Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

is that zangief

oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
First they give ryu a beard now they took gief's away, what's next? Are they going to give chun li's thighs to dhalsim?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

VoidBurger posted:

-The Walking Dead when Lee died, but then the series got laughably awful immediately after that.
While Season 2 was mostly mediocre as gently caress and utterly inferior to Season 1, the ending where Clem goes to live in Wellington and has to say goodbye to Kenny was actually great and made me tear up.

Some of your examples had me cry but here's some of my own.

Planescape Torment's Ending
NIER- Emil's death
Dreamfall/Dreamfall Chapters- April's death
Ghost Trick's ending
Blackwell Epiphany's ending
Rule of Rose's Final Chapter

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Playing "You're The Inspiration" in Elite Beat Agents makes me cry. I always have to get perfects in that level because the little girl and her mom need to be happy.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Broseph Brostar posted:

First they give ryu a beard now they took gief's away, what's next? Are they going to give chun li's thighs to dhalsim?

my fetish

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Skeezy posted:

Playing "You're The Inspiration" in Elite Beat Agents makes me cry. I always have to get perfects in that level because the little girl and her mom need to be happy.

yeah this one makes me weep like a baby too I'm so dumb

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Accordion Man posted:

While Season 2 was mostly mediocre as gently caress and utterly inferior to Season 1
The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 5 was so bad that I sounded drunk in my highlight reel of the stream I did of it (I was stone cold sober.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk-GGJX8tjE

If someone in your party is dumb enough to have eaten glass BEFORE the zombie apocalypse, think of how dumb they are DURING the zombie apocalypse.

VoidBurger fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 28, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Lady Naga posted:

yeah this one makes me weep like a baby too I'm so dumb

Welp looks like you pissed someone off Naga. Man it's been a while since I've seen someone red text you.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
And I was just getting used to the blue woman, too. Dang

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
noice. at least this time it isn't about dumbass dota thread drama

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Well then, let's start. I've enjoyed Chrono Trigger, and I look forward to the upcoming PS4/Vita game I am Setsuna which looks to have similar mechanics.

But no, I genuinely think that. I am Setsuna looks like a cool RPG.

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 29, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

redtexts are such a waste of time and money lmao

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I am greatly enjoying this Shantae: Risky's Revenge game and am looking forward to the next one, so thanks chat thread!

I'm calling it a day on A Link Between Worlds though, I'm just not having fun with it as of the first Dark World dungeon and I really don't know why :(

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I don't appreciate the ableist slur but w/e

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I am greatly enjoying this Shantae: Risky's Revenge game and am looking forward to the next one, so thanks chat thread!

I'm calling it a day on A Link Between Worlds though, I'm just not having fun with it as of the first Dark World dungeon and I really don't know why :(
I'm about midway through the dark world, and so far the dungeons are all pretty different, so maybe try another one.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm about midway through the dark world, and so far the dungeons are all pretty different, so maybe try another one.

I'll give it a try b ut honestly the whole thing has just been kinda blah so far. It kind of frustrates me that I can't really pin down what I don't like, too (the rental system doesn't bug me anymore so it's not that). :shrug:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

So I thought I was almost done with smtiv, but now I've discovered a big lovely roadblock named Beelzebub :bang:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I'll give it a try b ut honestly the whole thing has just been kinda blah so far. It kind of frustrates me that I can't really pin down what I don't like, too (the rental system doesn't bug me anymore so it's not that). :shrug:
Maybe you're not that into 2D Zeldas.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Possible! Hell of a drastic taste change on my part because I devoured Link to the Past, Link's Awakening and the Oracle games.

Oh well! Plenty of other games in the sea!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

:frogon:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Ciaphas posted:

Possible! Hell of a drastic taste change on my part because I devoured Link to the Past, Link's Awakening and the Oracle games.

It's pretty good but it didn't leave much of an impression on me either and I love 2D Zeldas.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
shantae is cute & cool

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I've only ever played risky's revenge but I enjoyed it even tho it is like super short

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ciaphas posted:

A pity, I'd say ALBW has the best gameplay of any Zelda game to date. 2-D has always been where the franchise thrives. But I loved LTTP to pieces at that.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Broseph Brostar posted:

So I thought I was almost done with smtiv, but now I've discovered a big lovely roadblock named Beelzebub :bang:

Best thing about SMT--and it's in 4 as well--is that stacking resists and absorbs against bosses means you trigger the big "gently caress you" switch that spams the neutral all-damage spell repeatedly per round, because making the game too easy is not allowed anymore :allears:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

I've only ever played risky's revenge but I enjoyed it even tho it is like super short

Pirate's Curse is also short and has a cool NG+ mode that starts you with every movement upgrade and let's you break the sequence as much as you want. You could beat the game in like 90 minutes on NG+ without even trying to speed run or anything

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Mistle posted:

Best thing about SMT--and it's in 4 as well--is that stacking resists and absorbs against bosses means you trigger the big "gently caress you" switch that spams the neutral all-damage spell repeatedly per round, because making the game too easy is not allowed anymore :allears:

Beelzebub is the boss you have to force to spam his big gently caress you almighty attack because the other attack is somehow worse than unmitigatable bullshit.

Also he's after a fucker that sprays you with aids, and if you try to clean up the aids he'll cast instant death repeatedly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only thing I didn't like about the third Shantae game is that the damage boost items seemed kind of worthless, they only added a single point of damage for each one so enemies that took two hits at the start of the game still took two hits at the end. I guess you killed bosses slightly quicker with them though.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

one family

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Nice red text naga.

A little late, but the only glaring problem I had with Jessica Jones was that Luke Cage stole the show every time he showed up.

Also lolled at 8 bit scholar acting like he knows more about trauma victims and deep psychological issues like depression and self blame than someone who is brave enough to be openly trans in the US.

Back to games, played like two hours and spent like six hours modding FO4.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Nasgate posted:

Nice red text naga.

It is no more

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nasgate posted:

Also lolled at 8 bit scholar acting like he knows more about trauma victims and deep psychological issues like depression and self blame than someone who is brave enough to be openly trans in the US.

You can be an expert on whatever you want, that doesn't change the fact that I thought Jessica was spineless and didn't sympathize much with her character. It sucks that bad things happened to her, but this in no way excuses the poor choices she makes. That's literally all I said. I'm not really interested in attacking anyone's personal life or whatever, it's irrelevant to the point. If my disliking Jessica Jones is in your mind a broader statement on my position about trauma victims, then you're grossly overstating my point to a hyperbolic extreme.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I thought Jessica was spineless and didn't sympathize much with her character.

This is a personal problem.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lady Naga posted:

This is a personal problem.

It's an opinion.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It's an opinion.

Not being able to empathise with trauma victims real or fake is a personal failing.

Like if you see a homeless person in a film, and you call him a lazy piece of poo poo even as he's freezing to death outside, that is very much a "you" problem, not the film's.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Hyrule Warriors Legends is all I want to play for the immediate future, chat thread weirdos. I thought you should know about that.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Hyrule Warriors Legends is all I want to play for the immediate future, chat thread weirdos. I thought you should know about that.

Any particular goodness to report?

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
The game is loving good and Linkle is the best and I always make dumb explosion sounds with my mouth when I'm playing as her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

8-Bit Scholar posted:

You can be an expert on whatever you want, that doesn't change the fact that I thought Jessica was spineless and didn't sympathize much with her character. It sucks that bad things happened to her, but this in no way excuses the poor choices she makes. That's literally all I said. I'm not really interested in attacking anyone's personal life or whatever, it's irrelevant to the point. If my disliking Jessica Jones is in your mind a broader statement on my position about trauma victims, then you're grossly overstating my point to a hyperbolic extreme.

Aren't you one of those dudes posting up a storm in GBS about how Political Correctness Gone Mad is destroying America because something something MILLENNIALS :argh:

• Locked thread