Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Enjoy posted:

At 33:20 you can see there is a duplicate function for division templates, you can have as many division types as you want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXPP1eiy0AQ&t=1950s

Yes, but all those divisions are identical unless you spend experience to make them different, so in practice you'll only have a few different division types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Gort posted:

Yes, but all those divisions are identical unless you spend experience to make them different, so in practice you'll only have a few different division types.

But they can have different pictures!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

YF-23 posted:

Ethi, or depending on how the Greek is latinised, ethe. But you should be saying ethii or ethea like you did because it's wrong and it gets people mad.
Ethoses is also allowable since it doesn't cause any grave construction sins. Its a bigger problem than most obscure Paradox words because ethoses is hard enough to say to consider the source language pluralization, but those are far enough out of the modern English feel as to sound pretentious.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Star posted:

This is a worse semi-ironic derail than the whole bonuses/bonii poo poo.

look at what you did

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
I regret nothing.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Gamerofthegame posted:

look at what you did

I do maintain that it's still a better derail than the previous one. But it's also a sign that one should never underestimate the nerdiness of paradox players.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
What's the plural of counter? Countii, obvs. :rolleyes:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I think we have not yet discussed all the benefits of NATO counters, for example the motorized infantry (X with two dots on the bottom, symbolizing wheels) gives you the intuitively the information that this brigade mostly works like infantry, but is a bit faster, while the Paradox picture, if you can correctly identify it as a halftruck, does not give you this information and might lead you to believe that this unit works like a really lovely armored unit, leading to potential disaster.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Thanks for caring, friend.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

It's a picture of a horse? :confused:

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Bundle of Keys posted:

It's a picture of a horse? :confused:

This joke has gotten old already, it's clearly a cow or zebra.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Stellaris DD for the Audiophiles. The first song reminds me of Mass Effect 1

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Fstellaris-dev-diary-27-music-sound.916337%2F

Are we getting one of these DD for HOI4? I want to hear some of the music without people talking over it :v:

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 28, 2016

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Look at the absurd dimensions of that thing lmao. I'm not even sure what it's meant to be. A PPSh-41?

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Tuskin38 posted:

Are we getting one of these DD for HOI4? I want to hear some of the music without people talking over it :v:

The soundtrack for HOI4 will consist entirely of speaches Hitler gave while he was campaigning and ruling Germany (no matter what country you play as). It will be very immersive.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I'd forgotten how much I loved that picture. A treasure for us all.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Westminster System posted:

World War / In the Balance et all make decent audio books, at least the ones I got around to listening to.

Also the first book is 1.99 on Amazon and the first audiobookiss is 3.99 so thank you for encouraging me to look today!

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
My favorite part of the counter chat are the people who loudly proclaim that they don't care how information is presented in a video game and then post multi-page screeds about how using counters is basically the holocaust all over again.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ArchangeI posted:

My favorite part of the counter chat are the people who loudly proclaim that they don't care how information is presented in a video game and then post multi-page screeds about how using counters is basically the holocaust all over again.

Oh. Who posted a multi-page screed about how using counters is basically the holocaust all over again?

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
The nato counters are ofc optional because Sweden aint a part of nato irl. They should actually only be in the game if sweden joins nato but u gotta keep em grogs happy.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I named my firstborn son 'NATO Counter' and tattooed an infantry symbol on his forehead, but even I'm sick of hearing about NATO counters. :negative:

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Fintilgin posted:

I named my firstborn son 'NATO Counter' and tattooed an infantry symbol on his forehead, but even I'm sick of hearing about NATO counters. :negative:

Are you going to add two dots when he gets his driver's license?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have we seen anything about the naval aspect of the game?

I never found HoI's combat to be bad in any version of the game (well, unless you played agianst a Chinese human player who would 2 militia + 1 infantry spam the world the death) but the naval aspect was always lacking, which is something that goes all the way to CK and EU too.

Let's hope that, with the civilized people convincing paradox to implement NATO counters, we can also convince them to put some good naval warfare in HoI4

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Phlegmish posted:

Oh. Who posted a multi-page screed about how using counters is basically the holocaust all over again?

nobody individually but the amount of posters saying 'HEH PDOX SHOULD REMOVE NAYDOUGH COUNTERS TO TROL PPL :henget:' has far, far outnumbered anyone saying the opposite. most people who are pro-nato counters are not upset that the terrible 20x30 pictures are also an option.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Mans posted:

Have we seen anything about the naval aspect of the game?

I never found HoI's combat to be bad in any version of the game (well, unless you played agianst a Chinese human player who would 2 militia + 1 infantry spam the world the death) but the naval aspect was always lacking, which is something that goes all the way to CK and EU too.

Let's hope that, with the civilized people convincing paradox to implement NATO counters, we can also convince them to put some good naval warfare in HoI4

Some of the dev diaries mention naval stuff:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-developer-diary-10-naval-combat.805413/
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-dd-15-on-the-high-seas.850123/
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-26th-development-diary-25th-of-september-2015.883544/
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-37th-development-diary-11th-of-december-2015.896886/
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-38th-development-diary-18th-of-december-2015.898240/
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-38th-development-diary-18th-of-december-2015.898240/
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-48th-development-diary-11th-of-march-2016.913075/

Some of these are from pretty early on, though, so who knows how up to date they are.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

catlord posted:

Are you going to add two dots when he gets his driver's license?

:cool: :hf: :cool:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I really want someone to do the math then draw what this napoleon would look like off of his horse.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

ArchangeI posted:

My favorite part was where a supermodel proposed to me and I won the lottery.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I didn't have too much trouble learning NATO counters when I started getting into Darkest Hour but it's not like it's period-accurate so who cares what system people want to use for their nerdy mapgames.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Here's a mockup of my suggested military symbology in a ready to use OOB!

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Baronjutter posted:

I really want someone to do the math then draw what this napoleon would look like off of his horse.

I used a lot of very complicated calculations.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Get a bigger monitor

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

cool and good posted:

Get a bigger monitor

Sorry you still use a monitor to read the internet Gramps.

Eskaton
Aug 13, 2014
Surfing the web on an ironclad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What are you people talking about?

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

FactsAreUseless posted:

What are you people talking about?

You really do not want to know.

Stellaris songs are really interesting and I'm definitely hyped to hear more of them. The mix of orchestral and synthetic music is pretty cool. The Luminescence sample in particular is really good.

Defeatist Elitist fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 28, 2016

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

They're discussing the inclusion of NATO unit counters in HOI IV. Personally, I'm for them.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

There's just something about HOI games that brings out the worst in people it's the grognardism

I'm more pumped for Stellaris than I thought I would be... what's better is that I was watching one of those Wiz/cKnoor videos with my fiancé (who is definitely not the Paradox strategy game type) and he looks really intrigued by it. If it turns out to be good, I think there's a ton of potential for this to be a breakout into the mainstream for Paradox.

I mean, you could argue that CK2 was that way as well, but I think this will be on a whole other level.

Also the music is kickin' rad, and hopefully it's that way in HOI4 too (is it still Andreas Waldetoft?)

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Yeah, Waldetoft is still our music dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Actually it was just a joke about the P'dox forums. I like NATO counters :shobon: