Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm still heartbroken about the ikkitousen chars, but at least Ayane made it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Saoshyant posted:

Not as weird learning Dragon Quest Heroes has absolutely no co-op whatsoever, local or online. My friend who got into musou games by playing co-op Hyrule Warriors at my home brings in a brand new copy of DQH because I told him it would be the same thing but DQ-themed and, lo and behold, we spend way too long trying to find an option somewhere only for me to go "well, this is getting silly, let me check on the Internet real quick". Booo, what a wasted opportunity.

Wow, what the hell. I mean poo poo, I think all the Dynasty Warrior games have coop, so that's kind of crazy.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Mayor McCheese posted:

Wow, what the hell. I mean poo poo, I think all the Dynasty Warrior games have coop, so that's kind of crazy.

The first Dynasty Warrior game in North America is a fighting game. Just a plain old one on one fighting game, with no co-op at all.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mayor McCheese posted:

Heroes 2 has co-op

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
There are a few musou games that don't have coop at all. It's not common but it's not unprecedented. This is why you make sure the game has the feature you want before buying.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

The first Dynasty Warrior game in North America is a fighting game. Just a plain old one on one fighting game, with no co-op at all.

a lot of character have a huge spear and the gameplay is basically just trading half screen pokes most of the time. the series went in the correct direction

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I remember playing it after Tekken 2, Tobal No. 1, and Soul Blade. I couldn't return it fast enough. Jeff Gertsmann seems to enjoy it, though!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

Wow...someone owns an xb1!!!
I'll be honest, I only got it to preserve the continuity of my 360 Destiny characters.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

April Playstation Plus free games announced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bQ9hfRhdm8

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Grey posted:

Was tempted to do a "boo want my money back" post before watching it, but am glad I didn't. :allears:

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
A triple A game and an indie racing game? Hell yeah!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Skychrono posted:

A triple A game and an indie racing game? Hell yeah!
gently caress yea! A very famous racing game that you can use for fundraising events! That's both generous and conscientious.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Backwards compatibility confirmed

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I can't believe I'll get to play two old classics on the PS4 next month.

When I was a child I read a hobby magazine hyping up ET. It included instructions for making your own atari controller. For ET.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The Grey posted:

God damnit, I just bought both of these last week :(

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

axleblaze posted:

God damnit, I just bought both of these last week :(
stupid landfill always having flash sales just before a game goes digital. how do they know!?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am laughing now so hard at ET, good poo poo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akuma posted:

I'll be honest, I only got it to preserve the continuity of my 360 Destiny characters.

It always did seem weird and lovely that bunjie stores all your character info online but wont let you cross platforms with it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Crossing the streams is dangerous

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Getting an MGS sale this week.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Someone said awhile ago that there was still a way to filter which consoles' sales you want to see on the PSN Store. How do you do that, and why on Earth would they remove the option of doing it from the main page?

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

barren_sky posted:

Someone said awhile ago that there was still a way to filter which consoles' sales you want to see on the PSN Store. How do you do that, and why on Earth would they remove the option of doing it from the main page?

i still see it

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Yoya posted:

i still see it

lol! Oh Christ, it was just moved to the bottom of the margin!

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Am I crazy or is there no way to buy Infamous 1 by itself? I have to buy the collection (which normally wouldn't be an issue, but I already own everything else!)

What the hell, Sony?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

RadicalR posted:

Am I crazy or is there no way to buy Infamous 1 by itself? I have to buy the collection (which normally wouldn't be an issue, but I already own everything else!)

What the hell, Sony?

That's weird. I know that I have a digital copy, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't still exist.

e: Maybe you have to buy it in-game from the demo? Or from the Plus-exclusive full-game trial? I have no idea how I got it otherwise.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SpacePig posted:

That's weird. I know that I have a digital copy, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't still exist.

Probably the digital copy from the Welcome Back program. I think they might delisted the first game and made it a bundle after the second game was out for a while.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
When you mentioned the Welcome Back program, I decided to check my Downloads list (through PSDLE).

I'm a massive idiot. Thanks for the help! PSDLE is a godsend.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Is there any reason the the PS3 version of Joust is no longer purchasable on the store? I own it, but my sister is trying to buy a copy for her PS3 and can't find it in the store. Even looking in the web store doesn't give a purchase option.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Is there any reason the the PS3 version of Joust is no longer purchasable on the store? I own it, but my sister is trying to buy a copy for her PS3 and can't find it in the store. Even looking in the web store doesn't give a purchase option.

Midway games were removed from the store like eight years ago when they went under.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, this might be an expensive week for me. A bunch of stuff that looks interesting got added (Chronicles of Teddy, No Time To Explain, UnEpic) and a bunch more I'm interested in is on sale (Layers of Fear, Not a Hero Tron run/r). Now I'm not gonna get all that but my wallet also isn't getting through this unscathed

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

wa27 posted:

Midway games were removed from the store like eight years ago when they went under.

Welp. I didn't know that happened. Fair enough!

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

SpacePig posted:

Welp. I didn't know that happened. Fair enough!

If all she wants to do is play arcade Joust on her PS3 then there is the Midway Arcade Origins disc.

Apparently, Smash TV still has the bug from the Treasures release where the music cuts out for no reason until you continue, but I don't remember hearing about any other big problems with the emulation on it.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

axleblaze posted:

Man, this might be an expensive week for me. A bunch of stuff that looks interesting got added (Chronicles of Teddy, No Time To Explain, UnEpic) and a bunch more I'm interested in is on sale (Layers of Fear, Not a Hero Tron run/r). Now I'm not gonna get all that but my wallet also isn't getting through this unscathed

I would have considered the Tron game if it went on sale in the UK, but I find it pretty obnoxious that this sort of game has a "season pass" and all sorts of different editions (on top of the ingame currency micro-but-not-actually-that-microtransactions). Just seems wrong for the genre and model (and I'm not someone who has an issue paying for games). Is the whole thing on sale or just the base game?

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 29, 2016

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Gravy Jones posted:

I would have considered the Tron game if it went on sale in the UK, but I find it pretty obnoxious that this sort of game has a "season pass" and all sorts of different editions (on top of the ingame currency micro-but-not-actually-that-microtransactions). Just seems wrong for the genre and model (and I'm not someone who has an issue paying for games). Is the whole thing on sale or just the base game?

Both. The base game is $10 and the game with everything is $15.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If anyone is buying Senran Kagura DLC this week:

DLC Mega Pack 2 had a gently caress up. The EU version gets all the content of the NA version, while the NA version is missing DLC that was supposed to be sold separately in the EU version.

If you're in Europe, buy the Mega Pack to get the character and mission packs. They will be removing Ayame and a mission pack.

If you're in the US and bought the Mega Pack, don't buy Ayame or the mission pack. They will be added next week.

marquis27
Nov 9, 2003
beware the marquis
There is an Unravel Demo!

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/unravel-demo/cid=UP0006-CUSA02685_00-UNRAVELTRIAL0000

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mayor McCheese posted:

The stupidest part of this is that you have a 4 person party at all times when playing this game

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

PS+:
PS4
Dead Star
Zombi (U)

PS3
I Am Alive
Savage Moon

Vita
Shutshimi
A Virus Named Tom

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

barren_sky posted:

PS+:
PS4
Dead Star
Zombi (U)

PS3
I Am Alive
Savage Moon

Vita
Shutshimi
A Virus Named Tom

Oh cool id play but never pay for zombi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Ha, I already got I am Alive when they put it up accidentally last month.

ZombiU I actually own for the Wii U, but never beat it.

• Locked thread