Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
God, it's the 90s all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rhyno posted:

I'm actually really curious to see how this goes. One of the legit rumor dropping guys said he had it on good authority that the Mary Jane and daughter from Renew Your Vows were going to make it into the new Marvel Universe post SW alongside the original Mary Jane. So we'd then have two versions of MJ walking around and supposedly Peter would remember his history with both of them. It's one thing for heroes to meet other versions of themselves, that's old hat. How often have we had depictions of a normal person on the street having to deal with an evil twin?

I still can't figure out what the point of that would have been.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
New52 Lois retires into obscurity after Clark Kent (new52 Superman) and Superman (Lois&Clark Superman) are seen together and she becomes a laughingstock for her "story of the century" being publicly "disproven."

She dyes her hair, changes her name to Cat Grant, and starts a media company in a new city when suddenly Supergirl moves to town.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

I still can't figure out what the point of that would have been.

"You wanted your spider-marriage back so bad, fuckers, well here (half of) it is! Now shut up and stop whining about OMD and that devil deal." - Marvel exec

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
But he still would have been single! It's a weird half measure that makes no one happy. Which is DC as gently caress.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Nobody is talking about JL3001 or JL3002 is that not going to be a thing? Because if not Blue Beetle will be my only DC pull.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Shawn posted:

Nobody is talking about JL3001 or JL3002 is that not going to be a thing? Because if not Blue Beetle will be my only DC pull.

Did Blue Beetle and Booster Gold even show up in JL3001, after their reintroduction at the end of JL3000?

From what I've heard, there is no mention of a JL3002, just the Giffen Blue Beetle(s) series.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Kieth Giffen probably can't do two comics at once at his age.

Shawn posted:

He's only 63 so I will assume you are being sarcastic.

I wasn't but I forgot he's on Scooby Apocalypse, so that was a dumb thing to say.

Scooby's actually the whole original JL3K creative team :)

While they didn't mention all of the books at that showcase, JL3K wasn't on the lineup that they announced a month before that. It's over as far as we know.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 28, 2016

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
He's only 63 so I will assume you are being sarcastic. I am not asking because I think he is only doing one book in the whole world. I am asking because it has not been mentioned in any of the discussions of DC rebirth. Which is explicitly stated in my post.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Has this been posted yet? Greg Rucka did a mini Q&A on his Wonder Woman book while also taking potshots at Brian Azzerello & Cliff Chang's Wonder Woman run:

http://ruckawriter.tumblr.com/post/141734737228/explication-and-elaboration

BONUS: He even answered a question on his bizarre love/hate relationship with DC management:

quote:

Q: I thought you hated DC. You’re a terrible hypocrite, and I will never read anything you write ever again.

I never hated DC. I had enormous problems with my relationship with them for a long time, ultimately bruising enough that I didn’t work for them for seven years (not counting a short-story for American Vampire, as Scott Snyder’s request, and writing Kate, Renee, and Helena for two issues in Convergence). I feel they did badly by me. I am certain they feel I did poorly by them.

When I was offered this job, I discussed it extensively with my family, and I discussed it extensively with the people at DC I would be beholden to and working with. The result of all those conversations was such that I felt sufficiently assured to try again. Everyone is trying to make right.

And they were offering me the chance to write for Diana.

I am 46 years old, and have learned the hard way that making absolute declarations often leads to having to eat your words somewhere down the line. If the fact that I have changed in the last seven years, and that DC’s relationship with me has similarly changed, does not seem a fair reason to return to write stories for Diana… I do not know what to tell you other than you are entitled to your opinion, and I think you’ll be missing out on some good comics.

I wonder if Rob Liefeld will change his tune next. Last I heard he left on a sour note and was beefin with Scott Snyder.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I am so behind on everything Rebirth and DC related ever, but with Batgirl going round 'Asia' is this a different Batgirl to Barbara Gordon and why is she going round Asia?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's still Barb, and dunno.
Presumably the end of the current series will transition, but changing scenery is an ultra common thing new runs do.
This last team did it to distinguish themselves from Gail Simone's comics, though this is probably going to be a bit softer since it's coming off a well regarded and popular run (ie: The costume looks the same.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Has this been posted yet? Greg Rucka did a mini Q&A on his Wonder Woman book while also taking potshots at Brian Azzerello & Cliff Chang's Wonder Woman run:

http://ruckawriter.tumblr.com/post/141734737228/explication-and-elaboration

BONUS: He even answered a question on his bizarre love/hate relationship with DC management:

I wonder if Rob Liefeld will change his tune next. Last I heard he left on a sour note and was beefin with Scott Snyder.

I respect his argument of "Yeah, poo poo was pretty bad, but I'm willing to give it another shot" over the usual canned PR "No, see, things were fine, everyone was just overselling it."

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Ultragonk posted:

I am so behind on everything Rebirth and DC related ever, but with Batgirl going round 'Asia' is this a different Batgirl to Barbara Gordon and why is she going round Asia?

Asia is cool.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I was out of town for the weekend and came back to a million posts about Rebirth, so I admit to some amount of skimming but I didn't see what the status of the main Justice League comic is, once Rebirth hits. Who's the creative team/who's on the League, etc..

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

redbackground posted:

I was out of town for the weekend and came back to a million posts about Rebirth, so I admit to some amount of skimming; what is the status of the main Justice League comic, once Rebirth hits?

Bryan Hitch/Tony S Daniel Justice League with the basic cast minus Hal. There's the Power Ring girl, Jessica Cruise and Simon Baz there instead.

There will be a Justice League of America, but they gave no details, so hopefully it'll be a bit more impressive that that.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Bryan Hitch/Tony S Daniel Justice League with the basic cast minus Hal. There's the Power Ring girl, Jessica Cruise and Simon Baz there instead.

Bleh. Tony Daniel is an immediate skip. I also have no idea who Power Ring girl and Jessica Cruise are.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

redbackground posted:

I also have no idea who Power Ring girl and Jessica Cruise are.

Read Justice League since Forever Evil. It's been quite good.
Lex on the team, Batman in Metron's chair and all that.

redbackground posted:

That is what I hear. So basically starting with #30/Vol. 6?

Yup.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 28, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Read Justice League since Forever Evil. It's been quite good.
That is what I hear. So basically starting with #30/Vol. 6?

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Did I miss something or did they not announce anything for Genevieve Valentine?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dunbar posted:

Did I miss something or did they not announce anything for Genevieve Valentine?

Nope. It blows.
We'll have to read Xena.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Semper Fudge posted:

Asia is cool.

No way, Asia refused to lend me five bucks that one time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The DC June solicits confirm that both Superman and Action Comics are about the Pre-N52 Superman. So I'm guessing that N52 is just Clark now.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Crazy prediction: Superwoman is Nu52 Superman finally coming out as transgender.

(I am not serious. A transgender superhero could be really awesome and I'd have to give DC applause for making such a big character transgender, but there is no way in hell modern DC would take that kind of risk)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Leaning hard on his distinct powers like Explode Fire and See A Radio, New 52 Superman will take on a new super-identity like Air Wave or the Human Bomb or Super Kryptonian God Super Kryptonian Kal-El.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

X-O posted:

The DC June solicits confirm that both Superman and Action Comics are about the Pre-N52 Superman. So I'm guessing that N52 is just Clark now.

It's so funny that Lois and Clark has transitioned from a Convergence spin-off to one of the most important comics in the lead up to this thing.

e: Solicits: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/28/the-full-dc-comics-solicitations-for-june-2016-with-the-new-logos-on-the-covers-dcrebirth/
Boo on them not changing any logos.
Maybe it's possible they're temp. Wonder Woman's doesn't sit right on the new mythical type art.
And hopefully the Rebirth trade dress only sticks around for #1s.

ee: Justice League #52 is written by Sam Humphries.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 28, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This is it, the final Solicit for Red Hood/Arsenal. :smith:

RED HOOD/ARSENAL #13
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art by JOE BENNETT
Cover by ROBSON ROCHA
The Joker’s Daughter’s master plan is revealed! Are Jason and Roy strong enough take down both Duela and the Iron Rule? And what will it cost them? Find out in the shocking conclusion to RED HOOD/ ARSENAL!
On sale JUNE 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • FINAL ISSUE

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Good.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Don't worry, there's a new Red Hood and the Outlaws comic starting the following month, so it won't miss a beat!

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

X-O posted:

What happens to N52 Lois?

She marries Cyclops, and drama ensues.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
How has Injustice weathered the storm of DCYou and Rebirth totally unscathed? No offense to the guys who make it, but come on. It was one game, five years ago. It's like there's a lack of fairness in the world or something.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
How many people are like me and are sad the DCYou stuff is getting cancelled? I really like We are Robin, heard good things about Martian Manhunter and Midnighter, hope Prez is forgotten, hoped Dr Fate would get better etc.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

HitTheTargets posted:

How has Injustice weathered the storm of DCYou and Rebirth totally unscathed? No offense to the guys who make it, but come on. It was one game, five years ago. It's like there's a lack of fairness in the world or something.

I know that thing is in "Year 5" but there's no way it's actually been running for five years has it?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

X-O posted:

I know that thing is in "Year 5" but there's no way it's actually been running for five years has it?

No, but it's well over 3 at this point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HitTheTargets posted:

Since there still hasn't been news of an Injustice 2 in years, it has to just be selling well.

It is supposedly being worked on currently though. There was speculation a while ago it was going to coincide with BvS but obviously not.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 29, 2016

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's still Barb, and dunno.
Presumably the end of the current series will transition, but changing scenery is an ultra common thing new runs do.
This last team did it to distinguish themselves from Gail Simone's comics, though this is probably going to be a bit softer since it's coming off a well regarded and popular run (ie: The costume looks the same.)

Something I never really understood. Was Burnside IN Gotham or was it a separate city?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Burnside was a neighborhood in Gotham.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

How many people are like me and are sad the DCYou stuff is getting cancelled? I really like We are Robin, heard good things about Martian Manhunter and Midnighter, hope Prez is forgotten, hoped Dr Fate would get better etc.

I don't mind comics only lasting a year. Those are decent runs. I just don't like that there aren't so many unique comics in that spirit to replace them.

Definitely read Martian Manhunter and Midnighter.

e: Grant Morrison Wonder Woman: Earth One interview
http://www.newsarama.com/28588-grant-morrison-explores-provocative-elements-of-wonder-woman-in-latest-earth-one.html

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 29, 2016

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Travis343 posted:

Burnside was a neighborhood in Gotham.

Is it a good place to live in Gotham?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is it a good place to live in Gotham?

it's basically Brooklyn