Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

If I'm going that far, INT Perfect Cell is the +30%. That said, PHY Cell doesn't have Revival, and INT Perfect Cell doesn't have Gentleman, so the link is kind of lost there. PHY Cell seems to have been forgotten by link creators.

Oh, right, forgot about Cell's leader skill, he's obviously better as lead. PHY Perfect Cell is still one of your best PHY cards (and one of the best in general) since you can't run both SSG Gokus. Either SSJ Gohan could work, too. SSJ Vegeta is a liability in the tournament, he doesn't do enough damage.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I forgot about this handy little tool.. http://dbz.space/box/GWindborn

Is PHY Cell really better than SSJ Vegeta? Literally every stat is higher on Vegeta. PHY Gohan at least has a maxed Super, but my Cell is only 3 SA.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Is PHY Cell really better than SSJ Vegeta? Literally every stat is higher on Vegeta. PHY Gohan at least has a maxed Super, but my Cell is only 3 SA.

Can't see the link, only accessible by you I'm guessing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Can't see the link, only accessible by you I'm guessing.

Try again, I fiddled with a setting. Let me know so I know it's working.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

You're forgetting his passive. Cell rolls up to the line with 1100 more attack before links. Vegeta can top it of he hits his links, but only barely. Vegeta's passive is really good, but not for the tournament. Offense is king since you only have the three rounds.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 28, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

You're forgetting his passive. Cell rolls up to the line with 1100 more attack before links. Vegeta can top it of he hits his links, but only barely. Vegeta's passive is really good, but not for the tournament. Offense is king since you only have the three rounds.

I'd take SSJ Vegeta any day over Cell. Tournament is all about getting as many points as possible and Vegeta has 10 additional team cost.

INT Cell, AGL SSG Goku, STR Beerus, SSJ Vegeta, TEQ FF Freeza, TEQ Vegito. Even without any links, Vegeta will hit 8500 ATK at 100%, thanks to Cells leader skill, which is more than enough to oneshot every INT unit in the game.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Echophonic posted:

We don't really have any of the cards that synergize well with Golden Frieza yet (the key one being Gotenks), but that seems like a solid enough team if those are your best AGL cards. Kid Trunks pairs quite nicely if you're setting up a bomb. Remember that the item order for an AGL nuke is PHY INT TEQ AGL.

I'd just slowly replace cards on that team with better AGLs as you get them. Notable SRs to look for include Dabura, SSJ Bardock, Goku, and Master Roshi (to Dokkan). Obviously, any SSR will make the cut, with a bias towards ones that improve super attacks with a passive.

Thanks for this. I've wanted SSJ Bardock since I first saw him, I used to run R Bardock just because I love the character so much.

Gonna write down that item order. Never considered just using a ton of items on a hard boss.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Wuxi posted:

I'd take SSJ Vegeta any day over Cell. Tournament is all about getting as many points as possible and Vegeta has 10 additional team cost.

INT Cell, AGL SSG Goku, STR Beerus, SSJ Vegeta, TEQ FF Freeza, TEQ Vegito. Even without any links, Vegeta will hit 8500 ATK at 100%, thanks to Cells leader skill, which is more than enough to oneshot every INT unit in the game.

What does a higher team point level get me? This is the first tournament I'm starting from the beginning, when I came back from my break it was halfway into the third.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I want to post my character list but I don't know how to take a fancy screenshot like all of you, please help

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

What does a higher team point level get me? This is the first tournament I'm starting from the beginning, when I came back from my break it was halfway into the third.

You'll fight stronger teams and get more points if your team is higher valued. That's why you want an all-UR team if possible.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Basically, your team cost impacts the teams you face. How many points you get for a given KO is based on the rarity of the unit. Having a higher team cost means you only see UR teams for maximum points. However, if you run UR Perfect Cell, it's kind of a moot point, I think. I think I saw one SSR* while running my LR Broly team last time.

Wuxi is probably right about SSJ Vegeta. He almost certainly won't get a kill on a neutral hit, like the kind you'd do to stop someone from doing damage, but he can take down INT units just fine.

Agoat posted:

Thanks for this. I've wanted SSJ Bardock since I first saw him, I used to run R Bardock just because I love the character so much.

Gonna write down that item order. Never considered just using a ton of items on a hard boss.

It's just the reverse of the advantage circle. You just don't use the item of the type your leader is strong against. You can do some crazy poo poo.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

I want to post my character list but I don't know how to take a fancy screenshot like all of you, please help

In Android devices, you usually hold the power + volume down buttons to make screenshots.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Ross Angeles posted:

You're phone can't take screenshots? IDK how it works on android but on iPhone you just hold down the power button and the other button.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I use an emulator so I just gyazo it :v:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I went ahead and tried to use the Dokkan Team Builder and just cannot figure out how to tell who would be an 'optimized' team: bit.ly/1MNWpes

There is no way that link would work without a shortener!

Currently I use:

Any advice would be awesome. I can SS my box if that would be more helpful than the team builder link. I didn't bother to include anything under Awakened to SSR's.

I did however find a few natural SSR's that I simply haven't awakened -_- Most likely due to missing Int medals. ( SHEN :argh: )

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I went ahead and tried to use the Dokkan Team Builder and just cannot figure out how to tell who would be an 'optimized' team: bit.ly/1MNWpes

There is no way that link would work without a shortener!

Currently I use:

Any advice would be awesome. I can SS my box if that would be more helpful than the team builder link. I didn't bother to include anything under Awakened to SSR's.

I did however find a few natural SSR's that I simply haven't awakened -_- Most likely due to missing Int medals. ( SHEN :argh: )

Sadly the Team Builder doesn't tell me whats already awakened, buuut:

PHY Majin Buu Leader, TEQ Final Form Freeza, AGL SSJ2 Goku, AGL Muten Roshi (Max Power), INT SSJ Gohan (Teen), INT SSJ Trunks (Future)

would be my team. Your STR cards are all big fat turds, so just roll with a 4-type team and try to roll with STR friends (shouldn't be hard, SSJ3 Gokus are everywhere besides Echos box)

Everyone besides Buu and maybe Roshi is very self-sufficent and shouldn't have any problems killing anything. Ki support is decent with 3 Ki passives + Roshi + Golden Warrior, so you should super relatively often

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Wuxi posted:

(shouldn't be hard, SSJ3 Gokus are everywhere besides Echos box)

:eyepop:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Wuxi posted:

Sadly the Team Builder doesn't tell me whats already awakened, buuut:

PHY Majin Buu Leader, TEQ Final Form Freeza, AGL SSJ2 Goku, AGL Muten Roshi (Max Power), INT SSJ Gohan (Teen), INT SSJ Trunks (Future)

would be my team. Your STR cards are all big fat turds, so just roll with a 4-type team and try to roll with STR friends (shouldn't be hard, SSJ3 Gokus are everywhere besides Echos box)

Everyone besides Buu and maybe Roshi is very self-sufficent and shouldn't have any problems killing anything. Ki support is decent with 3 Ki passives + Roshi + Golden Warrior, so you should super relatively often

Thanks for the advice! I'll start rolling with that team in general and see what I can do for now.

Of those only Trunks/Final Form Frieza are not awakened. Frieza needs bloody Mr. Popo of all things, and Trunks needs more of Shen of course! Plenty of time ( Like a week at least ) before the tournament so it's a non-issue to awaken and force feed crap to them to max them out.

Maybe as a side project I'll look into creating something like PADHerder for Dokkan since it doesn't seem that there is a simple box display of dudes yet. :( The whole links stuff is problematic though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It took me a while to get around to awakening Final Form Frieza, but I didn't regret it once I did.

You also have the option of INT SSJ Adult Gohan over Teen Gohan. It's one of those burst vs. consistency things. Teen's going to throw more supers, but Adult's are going to be way better.

Also? Harsh, Wuxi. Harsh.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Awakening Final Form Frieza makes him lose Shocking Speed, though. He's no slouch, even without the golden upgrade.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I would generally use INT Teen Gohan instead of INT Adult Gohan for the WT unless you need a +25% leader.

The ability to hit the 100% ki threshold consistently (along with a slightly higher base ATK) makes INT Teen Gohan better in the WT scenario. Even with a ki heavy team, you'll get supers more consistently with INT Teen Gohan.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Awakening Final Form Frieza makes him lose Shocking Speed, though. He's no slouch, even without the golden upgrade.

I just meant Z-Awaken. Especially now that I have both natural INT and AGL.

ChronoReverse posted:

I would generally use INT Teen Gohan instead of INT Adult Gohan for the WT unless you need a +25% leader.

The ability to hit the 100% ki threshold consistently (along with a slightly higher base ATK) makes INT Teen Gohan better in the WT scenario. Even with a ki heavy team, you'll get supers more consistently with INT Teen Gohan.

Yeah, for the world tournament, you want Teen Gohan's consistency. For breaking faces in events, though, Adult Gohan's worth considering. That's basically what I was saying, since DR was looking for a general team.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, for the world tournament, you want Teen Gohan's consistency. For breaking faces in events, though, Adult Gohan's worth considering. That's basically what I was saying, since DR was looking for a general team.

Aha, I didn't read very carefully. INT Adult Gohan is definitely far better for strong bosses. That +70% to supers is enormous and he has supreme damage too.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Cool, I rolled the new SR STR SSJ Gohan. He fits neatly into my STR team, replacing SR STR Master Roshi nicely. Extreme super, too.

Also, obviously, links other than kamehameha that work with a super saiyan team.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I finally put all my cards into a tinyurl too. It'd be nice if there were a better way that wasn't taking screen caps.
http://tinyurl.com/hrvxk3b

Squallege fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 29, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

ChronoReverse posted:

Aha, I didn't read very carefully. INT Adult Gohan is definitely far better for strong bosses. That +70% to supers is enormous and he has supreme damage too.

Good to know.

I really miss the event where every medal quest was available all week. :( Did some Agi medal runs just in case because I'm always low on medals!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I was set for medals for so long that I stopped running them. Now I'm out of most Bronze and White. drat shame.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I wanted the WT for the GSSR ticket so I could use all these medals that I have. I guess it's delayed to next month now.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So what does it mean when you summon and the text turns rainbow-colored? I thought it meant a character being advertised was certain, but that seems not to be the case.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So what does it mean when you summon and the text turns rainbow-colored? I thought it meant a character being advertised was certain, but that seems not to be the case.

I think it did, but the recent major update changed how those are generated. I've gotten a bunch of SSRs, but not a single SSJ3 Goku banner in the summon animation, they've all been SSJ1 Bye Guys or SSJ2 pulls.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The rainbow practically means nothing now.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

On my ipad the animations were all over the place and don't mean anything, however on my nexus it seems to follow a pattern. As in if I get rainbow text I definitely get a banner character.

This is for single pulls as well. Multipull animations just don't work for me.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Per Reddit, we should supposedly be getting the Failed Gotenks event on 4/2, along with the Gotenks summon banner. Time to buy more stones.. :sigh:

Forgive me, future child.. your father has no self control.. which is part of why you're being born in the first place.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Is the summon gotenks the next level 120 card? I think I should start saving my stones for those and +2 all cards.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

zelah posted:

Is the summon gotenks the next level 120 card? I think I should start saving my stones for those and +2 all cards.

Nah, the next Dokkan is Kid Buu (AGL and a new PHY). Gotenks doesn't even have an SSJ version yet in Japan. However, Gotenks is a Ki +2 all leader.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Echophonic posted:

Nah, the next Dokkan is Kid Buu (AGL and a new PHY). Gotenks doesn't even have an SSJ version yet in Japan. However, Gotenks is a Ki +2 all leader.

Gotenks has a +10% per orb passive. Is it a self-only passive or a broken one like the new crop of SSB cards?

Also some guy said he got 915,000 damage on a normal strength enemy using an all-blue carpet bomb with Gotenks and the AGL golden Frieza as leader

Just to give you an idea of how ridiculous these cards get, and how f2p people will never get into the top 5k after this next tournament probably

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Echophonic posted:

SSJ Gotenks came out as a little while ago, and he's listed as top tier but I'm not sure what his passive does exactly.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 29, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

visceril posted:

Gotenks has a +10% per orb passive. Is it a self-only passive or a broken one like the new crop of SSB cards?

Also some guy said he got 915,000 damage on a normal strength enemy using an all-blue carpet bomb with Gotenks and the AGL golden Frieza as leader

Just to give you an idea of how ridiculous these cards get, and how f2p people will never get into the top 5k after this next tournament probably

Self-only passive. Has no bearing on the WT though. It's only the Broly's that break it.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

visceril posted:

In JPN you need ~17million points to get the tournament SSR, which is ~100 wins with a full UR team. Without Broly you need to commit more time, sure, but nothing is stopping you from getting top 5000.

I'd actually say that concentrating in the tournament and grinding rank in between is the best way to min-max your F2P account (if you're that kind of guy), since a investment of 10(if you are rank 210+) - 70 (if lower) stones will get you 3 garantueed SSR per tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, I've complained long and hard about my main account but it still wasn't difficult (relatively) to get top 5000 last tourney and half my team were grindable URs.

I did take advantage of double EXP events to push my stamina to 118+ so that my dragonstone stamina refills were optimal which makes the biggest difference. Other than that, I just used Broly friends whenever I could to speed up my tournament.