Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Waffleman_ posted:

Is Snow White even in this one?

If she is, it will probably just a cameo at the end. It's a prequel and well, there was some drama (feel free to ignore that link if you don't give a crap about showbizz).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

A Playstation original series:

Looks a bit like a take on the Watchmen cover. I didn't know that they were in the game, were the first episodes any good?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

They fired her when she slept with the director of the first one, but they say no that's totally not why.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Palpek posted:

Looks a bit like a take on the Watchmen cover. I didn't know that they were in the game, were the first episodes any good?

There's a game? Isn't this based off the comic book series written by Bendis?

Hell, I didn't even know they made a show of this. Has anyone seen this, yet? Powers is one of my favorite comic book runs, and if the show is poo poo I don't want to risk tainting that.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

flosofl posted:

There's a game? Isn't this based off the comic title written by Bendis?

Hell, I didn't even know they made a show of this. Has anyone seen this, yet? Powers is one of my favorite comic runs, and if the show is poo poo I don't want to risk tainting that.

I think he means "PSN is in the making online shows à la Nexflix/Amazon game" sense of game.

[e]: It took me a few re-reads to parse too :v:
VVV

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 27, 2016

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Pesky Splinter posted:

I think he means "PSN is in the making online shows à la Nexflix/Amazon game" sense of game.

Duh, of course. For some reason I read that as "actual game you play", but the other way makes more sense in context.

And yeah, I had no idea that PSN had started making original video content either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Powers had some people calling it terrible and some great. With like no middle ground.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Pesky Splinter posted:

The Girl in the Photograph

I don't know if it's just the film's title playing tricks on my mind, but that font and composition is really reminding me of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and the films aren't remotely related.

Movie looks bad but I like the premise that a Dov Charney/Terry Richardson-esque photographer is the inspiration for a creepy serial killer, because both those guys are super creeps.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Being released around the same time as Daredevil season 1 didn't help things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was also only on the PSN in the US.

In other regions it's all over the place. Some are through Viaplay, some are Crackle, some are other region specific places.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Waffleman_ posted:

According to the trailer, no.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Mierenneuker posted:

If she is, it will probably just a cameo at the end. It's a prequel and well, there was some drama (feel free to ignore that link if you don't give a crap about showbizz).

In a world full of Kristen Stewart being bad in movies her in Snow White was the worst I'd ever seen. It was like she barely knew there was a movie being filmed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, I'm sure the compelling character of The Huntsman will get people in the seats.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well, regardless of his acting or the writing, Hemsworth at least is one of those people that basically glows with charisma. Which made Kristin Stewart's black hole of personality all the more hilarious.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, I'm sure the compelling character of The Huntsman will get people in the seats.

MikeJF posted:

Well, regardless of his acting or the writing, Hemsworth at least is one of those people that basically glows with charisma. Which made Kristin Stewart's black hole of personality all the more hilarious.

Yeah, Hemsworth and Charlize were a few the things that made the movie enjoyable.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Desperado Bones posted:

Yeah, Hemsworth and Charlize were a few the things that made the movie enjoyable.

And those Kevin Francis Gray Sculptures I saw on tumblr / ffffffound. Those were cool. But yeah, that movie was pretty loving bad. I'm glad I went alone; I'd've been embarrassed if I dragged someone else to it. I just liked the idea of a woman in non sexy armor.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Palpek posted:

Wait, the second season is based off the first story arc? What the poo poo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pesky Splinter posted:

Torchwood was kinda amazing in how terrible it was; the second episode is literally about a cum-succubus who causes men to explode from orgasm.

It's one of the horniest nerd-shows I've ever seen, on top of being terrible.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Pesky Splinter posted:

Money Monster

It's curious how you immediately know it's Clooney even with most of his face covered. I wonder if it's the hair.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

gmq posted:

It's curious how you immediately know it's Clooney even with most of his face covered. I wonder if it's the hair.

It's the smirk.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Lurdiak posted:

Something you occasionally see leak out of major animation companies, particularly on children's shows, are storyboards/art of just stupidly obscene poo poo that they do as an outlet for all the feelings they have to rein in. I know there's one you can find online of Stu from Rugrats bursting into the scene drunk, shouting 'HEY BITCH, FRED FLINTSTONE'S HOME' and beating his wife.

I just mention that because I think that's what Torchwood accidentally was. It was the same team as Doctor Who, which is ultimately a family show, being told to make a something more adult and cutting a biiiiit too loose when doing so. I stopped watching around halfway through the first season (not because of the sex, surprisingly--I was a teenager, so I was quite willing to forgive it, it just kept getting hosed around by scheduling here in Australia) but apparently it got better after they got a lot of that out of their system.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Mar 27, 2016

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Allen Wren posted:

Wait, the second season is based off the first story arc? What the poo poo.

I presume they thought that the murder of Retro Girl would be more meaningful if anybody watching knew who Retro Girl was.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Actually, Favreau has said in interviews that they've changed Louie to the last surviving gigantopithacus.

That doesn't exactly make it more scientifically accurate.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lurdiak posted:

But the main character is pansexual so it's actually super progressive and enlightened and smart :smuggo:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Wedemeyer posted:

And those Kevin Francis Gray Sculptures I saw on tumblr / ffffffound. Those were cool. But yeah, that movie was pretty loving bad. I'm glad I went alone; I'd've been embarrassed if I dragged someone else to it. I just liked the idea of a woman in non sexy armor.

The mirror and the queen bathing in milk(?) were a good visual thing, I loved those scenes. I can't remember if I went alone or with my friends. If I went with my friends I'm pretty sure we did just because we tend to be juvenile about Hemsworth's hotness.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Cleretic posted:

Something you occasionally see leak out of major animation companies, particularly on children's shows, are storyboards/art of just stupidly obscene poo poo that they do as an outlet for all the feelings they have to rein in. I know there's one you can find online of Stu from Rugrats bursting into the scene drunk, shouting 'HEY BITCH, FRED FLINTSTONE'S HOME' and beating his wife.

I just mention that because I think that's what Torchwood accidentally was. It was the same team as Doctor Who, which is ultimately a family show, being told to make a something more adult and cutting a biiiiit too loose when doing so. I stopped watching around halfway through the first season (not because of the sex, surprisingly--I was a teenager, so I was quite willing to forgive it, it just kept getting hosed around by scheduling here in Australia) but apparently it got better after they got a lot of that out of their system.

Burn Gorman looks like a human frog and is still at the center of something like two or three bisexual love triangles.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

A political tv update.

A hope parody poster in tyool 2016:

It's the ants:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lurdiak posted:

Torchwood feels like a PG True Blood, which was nothing if not an unashamed gently caress fest.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Doublepost.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 27, 2016

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Palpek posted:

A political tv update.

A hope parody poster in tyool 2016:

While yeah, that's outdated, it captures the show pretty drat well.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
That is pretty much the perfect facial expression for what they are going for with that poster, so props to that.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

I can't get over how prominent Zac Efron's tits are.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Shneak posted:

Neither can I. :quagmire:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Shneak posted:

He looks like he's filled with man-milk.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pesky Splinter posted:

Don't Breathe

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

I like that

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

gmq posted:

It's the two really deep shadows on either side of his mouth.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Just a bunch of random stuff:

(Story of Asya Klyachina)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Pffft, where are the noses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU