Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm probably going in for a Hasbro Computron and the PE upgrade kits. Takars does have the better chest and head but nothing else it jumping out at me to win me over to that version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

There wasn't much chance of either of them dethroning Quantron.

And speaking of which, neither of them could look as good as Quantron looming over Severo's throne like his combiner enforcer slash accountant.

Hadn't thought of that yet.

Can't not think about it now.

Sentinel Red posted:

It's possibly the one and only time I'm interested in seeing a Hasbro version, given their habit of going for toy accurate colour schemes with their MP releases.

Yeah, Takara's Thundercracker is too bright also.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I got a Quantron on Black Friday because there just wasn't any info on Computron outside of "Betatron" and Computron is my favorite. Quantron is really good, even with Sonic Drill/Nosecone's stupid transformation.

At this point, with the amount of money I've sunk on Combiner Wars and Quantron, I think it's just gonna be Deluxe Groove and Victorion for me.

Both official Computrons aren't doing it for me, which would not have been the case 6 months ago.

Well, he's my favorite too. And every other combiner team was done so well it's just a cass of 'oh well'.

Def want Victorian and groove though. And that Blast Off if it shows up. :v:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Kingtheninja posted:

Just checked the OP, are RiD and MTMTE still the main ongoing books to read? I wanted to check out some transformers comics.

Yes.

Except the cartoon took the rid subtitle, so rid is now just transformers with no subtitle.

Just look for the comics by James Rogers and John barber. And the windblade comics.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Yeah, Takara's Thundercracker is too bright also.

Like pretty much everything they do these days, it's cartoon accurate. That's what's confusing about MP Shockwave, because I honestly can't find any shots where he's that light lavender shade. He's a lighter shade than the G1 toy, but much darker than the MP. Maybe it's the lighting they're using, but every single pic of MP Shockwave looks like he would smell of flowers.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, I'm betting it's the light. Purples don't photograph too well.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Perhaps chalk it down to a combination of that dude having a crap camera, bad light, and preview/leaked version differences (see Hot Rod and his much better canopy on release). The good news is he looks a hell of a lot nicer in this photo:

Fair play, it must be handy having a built in stool to sit on when you get tired!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why's he slouching? Didn't Megatron encourage good posture?

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

Shockwave is, after all, a being of pure logic. And if you have a stool built in to your rear end, logic dictates that you use it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Why's he slouching? Didn't Megatron encourage good posture?

Not at all. Any who dare stand up straight in the presence of Mighty Megatron get a fusion cannon backhand.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hot drat, what's up with Robot Kingdom's shipping costs? They're insane!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Zaa Boogie posted:

Well, he's my favorite too. And every other combiner team was done so well it's just a cass of 'oh well'.

Def want Victorian and groove though. And that Blast Off if it shows up. :v:

Just in case anyone didn't know, one can find the Shadow Fisher upgrade for Quantron for about $15 American on eBay.

It has two pieces which attach to the backpack without getting in the way of anything which lets you mount his backpack on his back instead of his butt, and a new butt-tab which folds flat if you want.

The end result is that he can rotate his waist without his shoulders knocking into his buttpack.

Luchacabra posted:

Shockwave is, after all, a being of pure logic. And if you have a stool built in to your rear end, logic dictates that you use it.

Perfectly reasoned.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

What the gently caress is going on here? I see the groove and the breakdown, but Nosecone is rook?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Anora posted:

What the gently caress is going on here? I see the groove and the breakdown, but Nosecone is rook?

And Strafe is Blast Off. Takara is different.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Man I can't get over how great the "Noisemaze" joke in SotW is.

Because Methosulas is Tarantulas and he created the Noisemaze and "Noizemaze" is the Galaxy Force name for Cybertron Sideways and Sideways and Tarantulas have a LOT IN COMMON and etc.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I genuinely can't tell if Takara or Hasbro Computron is better. I lean towards Hasbro because of the better handfeet, but then Rook is way better than Brawl

And that Takara Strafe looks better, I think

Will need to see it in color, I guess.

Sockser fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 29, 2016

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
So Fansproject's putting out a Dai Atlas, as well as a original Powermaster 3-Combiner.

Kinda surprising that FP are still doing original content. I guess their other not-Powermaster must have sold well enough (I have one...)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
G2 CW Menasor is so goofy looking. I'm glad I bit the bullet on this guy.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Phy posted:

So Fansproject's putting out a Dai Atlas, as well as a original Powermaster 3-Combiner.

Kinda surprising that FP are still doing original content. I guess their other not-Powermaster must have sold well enough (I have one...)

Isn't the second guy supposed to be Diabattles?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

Does he need regular injections of energinsulin?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Check your Handfootguns.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Maybe in the 80's but now it's controllable with a regular dose of mettransformin

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Blackheart posted:

Weird time to make one giving that Takara is releasing their own that looks boss as gently caress and can do all sorts of rad poo poo I can't rationalize spending 100+ on a goddamned toy.

Thankfully the one hideously overpriced toy I really wanted isn't getting good reviews so for now my VF2-SS Valkyrie from Macross II needs are not going to be met.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Phy posted:

Maybe in the 80's but now it's controllable with a regular dose of mettransformin

If he is a Type-1 Diabattles, yes, regular injections of energinsulin are required, as well as Type-2 Diabattles medications if he's interested in peak efficiency.

If he is a Type-2 Diabattles he can make due with mettransformin, or if he's interested in newer classes of drugs he can try things like enerjardiance. :eng101:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

and the Hall of Fame leaves me cold for another year.

seriously, how does a guy who barely even know his song was gonna be IN the movie (or that the movie even existed) get on the ballot over the people who composed the original hugging Transformers theme?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

If he is a Type-1 Diabattles, yes, regular injections of energinsulin are required, as well as Type-2 Diabattles medications if he's interested in peak efficiency.

If he is a Type-2 Diabattles he can make due with mettransformin, or if he's interested in newer classes of drugs he can try things like enerjardiance. :eng101:

The official Diabattles is Type 2 and is made of spaceships. The Fansproject Diabattles is made of tanks, and therefore I would have to diagnose it as Type 1 Diabattles.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Is that fire ant Inferno or fire truck Inferno?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I presume fire truck Inferno.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

Man I can't get over how great the "Noisemaze" joke in SotW is.

Because Methosulas is Tarantulas and he created the Noisemaze and "Noizemaze" is the Galaxy Force name for Cybertron Sideways and Sideways and Tarantulas have a LOT IN COMMON and etc.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Phy posted:

That 3 combiner is some straight up Yuusha poo poo. I want it.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Sockser posted:

I genuinely can't tell if Takara or Hasbro Computron is better. I lean towards Hasbro because of the better handfeet, but then Rook is way better than Brawl

And that Takara Strafe looks better, I think

Will need to see it in color, I guess.

I'm going to go Takara with Perfect Effect addons, probably. Better torso, proper face, and I think Rook is a better Nosecone.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh hey, Takara Laserwave's ready to ship from Anime-Export. That means the preorder for MP Ultra Magnus, Rodimus, and Shockwave I made like...over a year ago can finally be shipped!

Even though I probably wouldn't have ordered them now, since they're already bought and paid for, might as well have'em shipped out. Plus it was a pretty sizeable discount, basically like getting the Rodimus for free, iirc.

CyRaptor
Aug 27, 2004

Fuck Sandy Petersen, again.

TFRazorsaw posted:

seriously, how does a guy who barely even know his song was gonna be IN the movie (or that the movie even existed) get on the ballot over the people who composed the original hugging Transformers theme?

To be fair, he also voiced Wreck-Gar in Animated, so he's lent more than a passive contribution to the franchise. And to those who were asking, the Facebook page clarified that the "Inferno" in question is actually the Beast Wars incarnation, not G1. But yeah, Omega Supreme for best character? Yeesh.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I like how Steve Jablonsky is a "musical act"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Uh..? He scored four TF movies. Say what you will about the movies but that's not an insignificant effort.

If the category were for voice actors, Weird Al might be deserving, but this is about the music.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The point is he's not an "act," he's a composer. It's a very weird way to phrase the category.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh, right, shipping from japan is nuts, so it's 7500 yen to ship the masterpieces. Great!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Keldroc posted:

The point is he's not an "act," he's a composer. It's a very weird way to phrase the category.

This was my point, thank you. Jablonsky's scores are a legitimate bright spot in the increasingly insane movies

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh, right, shipping from japan is nuts, so it's 7500 yen to ship the masterpieces. Great!

Would have saved more shipping them as they came in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

therealjon_ posted:

Would have saved more shipping them as they came in.
lol really?