Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Dont want to sound like "that guy", but you should really consider emailing or tweeting them your ideas directly. Most of you seem to have the same idea on how to fix poo poo, or at least how to identify the problems (something DE is hit and miss on), and im sure they could use a gentle smack on the wrists to guide them down the right path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I want an Orokin puzzle where it's just a mob sitting underneath a bell and if you can launch it high enough with the Sonicor to ring the bell you get a prize.

Mod a Sonicor for Blast Damage and +status, it's not ideal damage output but everything you shoot is going to launch.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 27, 2016

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Mephiston posted:

Dont want to sound like "that guy", but you should really consider emailing or tweeting them your ideas directly. Most of you seem to have the same idea on how to fix poo poo, or at least how to identify the problems (something DE is hit and miss on), and im sure they could use a gentle smack on the wrists to guide them down the right path.

You're forgetting that this is stuff that's been talked about for years. There is a vocal contingent of players on the official forums who pitch a fit at any change.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

sitchelin posted:

I want an Orokin puzzle where it's just a mob sitting underneath a bell and if you can launch it high enough with the Sonicor to ring the bell you get a prize.

Mod a Sonicor for Blast Damage and +status, it's not ideal damage output but everything you shoot is going to launch.

Sonicor is so much fun. And it's actually useful for high-level content where you don't need to actually kill the mobs, since you can just blast them all to the other side of the map where they don't bother you.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

sitchelin posted:

Stay away from Sonicor in the Void, the other day on Capture a goon landed the final hit with the Sonicor, slamming him into a corner so hard his leg clipped through the ground. He was just wiggling there and impossible to extract, and after a minute he straight up disappeared and we failed the mission.

In other words: Always use the Sonicor.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

horriblePencilist posted:

Stay away from Sonicor in the Void, the other day on Capture a goon landed the final hit with the Sonicor, slamming him into a corner so hard his leg clipped through the ground. He was just wiggling there and impossible to extract, and after a minute he straight up disappeared and we failed the mission.

In other words: Always use the Sonicor.

That was me.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
That wonderful feeling when you get two copies of Vulpine Mask and Gaia's Tragedy in a couple of runs. Anyone know what those two stances are going for in trade these days?

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

https://warframe.market has people listing the Vulpine Mask for 4p at its lowest, average price seems to be 10p, Gaia's tragedy is 3p at its lowest and 5p seems to be the average.

W.M owns and I don't know why it's not in the op because it's such a great site.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Why did they even resort to putting drops in derelict anything?

The drops there seem especially awful.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

But Not Tonight posted:

https://warframe.market has people listing the Vulpine Mask for 4p at its lowest, average price seems to be 10p, Gaia's tragedy is 3p at its lowest and 5p seems to be the average.

W.M owns and I don't know why it's not in the op because it's such a great site.

Vengeful Revenant is so ridiculously goddamn expensive :negative: I want one so bad, but I refuse to pay 500 plat for one. Even I'm not that careless with my plat.

Janana
May 17, 2009

Diamondbacks Baseball: Injuries and Futility R Us

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Vengeful Revenant is so ridiculously goddamn expensive :negative: I want one so bad, but I refuse to pay 500 plat for one. Even I'm not that careless with my plat.

All you have to do is farm Conculysts, though. I mean, it's not like you can only get one or two of them per run of a non-infinite mission or anything, or that the drop rate is minuscule.

:cry:

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Considering the god-awful amount of hours I'd have to spend to grind for it on that tileset, I'd rather just pay for it if I actually cared to get it. 500 plat is maybe $8 when you buy plat fairly cheap via Prime Access or with a good coupon (I finally got a 75% off coupon after nearly 3 years of playing this drat game two days ago). Life's too short to grind, it's way easier for me to grind dollars than to sit in a video game trying to play small-time arbitrage when I could do the same crap in real life for better return (even as a retail investor it's possible still for some beer money once in a while). But why is it that big of a deal when there's other things to do? Like anything else in this game, you'll eventually get it and possibly without even noticing it and be happier if you don't try to collect every drat thing as soon as it's released.

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight
Oh god why?

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
What's even happening there?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Rescue / Defense targets behave weirdly when you give them a Detron.

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight

kafziel posted:

What's even happening there?

I gave him my detron, took it back, used it, and now you got bullet curve.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

When is it appropriate to try sortie poo poo?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Giving a rescue target a weapon? What madness is this.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

SectumSempra posted:

When you feel like it. Worst-case scenario is you get stomped and gotta do more prep work. If you want something more concrete, then have L30 frames and weapons with potatoes, and a good selection of leveled elemental and staple mods.

With sorties, details like element damage start to matter, as if you are facing Grineer with enhanced armor, then you probably don't want to bring an impact weapon with metallic, or whatever. As long as you keep that stuff in mind, then you're already halfway there.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

randombattle posted:

They don't need to reload, I think. Plus of course infinite ammo.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

also they can fire the detron at the max possible rate

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

SectumSempra posted:

As soon as your Valkyr reaches 30 and you get Corrosive Projection.

But seriously, just ask in chat. Most goons have no problems carrying newcomers through, just be careful on spy missions because you absolutely cannot afford to screw up.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Is it cool to bum for cheap mods in guild chat? I swear I remember reading that it was somewhere but want to make sure before I poo poo up chat

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Yeah, totally.

As for sorties, technically you do need a level 30 frame to do them, but other than that everything depends.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yes always ask for mods before trying to farm them.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Magres posted:

Is it cool to bum for cheap mods in guild chat? I swear I remember reading that it was somewhere but want to make sure before I poo poo up chat

Yes. You will probably have multiple people offering you stuff at peak times. Its difficult to go without certain mods as a new player and veterans probably have dozens of unused copies.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Magres posted:

It really should be in the OP and all big that you should bum a set of undamaged core mods from the clan asap and not feel bad about it.

SectumSempra posted:

The wiki says you need to be MR 4 to do sorties. I'm pretty sure you can't be taxied and will either stop the party from starting the mission or silently drop when they start. Other than that you can only bring level 30 frames on sorties and some are restricted by weapon type and if you don't have a weapon of that type you won't be able to go (since you can't bring no weapons). I'd suggest making sure you have at least one bow, sniper rifle, shotgun, and assault rifle (shotguns aren't rifles but launchers are!) so you can do any that comes up. You can buy a crappy weapon for credits for any of those except sniper rifles. Then just let the goons you are sortieing with know that you are a clueless newbie before you start and they'll be sure to res you.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Hard requirements for Sorties:
Mastery Rank 4
Level 30 frame

That's it.

Beyond that, many things are a good idea to have on hand. Some will be more specific to sortie scenarios, and some will be generally useful. Examples:
Corrosive Projection for dealing with the Grineer.
A well-built weapon of each main category: Primary, Secondary, Melee. And then a well-built weapon of most Primary subcategories: Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Sniper, Bow.
A stealth frame and/or a stayalive frame.
Some practice at going fast and getting around. You don't have to be some sort of top tier mineconcjumping shazbot or whatever, but being able to get around at a decent clip will improve your quality of life*.

If you don't know a particular set of spy vaults or how they behave at high level, say something, a lot of us can pick up the slack or otherwise handle it.
If you don't know a particular tileset, say something, some people will drop waypoints and I for one am happy to backtrack and open lag doors or stand at the exits of larger or more convoluted tiles.

*until you go play a different game and find yourself constantly trying to buttslide and copter and bulletjump

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

randombattle posted:

If you're not going to stash them in a cubbyhole, it's not a bad idea to bring along certain weapons. My personal favorite weapon to give to them is the Atomos, since they get to use it with perfect accuracy, infinite ammo, the fire damage CCs, the bounce means it CCs multiple things, it burns down nullifier bubbles well, and the corrosive I have specced on it just makes everything die faster.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
giving them hikou prime with concealed explosives build makes a lot of things easier.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Thanks guys, I'm MR7 and have some decent frames but i still need a more solid stealth frame. ( I also hate spy missions) I'm building up loki prime slowly. I also have access to all the planets and I haven't really noticed a day where I haven't had access to the first part of a sortie mission.

Sniper rifle is the one weapon type I don't have yet I guess. I also am probably going to drag my stalker bow (dread I think?) through draco and see if I feel like tossing formas on.

I have corrosive and energy siphon but pretty much exclusively use C.P.
Stay-alive frame wise, Rhino prime has always done me well.

I usually stick to one corrosive weapon, viral on others, But I'm getting better builds and stuff due to the things I've picked up recently. Just gotta level em up some.

I've hit a roadblock for a syndicate though because I haven't gotten a bo prime handle yet. I also realized there is very little of use to me in that syndicate though at the moment that cephalon doesn't have.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
As a lover of melee, 200% power strength Chroma with Bloodrush/Body Count Tempo Royale War is the best thing to ever happen to me.

HUGE

NUMBERS.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Yes. You will probably have multiple people offering you stuff at peak times. Its difficult to go without certain mods as a new player and veterans probably have dozens of unused copies.

Once I asked for a Flow and someone gave me all the good power mods. Clan chat is easily the best way to farm mods.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Denzine posted:

giving them hikou prime with concealed explosives build makes a lot of things easier.

They don't hurt themselves with their own explosions?

Now I want to give one a Kulstar and see what happens.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
I think I have a platinum discount up, but when I open the store page it tries to charge me the full price. What's this icon mean? It's not on the wiki, but it sure looks like the Market Discount icon with something on it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Maxwell Adams posted:

They don't hurt themselves with their own explosions?

Now I want to give one a Kulstar and see what happens.

Is the Angstrum still an OP death machine?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

kafziel posted:

I think I have a platinum discount up, but when I open the store page it tries to charge me the full price. What's this icon mean? It's not on the wiki, but it sure looks like the Market Discount icon with something on it.

Plat discounts are for buying plat, not buying items with plat.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Denzine posted:

Plat discounts are for buying plat, not buying items with plat.

Yes, that's what I mean. When I hit Buy Platinum in the Market, it opens up the store page, and clicking through to the actual "pay dollars" step it wants to charge me the full amount of dollars for the plat. So what does that icon mean?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

kafziel posted:

Yes, that's what I mean. When I hit Buy Platinum in the Market, it opens up the store page, and clicking through to the actual "pay dollars" step it wants to charge me the full amount of dollars for the plat. So what does that icon mean?

I think that's the icon for the stuff that's discounted on Easter weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah that's the icon for Darvo Deals or whatever it's called. Basically there's an item(s) discounted on the plat sore.