Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

bring back old gbs posted:

dont even get me started on how correct my good opinions are re: that """""film"""""

boy howdy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Hellboy 2.

I will literally fight you to the death with baseball bats over this.

Props to this film for uncerimonously dumping Bland Whiteman, the boring audience insert from the first.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
which is worse, inception bwaaaaaaaahs or the wilhelm scream

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

WAR FOOT posted:

which is worse, inception bwaaaaaaaahs or the wilhelm scream

your posting :haw:

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Dapper Dan posted:

alan moore is an insane person who worships a snake.

with ben, daredevil pretty much scarred him and since he loved the character and got hosed over, so he swore off superhero roles (a lot of actors got hosed over with heroes they liked and then just swore them off, but when you get offered batman, you kinda don't pass). so it makes sense on just why he looks so absolutely miserable. he knows what a pile of poo poo it is and will be stuck with it. its kind of ironic, since has come into his own as a filmmaker/screenwriter so he knows what is good and what isn't. it isn't a surprise that basically everyone is saying the batman portion of the movie is the best part, which is probably due to him.

the only good thing is that he will get his own solo batman movie which will probably be better than anything snyder does because affleck is a far more competent director. i'm reading now that they went with zack snyder over ben affleck for man of steel. on what loving planet do you chose a guy whose film won best picture that he acted, produced and directed in over zack snyder? is zack snyder sucking someone's cock at warner brothers? loving hell.

Zack did a press interview a few months ago where he admitted most of his roles post-Watchmen simply come from lowballing other directors for open gigs. Affleck says he can do BvS for 300 million (120 million in shooting costs, 30 million in actors, rest in marketing), Zack cuts his SAG fee plus uses his own studio space on WB lot to throw in a 250 million offer (90 million shooting, 24 million for acting, 50 for marketing, rest is float). Its the same gimmick Michael Bay, Rick Berman and Jerry Bruckheimer apparently did, use your own space/toys for most of the big ticket items and undercut the more talented and union mandated league table directors/producers when bidding on scripts/franchise rights.

Hal_2005 fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Mar 29, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Alan Smithee posted:

your posting :haw:

:negative: d-drat, i got owned

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I thought it was better than Age of Ultron but that's not saying much.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Comic book trash for children.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

bring back old gbs posted:

Uhhhhhhh jfc thats a pretty huge loving scene to excise. Extended cut may actually be pretty bonkers if this is the sort of stuff they left out.

I can get why it was cut. As someone who hasn't seen the film, yet, it seems almost insubstantial in terms of anything that means a thing. It either needed to have a bit more to it. Admittedly, though, if tied to other cut material, maybe it would have some elevated meaning.

ruddiger posted:

Kanye setting trends with his album patches, can't wait til we get Batman V Superman 1.1 in the theater.

I actually almost suspect if the film does just good enough business that DC will pull it from theaters as it is just about to fall out of the top 10 and announce a limited 2 week theatrical run of an extended R-rated or an unrated cut in select cities. Given the success of Deadpool and the approaching Suicide Squad, I could see them using it as almost a PR stunt.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i hear this movie is bad and 10 clover is good so im going to pay for 10 clover and then after that's over sneak into bvs

:filez:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Natalie Portman out of Attack of the Clones looks more like that image of Wonder Woman...

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Hal_2005 posted:

Zack did a press interview a few months ago where he admitted most of his roles post-Watchmen simply come from lowballing other directors for open gigs. Affleck says he can do BvS for 300 million (120 million in shooting costs, 30 million in actors, rest in marketing), Zack cuts his SAG fee plus uses his own studio space on WB lot to throw in a 250 million offer (90 million shooting, 24 million for acting, 50 for marketing, rest is float). Its the same gimmick Michael Bay, Rick Berman and Jerry Bruckheimer apparently did, use your own space/toys for most of the big ticket items and undercut the more talented and union mandated league table directors/producers when bidding on scripts/franchise rights.

goddamn. its one thing to do single films by low-balling other directors, its another to accept that when you are doing your tentpole franchise movie. i mean, its going to make a boatload of money, that's not in doubt. but lovely word of mouth will carry over to other films and people will be more cautious.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

ww got nice implants

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Dapper Dan posted:

goddamn. its one thing to do single films by low-balling other directors, its another to accept that when you are doing your tentpole franchise movie. i mean, its going to make a boatload of money, that's not in doubt. but lovely word of mouth will carry over to other films and people will be more cautious.

You really think, for example if they released a justice league by zach snyder, ppl wouldnnt also go see it in droves?

its worth remembering that while this movie is being trashed by critics it still got a 70+ approval rating on Rottentomatoes so the average joe isnt as bothered by it as the internet joe

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Zzulu posted:

ww got nice implants

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Man of steel and prometheus are both good movies nerds are just dumber than poo poo

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Radio Paranoia posted:

Wait for Batman Fucks Superman: A XXX Parody

How would that even work? Supes would have to wear a cockring with, like, a single gram of kryptonite in it just to keep him from accidentally ripping Batman's dick off with his butt muscles or shooting him with super sperms.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Batman is always prepared for everything so obviously the moment he saw superman trashing the city he prepared not only for them fighting but also for the possibility of them boning down. He no doubt has all sorts of kryptonite infused lubes and fucktoys.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

achillesforever6 posted:

Even thought the DCAU is cool as a whole, I kind of wish it was done in the style of early Batman TAS instead of by Justice League there were like 4 templates for each gender.

I think that early style of animation was too good/costly to keep going. Batman TAS has Justice League style animation by the time it was complete. the cross over Batman/Superman episodes are basically indistinguishable from episodes of JLU

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

Man of steel and prometheus are both good movies nerds are just dumber than poo poo

The people who wrote the scripts for those films are dumber than poo poo. Bad movies and lol if you think it's because "we don't get it."

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

gently caress I forgot how good everything about this was

I loved this poo poo as a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DadH3KjHZws

This has more style and personality than anything in BvS

wow the visual style has aged really well, dude put effort into it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Uncle Wemus posted:

the nerds are the ones who love man of steel lmao

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

Doflamingo posted:

The people who wrote the scripts for those films are dumber than poo poo. Bad movies and lol if you think it's because "we don't get it."

I like how robots are just innately evil in prometheus

Fassbender is easily the best part of that movie but his character is still loving retarded

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It's interesting that in the version of Superman in the old Flesicher cartoon is a less powerful and a more vulnerable than the modern version. The flying robot threw him off really easily, he got tangled in those electrical lines pretty badly and the robots at the secret lair actually beat him down for quite a while whereas modern Superman would have torn through them like a wet paper bag.

Actually the Superman of the 50s could pull off stunts like attaching a giant chain to the Earth and dragging it into a new orbit so I guess the power creep happened really early. I guess that also explains all the wacky stories in the 50s and 60s where he's playing pranks on Lois and Jimmy because there really wasn't anything left that would be a physical threat to him so they had to fall back on character based stories, and if your character is the most powerful and invulnerable being on the planet there's not a lot for him to do except be a dick to his friends.

http://www.superdickery.com/tag/superman-is-a-dick/

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

wow the visual style has aged really well, dude put effort into it

The guy who made this invented rotoscoping for the series. They also cost something insane like $1.5million per episode (adjusted for inflation).

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

The guy who made this invented rotoscoping for the series. They also cost something insane like $1.5million per episode (adjusted for inflation).

quality speaks for itself

if that stuff about Snyder low-balling for the job is true (it's a Hal-2005 post though so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯), it's one of the most insidious ways our current system short changes us. Everything is about margins and profit so things almost always go to low bidders, despite the tendency for low bidders to be usually either fudging things or just cutting corners, or in Snyder's case just having an awful track record but welp were saving 40 mil guess he's the best choice. Even if he costs us long term and the franchise bombs.

But apparently a lot of people like garbage so I guess it all works out in the end

Ron Paul Atreides fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 29, 2016

Nice Sweet Meat
Apr 10, 2007

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice/Box office: 7 million USD

Budget: 250 million USD

Executive producers: Christopher Nolan, [et al]

According to google result for "batman v superman dawn of justice box office"

Nice Sweet Meat
Apr 10, 2007

But apparently a lot of people like garbage so I guess it all works out in the end

The wall just got 10 metros taller my fiend

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

should gal gadot temporarily get implants for Wonder Woman films?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I like how robots are just innately evil in prometheus

Fassbender is easily the best part of that movie but his character is still loving retarded

Robots being evil in Alien is nothing new. I thought David at least had some just cause, really; he's already working a secret mission, which is to save his "father". That explains why he wants to test the effects of the alien substance on that guy, to determine its effects and study its symptoms, all in the hopes of saving the old man. The rest of it comes from his conversation with the same guy, who basically dismisses robots and laughs at David's feelings about how humans and machines should interact. "How would you feel if God told you that?" David asks. Basically, he's disillusioned by his whole life, and this enables him to make the logical leaps he does that gets the crew killed.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Zzulu posted:

You really think, for example if they released a justice league by zach snyder, ppl wouldnnt also go see it in droves?

its worth remembering that while this movie is being trashed by critics it still got a 70+ approval rating on Rottentomatoes so the average joe isnt as bothered by it as the internet joe

Likewise the Browns should be happy with Josh McCown. Sure he'll never draw in the money or success of a Drew Brees or Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. But, gosh darn it, all that matters is if you have fun playing the game while your fans boo you off the field.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Just saw the movie with my kids.

My reactions:

- Holy Cow Ben is ripped. Dude has def been juicing.
- I want to see a wonder woman movie of her exploits in WWI.
- Lex Luthor was improperly cast. Should have been Bryan Cranston.
- Now I'm worried that DC is going to cram the flash, cyborg, and aquaman into a justice league movie without developing the characters.
- They totally could have made two (maybe three) movies out of the stories they crammed into this one. The series could have culminated with with superman's "death".

After reading all the reviews I was expecting to be completely let down. I wasn't. It's still a fun movie.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I thought Eisenburg as Lex was the only fun part of the whole movie. He seemed like he was walking in from a totally different set and it's hilarious. Eisenburg plays assholes beautifully.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Robots being evil in Alien is nothing new. I thought David at least had some just cause, really; he's already working a secret mission, which is to save his "father". That explains why he wants to test the effects of the alien substance on that guy, to determine its effects and study its symptoms, all in the hopes of saving the old man.

it's a good thing the goo makes the guy immediately father a huge tentacle monster. If it had just given him dry mouth and a slightly higher chance of pancreatic cancer, David wouldn't be able to tell

I mean, gently caress, even if the goo made the guy stop aging and be immortal, David still wouldn't have been able to tell

so David could only "determine it's effects and study its symptoms"if its effects and symptoms were something immediate and visually obvious, like turning into a caveman monster or fathering a huge tentacle beast monster.

Nice Sweet Meat
Apr 10, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I thought Eisenburg as Lex was the only fun part of the whole movie. He seemed like he was walking in from a totally different set and it's hilarious. Eisenburg plays assholes beautifully.

I thought he was playing Lex Luther as The Joker. Why do we need the unfunny Michael Cera 2.0 in this movie?

E: do you think Snyder was like "Heisenburg! with a loving H!" when he found out?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
people hating on Eisenberg need to back the gently caress off before they get got

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nice Sweet Meat posted:

I thought he was playing Lex Luther as The Joker. Why do we need the unfunny Michael Cera 2.0 in this movie?

It felt like a fun take on Lex Luthor, honestly. We've had a lot of various Lexes over the years, and this one felt fresh and interesting while not being out of character for him. It's not my favorite Luthor, but he's one of the few moments of fun in this whole film, particularly the jar of piss gag.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Mel Mudkiper posted:

people hating on Eisenberg need to back the gently caress off before they get got

Nah, gently caress hipster millennial Lex Luthor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Immortan posted:

Nah, gently caress hipster millennial Lex Luthor.

Lark Lutherberg is a cool character and the only interesting twist on a DC character in the entire Zack Snyder run of comics movies, you dolt.

• Locked thread