Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Lets never lose contact. Make a steam group. Have reunions. Ocotpode can tell us how SC is right around the corner any time we want some fresh laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i made the people in the GOKU thread mad, apparently

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

KiddieGrinder posted:

Wanted to say that looks awesome and I love the LED sequence. Is that a Pi, Arduino, or custom stuff powering that?

Just an Arduino powering a string of WS2812 RGB LEDs.
They could've been just white LEDs, but this way i can make the tone shift slightly from warm to actinic white as it "warms up".

In the vid it's hooked up to an Arduino Uno i had lying on my desk, but the plan is to stuff something smaller inside the casing itself once it's finished.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beet Wagon posted:

The obvious parallel is the Titanic, but I like to think of CIG as the Britannic, who went down trying to bring hope to a bunch of invalids.

Plus I'd rather be thought of as the Kaiserliche Marine than an iceberg.

In all fairness to the Titanic they did at least finish it before it sank.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eonwe posted:

I see that. Well done, friend.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

so in "3 days" its April fools day and i have a feeling that D. Smart is just gonna post "gotcha!" on twitter

good.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Derek: do your Goondeyada before it's too late

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I think this is more Sandi's song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp1fQ51YZMM

Eonwe posted:

What kind of loving monster nukes the pink elephant?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

orcinus posted:

Just an Arduino powering a string of WS2812 RGB LEDs.
They could've been just white LEDs, but this way i can make the tone shift slightly from warm to actinic white as it "warms up".

In the vid it's hooked up to an Arduino Uno i had lying on my desk, but the plan is to stuff something smaller inside the casing itself once it's finished.

YOu can drive them with an attiny

http://www.instructables.com/id/Use-a-1-ATTiny-to-drive-addressable-RGB-LEDs/

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Holy poo poo man, nice one :golfclap:
I hope Peter Gabriel might use it for a final video. The cryptic lyrics could be aimed right at Chris and the etherial space rock music builds to that apocalyptic climax (better in the original track than the video version as it's extended.)

But alas, I'm still not ready to believe the end is here. It's been called too often and I'm paranoid about groupthink, given the ravages it makes of the spergosphere...

I'm holding out hope!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

It's truly horrible that Star Citizen fans can buy us avatars here and there's nothing we can do to prevent it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tooterfish, some of them think its super hilarious to tell me how fat they assume my wife is

i dont really get it, but they love it

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

If this is an April fools joke on Derek's part; close thread start a new one with new OP.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

It's truly horrible that Star Citizen fans can buy us avatars here and there's nothing we can do to prevent it.

nope, that was a goon

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sasaparriller, MoMA, Octopode, Seraph, and Loiosh, please report to the damage control area. This is not a drill, I repeat, this is not a drill. The BDSSE requires your services commandos.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
Mr. Derek do you think Erin is now a hero?

Also, 3 days deadline? Set by whom?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dusty Lens posted:

In all fairness to the Titanic they did at least finish it before it sank.

True. I know it wasn't a White Star Line ship, but the Vasa sank like 4500 feet into her maiden voyage. I think she was considered "complete" too though.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Somebody make Eonwe a new elephant avatar please and thanks

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Eonwe, you don't get me sometimes.

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

This better not be ending soon, I was gonna apply to become Eonwe's shitposting apprentice soon. It was going to be glorious.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Impressive.

Show us your Wing Commander props.

I... I... have none.
Do they sell any in JPEG format?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

so in "3 days" its April fools day and i have a feeling that D. Smart is just gonna post "gotcha!" on twitter
That would be an act of war. But hilarious trolling.

"Derek Smart, April 1st posted:

"Now that I have your attention, I am pleased to announce the latest build of my game. Does trollvertising work? JUST DID!"

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Eonwe posted:

I'm glad of it

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/714560049616695300

....hhhhmmmm......

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

:same:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Oh god have they accepted an offer from a publisher?

:f5: :f5: :f5:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

Eonwe, you don't get me sometimes.

ohhhhhh haha sorry yea I get it now

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

:aaaaa:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cocaine dad show posted:

I'm glad of it

i, also, am glad of it

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

:allears:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, CCP shot their marketing emails out about EVE Valkyrie's launch trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TmMIGOevis

Quick background for those that don't know what it is.

It's a VR focused video game taht was initially presented to the EVE community & video games in general back in 2013 as the result of a small dev team working on it during their 20% time (Google it). The following year CCP announced they were going to make it into a full game and it has since been tied to the Oculus Rift, Sony Morpheus, etc. with arguably the first ever VR game tournament held in 2015 (maybe 2014 I forget).

I look forward to the angry posting by the Citizens over it, and you should too.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Activision, Electronic Arts, Microsoft, Disney... don't know which one would make backers more salty.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress you guys, you are torpedoing my (almost non-existent) productivity to CIG-levels.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
New :tinfoil: Theory: revamping the dev forum is to introduce the community to the devs of an external publisher who have bought CIG. CIG had no choice because they were about to go bankrupt.

Homeless Santa posted:

We're going to be working out the details internally this week, which includes setting up a rotating schedule to get the gold-boxed responses in here from people that you're both familiar with, and some you perhaps haven't heard from before.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

sorla78 posted:

Activision, Electronic Arts, Microsoft, Disney... don't know which one would make backers more salty.

CCP, Frontier

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah he is.

Derek: your Twitter today has been wonderful.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

sorla78 posted:

Frontier Developments

EDIT: damnit trucutru

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
CIG has been nationalised by the UK Government, as it is too big to fail.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

sorla78 posted:

NCSoft or Daybreak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eviljack
Feb 26, 2016

You're getting hungry

A Neurotic Jew posted:

even if CIG declared bankruptcy tomorrow this thread would still be 1000s of posts from dead. There would be months, possibly years, of tears, autopsies, and confessionals to absorb for sustenance.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Holy poo poo man, nice one :golfclap:

Consider yourself a rookie with a whole world of shitposting ahead of you, this was a glorious battle that got you started, you were on the frontline of the big one, the one that everyone will be talking about....

You know what, you guys are right! Shitposting is more than just parpfaces and Ben jokes, or even an SA thread. It's a way of life.

• Locked thread