Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Has anyone done Karin challenge 8? I can't get the game to recognize Tenko (qcf + k -> p). I don't mean like I can't get the move to come out; I mean I perform the move, Karin knocks Ryu into the air, but the game doesn't recognize it so I can't finish the trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Street Fighter V Alpha: What a bust up!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

DoubleDonut posted:

Has anyone done Karin challenge 8? I can't get the game to recognize Tenko (qcf + k -> p). I don't mean like I can't get the move to come out; I mean I perform the move, Karin knocks Ryu into the air, but the game doesn't recognize it so I can't finish the trial.

Does the trial require you to hit the just frame? That's probably your problem.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I don't know where they sourced this:

https://twitter.com/AGNativeimpact/status/714849287147012096

edit: I refuse to believe that's capcom, because it's not banana colored.

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 29, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Are his legs on backwards in that second shot?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Jmcrofts posted:

Does the trial require you to hit the just frame? That's probably your problem.

I don't know, maybe? I don't play Karin so I don't even know what it looks like to hit the just frame. I managed to eventually get it to work but that's still pretty annoying.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You need to grind it out, that's pretty much it. You're not going to be given a visual indicator, you just have to have it on good faith your reactions and timing are good enough.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hope that Classic Alex is real but at the same time if it is, I cannot loving believe they didn't go with that design over the hunchback fryhead one on default. "pay more for nonhideous Alex"

edit: nvm apparently it's a modder. sad how a guy modded a better one in a few hours over a model that was months in development lol

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 29, 2016

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

!Klams posted:

UK Gamers are all loving stupid stupid cunts. Like, just loving trash. We don't actually have any taste at all when it comes to computer games. Growing up liking computer games in the UK has been so depressing.

Well, yeah. You know someone is from the UK when they wax poetic about the ZX Spectrum, Amiga, Commodore 64 and the Master System. A good 90% of European-developed games in the 90s were complete trash. Euro-platformer is kind of a dirty word because they all sucked. They weren't playing the great games from glorious nippon that we were :japan:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

lmao:
https://twitter.com/SoullessKeoma/status/714853280392810497

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

!Klams posted:

UK Gamers are all loving stupid stupid cunts. Like, just loving trash. We don't actually have any taste at all when it comes to computer games. I don't think we're really a nation of gamers. Expect Knack and like, "Lego oval office Omnibus, the PS2 Budget edition" to be top of the charts forever. It's always been the way. When a blockbuster comes out, it will be number one in the charts for a bit, but, the Sims is always there at number 5, ready to climb back to number 1 when the buzz around the new CoD game has died down a bit. And there's always a Fifa or Evo or the like snaking around the charts too.

If you have a bunch of your mates over, and you mention street fighter, they'll all be like, "I always liked chum lean, but could never do her Hardouken". I mean, yeah probably a bunch of UK goons are gonna come out of the woodwork and be like "Mate you just need better friends" but look me right in the dick-eye and tell me you don't have a friend who thinks he's really good and wins an annoying amount by mashing the same move (where he presses the buttons way more than he has to) and one friend who just CANNOT loving grasp how to do any special moves. You do. And that's basically how it goes for all gaming. UK Gamers don't really want the BIGGEST AND BEST because they're sort of scared of it and "I liked dungeon keeper and hospital tycoon!" but never knew you could possess the monsters in dungeon keeper in first person because that's a bit too involved.

Its kind of the same with movies. It seems to me (maybe this is way off) but in the States if a new film comes out, and you get the average punter off the street and ask them what they think of it, like, say its Batman vs Superman, they'd say something like "Oh man, Batman vs Superman? What a bust up! My money's on Superman! I don't know if Affleck can play Batman, and, who's the guy that plays Superman? That should be good!" honestly, the average person in the UK, no, like over 50% of the people you ask, are going to say "Oh, I don't know about that" and walk away.

Its such a loving annoying attitude. 'I dont know that in depth so I wont have a go'.

I think what sums up what I'm getting at is that I imagine something like 90% of all video games and DVDs / Blurays in the UK are probably bought in supermarkets from a selection of less than 20. (Because they only sell the top 20, but sometimes games that aren't a new Sims / Fifa / Lego budget oval office omnibus / budget random bullshit pile-em-high-sell-em-cheap kids game / CoD somehow make their way into the charts and the guy at Tesco can't cope with working out how many of that might sell so they just dont stock it). Despite these ill informed supermarket sales, about 99% of the computer games market is actually just chavs stealing games and selling them to Computer Exchange (second hand gaming store).

Growing up liking computer games in the UK has been so depressing.

Yeah, I mean there's HoG. But, you know thats a MASSIVE aberration. Like, its to the point where if you see an Arcade anywhere that isn't gambling of some kind, or a pinball machine, its because the place you're in is American themed, and you can bet your rear end its broken and no one knows how to fix it or has the keys for it.
good loving post mate

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008

DoubleDonut posted:

I don't know, maybe? I don't play Karin so I don't even know what it looks like to hit the just frame. I managed to eventually get it to work but that's still pretty annoying.

Yeah, when it says Tenko(Fastest) it's talking about just frame. You just gotta hit the p button faster.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

!Klams posted:

UK Gamers are all loving stupid stupid cunts. Like, just loving trash. We don't actually have any taste at all when it comes to computer games. I don't think we're really a nation of gamers. Expect Knack and like, "Lego oval office Omnibus, the PS2 Budget edition" to be top of the charts forever. It's always been the way. When a blockbuster comes out, it will be number one in the charts for a bit, but, the Sims is always there at number 5, ready to climb back to number 1 when the buzz around the new CoD game has died down a bit. And there's always a Fifa or Evo or the like snaking around the charts too.

If you have a bunch of your mates over, and you mention street fighter, they'll all be like, "I always liked chum lean, but could never do her Hardouken". I mean, yeah probably a bunch of UK goons are gonna come out of the woodwork and be like "Mate you just need better friends" but look me right in the dick-eye and tell me you don't have a friend who thinks he's really good and wins an annoying amount by mashing the same move (where he presses the buttons way more than he has to) and one friend who just CANNOT loving grasp how to do any special moves. You do. And that's basically how it goes for all gaming. UK Gamers don't really want the BIGGEST AND BEST because they're sort of scared of it and "I liked dungeon keeper and hospital tycoon!" but never knew you could possess the monsters in dungeon keeper in first person because that's a bit too involved.

Its kind of the same with movies. It seems to me (maybe this is way off) but in the States if a new film comes out, and you get the average punter off the street and ask them what they think of it, like, say its Batman vs Superman, they'd say something like "Oh man, Batman vs Superman? What a bust up! My money's on Superman! I don't know if Affleck can play Batman, and, who's the guy that plays Superman? That should be good!" honestly, the average person in the UK, no, like over 50% of the people you ask, are going to say "Oh, I don't know about that" and walk away.

Its such a loving annoying attitude. 'I dont know that in depth so I wont have a go'.

I think what sums up what I'm getting at is that I imagine something like 90% of all video games and DVDs / Blurays in the UK are probably bought in supermarkets from a selection of less than 20. (Because they only sell the top 20, but sometimes games that aren't a new Sims / Fifa / Lego budget oval office omnibus / budget random bullshit pile-em-high-sell-em-cheap kids game / CoD somehow make their way into the charts and the guy at Tesco can't cope with working out how many of that might sell so they just dont stock it). Despite these ill informed supermarket sales, about 99% of the computer games market is actually just chavs stealing games and selling them to Computer Exchange (second hand gaming store).

Yeah, I mean there's HoG. But, you know thats a MASSIVE aberration. Like, its to the point where if you see an Arcade anywhere that isn't gambling of some kind, or a pinball machine, its because the place you're in is American themed, and you can bet your rear end its broken and no one knows how to fix it or has the keys for it.

careful now

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

fozzy fosbourne posted:

It's from the same guy that made the Q mod. He's PFunk on the SFxT mod forum. He's good.

So why are they saving Alex until the 30th anyway? His files are there and everyone's getting him anyway.

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 29, 2016

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, yeah. You know someone is from the UK when they wax poetic about the ZX Spectrum, Amiga, Commodore 64 and the Master System. A good 90% of European-developed games in the 90s were complete trash. Euro-platformer is kind of a dirty word because they all sucked. They weren't playing the great games from glorious nippon that we were :japan:

Nah that's the thing, if someone was playing games back then, they're actually into computers and will either be a programmer who doesn't know about games but doesn't pretend to, or someone who went on to play things like rise of the triads, teenagent, quake rally, and who knows about stuff like streets of rage 3 having an old man called Zan in it despite never playing it. Those people probably DID play the Japanese stuff. You probably only hear from those people from the uk though because they're the only ones computer literate enough to have joined the internet before everything was 'an app'.

It's the people who are like 'AW YEAH I remember the PlayStation, old school!' That make up the vast vast majority. Basically, 99 out of 100 gamers in the UK will say their favorite game is 'EVO innit' or 'I only really play championship manager', but then when you remind them of golden eye they'll be like 'Aw mate! Old school!' And suddenly feel a really strong kinship towards you and offer you a spliff, despite golden eye being a rancid turd.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

fozzy fosbourne posted:

It's here. Not downloadable yet, it seems.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

The just frame version has slightly different particle effects and causes the victim to flip in the air.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Also she yells "HA" after the just frame version, "right there" after the normal version.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

!Klams posted:

Nah that's the thing, if someone was playing games back then, they're actually into computers and will either be a programmer who doesn't know about games but doesn't pretend to, or someone who went on to play things like rise of the triads, teenagent, quake rally, and who knows about stuff like streets of rage 3 having an old man called Zan in it despite never playing it. Those people probably DID play the Japanese stuff. You probably only hear from those people from the uk though because they're the only ones computer literate enough to have joined the internet before everything was 'an app'.

It's the people who are like 'AW YEAH I remember the PlayStation, old school!' That make up the vast vast majority. Basically, 99 out of 100 gamers in the UK will say their favorite game is 'EVO innit' or 'I only really play championship manager', but then when you remind them of golden eye they'll be like 'Aw mate! Old school!' And suddenly feel a really strong kinship towards you and offer you a spliff, despite golden eye being a rancid turd.

Did you get beaten up in school by football game loving kids or something?

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 29, 2016

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Ryu's challenge 10. I can't get the Axe kick to connect on time. Tips?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I was going to avoid mods but I'll be needing this one.

Ken's new DLC costume isn't even bad except for the hair. Again.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Renoistic posted:

You have to do a small walk forward between the s.HK and the s.HP. I did it in a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l2xYBPOph0&t=251s

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I can't get past the fact that Ken's hair looks like a solid plastic piece like he's Max Headroom or something. I thought it looked like that before, but now he's going into real uncanny valley territory. It's kind of amazing how the character models in this game look worse and more primitive than the ones they used in Street Fighter IV in 2009. Like, the characters' hair seriously does not look like hair

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Jmcrofts posted:

You have to do a small walk forward between the s.HK and the s.HP. I did it in a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l2xYBPOph0&t=251s

Thanks a bunch!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Gammatron 64 posted:

I can't get past the fact that Ken's hair looks like a solid plastic piece like he's Max Headroom or something. I thought it looked like that before, but now he's going into real uncanny valley territory. It's kind of amazing how the character models in this game look worse and more primitive than the ones they used in Street Fighter IV in 2009. Like, the characters' hair seriously does not look like hair

I think half of the problem is that they do closeups of the characters on the select screen, but they're the same model as in-game so every imperfection is highlighted to the point where you can't unsee it in-game. Yeah, Ken looks pretty dorky with his hair but in-game I don't focus on it as much and almost like it.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
loving lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're saving Alex until the 30th because reasons?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

interrodactyl posted:

Ryu has one of these too and idk how newer players are gonna figure it out since there's no input display on the demo

CC st.hk, MICROSHIMMY st.hp VT b+hk into stuff

If you don't walk forward Ryu is too far for early frames of b+hk to connect

I guess I got fight money but these are really dumb

hiddenriverninja posted:

You can watch the demo and see the walk happening?

Renoistic posted:

hmmmmm hmmmm

hhhjnmmmn

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

!Klams posted:

I'm that first guy. Luckily, there's lots of people in Manchester who are also that first guy, so we have an FGC. (NOT REALLY LOL, ALL THE VENUES KEEP CLOSING.)

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

!Klams posted:

99/100 people I know who play games play League of Legends, the Total War series and console stuff like Halo.

I tried playing TTT2 with a flatmate a while ago and all I did with Dragunov was sweep because they kept trying to roll backwards. If I landed a launcher, I just did something like jab-jab-kick. After two matches, they pulled my controller out and turned the console off, felt bad man. Said I was playing cheap.

League of Legends is poo poo. SFV is right now as well though.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Some people are saying Kens new outfit is a reference to the SF2 opening cinematic guy. Maybe.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

He looks like a hotline miami character

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

:golfclap: Gotta admit, this one caught me so offguard I nearly spilt my tea.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

interrodactyl posted:

i'm glad you have faith that new players are going to be able to see a 3f walk

meanwhile i hope you are having a better luck finishing that chun li #10 trial

I'm newish and I caught it in the demo, but only after whiffing the first hit of b.HK like 50 times and watching the demo maybe 10 times to try and figure out how Ryu was so close at v-trigger. I also recalled some poo poo in USFIV's Challenge Mode being similarly sneaky in its instructions, so barring that, I'd have probably given up and said nope this isn't even possible. I'm glad it "teaches" stuff like this to you, but a hint or something (lil more detail in the combo sequence?) would be nice.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

Mega Comrade posted:

Some people are saying Kens new outfit is a reference to the SF2 opening cinematic guy. Maybe.

Isnt that supposed to be Cody?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Taiso posted:

Isnt that supposed to be Cody?

It's Joe from SF1, IIRC

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Alex complete trials

Oh hey his Japanese voice is OK :3: All of his moves are still in, too (or 99% of them)

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone figure out how to mod music yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Awww sick, Alex has a parry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVgVyYgg4FY