Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
Apparently only certain hair models can curl the hair up or poof it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Stupid question that's probably been asked a thousand times, but what is the difference between the Valkyrie and the Warrior? I mean, I can see the skill differences in video, but in terms of how you play the character and their usefulness in a group setting, that's what I don't get.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

nessin posted:

Stupid question that's probably been asked a thousand times, but what is the difference between the Valkyrie and the Warrior? I mean, I can see the skill differences in video, but in terms of how you play the character and their usefulness in a group setting, that's what I don't get.

One is captain america and the other is a warrior.

Hobo Colossus
Aug 13, 2010

A gentleman and a scholar

Werkwerk posted:

Gorgeous! Can you make her hands smaller though - she's that close to perfection.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

nessin posted:

comparing it to MMO archetypes:

valkyrie plays like a paladin; it a couple some ranged abilities, is very defensive and tanky, and can kinda heal/support
warrior plays like a warrior; a bit more mobile, almost all melee, and has great harass potential.

ThEnema
Sep 27, 2013

Blitzball, yah?
So what is the end game balance looking like right now? Any classes that I should avoid playing? I hear things like wizards can't really take care of themselves and sorcs are op but this is random word around the internet.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

There are neither universally good nor universally bad classes, play whatever you like. Average person crying about wizard is crying that it's inconvenient to hammer nails with a bicycle.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Werkwerk posted:

Add this to op.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:laffo:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCTJVJLS4T0

quote:

Daum Games today announced that Black Desert Online will be expanded with the huge Mediah region, tons of new quests, fierce bosses, and more as early as tomorrow, March 30

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well that was sooner than expected, though quite welcome. More content is great.

Though I have yet to even grab all the exploration nodes in our current game world. It's huge! And it's getting bigger.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Well gently caress me then, guilty as charged. It'll be great to see 1% of players go ahead and seize the advantage while I study. Too soon, in my opinion, too soon.

Edit: As a sidenote, I'm mildly amused by people crying about enchanting gear past +15. There are no known cases of +20 anything on Russian regions with the exception of superwhales who bought their way through the system, whereas pubbie hivemind is already crying about +20 vs +15. Sure, even +17 will be more than a difference, but :lol: if anyone will have an honest way to their +20s en masse before the fall comes, presuming we don't get enchantment success rate raised for some unfathomable reason.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 29, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'd make a comment about demand for Urbanstones going up because of Mediah but honestly I don't think demand even went down in the first place.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kalstrams posted:

Well gently caress me then, guilty as charged. It'll be great to see 1% of players go ahead and seize the advantage while I study. Too soon, in my opinion, too soon.

Edit: As a sidenote, I'm mildly amused by people crying about enchanting gear past +15. There are no known cases of +20 anything on Russian regions with the exception of superwhales who bought their way through the system, whereas pubbie hivemind is already crying about +20 vs +15. Sure, even +17 will be more than a difference, but :lol: if anyone will have an honest way to their +20s en masse before the fall comes, presuming we don't get enchantment success rate raised for some unfathomable reason.

You underestimate the tenacity of the wallet.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

You underestimate the tenacity of the wallet.
Whose wallet, developers'?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kalstrams posted:

Whose wallet, developers'?

Everyone's

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I told you they were going to fastrack content. I'm guessing valencia by early late spring/early summer and valencia 2.0 with most awakened weapons by late summer/early fall.g

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, wasn't Russia caught up within 5 months? And NA/EU were supposed to catch up even sooner, so Mediah within a month makes sense if they plan to have Valencia out within like 3-4.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Clocks posted:

Yeah, wasn't Russia caught up within 5 months? And NA/EU were supposed to catch up even sooner, so Mediah within a month makes sense if they plan to have Valencia out within like 3-4.

Nah, I think it was just the fist part of valencia. The big valencia 2.0 update came out in dicember in korea and I dont think thats out in russia yet. It'll take a while to come out here, but I'm thinking we'll get it with most if not all awakened weapons right as it comes out.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah, Russia has only Valencia Part 1, getting it ~5 months after soft release.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, "caught up" was the wrong term to use, my bad.

Russian version came out in October and they got Valencia (1.0) in the beginning of March. I think they got Mediah very late Nov or early December maybe? So us getting Mediah this soon isn't too surprising if we're meant to get content at the same rate or a bit faster.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Clocks posted:

Yeah, "caught up" was the wrong term to use, my bad.

Russian version came out in October and they got Valencia (1.0) in the beginning of March. I think they got Mediah very late Nov or early December maybe? So us getting Mediah this soon isn't too surprising if we're meant to get content at the same rate or a bit faster.
Mediah was two months after release, need to get off phone to tell the date. What I'm afraid of is alienation of playerbase with Mediah so soon.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I can not wait to be slammed by a +20 weapon

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Werkwerk posted:

Jesus it looks like she should be crawling out of a TV and up the ceiling

edit: is mediah when I get my megaman cannon?

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
So what are the good moneymaking schemes these days besides AFK fishing?
(How do I turn energy / contribution points into silver)

Sunflower Crates?
Mushroom Crates?
Generic Trade Good Wagon Runs?
Plywood manufacturing?

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Could someone leak the secret goon planning docs for Mediah here?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hy_C posted:

I can not wait to be slammed by a +20 weapon
Asides edge cases, that won't be happening any time soon.

kalstrams posted:

Mediah was two months after release, need to get off phone to tell the date. What I'm afraid of is alienation of playerbase with Mediah so soon.
October 5 was Russian headstart, November 17 was Mediah. So a month and a half.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I like "as early as." Giving themselves room.

Good! I wanna get over the dang mountains to the east.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
How much effort/time do these awakened weapons take to get? Gw2 legendary weapon effort? Or ffxi relic effort?

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

LordAdakos posted:

So what are the good moneymaking schemes these days besides AFK fishing?
(How do I turn energy / contribution points into silver)

Sunflower Crates?
Mushroom Crates?
Generic Trade Good Wagon Runs?
Plywood manufacturing?

I make steel crates in Epheria Port, sell it at Heidel city, make special sunflowers crates at heidel, and sell it back at Epheria, then go afk fishing and wait till I have enough mats to make steel crates again.

Oh and good thing I saved all my seal and stones. Probably have over 100 of it. Doesnt matter, Ill still hit 40 failstacks to upgrade to a +8, this is why I have so many in the first place cuz I just gave up

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

How much effort/time do these awakened weapons take to get? Gw2 legendary weapon effort? Or ffxi relic effort?

You need to get to base 56 to be able to take the black spirit quest for them, then you need to hunt down some world bosses. The world bosses are usually trolled by over leveled and over geared characters looking for easy kills.

How "easy" it is depends on your ability to level and not get hosed over in the world bosses. Its also a brand new weapon that you need to get to +17 at least to not be completely useless in pvp.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Welp. I guess I'm about to lose max price brass ingots since they will be resource nodes in Mediah. I need to find a new market product to produce.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Ah poo poo, I should sell mine. Us secret people who know what Adesite and Sandstone and Bloodstone are won't be so special anymore.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

Single, specific, world boss to kill once to unlock awakening skills, same boss to farm for legendary weapon. I think you get one awakening weapon from quest, and you can for sure buy another one from NPC, both worse than the world boss drop of course. You could easily expect a couple hundred hours to get the legendary.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Holy poo poo THAT is what our guild icon is? I thought it was a carrot on a plate.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kaedric posted:

Holy poo poo THAT is what our guild icon is? I thought it was a carrot on a plate.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

In my defense I'm playing on a large screen and the icon is extremely small.

So what's the deal with the expansion? No mention whatsoever of new classes? I'm going to be super depressed if we don't get plum.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kaedric posted:

So what's the deal with the expansion? No mention whatsoever of new classes? I'm going to be super depressed if we don't get plum.
No mention of class indeed. I've heard words about complete rework of blader/plum underway, but I'm not sure if that's true and/or related.

E: From reddit:

quote:

This morning Daum Games Europe announced that tomorrow the western version of Black Desert Online is going to receive its first expansion, bringing the realm of Mediah and a sizable increase in world size and content.

In the orginal Korean edition, the release of Mediah was immediately followed by the first new classes, Blader and Plum, which are basically a mix between a samurai and a Korean warrior wielding sword and bow. In Russia, the two classes (which are the male and female versions of each other, but differ slightly in skills) were released together with Mediah.

Since there was no mention of their implementation in today’s announcement, we reached out to Daum’s marketing manager to hear if we can expect new classes as well, or if we have to wait longer. While he did not give a specific release date, he mentioned that new classes won’t come with Mediah, but will be implemented “very soon.”

It’s worth mentioning that in an earlier Q&A, Daum Games mentioned that new classes might not come in the same order as their original Korean release, so we shouldn’t assume that Blader and Plum will be the first to be released. It’s entirely possible for the other pair, Ninja and Kunoichi, to be released first.
While this quote is full of poo poo, it gets the point across if they indeed contacted Daum and also got a reply out of that.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kaedric posted:

1% chance of new classes coming with tomorrow's update
99% chance of the entire player base unsubscribing when new classes don't come with tomorrow's update