Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Angry Grimace posted:

Yeah, I know, gently caress that thing that is free.

MTGO is poo poo and will always be poo poo, sorry.

(deckstats is also free :wtc:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

A big flaming stink posted:

I believe they get removed from the game if they are in any zone that isn't the battlefield. I think this even extends to phasing?????

This is correct. Tokens that phase out are removed from the game. There are a lot of feel bads caused by phasing out a germ token with a batterskull attached because the batterskull phases out indirectly and never comes back. But it isn't in exile, it's on the battlefield and just gone.

I love phasing out germ tokens.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Angry Grimace posted:

This is my most out-there build of this archetype. I'm not saying its good (it doesn't seem to be) but it has the most SOI cards in it lol. I have a lot of previous versions with like Geralf's Masterpiece and such.

Brewing a version of this that's basically just an update to aristocrats, whirler rogue forever !

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Errant Gin Monks posted:

This is correct. Tokens that phase out are removed from the game. There are a lot of feel bads caused by phasing out a germ token with a batterskull attached because the batterskull phases out indirectly and never comes back. But it isn't in exile, it's on the battlefield and just gone.

I love phasing out germ tokens.

What cards with phasing are people playing?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Star Man posted:

Sapphire Charm.

It's a funny card because it's only good against Batterskull, but it's blue and cantrips in case the opponent hasn't played a Batterskull that game.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Sickening posted:

MTGO is poo poo and will always be poo poo, sorry.

(deckstats is also free :wtc:)

I mean it also lets you play actual games with a full set of the cards, which was the point, but I certainly don't give a gently caress if you do it or not :shrug:

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 28, 2016

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Been playtesting b/r vampires.

*Stuff that should be good but doesn't play well.

New bob, falkenrath gorger (although I admit to not getting any games in vs control)

*Stuff that should be bad but for some reasons plays well.

Alms of the Vein

The rest of the deck is plays pretty much as expected and can get pretty busted pretty quickly. Feels a lot like b/r dragons where except it kicks into high gear on turn 4 and feels more consistent. But yeah, this deck has some really really explosive/busted interactions and I am optimistic a good deck builder could put together something that is tier 1. Excited to see how the meta shakes out.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Mindwrack Demon has been quite good in my testing actually.

The card that everyone is playing in testing in what seems like everything is Chandra, though. She's everywhere.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

Mindwrack Demon has been quite good in my testing actually.

The card that everyone is playing in testing in what seems like everything is Chandra, though. She's everywhere.

Glad I own a playset.

Now if only I could figure out what I want to play it in.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Count Bleck posted:

Glad I own a playset.

Now if only I could figure out what I want to play it in.

U/R Sphinx's Tutelage? :getin:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Trying to build a deck from scratch is harder than I remember. Does anyone have any links to high-level people discussing potential lists as a base, or are they all locked behind SCG Premium?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I opened two copies of Goblin Dark Dwellers in prize packs and I really want to make a deck around them just so I can call them different variations of Goblin Grognards / Goblin Basement Dwellers / Goblin 4channers every time I cast them.

Also they seem hilarious with flickerdrazi.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Voyager I posted:

I opened two copies of Goblin Dark Dwellers in prize packs and I really want to make a deck around them just so I can call them different variations of Goblin Grognards / Goblin Basement Dwellers / Goblin 4channers every time I cast them.

Also they seem hilarious with flickerdrazi.

Goblin Dank Memers.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

InterrupterJones posted:

U/R Sphinx's Tutelage? :getin:

Doesn't that run Jace?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Have we made terrible fun of this yet? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ggslive/mtg-grand-prix-minneapolis-live-streaming-coverage

Here I'll start. <clears throat> 20k lmao!

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

that's not an unreasonable figure for a multi-camera shoot for 2 days with the necessary staff to make it all work out.

That said, that's not an unreasonable figure to you know, find advertiser support for you'd figure unless there's some weird rule by Hasbro that you can't advertise game stores and anything else on a third party stream of an event or whatever.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Have we made terrible fun of this yet? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ggslive/mtg-grand-prix-minneapolis-live-streaming-coverage

Lets pay to subsidize Hasboro's marketing budget. Seems like a great idea to me!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Here's another: They'd get twice the funding if the kickstarter was a promise that those announcers *wouldn't* be doing coverage.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Maybe they can get us to pay for a decent MTGO too. Pay $500 to be an exclusive beta tester. :)

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Star Man posted:

Teferis realm

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Count Bleck posted:

Doesn't that run Jace?

It does normally; but if you'd just want the loot effect, there's either Reckless Scholar or Mad Prophet. Otherwise just run more draw spells and do it creatureless. May not be top tier but it is fun.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

BJPaskoff posted:

Trying to build a deck from scratch is harder than I remember. Does anyone have any links to high-level people discussing potential lists as a base, or are they all locked behind SCG Premium?

Part of the problem is I think that SCG does their articles a week in advance so frequently they won't have all the latest available spoilers, the ones for this week should have the full spoiler.

The most interesting looking deck so far has been Michael Majors's UB Reanimator deck that was on the free side of SCG. I'll check for others.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I almost did a literal spit-take.

Everything involved with Magic the Gathering is a loving joke.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Chamale posted:

Sapphire Charm.

It's a funny card because it's only good against Batterskull, but it's blue and cantrips in case the opponent hasn't played a Batterskull that game.
Thopter combo gets wrecked by sapphire charm too. You need to time it carefully, but no one plays around it.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Aggro does not feel like its in a very good spot in this format.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I do want to see what the new B/w control looks like because Sorin is so cool, I hope he sees play.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I've been messing around with big red... as it turns out Sin Prodder, Chandra Flamecaller and Goblin Dank Memers are the best of friends. I don't know if this deck is just better splashing black or not, but being able to get back Tormenting Voices, Fiery Tempers and super secret sleeper Exquisite Firecraft finds a way to get opponents dead fast. I may be going too spicy with Avacyn's Judgment since I don't have a lot of discard outlets for it, but even as just a twin bolt it's acceptable in certain situations. Feels really good when you hit something big with the prodder trigger, feels atrocious when you hit Hangarback Walker. and sort of alright when you hit lands.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Logicblade posted:

I've been messing around with big red... as it turns out Sin Prodder, Chandra Flamecaller and Goblin Dank Memers are the best of friends. I don't know if this deck is just better splashing black or not, but being able to get back Tormenting Voices, Fiery Tempers and super secret sleeper Exquisite Firecraft finds a way to get opponents dead fast. I may be going too spicy with Avacyn's Judgment since I don't have a lot of discard outlets for it, but even as just a twin bolt it's acceptable in certain situations. Feels really good when you hit something big with the prodder trigger, feels atrocious when you hit Hangarback Walker. and sort of alright when you hit lands.

You got a list on hand? Big Red is one of the decks I wanted to try out.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
If I have Archangel Avacyn and Nantuko Husk out, and feed something else to Husk, how do the effects go on the stack? Can I choose or does Avacyn respond to Husks effect and resolve first?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

BizarroAzrael posted:

If I have Archangel Avacyn and Nantuko Husk out, and feed something else to Husk, how do the effects go on the stack? Can I choose or does Avacyn respond to Husks effect and resolve first?

You are forced by the IPG to read Avacyn again.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

BizarroAzrael posted:

E; Avacyn transforms on EOT.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Cernunnos posted:

E; Avacyn transforms on EOT.

"next upkeep"

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
To be fair, don't have a copy yet.

To go back to the legendary werewolf chat, a few months of Archangel Avacyn flashing in in response to Avacyn the Purifier flipping will probably dispense with any notion that the 2-face legend thing is any kind of issue for the devs.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Just noticed Jace has taken quit a hit online in a pretty short time, relatively speaking, from above 90 tix to mid-60s now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Angry Grimace posted:

Aggro does not feel like its in a very good spot in this format.

Agreed. The Aggro decks I've seen online are terrible.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Just noticed Jace has taken quit a hit online in a pretty short time, relatively speaking, from above 90 tix to mid-60s now.
He's probably gonna be in way fewer decks come rotation.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

He's probably gonna be in way fewer decks come rotation.

So what you're saying is BUY YOUR JACES NOW!!! (In two weeks)

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Lets pay to subsidize Hasboro's marketing budget. Seems like a great idea to me!

People already volunteer/lose money to work their events, so why not!?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I think bringing effro in is just the cherry on that poo poo sundae.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

wait what in the gently caress

• Locked thread