Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

NAT-T Ice posted:

Well, you never have to.

Pyroi posted:

Censor stuff? Why ever would you have to do that?

:argh:

ZeeToo posted:

I'm kind of offended that Peace Walker seems to have skipped out on a robot named "Imago".

This is like, a loving month late but I just found out today, "Imago" is the Mammal Pod's codename. The other AIs are just called by their pod's codename, but Peace Walker has two of them :v:

GW-Pupa-5000 - Pupa
TJ-Chrysalis-6000 - Chrysalis (you can actually hear it say it's full name in the first level when it's sent to go kidnap Amanda)
TR-Cocoon-7000 - Cocoon
AL-Aurelia-8000 - Peace Walker's Reptile Pod
BS-Imago-9000 - Peace Walker's Mammal Pod

I'm betting Strangelove mentions this stuff in a cassette we haven't listened to yet, I just found this stuff out from research. Also frankly when we listen to tapes, I'm more interested in hearing what Cecile says than Strangelove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The first four are named after presidents / Patriot AIs, but isn't BS something else?

Gemcrim
May 26, 2014

Straight outta Sumaru

Dabir posted:

The first four are named after presidents / Patriot AIs, but isn't BS something else?

Think BS is for Boss. Similar to JD for John Doe which had some kind of tie to Big Boss???

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Danaru posted:

I'm betting Strangelove mentions this stuff in a cassette we haven't listened to yet, I just found this stuff out from research. Also frankly when we listen to tapes, I'm more interested in hearing what Cecile says than Strangelove.

I think she was talking about it during the stream's panda blitz.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS Peace Walker Episode 28 - The Dangers Of Popping

This is the episode where we discover the meaning of Pooyan.

Also Ghost Alert.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

SO TASTY!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is what Pooyan is based on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrl-wxzON34

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I just wanna say again it is a loving crime that MGSV doesn't have main game co-op because I would really need you two doing that in my life.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Section Z posted:

I just wanna say again it is a loving crime that MGSV doesn't have main game co-op because I would really need you two doing that in my life.

Agreed, the fact that FOBs prove synchronous multiplayer is possible makes it hurt even more :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Episode 29 - Alligator and Wombat go to White Castle

This episode marks the beginning of the chat turning on me swiftly and permanently.

You are all monsters.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Pro dunks at 36 minutes in made me bust out laughing.

Also Grace should use a rocket launcher on enemy soldiers more because it appears they are a blindspot in the Dan Warcrimes Foundation.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Grune was rad.
"okay fine I'll put her in whatcha got large-chested amnesiac anime?"
*battle start*
"*sing song voice* oh what does this do?" "cute"
"*dead serious* Bloody Howling." "WHOAH drat"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
I preferred Chloe because I tend to gravitate towards whoever has the most Lloyd-like moveset, so Chloe in Legendia, Guy in Abyss, Alvin in Xilia, etc. That said I never finished Legendia because the character quests were just SO LONG. Like I'm unsure which is the longer game between Legendia and Abyss.

Related to Peace Walker content: by "turn on you" don't you mean "unleashed a flood of gifs"?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Episode 30 - Do Not Pop

If you want to see the storm of panda pictures, they're still in the image tab in the stream chat :v: there were way too many to put into the episode itself.

The episode also gets a bit choppier than the last few, it burns me up inside :froggonk:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Seeing the little haystack shuffling off to the mine base still slays me.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

I do get to go see red pandas at my zoo! At the end of the month when I'm finished with this year of grad school I will be celebrating by going to see them here in Nashville. I need to make a trip to the Knoxville zoo because apparently they have had more baby red panda births than any other zoo and are the 'red panda capital of the world' and all newborn cubs in US zoos trace their ancestry to Knoxville's zoo. If you two ever want to come down to visit I will take you on a Let's Panda adventure.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"Grace stop failing missions!"

-Dan, as he Machineguns Zadornov to death.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I sympathize though, these missions are nothing but busywork.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I'm still catching up on videos, so I dunno if you guys have dropped the drinking game or not, but if you haven't make sure you get a bottle of Bishop's Cider Co. for one of your videos. They're in Dallas, their Crackberry is probably the best. You won't regret it. :getin:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Section Z posted:

"Grace stop failing missions!"

-Dan, as he Machineguns Zadornov to death.

In my defense, gently caress Zadornov :colbert: For anyone curious, the reason Grace couldn't fulton Zadornov is because he wasn't in a pacified state. He still needed to be either tranqed, smacked with a rifle, or held up. Or shot gratuitously but Miller didn't like that much.

Captain Bravo posted:

I'm still catching up on videos, so I dunno if you guys have dropped the drinking game or not, but if you haven't make sure you get a bottle of Bishop's Cider Co. for one of your videos. They're in Dallas, their Crackberry is probably the best. You won't regret it. :getin:

We temporarily suspended the drinking game for Peace Walker, mainly because we played it blind and I don't trust Grace at all, but it'll be back for Phantom Pain. I'll keep an eye out though, I'm always down to try new ciders :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

In my defense, gently caress Zadornov :colbert: For anyone curious, the reason Grace couldn't fulton Zadornov is because he wasn't in a pacified state. He still needed to be either tranqed, smacked with a rifle, or held up. Or shot gratuitously but Miller didn't like that much.

I'll admit I love it every time you switch between yelling that whatever Grace is doing is a warcrime, and just firing rockets and machineguns at people even after Grace knocked them unconscious.

To be fair, gently caress snipers.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
SURPRISE FUCKERS IT'S A SLIGHTLY LATE UPDATE

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Episode 31 - Dan And Grace Fight Our Giant loving Robot

Miller I don't loving know what esoteric-rear end setup you have with these base defense weapons but apparently every strut she's on is assailable and also not assailable at the same time. Anyone about to complain that I did it wrong, notice that I did it 100% correct the first time, and Miller told me to gently caress off. Therefore I assumed I did it incorrectly and reverted to just smashing poo poo up manually. :colbert:

Something I'm proud of is that Grace immediately gunned for the Radome too :v: We all learned from REX

This is genuinely one of my favourite Metal Gear battles, and it burns me up inside that the stream lagged during one of the most crucial moments.

BY THE WAY OH SNAP WE'RE PLAYING GROUND ZEROES FOR REAL ON FRIDAY If you want in on those shenanigans live, we'll be streaming on Hitbox! We don't know what time yet but I'll let everyone know via my Twitter! I promise that wasn't purposely meant as a shill, it just conveniently gave myself an excuse to pimp my twitter account anyway

Danaru fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 14, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Snake, do you see any borders up here? What have "borders" given us? We're gonna start over from scratch, that's what ZEKE is for!

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Danaru posted:

BY THE WAY OH SNAP WE'RE PLAYING GROUND ZEROES FOR REAL ON FRIDAY If you want in on those shenanigans live, we'll be streaming on Hitbox! We don't know what time yet but I'll let everyone know via my Twitter! I promise that wasn't purposely meant as a shill, it just conveniently gave myself an excuse to pimp my twitter account anyway

Oh shiiiiiit hope I can be home from work in time for most of it.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Dumb plot getting in the way, I was getting all curious about that pirate's treasure quest. :( Great ending battle. It only could've been better if it turned out that some of your grunts were also traitors and you had to deal with them and Zeke.

Is it safe to say you hate Huey more than the anime?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

pick-e posted:

Dumb plot getting in the way, I was getting all curious about that pirate's treasure quest. :( Great ending battle. It only could've been better if it turned out that some of your grunts were also traitors and you had to deal with them and Zeke.

Is it safe to say you hate Huey more than the anime?

Oh infinitely so, Paz had the decency to give me an awesome boss fight, the most Huey did was create Battle Gear which literally doesn't do anything except make combat deployments more difficult :colbert:

Neurion posted:

Oh shiiiiiit hope I can be home from work in time for most of it.

It'll doubtlessly be a super long stream like last time :v:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Danaru posted:

It'll doubtlessly be a super long stream like last time :v:

Missing any of it would make me a Raging Red Panda.

[CALL]

Drebin has a fanfic to tell you about me now.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hey folks, we're gonna be starting Ground Zeroes in about 20 minutes! http://www.hitbox.tv/Danaru

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

[img]http://lpix.org/2431827/metal_gear_solid_ground_zeroes_logo[1].png[/img]

Let's Play MGSV Ground Zeroes Episode 1 - Let's Gitmo

Fun fact: We originally thought to do this thread in preperation FOR MGSV, planning on completing it before Phantom Pain came out. Then schedules tightened and scopes broadened. :v:

Just a reminder, the drinking game is suspended until we get Miller back in Phantom Pain.

Also special thanks to Fedule for switching our thread tag to one of the newly implemented ones!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Good job Huey. You hosed up everything.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SSNeoman posted:

Good job Huey. You hosed up everything.

I forget if it was this episode or one of the next couple, but I mention this video. Huey you loving suck.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Wait, the GZ level is "tiny"? It seemed huge by MGS standards and compared to the types of games I play. Guess the TPP level(s) will blow me away?

Strange to see the tagging mechanic show up at the very very end of PW and then it's common from here out. Was that final battle really the only instance in which it shows up in PW?

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
:stonk: You sound so different with a better mic, I barely recognize your voice. What microphone did you pick up?

Edit: I know she just exploded but Pacifica Ocean...really?

Hrvstmn31 fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 19, 2016

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
There's a few things about GZ that bother me mechanics-wise.

1) The enemy marker remains the same color regardless of if they're pacified or not, and only shows if they're KO'd or asleep.
2) Enemies in GZ either take an extraordinarily long time to wake up from sleep or just don't at all. I've only ever seen an enemy wake up from being KO'd by CQC.
3) It's weird going from infinite-suppressor dart gun in GZ to crappy tiny-suppressor tranq gun in TPP.

Otherwise, it was a neat experience. Also, Dan, here's your reward for completing Ground Zeroes' main story. Maybe you can use it as the new red_panda_twittering.wav or for #yoloswag nonsense later, but all the same, I couldn't wait until MGSV to show this one. I can wait until MGSV to show off the even better remix though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYrh5h9acg8

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Hrvstmn31 posted:

:stonk: You sound so different with a better mic, I barely recognize your voice. What microphone did you pick up?

Yeah, I always thought that gravelly sound was actually part of your voice.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

pick-e posted:

Wait, the GZ level is "tiny"? It seemed huge by MGS standards and compared to the types of games I play. Guess the TPP level(s) will blow me away?

Strange to see the tagging mechanic show up at the very very end of PW and then it's common from here out. Was that final battle really the only instance in which it shows up in PW?

Camp Omega is 'tiny' for a single game I mean :v: Marking WAS in Peace Walker, but it was such a pain to do that we never bothered. It's also not as useful since the maps are a lot tinier than in GZ and PP.

Hrvstmn31 posted:

A blue yeti, although I totally forgot to get a pop filter, so things sound a bit shittier than I wanted :froggonk:

Unknown Quantity posted:

1) The enemy marker remains the same color regardless of if they're pacified or not, and only shows if they're KO'd or asleep.
2) Enemies in GZ either take an extraordinarily long time to wake up from sleep or just don't at all. I've only ever seen an enemy wake up from being KO'd by CQC.
3) It's weird going from infinite-suppressor dart gun in GZ to crappy tiny-suppressor tranq gun in TPP.

Yeah you can clearly tell that stuff was refined for PP, although the gun thing works thematically since Diamond Dogs doesn't have the resources MSF had :v:

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

Danaru posted:

A blue yeti, although I totally forgot to get a pop filter, so things sound a bit shittier than I wanted :froggonk:

Let me know what you get. I've had mine for a year and haven't gotten one yet, I do have my eye on this one however.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

[img]http://lpix.org/2431827/metal_gear_solid_ground_zeroes_logo[1].png[/img]

Let's Play MGSV Ground Zeroes Episode 2 - VIP

Ground Zeroes has uh, issues with draw distance sometimes. I don't remember them being quite this bad, or existing in Phantom Pain.

I miss a couple things you can unlock in Phantom Pain, but I already have a 100% completion file uploaded to the servers for PP, so I'll be using that. Generally I miss stuff because it's funnier the way I'm doing it :v:

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Missing stuff just reminds me (I haven't seen the video yet) of the hilarity of me getting my first S-Rank in Eliminate the Renegade Threat. I sprinted directly to the car the first guy gets into, shotgun him and get rid of his buddy, sprint to the gate where the other guy shows up, shotgun him as well, then steal his car and get out before anyone can process what happened.

I turned MGS into GTA :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Renegade Threat is a good mission.