Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
For sure, especially at lower levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

retpocileh posted:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222964

Basically it lets you regen at the rate of an additional 1-2 fungi tunics while in combat.
Here's a simpler one:
code:
/pause 3, /tar Yourcharactername
/pause 1, /doability 1
/stand
You can adjust the first pause to match your lag, I need 3.

I think the final two lines that resume attack are too slow and cumbersome, so I just do a super quick tab and hit attack again.

Oh, and typical to see the P99 forum full of whiners who claim this is exploiting.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Welp, time to scratch the itch. In as Aeto if anybody wants to say hi to a lovely enchanter.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

aparmenideanmonad posted:

For sure, especially at lower levels.

Anyone have a Clay Guardian Shield they want to sell?

I'll probably have to start browsing the EC threads because I'm not going to hang out there for days. :(

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Inimicul posted:

Anyone have a Clay Guardian Shield they want to sell?

I'll probably have to start browsing the EC threads because I'm not going to hang out there for days. :(

Use p99auctions.com instead while you play.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

lemonslol posted:

Powerlevel me to 60!.

I play a rogue, so I can only really help already functioning 45-60 groups get quicker kills. I guess I have my druid alt, but it can't PL effectively past the level 20 range. What I'm most useful for, is helping with or putting groups together for things like epic kills etc.

Any red goons who ever need help with anything, ~I pretty much only log in for scheduled empire raids unless somebody summons me with an SMS message~

I'm usually pretty available, and I actually like when people bug me to do Everquest things -- I just don't sit around in game unless I have something to do. If any goons want to have the ability to summon me, feel free to ask for my number if you catch me in game. Twitter's fine too for people w/ privacy concerns.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 27, 2016

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Some things on this server never change

That dude has been standing there AFK every day for as long I can remember. Doesn't matter the day/time, he is there.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Maybe it's a p99 auctions bot?

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

I've always wondered about this guy. I have almost 2 years of logs from EC and he's never once said anything in a public channel, but yet.. he's always there.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dirt posted:

So hey. This is Innernette/Doctorsteve/Rottenatomy, I just came back because I'm bored. I twinked up a ranger to a reasonable degree with what cash I had(apparently I got drunk and gave most of my plat away to goons). Currently level 4 in Qeynos killing beetles like a champ haha. will probably get to 9-10 tomorrow

I was definitely one of the goons you gave some plat to, many thanks for your generosity. I've been paying it forward giving out some plat to any newbies who post in the thread looking for help.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

faulteroy posted:

I've always wondered about this guy. I have almost 2 years of logs from EC and he's never once said anything in a public channel, but yet.. he's always there.

maybe he died at his computer in his parents basement.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The guy's probably just logging chat for data on prices for stuff sold for one reason or another, maybe to make sure he never misses a deal on a good item or for data tracking for a website.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Dirt posted:

That dude has been standing there AFK every day for as long I can remember. Doesn't matter the day/time, he is there.

Strangely enough, someone was just asking for buffs and Barhoom dropped a full supply for shaman buffs on him. He remained AFK and said nothing. Guess he's a buffbot?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Yeah my guess would be an auction tracker bot, maybe they added the buffing for fun or to make it seem less like a total bot? :shrug:

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
I'm on Red as Xigal if anyone wants to group around 10-15, usually around EC

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Incidentally eqpvp.com server has a SLAMDUNKATRON now, message Haygurl or Farte or Mansplaining for a friendship

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Dirt posted:

the Duckman has many faces

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
If Barhoom is on 24 7 isn't the account owner almost certainly dual boxing?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

hayden. posted:

Nah it might just be the person who gets the data for the auctions site.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

hayden. posted:

Definitely wouldn't be the only person who dual boxes an EC mule. Plenty of people do it, but nobody talks about it for obvious reasons.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

hayden. posted:

Could be someone boxing a blue trader while playing red too, which is allowed on p99, although significantly less common now that they don't let people xfer plat between servers. Auction tracker's the most likely though.

Boxing's a lot more common than you'd think on p99. Easily 1/3rd of red players are blatantly obvious with it, and open about it if you ask. That's not even counting the people who make any attempt at hiding it.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 30, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I've run into way too many "couples" playing P99, yeah. Preeeeetty sure a few of those were boxing, if not all of them.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Maybe I was just never any good at the game but how would boxing even work? You just turn on auto attack with your tank character and heal him with your cleric?

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

A Strange Aeon posted:

Maybe I was just never any good at the game but how would boxing even work? You just turn on auto attack with your tank character and heal him with your cleric?

For the most part, yes. One character tanks and does damage while another slows and/or heals. The amount of content a decent monk/shaman combo can duo vs. what a solo monk or shaman can do is massive. It's a huge advantage.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My girlfriend and I recently got ported to unrest to run laps around the fountain and prove we were both there, they definitely test now and then.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

My girlfriend and I recently got ported to unrest to run laps around the fountain and prove we were both there, they definitely test now and then.

Cool. What's his name?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

A Strange Aeon posted:

People who seriously box have software so they can control both computers from a single one, or have two instances running on the same machine. Then you have keybinds for one character and different keybinds for another character.

Some people just switch back and forth, but other people drive both at the same time.

Then you have this guy: http://igolg.blogspot.com/2008/10/player-has-36-accounts-raids-by-himself.html

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

A Strange Aeon posted:

I thought so too until I joined a friend on PEQ. That server had a very low population so they permitted boxing multiple accounts. Seeing hordes of characters running around the plane of knowledge was not uncommon. There were some excellent guides on how to set up your own raid force. When I quit I was up to 16 characters. Each one had macros that would auto heal, buff, attack, etc. The only limiting factor was how much RAM your computer has. Until I tried that server I had no idea how much you could automate.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I never thought boxing was a bad thing until I played on that Everquest Live Progression server awhile back. Literally everywhere I went was dominated by mage box squads. Mage pets were super overpowered, so every box squad was a ton of mages and maybe a druid for ports/heals.

I didn't last long there.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

moolchaba posted:

Cool. What's his name?

Rudolph.

Also, she doesn't play willingly, I have to bargain.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Dirt posted:

I never thought boxing was a bad thing until I played on that Everquest Live Progression server awhile back. Literally everywhere I went was dominated by mage box squads. Mage pets were super overpowered, so every box squad was a ton of mages and maybe a druid for ports/heals.

I didn't last long there.

Magesquad (after luclin mage/blord squads) were legit kind of shockingly effective in EQ up to at least PoP. Your beastlord provided buffs and mob slows, mages provided summoned gear for the blord pets which made them way more effective.

Even so, it doesn't match up to the hilarity that was Luclin era Wizard manaburn squads. 6 wizards all casting it simultaneously could kill pretty much any Kunark world spawn dragon on command. Back in the day on my old server there was a group of wizards that controlled all Kunark dragon drops by virtue of how quickly they could assemble and blow poo poo up.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 31, 2016

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
we did it :]

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Rofl was waiting on that. Done farming monk robes and gnome masks?

oh and SoD's since you live in the ghetto and can't recharge mallets

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
I started as a halfling druid on project 1999 in 2010. I played in groups till 14, waiting for sow; then soloed pretty much to 60. A group of players noticed me around a lot when they were and I sold them lots of ports so they asked me to join their, as they called it, family guild. I noticed a few odd things like they had a wizard porter account that would log on just to port us to sky. I thought they were going to use me for free ports but it just turned out they didn’t have a druid and didn’t want druid drops going to waste. We would port up to sky when we heard the fairies were up, we would just take them from whomever was up there, we didn’t care we just wanted out island one drops. We did fear a few times and I probably killed 25 gorgons or more and never got one druid item to drop. Then the server staff really laid the hammer down and banned/deleveled people from 60 to 54. My guild leader was deleveled along with over half the guild.

I was about 57 when I apped to The Mystical Order. I was able to level up with them working on VP key parts. I grinded out 59 in perma bear pits with a 4 pack of red bull, only need 2. TMO had lots of druids which let us mobilize pretty quickly.

I found a nice role as a mini group leader. My favorite raid group was 5 wizards plus me as a druid. It was nice, the wizards and mages would ask me for invites and sometimes when we got 40+ turn outs, I would end up forming several groups. I would invite a chanter that was doing a /tell for GRM, the chanter would like WTF there are no people here, and then boom I would have several others join, pass off leader ship and form up another group. Some wizards held out on group invites when they knew I was at a raid.

Being able to notice that we only have say like one bard and getting that bard with the MT warrior was key to quick engages too. The batphone would go out, I would log on and start making groups. A raid leader or officer would check numbers while they were logging in, like asking how many we have at Trak ledge. The officer would be told something like we got 20. The officer would say, well form up groups and get buffs. And it was real nice when that was already happening before someone with authority showed up.

I really enjoyed raiding Kunark as TMO, it was fun playing the underdog to IB and then server bad guy to everyone else. We ran the poopsockers out of Trak’s lair, we got to enjoy it all of 2011. We had something like 18 months of uncontested VP kills. So bragging that my 60 druid has the server 7th or 8th Crown of Rile is kinda neat but was not easy to get. One had to have something like a 60% raid attendance, lots of tracking hours, and have hundreds of DKP earned up. By the time I hit the 1000 DKP club there were like 20 full time TMO members with that number or greater with something like a roster of 60+ active players.

But raiding Kunark also burned me out to raiding and now I just lurk around on my chanter alt some. I am like 32 hanging out in FM giant fort, a cool iskar warrior talked a pick up group of 6 to do a Nurga to Droga crawl and it was a blast.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

No Luck Needed posted:

I started as a halfling druid on project 1999 in 2010. I played in groups till 14, waiting for sow; then soloed pretty much to 60. A group of players noticed me around a lot when they were and I sold them lots of ports so they asked me to join their, as they called it, family guild. I noticed a few odd things like they had a wizard porter account that would log on just to port us to sky. I thought they were going to use me for free ports but it just turned out they didn’t have a druid and didn’t want druid drops going to waste. We would port up to sky when we heard the fairies were up, we would just take them from whomever was up there, we didn’t care we just wanted out island one drops. We did fear a few times and I probably killed 25 gorgons or more and never got one druid item to drop. Then the server staff really laid the hammer down and banned/deleveled people from 60 to 54. My guild leader was deleveled along with over half the guild.

I was about 57 when I apped to The Mystical Order. I was able to level up with them working on VP key parts. I grinded out 59 in perma bear pits with a 4 pack of red bull, only need 2. TMO had lots of druids which let us mobilize pretty quickly.

I found a nice role as a mini group leader. My favorite raid group was 5 wizards plus me as a druid. It was nice, the wizards and mages would ask me for invites and sometimes when we got 40+ turn outs, I would end up forming several groups. I would invite a chanter that was doing a /tell for GRM, the chanter would like WTF there are no people here, and then boom I would have several others join, pass off leader ship and form up another group. Some wizards held out on group invites when they knew I was at a raid.

Being able to notice that we only have say like one bard and getting that bard with the MT warrior was key to quick engages too. The batphone would go out, I would log on and start making groups. A raid leader or officer would check numbers while they were logging in, like asking how many we have at Trak ledge. The officer would be told something like we got 20. The officer would say, well form up groups and get buffs. And it was real nice when that was already happening before someone with authority showed up.

I really enjoyed raiding Kunark as TMO, it was fun playing the underdog to IB and then server bad guy to everyone else. We ran the poopsockers out of Trak’s lair, we got to enjoy it all of 2011. We had something like 18 months of uncontested VP kills. So bragging that my 60 druid has the server 7th or 8th Crown of Rile is kinda neat but was not easy to get. One had to have something like a 60% raid attendance, lots of tracking hours, and have hundreds of DKP earned up. By the time I hit the 1000 DKP club there were like 20 full time TMO members with that number or greater with something like a roster of 60+ active players.

But raiding Kunark also burned me out to raiding and now I just lurk around on my chanter alt some. I am like 32 hanging out in FM giant fort, a cool iskar warrior talked a pick up group of 6 to do a Nurga to Droga crawl and it was a blast.

i am not reading all this go to hell sir

what's next for red server? it's been over for awhile but now it's really over

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

A Strange Aeon posted:

Good boxing is about having classes that synergize (for example; one tank, one healer), don't overlap (druid & shaman, wizard & mage, bard & enchanter overlap), and allow you to go further than with just one char. I did it way back in 2002, adding a Shaman box to help my Rogue solo. Shaman buffs, debuffs and heals, Rogue fights. I went from being able to do virtually nothing solo to be able to do a lot.

These days I box 4 characters in Live EQ, using a piece of software called ISBoxer to distribute keypresses. It's so much fun. :) It also doesn't have to be expensive, since you can box free account characters just fine. I find it crazy that the first batch of recent TLP servers were so filled with 6-boxers; that's at least $50 per month when using black market-bought Kronos, or close to $100 if subscribing officially.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
So who has that <SLAMDUNKATRON> tag on red? I want an invite :)

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

GM's never gave it back to me. I'm playing on eqpvp.com server atm so best of luck snagging it :P

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Apparently I had an officer tagged 31 Enchanter (Boombots). He's in LFay, hit me up tonight for an invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Did you leave Empire or something?