Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

dragon ball xenoverse and dqh and edf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Real hurthling! posted:

dragon ball xenoverse and dqh and edf

I forgot dqh existed for some reason.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

SectumSempra posted:

I forgot dqh existed for some reason.

I'm just finishing it. I liked it way more than I expected, since I'm not a Dynasty Warriors type guy. The charming characters and music go a long way.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
If it's not grindy I may give it a shot.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

If you need a good jrpg then Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth has BanchoLeomon and takes gameplay cues from SMT (i hear, dont normally play those) and Final Fantasy X.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SectumSempra posted:

If it's not grindy I may give it a shot.

its not grinding to see credits but if you want to beat the post game bosses saddle up

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Man the Call of Duty games are still expensive. I guess I'm better off fishing them out of a gamestop bargain bin. I just want to play their campaigns

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
DQH is only grindy if you want to platinum and even then it's not that bad because you don't grind so much as you hunt metal slimes. The grindiest stuff is getting all the items but there's a pretty reliable and simple method for getting shitloads of mini medals so even that isn't too bad.

EDF owns, but that's a real grind if you want to platinum. I'm at 56% mission completion and am approaching 300 hours of playtime.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm playing the new Senran Kagura and it's fun!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Man the Call of Duty games are still expensive. I guess I'm better off fishing them out of a gamestop bargain bin. I just want to play their campaigns

I put blops 3 in the SA Mart many months ago for $25 shipped and didn't get a sniff. Ended up trading it for credit

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Everyone should buy Yakuza 5 (and 4 too). It's good. :yum:

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Trojan Kaiju posted:

If you need a good jrpg then Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth has BanchoLeomon and takes gameplay cues from SMT (i hear, dont normally play those) and Final Fantasy X.

Yes it's very good, and if anyone's put off by the Digimon license it doesn't actually tie in to any of the shows/games at all (beyond the basic premise of a digital world), essentially it's just a sci-fi JRPG where all the monsters happen to be cute af

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Trojan Kaiju posted:

FFX-2 is better than X

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Infamous 2 is so, so much better than SS. Sure, there are only the power sets, but I think the overall structure of those powers is more fun... Plus a plot that had more than a small handful of missions.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Skychrono posted:

Infamous 2 is so, so much better than SS. Sure, there are only the power sets, but I think the overall structure of those powers is more fun... Plus a plot that had more than a small handful of missions.

I'm torn with Second Son. I really like it, and I feel like they could've integrated the other powers a bit better, but at the same time I like having one dedicated set of powers at a time. 2 had the problem of powers being locked in to a certain moral choice tree. Trying to play through the game a second time as evil and losing that ice jump completely changed the game for me. If I had been able to use whichever power I wanted whenever I wanted, it wouldn't have been a problem. Second Son almost solves that, but goes about it in a way that isn't as enjoyable as it could be.

If they manage to do a thing where a single source can power whichever power, or that each type of source powers just a single pool of energy, then I think things can be improved. If they can manage a similar level of improvement to that between Infamous 1 and 2, then I'm really looking forward to Second Second Son.

e: I also really liked Delsin as a protagonist, and I hope he's back in the next one.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
SS was good but in many ways it did feel like a huge step back from Infamous 2. The game was really good looking and having multiple powers was fun, but Infamous 2 just had such a more interesting city, the powers were more in depth and gave more choice and the story was better and gave two of the best endings I've seen in a game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Skychrono posted:

nah. 1 was a bad game. 2 was not much better. SS is fun and solid. this is objective. do not reply on this subject again. good day.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

axleblaze posted:

SS was good but in many ways it did feel like a huge step back from Infamous 2. The game was really good looking and having multiple powers was fun, but Infamous 2 just had such a more interesting city, the powers were more in depth and gave more choice and the story was better and gave two of the best endings I've seen in a game.

I don't think it was that big of a step, since the gameplay was still pretty solid. Infamous 2 benefited from having an established character with a concluding story, and the good ending is pretty genuinely the first ending to a game to make me feel something in a long while.

I think the thing with Second Son was sort of the problem with the first Infamous, where a lot of it was distracted with side activities a doodad collection. If there's a sequel to Second Son, it'll likely be a lot tighter.

Stux posted:

nah. 1 was a bad game. 2 was not much better. SS is fun and solid. this is objective. do not reply on this subject again. good day.

How dare you.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
PS+ only really needs 3-4 good games a year to be "worth" it. That being said, it's been bad enough in my opinion that instead of auto resubbing I let my subscription run out and used that 1 day of PS+ code to cheese the last two months games and even though I have a code for another year I'm not going to use it until May 2nd for the same kind of situation.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Coming from Xbox where the live service roughly costs the same and didn't give anyone free games every month and was just there to allow you to play online, let me just tell you that you sound like big whiny babies when you complain about the games they are giving away. Cancel your loving subscription if you're not happy with it.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

housefly posted:

Coming from Xbox where the live service roughly costs the same and didn't give anyone free games every month and was just there to allow you to play online, let me just tell you that you sound like big whiny babies when you complain about the games they are giving away. Cancel your loving subscription if you're not happy with it.
We are literally complaining that Xbox gets better free games recently in addition to backwards compatible ones, what the gently caress

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
People say there hasn't been a good game since Rocket League but between them and now there's been Grim Fandango, Broken Age, Helldivers, Super Time a Force, Grow Home, Lara Croft and The Temple of Osiris, Super Meat Boy and Teslagrad. Like maybe you don't like all those games and maybe you already owned some of them but that's still hardly a lovely bunch of games.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotten enough free stuff from Plus in the years that it wasn't a requirement that I'm okay with the offers right now, especially since it's across 3 platforms that I own now. It's actually sort of fascinating how much of my Vita library is stuff I got for free on Plus.

e: I guess things might be worse for a new subscriber than a day-one Plus adopter, but I guess I can't exactly comment on that.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

We are literally complaining that Xbox gets better free games recently in addition to backwards compatible ones, what the gently caress

except theyre almost all games that were on plus years ago

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Volfogg posted:

3 too, even though it's a pain to find now and it has a really slow opening act.

Buy all the Yakuzas, even Dead Souls (it's okay for wanting to cash in on the zombie fad)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stux posted:

except theyre almost all games that were on plus years ago

I'd like the PS4 version of Sherlock Holmes because the PS3 one ran like poo poo.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

axleblaze posted:

People say there hasn't been a good game since Rocket League but between them and now there's been Grim Fandango, Broken Age, Helldivers, Super Time a Force, Grow Home, Lara Croft and The Temple of Osiris, Super Meat Boy and Teslagrad. Like maybe you don't like all those games and maybe you already owned some of them but that's still hardly a lovely bunch of games.

These are usually people who have a PC and/or an Xbox One as well and have either already gotten most of the PS+ stuff with GWG on Xbox or bought it on Steam for less than 5 bucks.

I stopped complaining about the PS+ games when i realised i was that guy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

These are usually people who have a PC and/or an Xbox One as well and have either already gotten most of the PS+ stuff with GWG on Xbox or bought it on Steam for less than 5 bucks.

I stopped complaining about the PS+ games when i realised i was that guy.

Yeah dont buy indies. They will be free on vita in 10 months

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

I've only played singleplayer ps4 games so I haven't ever bought ps+.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Syrinxx posted:

I took a year or two off after the 360 and have zero recollection of that system getting freebie games with a live subscription. That was either a way late cycle add or new to the xbone.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Baal posted:

I'm playing the new Senran Kagura and it's fun!

Is it good on Vita? I need privacy.

Really not a fan of Shinovi Versus and know for sure this is just Shinovi Versus with more lewd poo poo in it but it's probably still okay.
Also is this the end of the franchise?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

housefly posted:

I took a year or two off after the 360 and have zero recollection of that system getting freebie games with a live subscription. That was either a way late cycle add or new to the xbone.
It was late and it was a pretty lovely selection overall for a while but now it's four games a month playable on Xbox One and they're usually pretty drat good - even if some of them were given away with PS+ years ago, the big difference is they're now all playable on the current console.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 28, 2016

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

No. A new game is expected to be announced at some point this year.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Volfogg posted:

This is a good post. If you never played a game in the series before, 4 comes with some videos that recap the previous games and that's not even super necessary either because the stories are self contained for the most part.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I bought Peggle 2 for $1.50 on the last US flash sale. Colour me surprised when I went to install it today to see it takes a whooping 5 GB. Those sure are some large textures and big fat videos for a puzzle game whose predecessor takes like 80 MB on both PC and mobile.

Not as weird learning Dragon Quest Heroes has absolutely no co-op whatsoever, local or online. My friend who got into musou games by playing co-op Hyrule Warriors at my home brings in a brand new copy of DQH because I told him it would be the same thing but DQ-themed and, lo and behold, we spend way too long trying to find an option somewhere only for me to go "well, this is getting silly, let me check on the Internet real quick". Booo, what a wasted opportunity.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akuma posted:

It was late and it was a pretty lovely selection overall for a while but now it's four games a month playable on Xbox One and they're usually pretty drat good - even if some of them were given away with PS+ years ago, the big difference is they're now all playable on the current console.

Wow...someone owns an xb1!!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is it good on Vita? I need privacy.

Really not a fan of Shinovi Versus and know for sure this is just Shinovi Versus with more lewd poo poo in it but it's probably still okay.

Idk, but it runs at 60fps on PS4, I think Vita is 30. That's probably the only big difference, really.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

As long as that cool/horrible Tron lines they added when you transform happen in the Vita version.

Also Should I care about DLC? America isn't getting all of it and once I'm done with the single player story I don't see myself playing it again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

I bought Peggle 2 for $1.50 on the last US flash sale. Colour me surprised when I went to install it today to see it takes a whooping 5 GB. Those sure are some large textures and big fat videos for a puzzle game whose predecessor takes like 80 MB on both PC and mobile.

Not as weird learning Dragon Quest Heroes has absolutely no co-op whatsoever, local or online. My friend who got into musou games by playing co-op Hyrule Warriors at my home brings in a brand new copy of DQH because I told him it would be the same thing but DQ-themed and, lo and behold, we spend way too long trying to find an option somewhere only for me to go "well, this is getting silly, let me check on the Internet real quick". Booo, what a wasted opportunity.

I believe the sequel has co-op, so at least they addressed the issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

As long as that cool/horrible Tron lines they added when you transform happen in the Vita version.

Also Should I care about DLC? America isn't getting all of it and once I'm done with the single player story I don't see myself playing it again

Not really, I think the only DLC they're not releasing is the Ikkitousen stuff they can't license for whatever reason. Which includes a couple of extra characters unfortunately but eh.

• Locked thread