Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Technician LBV Grinder feels like as much of a gimmick as Technician LBV Crook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Not as bad good as my gimmick crit/grinder minigun build

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

UnknownMercenary posted:

Technician LBV Grinder feels like as much of a gimmick as Technician LBV Crook.

the gimmick is you fall down

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

isndl posted:

Yeah, but Technician adds nothing that Fugitive wouldn't do better for that gimmick.

It's almost like gimmicks involve doing something other than the absolute most optimal thing... Huh, weird...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
my gimmick is being correct about weapon balance, so that's pretty optimal actually

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

wolrah posted:

https://github.com/polarathene/biglobby

Screens from https://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/4c98qa/im_just_gonna_leave_this_here/

This is going to make my next LAN interesting. We all like playing Payday but we usually have 5-7 people so we end up having to split in to two groups with bots (which doesn't work well since half the players aren't great) or leave people out.

quote:

This mod makes it possible to have more than 4 players in a map. All players must use both the BLT mod and pdmod.

What the gently caress is pdmod?

Oh, this mod requires the use of PD Bundle Modder, which the github never mentioned.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 29, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

LuciferMorningstar posted:

It's almost like gimmicks involve doing something other than the absolute most optimal thing... Huh, weird...

Are you telling me it's suboptimal to fire my RPG wildly at every shield I come across?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Also since I don't think it got cleared up after the trailer was posted, the reason Wolf looks like a generic American dude now is that Ulf Andersson (game dev, not chess player) is no longer a part of Overkill, and thus no longer providing the voice and likeness of Wolf. It's a shame, but there's not much they can do about it!

Hoxton just looks/sounds weird because they couldn't get Pete Gold on set and dubbed his lines over in the Hotel scene, but didn't have the good sense to just have him be masked up in the van. His mask being wrong just seems like a legit mistake - Based on the much better special effects I'm assuming this was produced by the folks who made the film, and not by Starbreeze/Overkill.

Geight fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 29, 2016

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Concordat posted:

Just means "Payday Mod", as in "all players need BLT and this mod installed."

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CommunistPancake posted:

Just means "Payday Mod", as in "all players need BLT and this mod installed."

I'm going to write up an actual post on how to do this but suffice to say you are extremely wrong.

You need to use the following guide to extract and apply a .pdmod file.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=231568439

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 29, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Concordat posted:

Oh, this mod requires the use of PD Bundle Modder, which the github never mentioned.

github docs are only as good as the people who write them, and well, programmers ...documentation...
yeah

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
gently caress the "Keep the cops off X" objectives. Hate losing them thanks to cops moon-walking through walls and hitting the buttons from 10-15 feet away. :argh:

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm going to write up an actual post on how to do this but suffice to say you are extremely wrong.

You need to use the following guide to extract and apply a .pdmod file.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=231568439

Oh, I thought the pdmod file was the entirety of the mod (I guess that explains why you need BLT installed too).

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdOFOJ_Jjoo

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Hobold posted:

gently caress the "Keep the cops off X" objectives. Hate losing them thanks to cops moon-walking through walls and hitting the buttons from 10-15 feet away. :argh:

I was talking about this with some friends the other night and I think there should be an aggro mechanic, where if you are within x feet of the box cops cannot ever touch the power without killing you first. It may lead to some dumb poo poo but given the latency problems and those objectives, it may be the least bad solution for older heists. Retrofitting newer mechanics - where cops have to take several seconds to shut something down, like Locke's mountain heist, may or may not be feasible for Overkill to do, I dunno.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Any funkyness with the 14 person mod? Also does it do anything to the difficulty or does the whole thing just become piss easy?

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

So here's what you do to install Bigger Lobby.

1: Download this as a zip: https://github.com/polarathene/biglobby/releases
2: Dump Biglobby directory into Payday/Mods like any other BLT mod.
3: Get the most recent version of Bundle Modder from here: https://bitbucket.org/zabb65/payday-2-modding-information/downloads
4: Doesn't matter where you put it, just extract that zip somewhere.
5: Run PDBundleModPatcher.exe
6: Tell it where steam/steamapps/Payday 2/assets is in the Options tab.
7: Go to the Mods tab, Push Add Mod, select "BigLobby - Set Player limit to 14.pdmod" that is within the Biglobby folder, and apply changes.
Make sure course check the box to turn it on.

And yes, it is very funky. Things I've seen so far is Watchdogs Day 1 having only 8 bags, Day 2 never acknowledging that we picked up bags from the truck and becoming unwinnable. Completing Big Bank got us a crew alive bonus of -$5,500,000. Likely an integer overflow from just so many players.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 30, 2016

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
If you're in custody when you finish a map, like I was, while running Big Lobbies... the "Crew Alive" bonus overflows and goes negative.

To the point where you don't make ANY money from the heist. It negatives until there is no money left.

That's what happened when I downed myself in the van and no one could get me up for some reason. :smith:

...however I got a safe for doing that gently caress you got mine :kheldragar:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mendrian posted:

Any funkyness with the 14 person mod? Also does it do anything to the difficulty or does the whole thing just become piss easy?

YES, Watchdogs became straight-up unfinishable and there are some goofy things like the dozer in the control room in the parking garage not spawning. DW spawns might actually scale to the additional players, it was ridiculous on Hoxout day 2.

Captain Melo
Mar 28, 2014
So I bought this game on sale and want goons to play with since its absurdly fun. Is the steam group still the way to go?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, Payday 2 Goons is still standing although right now people are playing around with a 14 player mod because we are madmen.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Psion posted:

I was talking about this with some friends the other night and I think there should be an aggro mechanic, where if you are within x feet of the box cops cannot ever touch the power without killing you first. It may lead to some dumb poo poo but given the latency problems and those objectives, it may be the least bad solution for older heists. Retrofitting newer mechanics - where cops have to take several seconds to shut something down, like Locke's mountain heist, may or may not be feasible for Overkill to do, I dunno.

Don't lie. We all know the correct answer is turrets.

Captain Melo
Mar 28, 2014

Crabtree posted:

Yeah, Payday 2 Goons is still standing although right now people are playing around with a 14 player mod because we are madmen.

That sounds like something I want to be a part of. Any chance someone can throw me an invite?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rebelEpik/

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Well I sent it, if Vox didn't already beat me to it.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Eight player Diamond.

Holy poo poo.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Don't lie. We all know the correct answer is turrets.

14 player lobby. Everyone with turrets.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
well lads

Dontrel Dolphin & the Ruse Cruise experience, coming to a museum near you

group photo

We nearly didn't make it because everyone threw molotovs at the escape point

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

14 player lobby review: install's a pain in the rear end, lots of heist triggers glitch, spawns can glitch on deathwish, your crew alive bonus actually winds up taking away all your money.... and it's hilariously fun all the same.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa22MwG_erM

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

edit: loving beaten, thanks Cheeto

EDIT 2: WAIT CHEETO HOLY poo poo YOUR VIDEO PROVED SOMETHING

Okay, so the Instant Cash you get is calculated BEFORE the "Crew Alive Bonus" but shows up last, I know this because if you look at the Crew Alive negative number it's literally how much money we should have made in total. I thought we got $5,400 at the end of that heist but we literally got nothing at all.

Holy crap. :stare:

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Mar 29, 2016

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Looks tight. Like even just to get the 5th guy in the game.

After that last page it's crazy to think I'm an absolute snob in this game but somehow super chill cause I rank guys up (IQ wise). Then again I'm on console :smugbird:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

On Birth of Sky Locke never acknowledges someone locating a money pallet, Watchdogs the trigger to hit the switch in the warehouse is never reached when players pick up bags, and on Lab Rats the plane never arrives to drop off ingredients.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

well lads

Dontrel Dolphin & the Ruse Cruise experience, coming to a museum near you

group photo

We nearly didn't make it because everyone threw molotovs at the escape point

Apologize to your game. For everything.

edit: Mod of the year: http://forums.lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=15241

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Mar 29, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So how nuts is 14 player Diamond on Deathwish?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

So how nuts is 14 player Diamond on Deathwish?

We didn't do it on Deathwish, and we only had like eight people. Next time you'll have to join us and see for yourself.

Honestly it runs surprisingly well, and Concordat I think discovered that if you have the mod installed and go to Crimenet that you'll only see other people running the mod and can join big lobbies there. Someone in one told him the glitches to objectives had been fixed or something.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Are you guys gonna be doing this today? I'd love to get in on the fun with the 14 player, but I'm an euro-goon, so I'd have to stay up a bit :v:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Skunkrocker posted:

edit: loving beaten, thanks Cheeto

EDIT 2: WAIT CHEETO HOLY poo poo YOUR VIDEO PROVED SOMETHING

Okay, so the Instant Cash you get is calculated BEFORE the "Crew Alive Bonus" but shows up last, I know this because if you look at the Crew Alive negative number it's literally how much money we should have made in total. I thought we got $5,400 at the end of that heist but we literally got nothing at all.

Holy crap. :stare:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
one of the hardcore henry heists is stealth only gently caress my life

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/hardcorehenry-heists/

>stealth only

Ugh gently caress, now I gotta ask Vox to help me do the deathwish version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Well, at least there's still a chance of one of them being good.