Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Tollymain posted:

idk if her conduct in the last page counts as not actually doing anything wrong
It's not actual villainy, to a degree that might justify Poppy leaping in and uppercutting somebody, she's just being super bitchy to her stepdaughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Tollymain posted:

idk if her conduct in the last page counts as not actually doing anything wrong

Well, she's being an rear end, but she's trying to get a cure for her husbands instead of just stealing his authority like the standard evil stepmother, and she hasn't murdered anybody who didn't try to murder her first.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

I've found Colleen Frakes' "Skookum": http://www.colleenfrakes.com/post/117314732566/pg-1-a-beginning and it's a pretty good comic that's got one complete chapter up (100-ish pages).

And also it's Colleen Frakes, so you know it's going to be good.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

Well, she's being an rear end, but she's trying to get a cure for her husbands instead of just stealing his authority like the standard evil stepmother, and she hasn't murdered anybody who didn't try to murder her first.

i thought tree powers sun queen was the king's husband, IDK what this lady's deal is

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Treequeen McGardenpants is Kit's sister and King Renard's older daughter, while Veil Hectatits is their stepmother and perhaps a bit too rude to the girl who's probably the only one capable of saving her husband, two-year turnaround time or not.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

darthbob88 posted:

It's not actual villainy, to a degree that might justify Poppy leaping in and uppercutting somebody, she's just being super bitchy to her stepdaughter.

Tbh I think we've gone way past super bitchy at this point. This is out and out verbal abuse, and I somehow doubt this is the first time in Kit's life that this woman has done this to her.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
In Vattu the older lizard kid appears to have found himself a black market mentor.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Parts Kit posted:

In Vattu the older lizard kid appears to have found himself a black market mentor.

shady curlicue head guy rules and I can't wait for the other shoe to drop on whatever absolutely horrible poo poo he's up to

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Oh, wait, those are two different women? I assumed it was the same woman changed into a more discreet outfit for a quiet dinner.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

Oh, wait, those are two different women? I assumed it was the same woman changed into a more discreet outfit for a quiet dinner.

But then where would the ape go

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Wicked Stepmother was also sitting right next to Kit while Vix was springing killer gorillas from her sleeve.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Then the first thing Kit's stepmom said to Kit was a comment on the color of the leaves that Kit can't see, and now she's angry at Kit for not finding a cure for cancer. She's a real piece of work.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
look if somebody grabbed my friend by the face while talking to them like that i'd probably consider it grounds for an uppercutting

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in other news, dr mcninja is going out with a boss rush story and boy is it something

first stop, mime town

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I love that this is a callback to literally the very first Dr McNinja comic ever made. I'm fairly certain it wasn't even on the website until later.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
To think that if Dr McNinja had never caught on enough to worry about C&Ds, the first stage of this boss fight would be literally Ronald McDonald.

Which would make the color scheme of these caves very different.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wilde life's next chapter looks promising

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, and homestuck's back

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Homestuck returning with implied Jack-rear end pun, firm schedule.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tollymain posted:

oh, and homestuck's back

Uuuugghhh whyyy

I don't even remember anything about what's going on. I said this after the last two mega pauses but this time I'm serious, I don't have clue. There was that code poo poo? Time travelling Terezi? I don't know if that was the very last thing though.

Just, gently caress reading it all again. I haven't booted up my PC in months, and the comic is so flash heavy and dependent on webpage formatting that mobile reading is basically impossible.

Also I'm employed now and no longer critically depressed, so I don't really have the time or inclination to spend hours and days at a time sat in front of a monitor clicking buttons (unless I'm at work :v: but really not even then)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
escape is so near

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Tollymain posted:

escape is so near

You said that four years ago.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did i? well, past me was simpler and more trusting; surely present me is correct!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Homestuck is over 6000 pages long, not counting the length of all the Flash stuff. That is beyond impenetrable.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Homestuck is over 6000 pages long, not counting the length of all the Flash stuff. That is beyond impenetrable.

For what it's worth your icon is literally the longest work of fiction done by a single author. It's not anime territory yet.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

mycot posted:

For what it's worth your icon is literally the longest work of fiction done by a single author. It's not anime territory yet.

I thought the longest single work was a Super Smash Bros Brawl fanfic?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

mycot posted:

The irony is not lost on me.

Also One Piece doesn't take THAT long to read through. A while, sure, but not Homestuck long. It's pretty easy to skim through.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

fritz posted:

I've found Colleen Frakes' "Skookum": http://www.colleenfrakes.com/post/117314732566/pg-1-a-beginning and it's a pretty good comic that's got one complete chapter up (100-ish pages).

And also it's Colleen Frakes, so you know it's going to be good.

the worst thing about tumblr as a comic host is that clicking on a page doesn't go to the next page, but rather to the image you clicked on.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

It would be nice if Homestuck all got collected into a nice ZIP file with all the games updated and the videos made over into HTML5 for modern browsers. I don't know how much easier that would make it to read.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lol just imagine the poor fucker who tries to read homestuck from the beginning, in 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"...what the gently caress is Flash?"

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I still remember when Homestuck was only supposed to last a year and be better paced than Problem Sleuth.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I like Homestuck and am glad it's back. Am I a bad person?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

you guys are just trying to trick me into loading mspaint adventures again and see the same page it's been stuck at for a year.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

readingatwork posted:

I like Homestuck and am glad it's back. Am I a bad person?

not morally but maybe in the quality control sense

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Every time I think of trying to read Homestuck I remember I'm still not in the mood to try and decipher 16 kinds of bullshit 1337speak in various eye-damaging colours.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Homestuck is a blight and the world is a better place without it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I need a new av.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
In Demon news, things are just about at the climax, and I'm pretty certain Jimmy's plan is going off without a hitch. Trick Hunter into bringing every demon to the castle, then deorbit a satellite directly on top of it. Check and Mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Captain Bravo posted:

In Demon news, things are just about at the climax, and I'm pretty certain Jimmy's plan is going off without a hitch. Trick Hunter into bringing every demon to the castle, then deorbit a satellite directly on top of it. Check and Mate.

That still doesn't actually stop the coup.

Then again, given that they spent all this time figuring out how to be Siamese twins and pegleg murderers and gave no thought to what they'd do when they actually reached Hunter, I don't think they really care.

• Locked thread