Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I got 4 games in this weekend with my demons.: a drop pod purfier/libby conclave/summoning list and a rematch against my roommates dawg rush on Friday night with my Fateweaver/LoC/Knight/screemerstar/chaff list and back to back tau with my fatey/knight/dronestar/screemerstar.

The pod list didn't do well. I basically null deployed him. He got misfortune and tried to rend down my knight with novas. He didn't get it done in two turns, including being in combat with S10 Mephi. my turn two everything came in, the knight went to a 2++ reroll ones and he fought his way out while my LOC and screemstar started to eat everything they could find.

My roommate nulldeployed me and hid behind a LOS blocker turn one. I waited on summoning and sort of shuffled around (and turboboosted for linebreaker maelstrom). a bunch of his stuff comes on (including a deep striking Loc and 2 heralds on bikes to blow up fateweaver) and he fails to charge the screemers. I go, nova with fatey, kill both heralds and do some damage to his LoC and start chipping away at the dogs with my LoC and knight. he hit and runs out and we have a great back in forth. He kills my screemers eventually, but all he really had left was the dogs and some bloodletters fighting a great fatty on one of my objectives while I had everything else and the maelstrom.

The Tau games were fun to get some games in with my bees. They are very mobile and tanky as hell. I think I lost 2 both games. Fatey died in both games, one from some major volume of fire snapfiring after a nova didn't go well, and the other time from a perils on a spell that didn't matter but neither gunline could really hang on against 4 very hard to kill targets.

DeadGame posted:

Ad Mech need a transport to put those Ruststalkers in.

I disagree. They are super mobile on their own. 9+(d6+3)+(2d6+3 assault) is a huge threat range and gets them across the table in a turn or so and if you get 3 on the strat warlord table (basically the only table to roll on for war convo/most armies) you can infiltrate them. But usually they are murdering things that outflank/deep strike into my backfield so my shooting can keep shooting.

All of this advice only applies to War Convo, obviously. In Skittari they are Less Good.

Boon posted:

I'll be the tall, skinny guy.

What are you now? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

TheChirurgeon posted:

BIGASS BATTLE REPORT

Epic battle! :black101:

Hixson posted:

I couldn't find good GW or 3rd party tabards for my dudes either. Making your own out of green stuff truly isn't that difficult or as time consuming as you might think:

I could write up a tutorial sometime if there's interest.

Oh shiiiiit those are some good looking pre-Heresy Thousand Sons. I am very jealous.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I may have found the biggest problem with Eternal Crusade. It's not netcode, or weapon balance, or anything to do with the technical state of the alpha.

No, what happened was that I logged in and voice chat was filled with people straight from B&C who were RPing as Space Marines, "brother."

I am very afraid of what happens when they implement Space Wolves.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

I may have found the biggest problem with Eternal Crusade. It's not netcode, or weapon balance, or anything to do with the technical state of the alpha.

No, what happened was that I logged in and voice chat was filled with people straight from B&C who were RPing as Space Marines, "brother."

The Wolftime :smugdog:

:stonk:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

PantsOptional posted:

I would just quote Dawn of Awesome back at them.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah quote something infinitely more annoying back at them that'll show those loving lame-os

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah quote something infinitely more annoying back at them that'll show those loving lame-os

yeah what kind of nerd makes those dumb cartoons

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hopefully one who will decide to just stick to painting from here on out

lmao just harshing your browns but seriously if dudes calling each other Brother Captain while playing the alpha for a space marine game you have to pay a bunch of money to even play is enough to set you on edge maybe you are the one who should stop playing

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
That stuff's pretty harmless, pretty much every online match of Space Marine was filled with people doing the same.

Now the Ork side on the other hand, now that's going to be insufferable.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
It is pretty much my dream to preach litanies of hate towards my enemy. Hell, remember when they used to play Rock music on blast out of tanks as Psy-Ops because it would drive insurgents nuts? They need to bring that out for the next war but instead it is the Imperial Guard speech from Dawn of War, but modified for modern war. "Enemies of America, hear me, you have come here to die..."

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Uroboros posted:

It is pretty much my dream to preach litanies of hate towards my enemy. Hell, remember when they used to play Rock music on blast out of tanks as Psy-Ops because it would drive insurgents nuts? They need to bring that out for the next war but instead it is the Imperial Guard speech from Dawn of War, but modified for modern war. "Enemies of America, hear me, you have come here to die..."

South Korea uses noise marines against North Korea

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/08/asia/north-korea-propaganda-music/

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Also, managed to get out if the military without any tattoos but have been wanting to get something 40kesque for awhile that is a bit of a departure from all the cliche poo poo you see on troops these days.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Tribal Aquila.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Space Wolf symbol.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The chaos star around your hole with a ring of text that says "The Eye of Terror"

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

panascope posted:

The chaos star around your hole with a ring of text that says "The Eye of Terror"

I lol'd.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I'd go with the Inquisitor symbol, but if you want to really think outside the box, do something from WHFB. But here's a bunch of skulls!

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

panascope posted:

Brings a new meaning to the taint of Chaos :stonk:

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

That double eagle with the skull in the center seems pretty cool. Maybe add some text within the wing interior. Down the road goals.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Uroboros posted:

That double eagle with the skull in the center seems pretty cool. Maybe add some text within the wing interior. Down the road goals.

Careful, a lot of people would probably mistake you for a neonazi with a tat like that.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Not too nazi-looking.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Not too nazi-looking.

drat that's dope. Where's it from? I've actually put serious thought into a crux terminatus tattoo on more than one occasion.

I'm selling my buddy's old Tyranids. There's like $500 of models here, lots of metal, and some unspiration thread-worthy paintjobs. Bid away or don't, I'm just trying to get rid of them:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/262358403580

And so my post isn't purely encouraging of bad ideas:
So even in my old Ork army, I've never run or seen a Battlewagon run as an actual tank - you know, 'Ardcase, lots of big guns, that whole deal. I figured I wanted to try my hand at having one of those, and I wanted a ride for my upcoming Tankbustas. I had a Leman Russ Demolisher kit gathering dust so I took it out and got choppin. I also wanted to make sure it was big enough to count as a Battlewagon and not just be a dinky little Looted Wagon, so this is what I came up with:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

On the subject of 40k iconography looking like Nazi symbolism, I had a game store owner tell me the other day that the Inquisition symbol looked exactly like an Odin's Cross. Is it just me, or do they look nothing alike?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Working Apoth still.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I've been playing Soulstorm again, so I made this

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Uroboros posted:

Working Apoth still.

The gold helmets on these guys look really awesome, great choice.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

PantsOptional posted:

On the subject of 40k iconography looking like Nazi symbolism, I had a game store owner tell me the other day that the Inquisition symbol looked exactly like an Odin's Cross. Is it just me, or do they look nothing alike?

They don't look anything alike. A weird thing to say, too, since there is a lot of pretty Nazi-looking stuff that actually exists. The spread-winged eagle and the Iron Cross are all pretty widely used.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

That is a seriously great looking model

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SRM posted:

drat that's dope. Where's it from? I've actually put serious thought into a crux terminatus tattoo on more than one occasion.

I'm selling my buddy's old Tyranids. There's like $500 of models here, lots of metal, and some unspiration thread-worthy paintjobs. Bid away or don't, I'm just trying to get rid of them:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/262358403580

And so my post isn't purely encouraging of bad ideas:
So even in my old Ork army, I've never run or seen a Battlewagon run as an actual tank - you know, 'Ardcase, lots of big guns, that whole deal. I figured I wanted to try my hand at having one of those, and I wanted a ride for my upcoming Tankbustas. I had a Leman Russ Demolisher kit gathering dust so I took it out and got choppin. I also wanted to make sure it was big enough to count as a Battlewagon and not just be a dinky little Looted Wagon, so this is what I came up with:

Am I misremembering, or does 'ardcase make you closed-topped? Because you don't want 'ardcase if that's true. Much better to be shooting with all your bustas at once.
Otherwise, though, yeah. Busta wagon has been one of my favorite ork units for a long time.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ignite Memories posted:

Am I misremembering, or does 'ardcase make you closed-topped? Because you don't want 'ardcase if that's true. Much better to be shooting with all your bustas at once.
Otherwise, though, yeah. Busta wagon has been one of my favorite ork units for a long time.

It's 'ardcase for when I want it to be; I think I can rule it either way with the platform on the back. I figure I'd roll it up and have the bustas get out; they'd only be snapshotting anyway with the big gun on it firing since it's ordnance.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

MrSlam posted:

I've been playing Soulstorm again, so I made this

This is very accurate.

What a loving mess of a game.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I am loving that tank SRM. It is similar to what I eventually want to do for my fiancee's Orks when I get around to building them. (Though she wants me to mount a basilisk cannon on a heavily modified landraider chassis)

I really like how your turret came out as it kind of fits the same aesthetic as your grot tanks.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

SRMs tanks all look cool, I'd like to see some looted Tau/Eldar, or hallowed out Tyranid that has Grots acting as its legs, go wild.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Uroboros posted:

Working Apoth still.

These are pretty sick, any tips for making good gold helmets since I'm about to attempt the same? Just layer a couple shades of gold and give it a nice black wash for shading or what?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I think the traditional ink is either brown or green depending on your preference, and edge highlighting in some form of silver.

Also if you can get Model Air gold, that's your best paint.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

jadebullet posted:

I am loving that tank SRM. It is similar to what I eventually want to do for my fiancee's Orks when I get around to building them. (Though she wants me to mount a basilisk cannon on a heavily modified landraider chassis)

I really like how your turret came out as it kind of fits the same aesthetic as your grot tanks.

Thanks! The tank with that turret originally looked like a KV-2 before I stuck the silly trukk bed on the back of it.

Uroboros posted:

SRMs tanks all look cool, I'd like to see some looted Tau/Eldar, or hallowed out Tyranid that has Grots acting as its legs, go wild.
Well a major part of why I've been looting so many Imperial vehicles (aside from the fact that this way they match my Imperial armies) is that I already had the kits lying around! It's been a great way for me to take care of excess clutter while also fleshing out my Orks. Some looted Tau would be neat though.

Zaphod42 posted:

These are pretty sick, any tips for making good gold helmets since I'm about to attempt the same? Just layer a couple shades of gold and give it a nice black wash for shading or what?
You want brown, orange, or sepia wash generally. I've never used a green wash on gold but it could look cool - black will just dull it down and muddy up the color too much.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Uroboros posted:

Also, managed to get out if the military without any tattoos but have been wanting to get something 40kesque for awhile that is a bit of a departure from all the cliche poo poo you see on troops these days.

ORKS, always ORKS

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

SRM posted:

You want brown, orange, or sepia wash generally. I've never used a green wash on gold but it could look cool - black will just dull it down and muddy up the color too much.

Ah thanks. I was never a very great painter back in the day but I'm really getting into it now, trying to learn how to not be so bad. I've been watching a bunch of youtube videos picking up little techniques and things I didn't know. When to use different color washes is one of those things I'm not super sure about.

Also I was looking at this one model's cape and trying to figure out if it would be better to use like a dark blue wash and then paint some highlights on top or just stick with brushstrokes of a couple different colors... I should go post in the painting thread I guess.

I've got a whole ton of these Reaper Bones minis that I got for cheap off kickstarer, so I'm using a bunch of them to practice first and see how the paints look layered and dried before I actually settle on the exact color scheme for my army, and having fun with it.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Uroboros posted:

I guarantee you'll be unique

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
What's the right way to play Deathwing? Teleport them on the board with one of the formations that boost their deep strike? Or drive them around in land raiders?

• Locked thread