Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Dracula Factory posted:

I sure hope that looks better in the live version, cuz wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 29, 2016

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Ken is the worst looking design in SFV by far, though, true.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
ken looks like he just stepped out of the sims 3

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Real hurthling! posted:

Lol every trial is a loving jump in. Wtf are they doing

And I've been telling myself I'd learn a thing or two when Challenge Mode came out. poo poo.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I really can't believe how terrible almost everything is from a technical perspective. It takes me a minute of loading screens to do anything, ranked / casual drops connections often, lobbies are poo poo. Jesus fuckin christ this game needed 3 more months dev time minimum.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I really can't believe how terrible almost everything is from a technical perspective. It takes me a minute of loading screens to do anything, ranked / casual drops connections often, lobbies are poo poo. Jesus fuckin christ this game needed 3 more months dev time minimum.

play Pokken

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

Lol every trial is a loving jump in. Wtf are they doing

I mean

that's how you get damage in SFV

look at 4th place marn

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Zand posted:

play Pokken

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I've never completed trials for characters in any gamnes. I've finished 2 already here in like 10 minutes

Also if you want to LOL check out combo 8 for rashid and look at how specific the combo they are teaching you is, from spacing to height etc.

Sf x tk was bad but it was more polished then this game.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Gunder posted:

They're still better than SFIV's challenges iirc.

Vipers challenges literally covered all of her tech.
Juri's did a decent job too.

I know it gives e-cred to poo poo on sf4 for everything, but yeah this is literally one of the few places it's better than sf5 hands down.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I can't believe how much Pokken has taken over my FG practice time, like wow, it actually works. I haven't touched this game since Pokken came out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you get zero fm until you fully clear a character's challenges. dumb as gently caress

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dias posted:

I mean

that's how you get damage in SFV

look at 4th place marn

nono i don't wanna look at marn no you cant make me

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

you get zero fm until you fully clear a character's challenges. dumb as gently caress

They're easy enough that it might just be ok.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Why would you offer a tutorial, but not let the player, you know, play? :psyduck:

Not even that, but the character tutorials just cover some (but not all) specials and V-Trigger. Developing any kind of gameplan is just impossible with these, they're just good for some Streetbux.

e: ok V-Skill too, my bad

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 29, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SectumSempra posted:

They're easy enough that it might just be ok.

sure but they give you 1500 for watching a demo vid and can't shell out anything for landing an actual combo

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

You also get fight money for playing the game outside lobbies

The store also STILL hasn't been implemented.

The game literally loaded for over a minute between matches.

While it should give you fight money for just interacting with it at this point, i imagine giving you fight money might make its poor infrastructure collapse.

Pc people didn't know, ps4 sf5 only had in-game notifications (i.e. invites) that you couldn't get if you were doing poo poo like chatting on psn.

That was added. so one step towards features sf4 had on launch.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 29, 2016

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

IDK why, but this patch has made the loadtimes skyrocket for me. 2-3 minutes to load a ranked match.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

I was having loading issues too on PC - and every match I played tonight was a stuttering laggy mess. I mean that was already a large percentage of my games, but EVERY match tonight suffered from rollback. Did the update actually make it worse somehow? What's the general consensus on online play now?

Even with lovely rollback, that rematch feature is great.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

does the laura alt have gi pants or is she wearing underwear or some poo poo

cause waist up it looks like the concept art where she has gi pants, but the model looks like she's wearing a speedo.

GIVE ME PANTS

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

S.J. posted:

Did someone post a link to a PC trainer somewhere in the thread?

I can get you the PC trainer zip. IDK if it will work with the current version of the game though. I haven't tried it.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Is direct input in for PC?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

cams posted:

cause waist up it looks like the concept art where she has gi pants, but the model looks like she's wearing a speedo.

GIVE ME PANTS

Look, Brazil is still quite poor, not all of us can afford pants, please understand Laura's lack of clothing as the reflection of economic issues and structural problems that mostly affect people of color in this country.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

cams posted:

GIVE ME PANTS

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Rofl if the host leaves the lobby while spectating it kicks those players back to the lobby.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
This update is just loving garbage. Trials are awful, not challenging or useful. Tutorials are just lazy demos, they might as well have just shown a block of text with half-assed art from Bengus as a background.

Lobbies are awful and somehow if you magically don't get disconnected, you have to wait for the next opponent to fully load the lobby menu (which shouldn't take so long) because it sets you to unready if you try.

I bet KOF XIV will be a more polished and better game.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this is, so far, my biggest problem with street fighter v

edit: okay, i GUESS she did have this outfit in a concept art, but i know there was a similar one with gi pants that looked so much better

even these shorts are more mma shorts looking. alt is underwear. bah

cams fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Mar 29, 2016

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Laura's never wearing pants, is she

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

ZenVulgarity posted:

Do you not have a couch

Roommate is on the couch, lol. I'll PM you.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

cams
Mar 28, 2003

tbh, if he has a color that makes him look like rock howard, i will play ken.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

cams posted:

tbh, if he has a color that makes him look like rock howard, i will play ken.

I wonder if giving him classic mullet hair would've made him look too much like Terry Bogard from Garou.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Baby can't do Ryu's trial #7 (j.HP, c.HP, DP xx CA). A friend taught me a shortcut to cancelling into super from a fireball (just do another fireball), but I can't remember if it works cancelling a DP too. I guess my execution needs work before anything else, because I sure like hitting punch at 3 instead of 6 for fireballs/super when I'm trying to rush it out.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

apple posted:

Laura's never wearing pants, is she

she has pants in her main outfit

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

enojy posted:

Baby can't do Ryu's trial #7 (j.HP, c.HP, DP xx CA). A friend taught me a shortcut to cancelling into super from a fireball (just do another fireball), but I can't remember if it works cancelling a DP too. I guess my execution needs work before anything else, because I sure like hitting punch at 3 instead of 6 for fireballs/super when I'm trying to rush it out.

You can basically just spin the joystick in the down forward area and eventually get super, I get it by accident all the time when trying to do a DP from down-back.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
all of lauras alts will forever have cammy-toe

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ken, related to that chick from Game of Thrones.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

enojy posted:

just mash dp motion and hp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

SectumSempra posted:

she has pants in her main outfit

Aren't they more like assless chaps worn over short? All very traditional Brazilian wear, I'm assuming. :v: