Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's Good Friday and I live with people more religious than I, so either I don't eat as much as I'd like to for a reason that - no offense to people for whom it does - doesn't matter all that much to me, or I'm the only one who eats much and it's awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I haven't read SA in a month and now every thread has 2,000 new posts :(

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My co-worker just gave me a genuine, unironic "I'm not racist, but" spiel about how he's against people dating outside their ethnicity.
:catstare:
I realize this is Texas but goddamn, dude.

E: it was admittedly entertaining to watch him desperately backpedal when I told him about my 7 year old mixed niece.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 06:06 on Mar 26, 2016

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Lately, any time I'm talking to someone (friends/family) and I mention that I'm thinking about buying a specific new perfume, they go, "Oh, I bought something a few months but ended up not liking it that much, you want it?" And to my irritation, it usually turns out to be nice enough on me that I can't really justify dropping another $50 on the specific smelly liquid that I wanted in the first place. I now have about eight half bottles of free perfume.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
I'm starting to get tan lines from my FitBit.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
This subforum is no longer Pedant Wasteland so I couldn't find it for a second.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I have a cold for the first time in over a year. It's extremely mild, but still irritating. I thought this was the First World, where disease was eradicated. What's the point of being in one of the wealthiest places on earth when I can still get the sniffles.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I don't want to take another code test but I have to take them.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Thin Privilege posted:

I haven't read SA in a month and now every thread has 2,000 new posts :(

I get in these weird moods where I'll just stop watching the few LPs I do in the sub forum, and then I end up super behind super quick and then I feel like I'll never catch up so what's the point?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My husband ate a whole box of 24 full size snickers ice cream bars in TWO days. I didn't even get to have one. He's not fat, he's like 170lbs. I'm upset and also disgusted.

The line at Wendy's is like 20 cars long. I want my crispy chicken sandwich! :saddowns: At least I have SA to entertain me.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Thin Privilege posted:

My husband ate a whole box of 24 full size snickers ice cream bars in TWO days. I didn't even get to have one. He's not fat, he's like 170lbs. I'm upset and also disgusted.

My bf is 6'2, maybe 165 lbs, snacks like there's no tomorrow and never gains weight. I'm insanely jealous, but like you, kinda grossed out. Watching him get the munchies when we smoke is like watching a nature documentary about some creature that'll die if it stops eating for more than sixty seconds.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I made some hair color mistakes. I corrected most but those I couldn't make me look like a stoner unicorn.

Also, there's 2 buildings at work. I have to take some classes at the one my office is not, and the restrooms suckling!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Thin Privilege posted:

The line at Wendy's is like 20 cars long. I want my crispy chicken sandwich! :saddowns: At least I have SA to entertain me.

Username/post combo :haw:

This post made me want a Baconator, but I live in a McDonald's/BK area and I work in a complete food desert.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I have been sick a lot lately and missing work. Ironically, this makes me too poor to go to the doctor and get my meds adjusted.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I asked a friend to tell me my terrible idea for an RPG Maker game is terrible so it'll stop stewing at the back of my mind every time I have an idle moment but instead he took it and ran with it in a completely different direction than I wanted it.

I mean, he succeeded in making me lose enthusiasm for said project like I wanted (Because I know I wouldn't have the patience to finish it if I started it) but now I'm annoyed with him because he tried to turn it into a real-time single-character combat thing instead of what I initially planned and I hate it when people try to dictate my plans to me :mad: Now it's like 90% his idea and I don't wanna do it.

I'm aware this is more a problem with me than with him.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 23:48 on Mar 28, 2016

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

The nice lady at the Nordstrom fragrance counter decanted like 5ml of Tuscan Leather into a little glass container for me, but the container doesn't have a spray nozzle or atomizer attached to it, so now I have to go find out where the hell they sell pipettes so I can try this stuff on properly.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Crow Jane posted:

My bf is 6'2, maybe 165 lbs, snacks like there's no tomorrow and never gains weight. I'm insanely jealous, but like you, kinda grossed out. Watching him get the munchies when we smoke is like watching a nature documentary about some creature that'll die if it stops eating for more than sixty seconds.

My ex was like that. She'd eat, like, two thousand calories in a meal then pass out on the couch and nap for an hour or so, wake up and eat another pile of junk then fall back asleep. She would often not remember having had a mid-nap meal :psyduck:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The bakery was out of Italian bread so I had French bread with my tomato soup for dinner.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I accidentally clicked on someone's profile name instead of a thread name and got a GIANT GOATSE

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Thin Privilege posted:

I accidentally clicked on someone's profile name instead of a thread name and got a GIANT GOATSE

A GIANT GOATSE is a pretty pro username, imo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The podcasts I listen to update Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays.

I picked up a 7 year-old DnD podcast to fill the time now that I'm all caught up.
Really wish I could go back to having hundreds and hundreds of hours of backlog.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's awkward trying to reconcile being a night owl with maximising the proportion of my power usage that occurs during the day in order to take advantage of solar power.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
My washing machine has a finishing chime that's a good, like, forty seconds long. No 'your washing is done' jingle should have rests.

My clothesline I got for this apartment is too small for the loads I'd actually want to put on, or indeed anything more than about three days' worth of washing. And even then I start struggling to find places to hang things.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

cyberia posted:

A GIANT GOATSE is a pretty pro username, imo.

It was the actual picture, it brought back fond memories.

I had to explain to someone, in TYOOL 2016, what goatse is :psyduck:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Thin Privilege posted:

It was the actual picture, it brought back fond memories.

I had to explain to someone, in TYOOL 2016, what goatse is :psyduck:

It amazes me that there are adults/older teenagers that might not know what goatse is, when I'm at the point where it doesn't even phase me any more.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Monday was a holiday, and it messed up my time perception something fierce, to the point that I have to actually think to remember which day of the week it is. Mostly I think it's my brain going "oh, first work day this week, must be a Monday".

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The threshold for the last light on my Mac's battery indicator is 80%, which is way lower than I'm comfortable taking it off early at, so it's useless for actually telling me if it's done charging.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I'm in a new fantasy baseball league this year and it uses a different website than what I'm used to. It's so poorly designed and confusing.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Mikl posted:

Monday was a holiday, and it messed up my time perception something fierce, to the point that I have to actually think to remember which day of the week it is. Mostly I think it's my brain going "oh, first work day this week, must be a Monday".

I thought that it was Saturday this morning and I could sleep in, but then my alarm went off :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My girlfriend bought a big jar of orange juice with lots of pulp. That's the definition of it, "Grovestand / Lots of Pulp".

I really want to have some OJ, but I can't drink that poo poo. :(

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

MisterBibs posted:

My girlfriend bought a big jar of orange juice with lots of pulp. That's the definition of it, "Grovestand / Lots of Pulp".

I really want to have some OJ, but I can't drink that poo poo. :(

Since when does OJ come in jars? Or is this something like a bag of milk?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Helios Grime posted:

Since when does OJ come in jars? Or is this something like a bag of milk?

:confused: What else would you call em? Big plastic jars of orange juice, the kind you pick up at the store.

While I can't sleep, another FWP: I just got a notice that my phones up for an upgrade. This s5 is getting long in the tooth and I wouldn't mind upgrading, but I just bought a wireless charging dock for my phone and I'm in love with not having to fiddle with charging plugs at night.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
V

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 12:34 on Mar 31, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Jugs. People usually call the plastic jars jugs. A jug of milk, a jug of orange juice, I jug, you jug, he she we jug

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MisterBibs posted:

:confused: What else would you call em? Big plastic jars of orange juice, the kind you pick up at the store.

These things?

Bottles.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's just a tub of sugar.

e: really no better than soda

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

These things?

Bottles.

My FWP, that pic. It looks like goddamn laundry detergent and what the hell is "classic" orange juice?

Ok for real fwp if the other doesn't suffice. I've been working my rear end off the last 1.5 months and doing overtime, now that the workload is getting less I'm finding it hard to not work long hours. Like if I could reduce some accumulated overtime would be bad or something.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I can't have my ipod on in the work van so radio only. It is so loving stupid to hear the same goddamn ads on every loving station. DON'T SELL YOUR HOME, RENT IT WITH RENTER'S WAREHOUSE! I DID THE HCG CHALLENGE AT RED MOUNTAIN WEIGHT LOSS AND AM DOWN 20 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS! BUY YOUR DIAMONDS AT THE SHANE COMPANY!

Every single station has the same ads, just read by different djs.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I have too much delicious smoked ham left over from Easter and will have to freeze some of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
- Fashion is a first world problem, right? I just got back from shoes and pants shopping, and I realized that my new shoes match my old pants. Wouldnt be that a big deal for me, but my old pants are going in the garbage for getting too ratty to wear.

- I love ice cold water, but don't like ice being in my drink because it takes up space for water. I had a dream once where I invented a device where charging it made it colder (???) and when I woke up I was bummed that my dream made up something that I'd love to own. Stupid laws of physics.