Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lady Naga posted:

Not being able to empathise with trauma victims real or fake is a personal failing.

Not liking a character =/= a lack of empathy. Sorry, am I obligated to like Jessica Jones as a character just because she was a victim of trauma? You're making this connection that somehow I am unable to empathize with her simply because I didn't much care for her. I do empathize, and it's awful what's happened to her, but that doesn't mean I have to like everything she does or even her as a person, which I don't, for the reasons I explained. You have been trying to twist my opinion for the past three pages, and the fact you feel a need to try and attack or "expose" or otherwise defame me or whatever character flaws you think I have, based solely on the fact that we differ on opinion about television show characters, demonstrates lack of ability or desire to even engage in the most basic of discussions.

gently caress, Batman is a victim of trauma but that doesn't mean I like him in the new movie any more either. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

It is no more

Is that a character from something, or oc?

Also good choice, stone ocean right?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Guy Mann posted:

Aren't you one of those dudes posting up a storm in GBS about how Political Correctness Gone Mad is destroying America because something something MILLENNIALS :argh:

He literally thought that "Media has failed if it gives a horrible person everything they want without any consequences" meant "censor all media featuring bad people"

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Not liking a character =/= a lack of empathy. Sorry, am I obligated to like Jessica Jones as a character just because she was a victim of trauma? You're making this connection that somehow I am unable to empathize with her simply because I didn't much care for her. I do empathize, and it's awful what's happened to her, but that doesn't mean I have to like everything she does or even her as a person, which I don't, for the reasons I explained.

This is the point. There are at least two characters that explicitly call out her behaviour. However, the one that knows her personally also doesn't consider it a personal failing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I wish they had kept the actual having to do patterns in Shantae to pull off the dances rather than just holding down the button. I understand that after awhile it got annoying, especially given how often you had to transform, but I wish they had figured out some sort of middle ground rather than just throwing the mechanic out.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Nasgate posted:

It's just the girly way to react to the posts in this thread

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lady Naga posted:

He literally thought that "Media has failed if it gives a horrible person everything they want without any consequences" meant "censor all media featuring bad people"

Lol, you said that media had an obligation to present some sort of moral balance to things, like you can't have a narrative where the villain wins. Not my fault you wrote the original post weirdly and that I was among three or four people who arrived at the same conclusion, but why let a few facts ruin a good row?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Nasgate posted:

It's my character Lady Naga

her pose in this image is based off of Jolyne's JoJo pose yeah

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Lol, you said that media had an obligation to present some sort of moral balance to things, like you can't have a narrative where the villain wins. Not my fault you wrote the original post weirdly and that I was among three or four people who arrived at the same conclusion, but why let a few facts ruin a good row?

Aiden Pearce is not the villain of Watch_Dogs though.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Guys I'm about to go home and enjoy some local multiplayer games with friends, I hope I don't get upset over something broken in Moon Hunterseverybody has a nice Monday evening.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
"This person was forced to do illicit acts and murder people while watching through a body she can't control. She needs to suck it up and get over it."

It's funny you mention batman. He's had like twenty years to deal with his trauma and still struggles with it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The worst part about moving is having to make new friends all over again :(

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Posters have unique avatar personas now? What is this, late-90s GamePro magazine?!

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
admit it, most of you read my posts in brittany murphy's voice

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Any particular goodness to report?

Electric Lady posted:

The game is loving good and Linkle is the best and I always make dumb explosion sounds with my mouth when I'm playing as her.

Yeah the game is just a really satisfying feedback loop of murdering thousands of dudes to earn more stuff and then fine tuning the character and the stuff and earning better, more ridiculous stuff until you have all of it and you will never have all of it. And then there's all the Zelda series fan service on top of it. And the ridiculous poo poo like Linkle with her dual machine crossbows and the Great Fairy bottle and Tingle throwing bombs around. It's just a very fun satisfying game and I love it.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Instant Sunrise posted:

I don't read your posts.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lady Naga posted:

It's my character Lady Naga

her pose in this image is based off of Jolyne's JoJo pose yeah

:geno:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lady Naga posted:

This is the point. There are at least two characters that explicitly call out her behaviour. However, the one that knows her personally also doesn't consider it a personal failing.

Regardless, I felt that the characters who called her out were right and Jones doesn't seem to learn from any of her mistakes and just repeats them endlessly. It made for a tedious protagonist to watch and dull television, particularly since the show doesn't even have the confidence in its own script to let the drama unfold. A good example, in the third episode IIRC, they have to do a super slow motion "look what you've done!" moment for Jones as she walks past the drug addict who she used to gain access to the hospital, a character we'd literally just met maybe an episode ago and whose introduction was "weird drugged out guy who sleeps in Jessica's apartment when she's not home". Now we're supposed to care that Jessica hurt this guy's feelings? Oh, turns out six episodes later we learn that they have more history than that, a fair bit late for that earlier scene to have much impact; yet they try to force it to by slowing everything down and playing the sad music and it's very artificial because at present Jessica doing sneaky things to get info is the norm and this guy is somebody we don't know and don't care about.

Nasgate posted:

"This person was forced to do illicit acts and murder people while watching through a body she can't control. She needs to suck it up and get over it."

It's funny you mention batman. He's had like twenty years to deal with his trauma and still struggles with it.

Which I never said, lol. Sorry I didn't like your TV waifu, she appreciates your earnest defense.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Alligators are cooler than snakes, anyways.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

Posters have unique avatar personas now? What is this, late-90s GamePro magazine?!

I am this dog.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I wish I could be half as cool as Janelle Monae. :smith:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Electric Lady posted:

I wish I could be half as cool as Janelle Monae. :smith:

Don't we all.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

What are people's opinions on torchlight 2? Bout to play it with some friends, but I'm going in totally blind, so idk if there's anything I should know before playing.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Skeezy posted:

I am this dog.

Greetings, space corgi.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dad Jokes posted:

What are people's opinions on torchlight 2? Bout to play it with some friends, but I'm going in totally blind, so idk if there's anything I should know before playing.

play as embermage and spam your basic homing projectile. I liked Torchlight 2 lots before Diablo 3 reinvented itself on consoles but a lot of Torchlight abilities are OP and chaotic as gently caress. It's still pretty fun though.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Hell, same.

I played like four hours of Warframe today, AMA

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 29, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hey facts are utensils, is talking about the DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball thing ok or does it count as violating that GG rule?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
tbh doax3 looks awful so who even cares

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't DOAX3 basically given out for free or whatever 'cause it's so poo poo?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

tbh doax3 looks awful so who even cares

Well I'd like to be able to share something funny with regards to the situation without getting probated.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Well I'd like to be able to share something funny with regards to the situation without getting probated.

He who dares wins, Lurdiak.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It is easier to seek permission than pay 10 dollars to rereg.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
How do people rent games these days? I just want to play a few days over the weekend, not pay another monthly subscription. I used to be a Gamefly guy ten years ago but I can't afford that anymore.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Craptacular! posted:

How do people rent games these days? I just want to play a few days over the weekend, not pay another monthly subscription. I used to be a Gamefly guy ten years ago but I can't afford that anymore.

Redbox?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I missed out on Lady Naga's big red text, awwww

Instant Sunrise posted:

... yep.

Lurdiak posted:

Sometimes you just gotta take the probation. I'm guessing it's GG nonsense and I'm down.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

bloodychill posted:

I missed out on Lady Naga's big red text, awwww

It was overly mean, I think. Not feel good funny.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Re: crying, I cried like a little baby at the end of TLOU Summer and again during the escape because I didn't like what Joel was doing but I knew why he was doing it and I was torn up inside and thee giraffe wallpaper in the pediatric wing oh god

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It was overly mean, I think. Not feel good funny.

That blows.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I need to open up my XB1 controller to see if I can figure out why down on the dpad only works sporadically (like it'll rapidfire if I hold it down, like the contact is shaky or something).

What the gently caress is this torx poo poo, what the hell is wrong with phillips or even flat head

God damnit

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I bought a bunch of stupid tiny screwdrivers so I'd never have to feel like that again about electronics.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

bloodychill posted:

Re: crying, I cried like a little baby at the end of TLOU Summer and again during the escape because I didn't like what Joel was doing but I knew why he was doing it and I was torn up inside and thee giraffe wallpaper in the pediatric wing oh god.

The big test though is did you shoot any/all of the doctors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Meh, they don't have that Digimon game for PS4. Or anything that isn't Triple-A Hollywoodesque stuff.

• Locked thread