Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Giant Boy Detective posted:

Yeah, shiny values are still checkable on both ORAS and X/Y.

I like Kaisonic's fork of KeySav2 for all my egg checking needs, but you may need a different method if you have a physical cartridge or no SD card reader.

Once you figure out your egg's SV, SVeX.db is a quick way to search for matches. It searches /r/SVEchange by default, and has an option to also search the Japanese twitter SV share sheet and the Gamefaqs one in addition.

I use SVExchange and have only had good experiences with them. The type of egg next to a hatcher's name indicates how many shines they've hatched for other people, anywhere from 1 shiny to 100+ shinies. You do have to offer to hatch for your own TSV in exchange, but for just one TSV, you get asked to hatch pretty rarely. I haven't tried the Japanese and Gamefaqs sheets.

Thanks, I have an old account on there with a bunch of shinies hatched, but I didn't know it was still up and running. I guess I'll have to start over since I haven't been on there for like a year plus.

Also whoever said they need a way to Auto through the level up screens is absolutely correct. I just took out all 3 Blisseys at once and basically mashed a for 25 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Anyone got an extra Kangeskahn with Body Slam?

That's stock with a trade value higher than gold, I'd be king of the loving mountain with that in my team

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Parrotine posted:

Anyone got an extra Kangeskahn with Body Slam?

That's stock with a trade value higher than gold, I'd be king of the loving mountain with that in my team

Return and Double Edge are usually considered better options actually

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Let's not forget Seismic toss now that Gen 1 stuff will transfer. Think they'll nerf mega kanga?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

PSWII60 posted:

Let's not forget Seismic toss now that Gen 1 stuff will transfer. Think they'll nerf mega kanga?

Wait, you can import stuff from RBY to Gen 6 games? I knew that you could store Pokémon from the VC games on Pokébank, but I didn't know they could transfer.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
http://gematsu.com/2016/03/first-pokemon-sun-moon-gameplay-footage-april-3

Hell yeah

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Star Man posted:

Wait, you can import stuff from RBY to Gen 6 games? I knew that you could store Pokémon from the VC games on Pokébank, but I didn't know they could transfer.

You can't.

You will somehow be able to transfer them one way to Gen 7 games through Pokebank but those are literally the only details we know right now.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

PSWII60 posted:

1. This is already possible via Gen 3 breeding/tutor
2. Masuda said they were going to nerf Mega Kanga before ORAS released

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

well that sucks i'm gonna be drunk all day that day

oh well not like i can't watch it later

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Good luck getting a good Kangaskhan from Gen I. Depending on how they handle IVs and nature it could be pretty much impossible to get one with competetive stats.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
So I just got my first bred shiny, so I can actually use it in combat, as it has 5 perfect IVs, the right nature, ability, and the one IV that isn't perfect is a dump stat.

Too bad it's Togekiss and its almost indistinguishable from the original. Oh well, at least it will sparkle :unsmith:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

less laughter posted:

Return and Double Edge are usually considered better options actually

I have return, but return doesn't give 60% paralysis. Pair that with a doubled-up Power up Punch and the damage difference isn't a factor with that kind of status security

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

I asked this before but since the conversation has turned to competitive again, maybe this is a good time to ask a second time.

How do you take a 6v6 smogon team and break it down to 3v3 battle spot singles? What do people usually consider as mandatory roles in 3v3? Like for example, is there no point in a stallbreaker because no one does 3v3 stall?

The answer is to not play singles 3v3 because it's terrible

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Parrotine posted:

I have return, but return doesn't give 60% paralysis. Pair that with a doubled-up Power up Punch and the damage difference isn't a factor with that kind of status security

With return or double-edge their status is dead

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Parrotine posted:

2 chances at 30% is not 60%, much like how two chances at 50% is not 100%.

And who cares about status effects when Return/Double-Edge can just KO things outright.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

2 chances at 30% is not 60%, much like how two chances at 50% is not 100%.

And who cares about status effects when Return/Double-Edge can just KO things outright.

Iirc its a 51% chance of paralysis and has no recoil to deal with. Great for dealing with bulky poo poo that you won't be able to one shot anyway.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Emalde posted:

1. This is already possible via Gen 3 breeding/tutor
2. Masuda said they were going to nerf Mega Kanga before ORAS released

I somehow forgot you could get them in Gen 3, despite them becoming a problem in early gen6 days.
I did remember him saying he wanted to nerf Mega Kanga, whether or not that will actually happen though is a different matter. I'm not expecting it since Gamefreak does not have the best reputation with nerfing stuff between gens.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Great Beer posted:

Iirc its a 51% chance of paralysis and has no recoil to deal with. Great for dealing with bulky poo poo that you won't be able to one shot anyway.

Eh, it's a niche case because it doesn't stop a huge threat to Mega Kanga (Gengar), since it completely loving ignores it, and the last thing you wanna do is paralyze a Conkeldurr (since he'll be giving up the timer for an occasional bad turn that might never come)

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The literal only wall that stops kanghaskhan is cofagrigus

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Ruggington posted:

The literal only wall that stops kanghaskhan is cofagrigus

It gets 3HKOed by Crunch and it doesn't have recovery outside of Pain Split. The real only thing that can wall it is Mega Sableye.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

It gets 3HKOed by Crunch and it doesn't have recovery outside of Pain Split. The real only thing that can wall it is Mega Sableye.

Mummy

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How good is this team?

http://pastebin.com/LnDTKS3D

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

you don't need a spinner

mega-swampert needs rain

you get popped by bisharp, hoopa, and weavile

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

also come on man don't use chansey

bruh

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

First hit still has Parental Bond.

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 156-186 (48.7 - 58.1%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 104-124 (32.5 - 38.7%) -- 4.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Add in Stealth Rock and it has a chance to 2HKO. Jolly won't 2HKO but will definitely 3HKO after Stealth Rock. Basically the Cofagrigus player can't gently caress up because if they switch into a Crunch they can't do so again.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
I'm trying to get a 5IV Modest Lunatone in a Luxury Ball, what's the best method of doing so?

I've been using a Synchronize pokemon and been catching Lunatones with 3 stars in Meteor Falls, but although my "Search Level" went up from double digits to +700 I've only found like 20 4IV ones. There's gotta be a better way, right?

Ice_Mallet fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Mar 28, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I thought Chansey is better than Blissey

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
E: wrong thread!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Ice_Mallet posted:

I'm trying to get a 5IV Modest Lunatone in a Luxury Ball, what's the best method of doing so?

I've been using a Synchronize pokemon and been catching Lunatones with 3 stars in Meteor Falls, but although my "Search Level" went up from double digits to +700 I've only found like 20 4IV ones. There's gotta be a better way, right?

Gen 5 RNG abuse is the only thing that won't have you pulling your hair out. As much.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Ice_Mallet posted:

You could breed it, females pass down the ball that they're in.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

PSWII60 posted:

You could breed it, females pass down the ball that they're in.

Lunatone's a genderless rock.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Rudoku posted:

Gen 5 RNG abuse is the only thing that won't have you pulling your hair out. As much.

Oh. I don't have access to Gen 5. :(

At least there's a spot with no random encounters in Meteor Falls, and the Stardusts/Moon Stones from the Lunatones let me keep buying more Luxury Balls. So I can continue catching Lunatones uninterrupted. Forever.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Rudoku posted:

Lunatone's a genderless rock.

I had a feeling this was the case since no one mentioned it breeding. I probably should have bothered to check.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm pretty sure the only reason Mega Sableye exists is as a futile attempt to create a counter for Mega Kangaskhan.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

mabels big day posted:

I'm pretty sure the only reason Mega Sableye exists is as a futile attempt to create a counter for Mega Kangaskhan.

Same with Mega Lopunny and Aegislash

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

First hit still has Parental Bond.

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 156-186 (48.7 - 58.1%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 104-124 (32.5 - 38.7%) -- 4.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Add in Stealth Rock and it has a chance to 2HKO. Jolly won't 2HKO but will definitely 3HKO after Stealth Rock. Basically the Cofagrigus player can't gently caress up because if they switch into a Crunch they can't do so again.

Not getting 2hko'd and getting will-o-wisp off is doing better than 99% of pokemon

And its forced to switch to get back parental bond even if you miss the burn

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I thought Chansey is better than Blissey

It is! gently caress Blissey too!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Ruggington posted:

:yeah:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Ruggington posted:

How does that work again its been a while since I seen a Chansey and Blissey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Jarogue posted:

How does that work again its been a while since I seen a Chansey and Blissey

Eviolite. It doubles defenses for Pokemon who aren't fully evolved. Since Chansey and Blissey only have value as walls, that boost puts it above its evolution in the stats that count.

• Locked thread