Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Had some fun late night/early morning MM. Overall skill level goes way down between the hours of 1am-6am CST and coupled with the fact that I'm somewhat out of it, makes for interesting games. Ran into a hacker in one game and it was hilarious, our team had good vibes and I was on a roll (just came off a 16-4 win where I went 30-4). Ended the game like 24-18, our top fragger was in the 30s and we won 16-14. The hacker somewhat attempted to hide the fact that he was hacking for a bit, but the last few rounds he just went wild using an auto (I'm unsure if he had aimbot, but he definitely had walls).

I don't understand how people with hacks can be so bad. For a bit during 1.6 I used hacks on the server my clan ran so that I could better spot hackers. It was stupid easy to hide the fact that I was using walls and/or aimbots, while also carrying teams to victory, but it also helped me to better spot hackers and keep our server clean. I was a LOT better at 1.6 than I am at CSGO, but seriously, if I used only wallhacks I could likely carry 95% of teams to victory without much trouble, information is just so huge in CS.

*edit* I'm also debating taking D2 out of my map pool. I generally queue overpass/d2/cache/mirage, but I'm starting to hit D2 too much, probably 70% of games, and I'm starting to lose my feel of the other maps because of it. It's weird but after not playing enough overpass (or any map really) I get slightly off on angles when coming around corners and miss nades by a slight bit, stuff like that.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
dust2 is a good map if you are better than your opponents thats why it sucks to play on if you are worse than your opponents'

4am cs is only way to play honestly

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The other bad thing about d2 is its the awp map and I hate playing awp so there's that

Is there a way to get matches played later than the ones listed in your matches? I want to make a video of the self immolating russians. It was so weird I'd like to have it saved.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 28, 2016

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Up Circle posted:

dust2 is a good map if you are better than your opponents thats why it sucks to play on if you are worse than your opponents'

4am cs is only way to play honestly

I don't mind the map itself, it's just it seems that the general maturity level of people who queue into dust2 majorly falls off a cliff and I just can't be bothered with it. Inferno is bad but dust2 is in my experience by far the worst for it.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

dust2 also has a lot of people who have basically just played dust2 for a decade and a half and can't play most other maps, which is boring.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

qhat posted:

general maturity level

playing a game where colorful pastel knives and having the mona lisa on a gun is cool

current year

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

dust2 also seems to disproportionately attract smurfs and the most toxic players the game has to offer

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

gigawhite posted:

dust2 also seems to disproportionately attract smurfs and the most toxic players the game has to offer

maybe because it's the most popular map in counter-strike: global offensive that everyone plays? i don't think that in itself would attract smurfs or toxic players, but if you are looking for excuses to pull a map i guess anything is possible! :henget:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My solo queue games on Newke have been pretty entertaining. A combination of people figuring out the new idiosyncrasies and sometimes still falling back on methods like going quick vent on T side

Forward we march into our deaths

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Awesome Welles posted:

falling back on methods like going quick vent on T side

I think this strategy actually works better than it did in old nuke as the timings are changed slightly and you can no longer watch squeaky from rafters, so a molly at the beginning of the round is the only way to consistently stop at least one guy from getting down there unless you have one of the best CT spawns

Unrelated...I am kind of a shitter with the AWP, but buying it to play A site on overpass (as CT) has made that map actually fun to play for me, whereas I pretty much hate it as a rifler. If you watch some of the pros like fallen/jw/skadoodle it's tons of fun trying to emulate that style alternating aggression with using the ins and outs of the bathrooms and long/dumpster area.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I leave for the major soon, I hope to have a bunch of fun inside info to share with you guys (info that won't get me in trouble of course) but fun info.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

real dilemma posted:

I think this strategy actually works better than it did in old nuke as the timings are changed slightly and you can no longer watch squeaky from rafters, so a molly at the beginning of the round is the only way to consistently stop at least one guy from getting down there unless you have one of the best CT spawns

Unrelated...I am kind of a shitter with the AWP, but buying it to play A site on overpass (as CT) has made that map actually fun to play for me, whereas I pretty much hate it as a rifler. If you watch some of the pros like fallen/jw/skadoodle it's tons of fun trying to emulate that style alternating aggression with using the ins and outs of the bathrooms and long/dumpster area.

Or get someone playing Mini, that guy can stop a 5-man Vent Rush no problem, unless it's me.

E: There are some really good smokes and flashes in that vid, thanks!

Unbound fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 28, 2016

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

real dilemma posted:

You might be right as at least two T's would make it down the vent consistently even when moving as fast possible from heaven as CT.

I still need to learn these smokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoCXAURW8TY

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Smithereens posted:

playing a game where colorful pastel knives and having the mona lisa on a gun is cool

current year

Okay? I just told why I don't like playing this one particular map and it doesn't seem like a bad reason.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Photex posted:

I leave for the major soon, I hope to have a bunch of fun inside info to share with you guys (info that won't get me in trouble of course) but fun info.

i hope you unravel the conspiracy of how flusha is sneaking in corrupted firmware keyboards

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I don't solo queue dust 2 because i'm guaranteed to play it when I queue with a group. solo Inferno/Mirage/Cache 4 life

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I don't solo queue

:agreed:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I live alone under a bridge so I have no choice

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

real dilemma posted:

yea this works every time right now on nuke. a guy can go to hut window and make the mini player play cautious while being somewhat safe from heaven, and his teammates can go straight at vents and make it every time unless t's got the worst possible spawns and cts got the best.

and holding outside is alot of work for cts too. new nuke good map

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I don't solo queue dust 2 because i'm guaranteed to play it when I queue with a group. solo Inferno/Mirage/Cache 4 life

+cobble and you're gold

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

qhat posted:

+cobble and you're gold

cbble generally ends poorly solo queue (in my experience)

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
teamwork and coordination maps in soloqueue oh boy sounds fun

inferno is cool unless you play against people who know how to play ct well.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Up Circle posted:

yeah inferno is another map that I like (kind of) but I won't solo queue into, because the high chance that, if you're T-side first, you will go 0-15, 1-14, or 2-13 is so high, and that will lose you the game (even if you win CT pistol, demoralization still takes effect)

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

gigawhite posted:

This is my experience as well. I've had a lot more fun and a lot fewer people making GBS threads it up in general since removing it from my map pool.

Up Circle posted:

Learn to smoke CT on B, molly sandbages/oranges. Even if their CT side is pretty good you can still do work on it. As long as there is at least one person on your team who isn't a pussy and likes to get entries.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Up Circle posted:

i hope you unravel the conspiracy of how flusha is sneaking in corrupted firmware keyboards

fun fact: i'm not even allowed to touch their peripherals, I believe each team has a handler (much like the DOTA2 major except this time we hope there won't be any lost keyboards)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

As long as my teammates aren't supremely stupid, I can usually convince them to play for a pick then push the weaker site. Rushing straight into site never works because nobody knows any smokes. My success on Mirage increased a ton once I learned how to smoke jungle and CT. Just doing one of those was enough to make an A rush go from suicidal to survivable.

But this is nova so most of them are stupid

MF_James
May 8, 2008

^-- CT smoke is huge, jungle I would say is next important. Also, if you have a molly, hitting either stairs or under palace makes taking the site a lot easier. If you're tunnel you can molly stairs pretty easy by banking it off the wall, and under palace you just toss from tetris, or down the ladder hole if you're palace guy.

fennesz posted:

Learn to smoke CT on B, molly sandbages/oranges. Even if their CT side is pretty good you can still do work on it. As long as there is at least one person on your team who isn't a pussy and likes to get entries.

I should probably perfect my CT smoke, but I'd also like to learn how to smoke spindles/construction

MF_James fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 28, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

MF_James posted:

I should probably perfect my CT smoke, but I'd also like to learn how to smoke spindles/construction

I used to learn a lot of set smokes but I switched res and never bothered to learn how to do them again. Literally all of my mirage smokes were useless after I switched. :effort:

I should really re-learn Mirage CT and B site window.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

MF_James posted:

^-- CT smoke is huge, jungle I would say is next important. Also, if you have a molly, hitting either stairs or under palace makes taking the site a lot easier. If you're tunnel you can molly stairs pretty easy by banking it off the wall, and under palace you just toss from tetris, or down the ladder hole if you're palace guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBFLR3zFeec

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Up Circle posted:

This is why I hate and love Inferno, if the cts can make everything take forever its an easy win for them and its the most anti-fun thing ever. I like playing t-side more than ct though.

fennesz posted:

Even if their CT side is pretty good you can still do work on it. As long as there is at least one person on your team who isn't a pussy and likes to get entries.

This is the problem in general. Everyone in soloqueue is a gigantic coward, except me, so they will wait till you get a pick to do anything and even if you get a pick its like a 1 in 2 chance they will continue to apply pressure after you get traded. That goes double for inferno. I played a d2 earlier tonight where I said there's only one playing long with an awp, I'll go first and you get him after I die and they all spoke enough English to understand but I run out, tag a little and they gently caress around in front of long enough time for him to get to ct and get another pick, like good loving luck with the 3v5.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Goofballs posted:

This is the problem in general. Everyone in soloqueue is a gigantic coward, except me, so they will wait till you get a pick to do anything and even if you get a pick its like a 1 in 2 chance they will continue to apply pressure after you get traded. That goes double for inferno.

Yep. I'm always up for an entry but my aim is mediocre on my best days and, holy gently caress, is it annoying when your teammates are too scared to even loving trade off of you. Especially when the guy uses all 20 rounds in his A1S and reloads.

#FirstWorldSoloQueueProblems

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I like this guy's videos better cause he goes slow enough for a retard like me to follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzWhRQN155w

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fennesz posted:

Yep. I'm always up for an entry but my aim is mediocre on my best days and, holy gently caress, is it annoying when your teammates are too scared to even loving trade off of you. Especially when the guy uses all 20 rounds in his A1S and reloads.

#FirstWorldSoloQueueProblems

You can solve this problem by always baiting your teammates instead.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Smoke/Mollys/Flashes for everything. Quick and easy gifs.

http://www.thewarmup.net/

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

sterster posted:

Smoke/Mollys/Flashes for everything. Quick and easy gifs.

http://www.thewarmup.net/

Whoa this is great.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
http://www.sothatwemaybefree.com

Little easier to use when you're in-game and dead because you hosed up a smoke.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
There are so many good resources nowadays for grenades and they're easy to learn there's no excuse to not know the most important ones.

"Hey does anyone else know the mirage smokes?"

*silence*

console quit

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

mcvey posted:

There are so many good resources nowadays for grenades and they're easy to learn there's no excuse to not know the most important ones.

*silence*

console quit

I haven't learned one single smoke since the game came out yet I am a GOD

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

mcvey posted:

*silence*

It's pretty amazing how common this is. Even if you do get 2 other guys who can smoke with you, there's always the one retard who runs up ramp at the start through the smoke that's always there and gets shredded by 3 different angles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I haven't learned one single smoke since the game came out yet I am a GOD

A god at winning the death cam race every round maybe