Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Magetta puts up one hell of a fight against Vegeta. He TANKS THE FINAL FLASH. Even almost knocks Vegeta out of bounds.

:siren: Meanwhile, next episode... :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Is that real and where can I watch it?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

StrifeHira posted:

Magetta puts up one hell of a fight against Vegeta. He TANKS THE FINAL FLASH. Even almost knocks Vegeta out of bounds.

:siren: Meanwhile, next episode... :siren:

Awesome, now for him to remain pure.

Agoat posted:

Is that real and where can I watch it?

It's the preview of the next episode from this weeks. It'll get speed subbed in like 4 to 8 hours and released good by Dragon Team this coming week.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Love Bulma attacking Oolong while the fights go on, that's a hell of a throwback to the DB Tournaments.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bushmaori posted:

Love Bulma attacking Oolong while the fights go on, that's a hell of a throwback to the DB Tournaments.

Is Oolong still their prisoner? I don't remember a scene where they ever set him free or lets him decide if he wants to stay, he just seems resigned to his captivity now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Aww, twice I expected one thing to happen and I got another: When Vegeta asked about touching the barrier, I expected him to blow it up and make a shard land on Magetta, therefore winning on a technicality. I also thought he would get the Royal Rumble "both feet have to touch the ground" pass on his almost elimination. Magetta was a powerful jobber tho, I like the stupid robot.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Really happy with how this fight turned out and Magetta's character as a whole.

Metalmen being so heartbroken that they can't fight when insulted is the cutest thing.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'll a little in shock that Vegeta actually won a fight with one of his signature attacks. Truly, this is uncharted territory Super is exploring.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Vegeta only won because he hurt Magetta's feelings

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Finally Vegeta uses his best weapon.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlestheHammer posted:

Finally Vegeta uses his best weapon.

140% proof arrogance?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Dias posted:

140% proof arrogance?
You're either perfect, or you're not me. :smuggo:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Magetta was way more fun than I thought he'd be, that was a pretty solid fight. i wonder if he'll show up again later on in some form. probably not since he's so invulnerable it'd be hard to work with story-wise

Next round is gonna get interesting though

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

In It For The Tank posted:

I don't know how kosher it is to post links or full pages (even if it is Dragon Ball), so here's just the relevant panels:

Rare footage of dende using clothes beam.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Clothes Beam is actually the strongest technique. Piccolo should use it in battle. Who would expect to suddenly be blinded by a big pink BAD MAN shirt? Nobody that's who.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Really good episode this week. I liked the return of ki blasts as propulsion engines, and they made the big finish seem suitably dramatic with the lightning and such. Excited for next week.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I hope someone gives the robot a hug, poor guy. :smith:

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 27, 2016

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Monaghan posted:

I hope some gives the robot a hug, poor guy. :smith:

I don't! I actually hope the rest of the tournament is occasionally soundtracked by a big bass rumble of whatever the Japanese onomatopoeia equivalent for A BLOO BLOO BLOO is.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I feel kinda bad for Magetta. Someone should probably apologize.

EDIT:

Monaghan posted:

I hope someone gives the robot a hug, poor guy. :smith:

Yeah.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Is Oolong still their prisoner? I don't remember a scene where they ever set him free or lets him decide if he wants to stay, he just seems resigned to his captivity now.

That's a good question, I would assume no, as he hasn't had anything to offer in decades. Especially with Puar being his superior in everything but lecherousness.

Poor piggy has probably been bored shitless since he stopped following the gang around, god only knows how he supports himself these days. Transforming pig prostitution is no way to live.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Wasn't Cabba shocked when he saw Goku turn SSJ for the first time? I thought that implied he wasn't capable of being one?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mr Interweb posted:

Wasn't Cabba shocked when he saw Goku turn SSJ for the first time? I thought that implied he wasn't capable of being one?

It only implied he hadn't become one yet. Now that he knows it exists he can do it easily. I mean loving children did it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the bargain sale never ends

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I wish they had gone the other direction, where Cabba is the Legendary Super Saiyan for Universe 6, the only one in a millennium, and then he sees that every single living Saiyan over across the aisle is a Super Saiyan and it's no big deal and his brain breaks.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mr Interweb posted:

I'm guessing he figured it out by watching them do it a few times.

Can't wait for Champa's reaction when Vegeta gives off God ki.

Vegeta going SSB make me think he'll beat Cabba then lose to Hit, Princess Mononoke will then job to Hit, and Goku will win, as is written.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Can the next saga be the Blueper Saiyan Broly saga please?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That bargain sale quip made me go back and rewatch the bit where Vegeta first sees baby trunks go super saiyan and shortly afterwards decks him right in the face.

I still love Vegeta's expression after he realizes that he just punched his 10 year old in the nose with enough force to flatten a city block.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

don't worry, universe 5 is populated entirely by broly clones

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

projecthalaxy posted:

Broly's gonna be a Universe 6 good guy thats' in love with the name Kakarot.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

That bargain sale quip made me go back and rewatch the bit where Vegeta first sees baby trunks go super saiyan and shortly afterwards decks him right in the face.

I still love Vegeta's expression after he realizes that he just punched his 10 year old in the nose with enough force to flatten a city block.

Every scene with Vegeta is the best.

Also that scene is why the anime owns.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Mr Interweb posted:

The impression I got from the preview is that Vegeta is gonna beat the poo poo out of Cabba, who's incapable of putting up any resistance, until he's pushed enough to unlock SSJ.
Should be fun.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

true fact: i thought cabba was a girl for most of the arc.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
A girl who can fight?!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I was real disappointed to find out he wasn't. It was also the same day that I watched Gundam Build Fighters and was shocked to learn that the two kids were both boys.

I guess if an anime kid looks like a girl but is wearing pants they're probably a boy?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

MasterSlowPoke posted:

A girl who can fight?!

Girls can fight just not after they get married :colbert: it would've been fine. Waifu syndrome is a terrible disease that harms many shounen heroines.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cabba doesn't look like a girl tho

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

MasterSlowPoke posted:

A girl who can fight?!

Vados is stronger than Whis, remember. She even was the one who trained him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

StrifeHira posted:

Vados is stronger than Whis, remember. She even was the one who trained him.

Whis also stated that was bullshit and they had not fought in long time. She never stated to have trained him just that she was stronger.

They are likely equals however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it doesn't matter how strong any particular character is if they never fight. like 18 is really strong but I'm not expecting her to beat anyone up these days. hopefully vados gets a real fight in

• Locked thread