Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Unlucky7 posted:

Does Linkle have any weapon upgrades stashed away in her Legend Mode missions? I am up to her Epilogue mission and I am starting to feel like I may have missed it.

I think it's in the last one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Unlucky7 posted:

Does Linkle have any weapon upgrades stashed away in her Legend Mode missions? I am up to her Epilogue mission and I am starting to feel like I may have missed it.

I got her tier 2 weapons in the Twilight Princess map I'm pretty sure.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i think i got the level 2 crossbows in the second to last linkle mission

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

FirstAidKite posted:

Is there any way to kill a monster that is outside of a keep's closed door, because it's kinda bullshit that I can't kill this king dodongo that is required to end the mission because it clipped through the wall :\

I haven't touched anything outside Legend mode on the 3DS yet, but the same thing happened to me on the Wii U one on the same map. Twice. Then the next time Ganon clipped through the wall and I couldn't get back in.

All in the same map. That map has terrible geometry.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Oyster posted:

I haven't touched anything outside Legend mode on the 3DS yet, but the same thing happened to me on the Wii U one on the same map. Twice. Then the next time Ganon clipped through the wall and I couldn't get back in.

All in the same map. That map has terrible geometry.

Yeah that's the wii u version I was playing that that happened on. Glad to know I'm not the only one who has run into that issue. I dunno if it's just because of Ganon being so different from the other characters or what, but yeah it was annoying, had to let someone kill me so I could restart the whole thing with my exp at least.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Unlucky7 posted:

Capture one of the keeps in Linkle's third mission. The one with Fi.

Also, now that I've checked, it seems that the "Kill 1000 enemies" mission where you must fight the Imprisoned now have no kind of reward whatsoever. Not that the Imprisoned will be much of a problem anymore.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Finished Legends mode so I've got quite a few characters unlocked now, but there are still surprisingly many rewards for characters I don't have yet relatively close to the starting square in Adventure mode. Looks like I'm gonna have to make a beeline for the character unlocks first so that I don't have to do some missions twice.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

When do we get a main line Linkle game she owns :swoon:

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Man, Legends has enough gameplay improvements to make me not want to play the Wii U version, but it's just making me feel like I wished there was a Wii U version of Legends. I miss my character and Adventure Mode progress, as well as the nicer animations and graphics.

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Electric Lady posted:

I booted up DW3 in preparation for Legends and god drat the early DW games are like night and day compared to the modern ones. Much more slower-paced, much less combo-y. Good as a history lesson but I'll stick to Hyrule, thank you.

What's the best way to find secret spots on the Adventure map? I'm afraid of wasting my cards and locking myself out of things.

I used to be an even bigger sperg and way into Dynasty Warriors (in fact back when I was 10 and reading the koeiwarriors fanpage, I basically in my head came up with a "Nintendo Dynasty Warriors" where you are Link who rises through the ranks of Hyrule's army and becomes the hero), and yeah, over time they have gotten more and more anime-y. I stopped playing around the time the PSP ones were coming out, but while I didnt hate it, I remember they kept getting more and more ridiculous with the idea of "Lu Bu is some sort of super saiyan monster who can flying jump kick 10 miles across a map and blast down a castle wall with his voice alone" type of stuff.

Its fun for a silly button masher type of game, but it also made them a bit more easy, to the point where now you just press the attack button 5 times and get 1000 kills because the game doesnt want anyone else to be competent enough to take any of your glory,

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bakalakadaka posted:

When do we get a main line Linkle game she owns :swoon:

Please get Platinum Games to make a Linkle game that is like half-Bayonetta and half-Vanquish. Thank you Nintendo.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Devoyniche posted:

"Lu Bu is some sort of super saiyan monster who can flying jump kick 10 miles across a map and blast down a castle wall with his voice alone"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBBVPSsFCUc

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

I did not expect an itano circus with lu bu, but that's what I got.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Oh man, Skull Kid is fantastic.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yeah I just picked Skull Kid for a level and wow, even without any attack badges he's cleaning house, his moves are fantastic.

Also I think from now on in low level adventure maps I'm just going to have my second playable officer go to a corner of the map and sit there if there's a giant boss, twice today I've had my kill stolen at the last second by them and missed out on materials.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I slapped around a cucco from a fairy well a bit until it turned in to a gold cucco which I then killed. A whole lot of chickens followed me around but did nothing. Is there something more I am missing? I was hoping they would all fly from the sky and decimate Link.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I love Linkle's Twilight Princess map because at one point Midna gives Zelda a little bit of her magic power (this effects nothing gameplay wise) just so Zelda and Midna have a excuse to quote the scene from Twilight Princess where Zelda fades away (You've given me all you have etc).

Only instead of fading away the duo just nuke everything around them while guitars wail.

It's a improvement if you ask me.

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Kid just rages for a while.
Hey thread I got this game on Wii U but nobody I know has that. People have 3DS though. If they and I get the game, can we do sweet sweet co op?

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

NT Plus posted:

Hey thread I got this game on Wii U but nobody I know has that. People have 3DS though. If they and I get the game, can we do sweet sweet co op?

Unfortunately, no. The 3DS version has no multiplayer whatsoever, outside of letting your fairies hang out with each other. Wii U's multiplayer, however, is local co-op only, with one person using the Wii U gamepad as a screen and the other using the TV screen and another controller.

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Yeah my only issue with the Wii U co op is that it makes the game look and run like unplayable rear end. :smith:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Haha oh man the end of the Wind Waker story makes Hurl Warriors cannon :allears:

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I hate the power button on the N3DS. The switchy one on the original 3ds was great, almost impossible to accidentally trip. I set it down on the end to be lazy while watching the end cutscene for the Forbidden Fortress mission, and it closed the game so now I have to redo it.

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Thats annoying but I agree. I can never take my N3DS anywhere without accidentally turning it on. Whoever said we should be able to turn on the N3DS in closed clamshell mode is a shitlord.

Also what DLC is "worth it" for this game? I like new themed levels but I also have a hard time trusting the eShop's various "deals."

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

NT Plus posted:

Thats annoying but I agree. I can never take my N3DS anywhere without accidentally turning it on. Whoever said we should be able to turn on the N3DS in closed clamshell mode is a shitlord.

Also what DLC is "worth it" for this game? I like new themed levels but I also have a hard time trusting the eShop's various "deals."

All the DLC is totally worth it; just buy the Season Pass; it should save you a couple bucks and gets you an extra costume (disclaimer: the Dark Link costume, while neat, is lazy as hell)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Haha oh man the end of the Wind Waker story makes Hurl Warriors cannon :allears:

What was it

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Keiya posted:

I hate the power button on the N3DS. The switchy one on the original 3ds was great, almost impossible to accidentally trip. I set it down on the end to be lazy while watching the end cutscene for the Forbidden Fortress mission, and it closed the game so now I have to redo it.

I feel like I accidentally hit the power button way more times on the original 3DS when absentmindedly trying to pause because it's right next to the start button membrane thing, and also it's instinctively where you'd expect a start button to be. Not that the new power button placement is good, it just makes me feel less like an idiot when I accidentally press it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
At least this stuff doesn't compare to the old console days where sometimes you flick the wire and that shockwave is enough to tip the cartridge a tad bit and crash the game. I lost so much progress that way.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lana revives Cia and the two become roomies watchin' over the triforce and probably talkin bout link

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i can't wait for hyrul warriors nx which will have online multiplayer and more enemies and all the 3ds upgrades and will run at 60fps at all times and will be free to owners of the wii u and 3ds versions

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Spoderman posted:

I feel like I accidentally hit the power button way more times on the original 3DS when absentmindedly trying to pause because it's right next to the start button membrane thing, and also it's instinctively where you'd expect a start button to be. Not that the new power button placement is good, it just makes me feel less like an idiot when I accidentally press it.

Um... what? It was up on the side, no where near the power button. And you had to slide it up.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Keiya posted:

Um... what? It was up on the side, no where near the power button. And you had to slide it up.

You might be thinking of the non-3D DS, but the power button on the original 3DS was this mess.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i can't wait for hyrul warriors nx which will have online multiplayer and more enemies and all the 3ds upgrades and will run at 60fps at all times and will be free to owners of the wii u and 3ds versions

It will also let you play as error, agahnim, sahasrahla, chris houlihan, blind, syrup, kaepora gaebora, the shopkeeper that kills you, will wright, saria, nabooru, twinrova, malon, anju, happy mask salesman, dampe, sakon, pierre, mikau, majora, the toilet hand, kamaro, kafei, darmani, keaton, guru-guru, igos du ikana, veran, ralph, fat impa, nayru, farore, din, rosa, onox, maple, ricky, moosh, dimitri, vaati, makar, beedle, ezlo, mutoh, malo, telma, yeta, postman, linebeck, jolene, chancellor cole, alfonzo, byrne, hilda, ravio, yuga, princess styla, sir combsly, gwonam, king harkinian, gaspra, pinkle, and barkle

but not Groose

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The DS Lite is the model that had the power switch on the right side that you slid up. The original DS had the power button on the upper left, above the D-pad.

The original 3DS's power button placement was indeed awful and I can't count how many times I turned off a game by accident.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
I spent a long enough time trawling JP webcircles and can't find it, is there a complete preview list of My Fairy costumes somewhere?

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

FirstAidKite posted:

but not Groose

tbh if Barkle was in, I'd forgive Groose.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
They changed around some of the Hard Mode skulltulas and the Water Temple one is particularly bullshit.

In fact any of them that are tied to NPC health are bullshit, because NPCs are dumb as gently caress and stand around getting hit by mooks.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
hell yeah, finally reached the wind waker stages

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What's the real way to deal with Phantom Ganon? Fought him in Legends mode which forces you to do a 5 v 1 before you can even tackle him properly and at that point everyone was regaining their magic meter at a rapid pace so I just nuked him mercilessly.

Also man Tetra's damage is god awful. I'm not sure what's going on but she literally can't do poo poo.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I was gonna give my Wii U code for the Legends content to epitasis but they've already gotten one.
So: First person to post asking for the code gets it. I'll PM it to you or email it if you don't have PMs. Sorry, only way to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'll take it.

• Locked thread