 win over BuffaloChicken in game that came down to the wire and ended on turn 5 when Firehead rolled a 2 to keep going.

Overall, a fantastic game where we were down for the majority of it but managed to come back with a big effort on turn 5. BuffaloChicken continues to be a rad dude to game with.

CLOSING THOUGHTS
The new cities of death is a big improvement over Maelstrom of War. The card objectives are more interesting, and the fact that most are more difficult to achieve makes the game a bit more consistent, which is a huge plus, even if the totals are slightly more swingy. While the missions don't make the objectives visible, you can kind of guess when someone needs to grab and hold an objective if they move onto it and then don't immediately score it, which gives you a chance to respond that maelstrom objectives don't. As I think about the maelstrom objectives, I tend to think that you can "fix" that game mode by just having players draw 3-5 cards at the start of the game and holding those for the entire game, only scoring them at the end, though you'd probably have to edit the deck to make that work. Either way, the Cities of Death deck was much more fun to play with and has caused me to consider trying the Tactical Supremacy deck.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 28, 2016

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

I couldn't find good GW or 3rd party tabards for my dudes either. Making your own out of green stuff truly isn't that difficult or as time consuming as you might think:

I could write up a tutorial sometime if there's interest.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

TheChirurgeon posted:

BIGASS BATTLE REPORT
This was a good read, thanks for sharing! Can't wait to hamslam with you dudes in May.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

SRM posted:

This was a good read, thanks for sharing! Can't wait to hamslam with you dudes in May.
We're all pumped to have you! My brother definitely wants to team up with your Orks.

And thanks TheChirurgeon for setting up and hosting - wonderful as always. I'll probably see how much of the recording I can stomach listening to while I paint... listening to my own banter after six or so beers might be too much to bear.

EDIT: Also RIP idiot Triceratops Wyvern who missed its twin-linked blasts all game, not touching a single enemy for four turns until it died.

BuffaloChicken fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 28, 2016

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

Ah yeah, I know of other tabard bits and all, it's just that the wraithguard ones are longer/thinner than what's usual for marine bits, which is what I was interested in :(

Turn the thing around, cut a hole in it and latch it onto his neck, and you now have a working bib for when you are fighting kroot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Hixson posted:

I couldn't find good GW or 3rd party tabards for my dudes either. Making your own out of green stuff truly isn't that difficult or as time consuming as you might think:

I could write up a tutorial sometime if there's interest.

gently caress me, those are beautiful

• Locked thread