Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irti0cumALI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Just saw a commercial for that new Rush Hour show on CBS, and boy howdy does that thing look awful. Awful and surprisingly cheap.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ShakeZula posted:

Just saw a commercial for that new Rush Hour show on CBS, and boy howdy does that thing look awful. Awful and surprisingly cheap.

Yeah, it's two people doing bad impersonations of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. None of the chemistry they had together. It feels like an SNL sketch.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The black guy's Chris Tucker impersonation seems more like a Chris Rock impersonation from the commercials.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

what the gently caress?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It is commonly agreed upon that seasons 2 and 3 of Deadwood are not as good as season 1.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yes about 3, but absolutely not about 2, which is pretty generally considered the best afaik

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Escobarbarian posted:

Are there any good shows right now for sheer nail-biting edge of your seat tension? Think Breaking Bad or the early seasons of Homeland. Seems to be a gap in the current TV landscape.

i know at least one of you is going to try to say the 100. please don't do that though
How to get away with murder

It's not as good as season 1 though

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Can anyone explain what this was all about? Some sort of Spanish language ninja show or something?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Black Sails is a whooooole lot better than I thought it would be.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Spent yday going through Moonbeam City on OnDemand

Its good! Its like Archer without all the constricting continuity plus an art designer gone mad. Its pretty as hell and the humor is perfectly irreverent and left field. Check it out.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
This season of Togetherness will be the last. story. Animals still going.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Kaizoku posted:

This season of Togetherness will be the last. story. Animals still going.

I've watched a couple episodes of Animals (Cats and Dogs) and I found them to be pretty drat funny, much better than I expected going in. Perfect choice when you want to burn 30 min without getting too invested. Try to identify all of the comedians providing voices; it's fun and totally doable as well

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Shageletic posted:

Spent yday going through Moonbeam City on OnDemand

Its good! Its like Archer without all the constricting continuity plus an art designer gone mad. Its pretty as hell and the humor is perfectly irreverent and left field. Check it out.

none of this is true

and i REALLY wanted to like it because i fuckin love patrick nagel's artwork and a whole show in that style, soaked in 80s tv show coke-filled culture with rob lowe and elizabeth banks and will forte as main characters sounds like Exactly My poo poo

instead it's an unfunny dull mess of the worst punchlines. i kept on giving it chances and trying to force myself to like it just because i loved the art style that goddamn much and the "comedy" is just that bad

stay the gently caress away from Moonbeam City

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

ShakeZula posted:

I dunno what's worse, what the show might become or the fact I might actually watch that show in good faith.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

timp posted:

I've watched a couple episodes of Animals (Cats and Dogs) and I found them to be pretty drat funny, much better than I expected going in. Perfect choice when you want to burn 30 min without getting too invested. Try to identify all of the comedians providing voices; it's fun and totally doable as well

I don't dislike Animals, but it doesn't do anything that gives me a reason to watch instead of listening to most of the same people on a higher quality podcast. When I've got the free time to waste, I'll likely watch it all in a block.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

timp posted:

Can anyone explain what this was all about? Some sort of Spanish language ninja show or something?

it's a spanish period drama with a ninja in it. you can watch it on netflix if you life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APEzzYXFfhs

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

none of this is true

Okay!

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Hope everyone had a great easter. Hey deadpool, did you wanna ban me?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Do we have a Trailer Park Boys thread?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Do we have a Trailer Park Boys thread?

Somewhat poetically, it is located in GBS.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

bring back old gbs posted:

Somewhat poetically, it is located in GBS.

Even Ricky is too smart for neo-GBS.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I will be permabanned soon. See you all in the next life my friends. :) Have been here for four years, and it's been a great ride.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

What the gently caress is your damage, Ravane.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I only saw one clip of Trailer Park Boys and it had some guy talking about eating like 20 cans of ravioli and it was loving great. I should probably watch it.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Ravane posted:

I will be permabanned soon. See you all in the next life my friends. :) Have been here for four years, and it's been a great ride.

Our long national nightmare is over.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

smg77 posted:

Our long national nightmare is over.

Someone-else got permabanned instead of me, so the nightmare is not quite over yet.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Famous last words I guess.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

X-O posted:

Famous last words I guess.
He tried the same thing in Games and nobody responded.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Well that's a shame, I kinda liked Ravane.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Well, at least he went out for a good cause.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Have watched the first 3 or 4 episodes of Bosch and it's pretty enjoyable, albeit generic most of the time. If I've liked it so far, will I continue to like it / like it more as it progresses and then goes into season 2? Or does it get worse over time?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Cael posted:

Have watched the first 3 or 4 episodes of Bosch and it's pretty enjoyable, albeit generic most of the time. If I've liked it so far, will I continue to like it / like it more as it progresses and then goes into season 2? Or does it get worse over time?

What little I've seen of season 2 is a huge improvement over 1, mainly because the serial killer drama in the first run drags the show down. Bosch is, oddly enough, at its finest when it's showing the minutiae of the job; the little conversations between characters, the small-scale politics of the environment...they all give it a zest that other procedurals lack. But it all gets swallowed up in the first season by the scale of Raynard Waits. Season 2 scales it back (if ever so slightly), and that lets the characters breathe a bit better.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

I think it was when Farrell visits his insane dad that he's told how he'll die in great detail.

Are there any good shows right now for sheer nail-biting edge of your seat tension? Think Breaking Bad or the early seasons of Homeland. Seems to be a gap in the current TV landscape.

i know at least one of you is going to try to say the 100. please don't do that though

The Americans is my first recommendation but Mad Dogs has heaps of Breaking Bad's "what else could go wrong now" vibes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is there any info about this new Motive show on USA? The teasers make it look very 'network' but wondering if there's anything more to it. Could be interesting, anyway.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Is there any info about this new Motive show on USA? The teasers make it look very 'network' but wondering if there's anything more to it. Could be interesting, anyway.

Interestingly, it's already had two seasons on ABC. I'm not sure if they're just going to air those episodes and then make new ones, or if they're just going to pick it up at Season 3.

The show isn't bad, very much a police procedural. The twist (we learn the identity of the victim and the killer at the start of each episode, and we get parallel storylines building up to and investigating the murder) is interesting and generally well-done.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's a Canadian show and I believe it is actually ended which is why it's weird that USA is treating it like a new thing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah I see! Yeah really made it out to be something brand new, sneaky USA.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, when I saw commercials for it I thought it was a new thing too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Cael posted:

There's a pretty bullshit cliche moment in season 2, but then the show almost immediately turns it around because instead of Bosch melting down, he does good cop work.
One of the bad guys kidnaps his ex-wife and daughter for reasons. but he gets them back within 20 minutes in show time (and in real time it couldn't have been more than six hours).
Bosch is refreshingly competent for a Cop Who Doesn't Play By the Rules.

Also Lance Reddick actually gets something to do in season 2, and holy poo poo. I knew the guy was a good actor, but....gently caress. I mean, drat.

• Locked thread