Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Vib Rib posted:

So what's the deal with FTB Infinity Expert Mode anyway? I assume it doesn't have HQM so is it just raw progression towards better things, or how's it structured?
It's pretty grindy and forces you to use some odd stuff. You can even craft creative things eventually with recipes like this:

But, it's a really drawn out play experience. Nearly everything is gated behind this or that tech. Lots of things are nerfed.

The first time I tried to play expert mode I just said gently caress it I'm out. But after thinking about what I wanted in modded minecraft recently I went back to it and it's fairly enjoyable as long as you want a sort of forced progression and to not be able to do what you want when you want or to just use your familiar/favorite mods. I'd consider it less brutal than iguana tweaks or the dumb hunger mods that force you to eat 20 different foods. It doesn't have either of those. But it does require lots of gregtech type stuff (it doesn't have gregtech).

Given how ridiculous the tech tree and resource gating is, it's kind of surprising that certain things are so easily done on expert mode. The only real "this is awful" moment is making the blast furnace. You either need to lead a horse or two with leads all the way to your smeltery, get extremely lucky on gunpowder, or somehow have a bunch of ender pearls. With the horse thing it helps if you've found a saddle and also if you have wheat so you can heal them while they are in the smeltery.

There is a guide on reddit that's a word document with various "ages" and goals. That should help people get into it if grindy/borderline tedious sounds like fun. But at least the pack has goals and lots of gated progression. You don't get access to AE2 until you no longer even need it, for example. You don't get access to TE/EnderIO machines until a long time in. It's not very intuitive at all how some of the progression works so I'd definitely check out the "goals" section of that guide if you play.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So other than the guide there's not really anything definitive, huh? No in-game methods? Still, sounds worth looking into.
The restricting progression is what I like about the New Horizons pack, playing with new machines I've never touched and trying to figure out how to make certain things work the way I want them to. Trying to find clever solutions (Thaumcraft seems to be the key, as far as NH is concerned). I may give it a shot, because apparently that's where I am now.

I have to ask though, at what point is AE2 "no longer needed"?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Vib Rib posted:

I have to ask though, at what point is AE2 "no longer needed"?
I mean it's still needed just it is really drat expensive and deep in the tech tree. By the time you get there you likely have auto sorted inventories and some form of autocrafting already established.

I should add that after the first few tiers of stuff it becomes fairly normal modded minecraft just with more crafting requirements. The guide from reddit is only really useful for knowing how to progress. It suggests inefficient or downright silly things like making solar panels instead of doing a tree farm -> steam of some kind later on.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 26, 2016

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I think I might be starting to cool off on New Horizons, as almost all of the thaumcraft addons are completely untouched. You can do all kinds of crazy poo poo that you probably shouldn't be able to considering the progression in the rest of the pack. I might put it down until it gets some major updates.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

McFrugal posted:

I think I might be starting to cool off on New Horizons, as almost all of the thaumcraft addons are completely untouched. You can do all kinds of crazy poo poo that you probably shouldn't be able to considering the progression in the rest of the pack. I might put it down until it gets some major updates.

So you're saying once you get thaumcraft it becomes too easy? :)

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
It's not so much the base Thaumcraft, that seems to be gated as expected from the pack standards. It's the numerous addons to Thaumcraft that are the "problem" because some of them are stupidly balanced in your favour once you crack into them. And this seems to have a large number of those types for some stupid reason, even if he plans to add them to the experience.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 26, 2016

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Other than skipping a wand tier I don't think any of it is particularly sequence breaking or unintended. Things like the Thaumic Bases plants and the alchemical transmutations are addressed intentionally.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I finally popped in Not Enough Wands. Of course, all the cool stuff needs nether stars. Is this something to reasonably thrust upon new players? Are these wands useful after the point that you'd have the resources to make them? I mean, it's not just one star, but two stars to make most of the IIRC.

Anybody have tips on making a Wither farm? I wanted to make a comedy quest for that in BFSR to cap off the Nether crap. I never personally did it myself. I don't have withers as infernal in the config so they can't escape and torment the world. I know that much.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Vib Rib posted:

Other than skipping a wand tier I don't think any of it is particularly sequence breaking or unintended. Things like the Thaumic Bases plants and the alchemical transmutations are addressed intentionally.

Ah. The way you guys that have broke into it made it sound like it sort of takes over the entire experience of the modpack. Which sounded strange since it was a glacially slow build up otherwise and now its "LOL PLENTIFUL POWER FROM VOID METAL AND I'M DUPING NETHER STARS" once you're in MV tier.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Sage Grimm posted:

Ah. The way you guys that have broke into it made it sound like it sort of takes over the entire experience of the modpack. Which sounded strange since it was a glacially slow build up otherwise and now its "LOL PLENTIFUL POWER FROM VOID METAL AND I'M DUPING NETHER STARS" once you're in MV tier.
No, most of the powers are gated behind certain tech. A lot of it opens up at MV (because you need the MV assembler to get the alchemical furnace and the infusion altar), but there's still a lot of prerequisites. For instance, duping nether stars is definitely something you can do, but you need nether stars in the first place, and a good amount of energy. Also, those hyper-powered magical generators that run on nether stars and shards are great, but you need high tech metals and 9 nether stars to open them up. Some things, like metal transmutation, can be useful, but you need a sample of the metal to duplicate it in the first place, and even then you're only getting 2 nuggets at a time. Sure, duping lead or antimony seems worthwhile, but in the time it takes to smelt down and separate the essentia you need for it (not to mention procure the metallum) you could probably just run out to a vein and harvest a whole stack of the raw ore. In a world where ore is less plentiful the appeal might be bigger but in NH, once you find a vein of something, you're basically set for a while on it.
Iron nuggets to steel nuggets is probably one of the best boons I've actually accessed so far, because it's instant and takes only 9 ordo per full ingot and they can be reassembled in an alloy furnace or liquid solidifier.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I finally popped in Not Enough Wands. Of course, all the cool stuff needs nether stars. Is this something to reasonably thrust upon new players? Are these wands useful after the point that you'd have the resources to make them? I mean, it's not just one star, but two stars to make most of the IIRC.

Anybody have tips on making a Wither farm? I wanted to make a comedy quest for that in BFSR to cap off the Nether crap. I never personally did it myself. I don't have withers as infernal in the config so they can't escape and torment the world. I know that much.

Just change the recipes. None of them are so amazing that they need nether stars.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Taffer posted:

Just change the recipes. None of them are so amazing that they need nether stars.

I am trying to stick to the regular recipes for everything while making resources more abundant. That way, people generally understand the normal progression.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

I'd say the infused (especially Ordo, which is straight up better than all the other types for some reason) Compressed Solars are pretty crazy for how cheap they are. The Electric boots and goggles are very cheap for what they are. Let's not forget the Thaumic Restorer. You have very inexpensive access to infinite water and lava with the urns. Looks like Thaumic Machina could let you skip wand tiers by directly boosting the capacity of your wand.... I haven't gone into shadow magic but I expect the equipment there to be rather powerful.

I don't understand why you think the Thaumic Bases plants are altered at all. The transmutations are part of vanilla thaumcraft, not an addon(well okay technically it's Gregtech acting like an addon but it's using a vanilla tab), and would have been looked at when they were nerfing vanilla thaumcraft, that's true.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Mar 27, 2016

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

McFrugal posted:

I don't understand why you think the Thaumic Bases plants are altered at all. The transmutations are part of vanilla thaumcraft, not an addon(well okay technically it's Gregtech acting like an addon but it's using a vanilla tab), and would have been looked at when they were nerfing vanilla thaumcraft, that's true.
They're not altered, they're accepted in their given state, because the HQM book specifically mentions them and has quests for making them, so obviously the person who compiled the pack is aware of how they're balanced already.

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

GT:NH question: You need all 6 types of shard to craft the Thaumometer and start researching. Do I really have to go digging for hours in the Twilight Forest looking for all 6 different types of rare ore vein, or is there some alternative method of getting shards that I missed?

(Yes I loaded up XRay but I'm trying to do it without, damnit :arghfist:)

e: gently caress it, never mind. xray it is

Nomikos fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 27, 2016

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Nomikos posted:

GT:NH question: You need all 6 types of shard to craft the Thaumometer and start researching. Do I really have to go digging for hours in the Twilight Forest looking for all 6 different types of rare ore vein, or is there some alternative method of getting shards that I missed?

(Yes I loaded up XRay but I'm trying to do it without, damnit :arghfist:)

e: gently caress it, never mind. xray it is

There are only three types of infused ore veins. They're dual-type: one is earth below air(or was it the other way around?), one is fire below water, and the last is order below entropy. Ravines are the place to go in Twilight Forest to find ore. You can also often find ore at the start of caves... or you can fully explore the caves too if you're feeling up to it. Twilight Forest caves are hard to traverse sometimes though-- the generation isn't quite the same and tends to create pitfalls all over the place.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It's funny, for all the more obvious and remarkable difficulties of New Horizons, including poo poo that everyone's well aware of like all the sub-recipes and increased costs and reduced yields, I think far and away the worst part is the ore generation. IE handles it well because mixed-ore veins are per-chunk and don't actually physically exist as blocks in the world, and can be both scouted and excavated by machine fairly simply. In New Horizons, you could dig for hours and find nothing, but the second you find the vein you need you're good for ages. The veins are so spread out over such a distance that there's no way you can reliably strip mine or tunnel to them, you basically just have to wander blindly for hours and hope that the next deposit you run across is one you need, and not just another magnetite vein.

The thing is I'm not sure how to fix it. You absolutely need the ridiculous sizes of ore that these veins supply in order to progress through the tech tree, but finding them is just awful. You couldn't really just increase the ore density to absurd levels and spread every ore around every chunk, because then your inventory would be full of different ore types in about 20 seconds of mining. I guess if there were a way to find veins, like a divining rod or AE's magical meteor compass, that would be okay.

Also the second dumbest thing is that mobs can explode when they die. Apparently this applies to animals too because I lost a half dozen cows and all the babies when a cow I slaughtered blew up. This happens for no reason, at random, with no warning or way of preventing it. Again, still worse than having to process an ingot three times before using it to make a door.

At least the solutions are fairly simple. Removing AngerMod was an easy choice.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Vib Rib posted:

The thing is I'm not sure how to fix it. You absolutely need the ridiculous sizes of ore that these veins supply in order to progress through the tech tree, but finding them is just awful. You couldn't really just increase the ore density to absurd levels and spread every ore around every chunk, because then your inventory would be full of different ore types in about 20 seconds of mining. I guess if there were a way to find veins, like a divining rod or AE's magical meteor compass, that would be okay.
Veins could have a chance to spawn gravel ore on the surface in one or more of the ore types that the vein contains. Then at least you wouldn't have to wander around caves or branch mine forever.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Vib Rib posted:

It's funny, for all the more obvious and remarkable difficulties of New Horizons, including poo poo that everyone's well aware of like all the sub-recipes and increased costs and reduced yields, I think far and away the worst part is the ore generation. IE handles it well because mixed-ore veins are per-chunk and don't actually physically exist as blocks in the world, and can be both scouted and excavated by machine fairly simply. In New Horizons, you could dig for hours and find nothing, but the second you find the vein you need you're good for ages. The veins are so spread out over such a distance that there's no way you can reliably strip mine or tunnel to them, you basically just have to wander blindly for hours and hope that the next deposit you run across is one you need, and not just another magnetite vein.

Also the second dumbest thing is that mobs can explode when they die. Apparently this applies to animals too because I lost a half dozen cows and all the babies when a cow I slaughtered blew up. This happens for no reason, at random, with no warning or way of preventing it. Again, still worse than having to process an ingot three times before using it to make a door.

If you right click a GT hammer on stone it will 'prospect' and tell you what ores are behind it. Somewhat useful for finding the veins.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

It's been brought up before and unfortunately the GT hammer prospects 25 random blocks in a 5x5x5 volume (20%). There's no upgrades to it, no increases in volume or scanning efficiency.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Sage Grimm posted:

It's been brought up before and unfortunately the GT hammer prospects 25 random blocks in a 5x5x5 volume (20%). There's no upgrades to it, no increases in volume or scanning efficiency.

Even it being that short range is bad, but on top of that it's random?!

Personally I'd reduce the size of ore deposits and make them more common to compensate. Then you're more likely to find specific ores, but you might have to find more than one of the commonly used ones.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Mekanism questions inbound.

Im trying to set up the 3 (and then 4) tiered ore processing from Mek.

My first problem in oxygen in the purification chamber.

I have set up water in the separator so im getting hydrogen and oxygen. (dumping excess hyd).

I have pressurized tube running from the oxygen to a gas tank. It is filling up with oxygen.

Question is how do i get that into my purification chamber automatically? (i have an empty gas tank inside already, but tubes dont seem to do anything, unless the tubes have to be aligned in a specific way?)

FUUUUUUUUU. Edit. yeah tubes only attach certain ways....

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Meskhenet posted:

I have set up water in the separator so im getting hydrogen and oxygen. (dumping excess hyd).

I have pressurized tube running from the oxygen to a gas tank. It is filling up with oxygen.

Question is how do i get that into my purification chamber automatically? (i have an empty gas tank inside already, but tubes dont seem to do anything, unless the tubes have to be aligned in a specific way?)

Don't the full-block Mekanism machines like the Purification Chamber have adjustable faces? Should be both in the UI and via a Configurator tool. I mean, I haven't used Mek in ages, so maybe it's different and worse now?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Purification Chamber does, but the Catalyst outputs on distinct sides, and while the gas tank inputs on any side it only outputs on the side with the red stripe on it.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Vib Rib posted:

You answered your own question. Strip mine the world with explosive cows! :black101:

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Meskhenet posted:

This will sound annoying, but you could download the BFSR beta off Technic and look at the "Baby's Third Ore Processing" book. I have a picture book showing the whats of all that.

As you figured out in your edit, the tubes only mount in certain spots. Specifically, the base machines in Mekanism have fixed sides. This is really annoying since most of the other machines you play with don't care and can be adjusted. For the separators, I know this configuration works:

Side with blue cylinder: Hydrogen
Side with red cylinder: Oxygen
Side with both cylinders: Water
Top: Power

Other configurations probably also work, except for the gas sides.

For a bonus optimization, prepare a gas-burning generator to receive the hydrogen, rather than bleed it off. It is not power-positive, but it will cut some of the cost of producing the oxygen. It will keep the separators empty, since there's now something to balance the oxygen consumption rate.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Well, if you burn the hydrogen to power the separator, it's actually energy neutral. It only costs energy at that point to produce hydrogen. Which you want to do eventually to power a jetpack.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

This will sound annoying, but you could download the BFSR beta off Technic and look at the "Baby's Third Ore Processing" book. I have a picture book showing the whats of all that.

As you figured out in your edit, the tubes only mount in certain spots. Specifically, the base machines in Mekanism have fixed sides. This is really annoying since most of the other machines you play with don't care and can be adjusted. For the separators, I know this configuration works:

Side with blue cylinder: Hydrogen
Side with red cylinder: Oxygen
Side with both cylinders: Water
Top: Power

Other configurations probably also work, except for the gas sides.

For a bonus optimization, prepare a gas-burning generator to receive the hydrogen, rather than bleed it off. It is not power-positive, but it will cut some of the cost of producing the oxygen. It will keep the separators empty, since there's now something to balance the oxygen consumption rate.

It is annoying that it only outputs in one direction. The way i had everything set up it really didnt help. So now i have pressure pipe doing some sort of snake configuration around my machines.

I do have another question though.

I upgraded my mek machines with 8 speed and 8 energy upgrades.

It pretty much sucked my reactor dry.

In the end i figured out the seperator was trying to gather 6.4mill RF, and had a 256x speed increase. Is that normal?
Like all the other machines got a 10x speed 10x energy, but this thing, christ, i practically had to disable every machine one by one until i found what was sucking my power.
Im almost afraid to put some ore in the purification chamber until my capsitators are back up.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

It is annoying that it only outputs in one direction. The way i had everything set up it really didnt help. So now i have pressure pipe doing some sort of snake configuration around my machines.

I do have another question though.

I upgraded my mek machines with 8 speed and 8 energy upgrades.

It pretty much sucked my reactor dry.

In the end i figured out the seperator was trying to gather 6.4mill RF, and had a 256x speed increase. Is that normal?
Like all the other machines got a 10x speed 10x energy, but this thing, christ, i practically had to disable every machine one by one until i found what was sucking my power.
Im almost afraid to put some ore in the purification chamber until my capsitators are back up.

Don't put in speed upgrades needlessly. They reduce efficiency! I don't know why that one had such an extreme reaction to the upgrades, but again, stop throwing away the hydrogen. Use it!

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

Well, if you burn the hydrogen to power the separator, it's actually energy neutral. It only costs energy at that point to produce hydrogen. Which you want to do eventually to power a jetpack.

In the past this was true. Since v8 electrolytic seperators use magnitudes more energy. A hydrogen burner no longer keeps it energy-neutral.

Also Mekanism jetpacks are the worst ever.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Black Pants posted:

In the past this was true. Since v8 electrolytic seperators use magnitudes more energy. A hydrogen burner no longer keeps it energy-neutral.

Also Mekanism jetpacks are the worst ever.

Oh, I guess Mekanism has gone even more to poo poo, then.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Hey so last pack I played and tried this with I couldn't make it work, but you guys are talking about BFSR and new mods. So is there a way to take the O2 from that poo poo and tesseract or ender tank it to a space station or a way to fill spacesuit tanks? I ultimately gave up on bothering with mekanism's crap on that, threw abritrary energy on it, and settled on one cracker for H2 jetpack fuel and one for O2 gas tanks while venting the other from either process but that obviously is suboptimal. The part I'm most objecting to is that while I can wire up one cracker to do both, I still have to vent the excess O2 if I use my jetpack more or vent the H2 if I'm going to space more, so it winds up being just as easy to have one of each set up to auto-vent, which is wasteful.

Ninja edit: Plus not a legit minecraft concern but probs a bad idea to vent H2 and/or O2 into my lab all the drat time.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I haven't played Minecraft nearly since it came out and the whole mod scene for the game is bewildering and intimidating.

One of the big things I always wished the game had was more rewarding exploration and character progression, more like a traditional RPG. I suppose my ideal Minecraft mod would be something that adds class or skill based RPG mechanics to the game and maybe fleshes out the bestiary a bit to support that kind of vertical progression or spice up the loot.

Are there any particular mods I should look at? The game is so goddamn big at this point I figure there must have been someone that made a good RPG mod at this point. I've poked around some of the mod sites but most of the game's mods seem to be dedicated to turning it into factorio, and the RPG ones I did find seemed a little questionable.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

chairface posted:

Hey so last pack I played and tried this with I couldn't make it work, but you guys are talking about BFSR and new mods. So is there a way to take the O2 from that poo poo and tesseract or ender tank it to a space station or a way to fill spacesuit tanks? I ultimately gave up on bothering with mekanism's crap on that, threw abritrary energy on it, and settled on one cracker for H2 jetpack fuel and one for O2 gas tanks while venting the other from either process but that obviously is suboptimal. The part I'm most objecting to is that while I can wire up one cracker to do both, I still have to vent the excess O2 if I use my jetpack more or vent the H2 if I'm going to space more, so it winds up being just as easy to have one of each set up to auto-vent, which is wasteful.

Ninja edit: Plus not a legit minecraft concern but probs a bad idea to vent H2 and/or O2 into my lab all the drat time.

I don't think Mekanism oxygen is compatible with Galacticraft oxygen.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

Why dump the hydrogen? when you get to 4/5 tiered you break brine into sodium and chlorine, then you need hydrogen to merge back together to HCL i think. so you can use it from there - saves getting another seperator.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

chairface posted:

As someone else already said - they dont mix - you need Oxygen collectors over a wheat field, and then pipe that into oxygen storage and out into oxygen compressors to put your tanks in to fill them for the space suit.
(thats in space)

on overworld you just need the compressors and collectors

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Even better are giant chambers filled with leaves if the "leaves do not decay" option is set to true. The volume of space an oxygen collector operates over is enormous.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Scoss posted:

I haven't played Minecraft nearly since it came out and the whole mod scene for the game is bewildering and intimidating.

One of the big things I always wished the game had was more rewarding exploration and character progression, more like a traditional RPG. I suppose my ideal Minecraft mod would be something that adds class or skill based RPG mechanics to the game and maybe fleshes out the bestiary a bit to support that kind of vertical progression or spice up the loot.

Are there any particular mods I should look at? The game is so goddamn big at this point I figure there must have been someone that made a good RPG mod at this point. I've poked around some of the mod sites but most of the game's mods seem to be dedicated to turning it into factorio, and the RPG ones I did find seemed a little questionable.

You'll probably want to look at the magic mods then. They don't usually use a class or skill based system (Except maybe Ars Magica? Which I haven't played), but are built around upgrading your equipment, building new structures, and exploring. I've been playing around with Thaumcraft 5, which has more of a progression than other mods I've played, so maybe look into that. Twilight Forest could also be up your alley.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

Why dump the hydrogen? when you get to 4/5 tiered you break brine into sodium and chlorine, then you need hydrogen to merge back together to HCL i think. so you can use it from there - saves getting another seperator.

I will once i get to the next tier. And yeah holy gently caress, 8 speed upgrades burns through a few mill rf in a few ticks. I took those out and it settled down.

Scoss posted:

I would suggest Blightfall. Its got an end goal and holds your hand through the most important mods in a way that you actually feel like you're achieving something. It isnt RPG in that your character progresses, its more like your gear progresses through set levels.

Its on the Technic launcher

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/blightfall.592618

McFrugal posted:

Don't put in speed upgrades needlessly. They reduce efficiency! I don't know why that one had such an extreme reaction to the upgrades, but again, stop throwing away the hydrogen. Use it!

I have no use for it right now. Once i go to the next level i will. But i need to set up my brine first. (i got sidetracked setting up an automated magical crop farm, and something else.. cant remember what that something else was now though.)

But in general, 8 speed and 8 energy sort of balance out, meaning your getting stuff a lot faster. But the separator is a big no-no for speed upgrades. Ive kept the efficency in there and added 8 gas to the purification chamber.

Oh i also have a hydrogen generator, and yeah, its arse. But i think i like the mek machines over the ender IO stuff.

Oh i remembered what i was doing. I had to rush some thaumcraft (first time ive left it) because i need to kill 3 withers and need the infernal wand for wither protection.

How exactly would i go about automating wither farming though?

Like a 9x9x9 reinforced obsidian kill cage with some sort of spawner? or droppers? and killer joe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Goon Danton posted:

You'll probably want to look at the magic mods then. They don't usually use a class or skill based system (Except maybe Ars Magica? Which I haven't played), but are built around upgrading your equipment, building new structures, and exploring. I've been playing around with Thaumcraft 5, which has more of a progression than other mods I've played, so maybe look into that. Twilight Forest could also be up your alley.

Speaking of, Ars Magica 2 seems to have a bad reputation with people for reasons I am not privy to. Just a lot of people really glad it's not included in certain packs I've seen. Does anyone happen to know why that is?

Also, Twilight Forest is a crazy self-contained adventure mod that is about the only one-stop solution to what you want, and Blightfall is an interesting challenge pack. But uh.. way too much for someone who hasn't played modded Minecraft before, as is the case with most others of its ilk.

Also Factorio is an imitation of what Minecraft has been for years, not the other way around. :colbert: