Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

DeadGame posted:

Bulba, how can you fail Perturabo. Again and again, rejection. Again and again, failure. Your primarch gives everything to make your legion the greatest and you spurn him. Thankless, that mantle. He bears it alone. How long must the decimation continue until you return to the fold?

Speaking of Alpha Legion, I may now be a Word Bearers player. I'm a little tired of the "we can't tell you anything about what the Alpha Legion are doing, we'd have to kill you...besides we don't know anyway." And reading The First Heretic has me mos def converted to the cause of the Urizen.

Sup 17th Legion Buddy! If you have any questions about the army just let me know. I also think Peirre the Mime plays Word Bearers but he hasn't posted here in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Dear 30k Euro Goons, due to a blooper from FW I now have an extra copy of the updated crusade red book... which I'm giving away for just the cost of shipping (seems to be between 15 to 25 euros depending on the destination, what the gently caress Spain).

To get in, please tell me a funny little tidbit about one of your 30k experiences. For reference, I consider the Bulbasaur/Hixon/Panascope saga to be hilarious. I'll then pick one person to get it!

I'm not sure there's even one person interested in the first place though :v:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
So, I am just getting started with 30k, and my group is looking to get things going with a "painting escalation league"; everything must be painted to be played, and the points increase progressively over time. The first point level is going to be 500 points, which seems low enough that balance could be an issue, but it will at least make it easy to prep for.

Anyone have any suggestions for a Blood Angels list to run at that point level? I currently have 2 BaC sets, + 5 additional BaC Terminators, along with 2 Sicaran Battle Tanks, a Deredeo Dreadnought, and a ton of Contemptor Dreadnoughts with almost all of the arms options represented. My opponents will likely be Iron Warriors (likely Thud Gun spam, if he can afford it), Word Bearers (potentially summoning), World Eaters, and either Sons of Horus or traitor Dark Angels.

I've got years of 40k experience, but my 30k knowledge is a bit lacking, so any and all advice is welcome! Thanks.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Tell your friends to use strike force rules at sub 1k points.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Tell your friends to use strike force rules at sub 1k points.

What are those? I found something indicating that they are found in Book 2, but the only reference I found in Book 2 says to just use the CAD from standard 40k. Is that correct?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Broken Record Talk posted:

What are those? I found something indicating that they are found in Book 2, but the only reference I found in Book 2 says to just use the CAD from standard 40k. Is that correct?

Book 3, under "Victory Is Vengeance campaign." But since you're doing an escalation league, Zone Mortalis rules might be a better stepping stone since under VIV you'd be incentivized to paint a bunch of stuff you won't necessarily use in bigger games.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

The Sisko posted:

Sup 17th Legion Buddy! If you have any questions about the army just let me know. I also think Peirre the Mime plays Word Bearers but he hasn't posted here in a while.

I do have a question. Under what circumstances do you bring demons?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Mango Polo posted:

Dear 30k Euro Goons, due to a blooper from FW I now have an extra copy of the updated crusade red book... which I'm giving away for just the cost of shipping (seems to be between 15 to 25 euros depending on the destination, what the gently caress Spain).

To get in, please tell me a funny little tidbit about one of your 30k experiences. For reference, I consider the Bulbasaur/Hixon/Panascope saga to be hilarious. I'll then pick one person to get it!

In my first ever use of Vulkan in his spiffy Spartan with 10 Firedrakes in an apocalypse game I disembarked them on turn 1 to deal with the hated Xenos scum charging headlong at our lines.

It was pretty glorious as we had titans behind him and it was all very heroic. I was excited and placed them in a cool arrowhead formation.

The enemy used a strategic asset in our subsequent shooting phase to turn the guns of our lynch pin, the Reaver Titan, onto Vulkan and his boyfriends. 16 hits from D weapons later, Vulkan was on one wound with one Firedrake left.

15 Boyz then assaulted him next turn and killed him through some poor rolls. He killed 3 Orks.

I had to go have a sit down in a cafe next door.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
so i'm gonna start trying to do something with my 30k stuff again. what's the current consensus on leviathans? i really enjoy their aesthetic.

where are the rules for the deredeo printed? i thought i remember it having an ability to boost nearby invuln saves, but did that get errata'd out or not make it to print?

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

Crusade army list or legions book? I thought the former wasn't out yet.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so i'm gonna start trying to do something with my 30k stuff again. what's the current consensus on leviathans? i really enjoy their aesthetic.

where are the rules for the deredeo printed? i thought i remember it having an ability to boost nearby invuln saves, but did that get errata'd out or not make it to print?

Leviathans are awesome in a drop pod but a bit expensive points wise for what they do. Not an auto-include but worth a serious look.

In other news my Zone Mortalis Battlfield Network arrived this morning. Came in three large boxes. From what i've opened and inspected thus far I'm impressed. There are minimal defects and bubbles for such big bits of resin. They need to be de-greased, clamped and heatgunned a bit flatter but I could use the ones I've inspected to play a game today if I had time.

They also come blackish. Strange. Any suggestions on the paint scheme? the FW one looks good to me, but a google image search of alternates doesn't really impress me so far.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
are people running melee leviathans, or? it seems like the ranged weapons can cover any of the bases that the melee weapons can.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
I run one and one, the shooting weapons are great but so is the claw, especially if you end up fighting mechanicum or the rare EW dude.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

are people running melee leviathans, or? it seems like the ranged weapons can cover any of the bases that the melee weapons can.

I run mine with a claw, a drill and a drop pod. The rules are geared towards melee so thats what I use it for. Ranged upgrades while very nice make it a bit more expensive then it needs to be. There are plenty of other ranged options for legions that are cheaper.

Keep it simple. Face towards enemy and administer hugs.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I see two builds really- snippy claw and bombard for killing off infantry, skimmers, rapiers, or bikes. Murder drill and melta lance for coming at armour. They are a bit expensive, but definitely a good choice. I don't think I'd ever run one with two ranged weapons or without a drop pod since there's other stuff that does it cheaper.

krursk posted:

Leviathans are awesome in a drop pod but a bit expensive points wise for what they do. Not an auto-include but worth a serious look.

In other news my Zone Mortalis Battlfield Network arrived this morning. Came in three large boxes. From what i've opened and inspected thus far I'm impressed. There are minimal defects and bubbles for such big bits of resin. They need to be de-greased, clamped and heatgunned a bit flatter but I could use the ones I've inspected to play a game today if I had time.

They also come blackish. Strange. Any suggestions on the paint scheme? the FW one looks good to me, but a google image search of alternates doesn't really impress me so far.

I haven't seen a cool alternative color scheme either. I think the trick is to get some cool looking crates, boxes, and barrels. Paint them up some muted green, red, or yellow colors and scatter them around the board. The stock scheme is a bit bland, but if you go full hog it'll draw attention away from your minis.

e: I kinda like this yellow drybrush method for the floor.

You could make the trim tin colored and have coal black or lightly olive colored walls. Or maybe coal black walls and muted red or olive doors. That would make it look like a military instillation and the complementary colors would be nice and warm. Just don't make them too bright.

ee: Or orange. Orange looks cool too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb5MtwN3c2k

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 31, 2016

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

krursk posted:

Careful with your heat gun bro. I've used one on the larger city tiles, and if you don't apply the heat evenly, you'll end up wavy, which is easy enough to fix in the moment, but check for it before you let your resin cool, otherwise you'll have to do it again, which is a pain. Make sure to hit your tiles with a brush pretty heavily while doing your initial cleaning of the resin, as sometimes you end up with corners and grooves that have more release agent left on it than you'd like, and which you only notice after you begin painting and all the primer and acrylics drag away from those spots, as they don't always become apparent during priming, which is also annoying. As for paint schemes, I stuck with greys and browns to give off more of a stone look. The zone mortalis tiles can go the same way, or you could see if some metallics with a wash work for you as well. I'd probably stick to a muted scheme, especially if your army contrasts well with that sort of thing. You're dropping a lot of cash on the table, might as well make your boys look dope when they dance on it.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Finally finished my Alpha contemptor. Have mostly been working on some 40k AdMech so this guy took a while to get around to the final touches and sealing.

His name is Ancient Cor Talus. (After the cortalus atrox - western rattlesnake).

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Most of the guys I play against either run them with the Siege Drill & Siege Claw or with double Grav-flux Bombards and a Phosphex Discharger. So far, I have suffered far more from the ranged setup, than from the melee one. 2 AP2 Large Blasts, that wound based on a 2 dice Toughness test, with Ignores Cover and Pinning is absolutely brutal, and when you Drop Pod the bastard into the fight, the 18" range isn't much of an issue.

Germ
May 7, 2013

My first game was a blast. It was nice to not have to worry about crazy formation shenanigans. It was surprisingly brutal for a bunch of muscle dudes in power armour. We ended up playing the mission where you try and get into your opponent's deployment zone, with my Decapitation Strike RG against his Ultramarines with Roberto Girlyman.

During the second turn (he went first), a land raider disgorged Roberto and his friends (UMs in artificer armour?), who threatened to charge a big tactical blob with Alvarex Maun. With 5 inches to charge, he rolled a 3, re-rolled, and rolled another 3. With some good reserve rolls, I dropped in a plasma support squad and a melta support squad. Between them and the twin Kheres Mortis, I was able to get rid of the bodyguard and take the primarch down to one wound. A fury of the legion from the nearby tac squad later, and Girlyman was no more. Didn't get to make good use of my Dark Furies and Mor Deythan, though, as I was too cautious with them.

One question, though. Decapitation Strike gives RG preferred enemy against ICs. Does that mean, when rolling against a unit with an IC in it, I gain the reroll of 1s for all of the dice? And it works in shooting and close combat? That's how we played it, and it was incredible. It seemed almost too good.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hey Hencoe, I have some news to cheer you up. At the top of pg 19 in the new red book Siege Tyrants are still elites choices. Then on the next page they are heavy support.

Which one is the typo? Forge your own narrative!

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

BULBASAUR posted:

Hey Hencoe, I have some news to cheer you up. At the top of pg 19 in the new red book Siege Tyrants are still elites choices. Then on the next page they are heavy support.

Which one is the typo? Forge your own narrative!

Saw that, was worth a laugh. Built two sicarans and a predator last night, only two more preds to go until I can run my armored breakthrough. Gunna be a blast.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

I'm disappointed nobody has a story for this.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

panascope posted:

I'm disappointed nobody has a story for this.

If it wasn't just for eurogoons, I'd make something up about hixson so self-righteous and spergy that it'd be completely believeable and win by default.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

I posted one, unless I'm on ignore for all goons and had no idea

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Lord Twisted posted:

I posted one, unless I'm on ignore for all goons and had no idea

No we good, also for the PMs, just have not had much energy for extra stuff since I started my new job.

I'll close the deal on Monday and get it shipped that same week :)

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

No worries buddy, appreciate it. My gaming group needs a copy as we don't have any of the books so far but are now getting hardcore into 30k! I'm UK based if that helps.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've been kind of tinkering with the Dark Angels' Ironwing rite of war recently because it's focused on mechanized infantry and I kind of always did that in 40k. I thought I might want to continue that trend as I expand my 30k army. Plus, the other DA RoW is Ravenwing and that's not about to happen until there are plastic jetbikes. Here are the rules for it before I get too far ahead of myself:
IRONWING
Pros:
*Interlocking Fire - Tank squadrons of two or more get BS5
*Exterminators - Infantry that shoot at enemies within 12" with pistol, rapid fire, or salvo weapons with less than strength 5 get +1 to wound
*Dust of Untold Worlds - Tanks get to ignore their first failed terrain test and get +1" to moving flat out
*Goliaths of War - Dreadnoughts of all types get Tank Hunter and Fear

Cons:
*All infantry must begin the game in transports with enough capacity to hold them. These must all be tanks because, well, no poo poo
*Half of all of the units in the army must be tanks
*If all of the tanks get blown up, your opponent gets a Secondary Objective
*No fortifications or allied detachments

With that out of the way, how the gently caress do you run this? Obviously, all of your infantry units take dedicated transports to cover their own inclusion in the army with a tank. Going off of that, you can take three units of tanks in heavy support, right? That's it. Tanks don't exist in Fast Attack or Elites outside of dedicated transports. That means you can have three units of non-tanks without dedicated transports. Fair enough. Too bad that includes the HQ choice used to unlock the RoW in the first place leaving you with only two options. You're also going to want to take dreadnoughts for that neat bonus, but there goes another slot. Maybe even both depending on what you want to run. Leviathans and Deredeos aren't options at all as they take up Heavy Support slots and even taking one necessitates a tank counterpart. I mean, they're possible, but it's a stupid idea. No room within these restrictions for a second HQ choice or even some apothecaries to toss around without gimping the rest of the list. While that +1 to wound bonus would be amazing with sniper vets or seekers maybe it's smarter to spend those points on a big squad of terminators in a spartan for some sort of close combat threat? Maybe two or three contemptors are enough melee instead? I don't know.

I have no idea what I'm doing or if this RoW is even worth bothering with. It seemed interesting, but actually thinking about that "half of all units must be tanks" restriction makes it kind of difficult to work with. I have been assuming that a tank squadron counts as one unit for list-building purposes. Same with dreadnought talons. However, a list like this could easily have 10+ vehicles at 1850-2000 points which could potentially include a bunch of dreadnoughts. That appeals to me because I am a crazy person.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I doodled a couple lists with that RoW and I think the key things that made it come together were troops always in Rhinos and a squadron of 3 Predators (usually near-naked, sometimes with las sponsons) to open up other choices. The Dread bonus is pretty great, so taking any flavor is gonna be fine as some of your non-tank slots and honor guard/vets/terminators in a Spartan is not bad. But mostly you want to spam dudes in transports and the cheap squadron armor on the list as your core. The bonuses really reward volume, so it seems like it's best to just keep units cheap and have as many as possible.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Yo panascope. Here is a blurb you can use with the blood angels

The blood angels, as you might expect, lives and dies in melee. They get a +1 to wound rolls (which is important, as it isn't +1S) and access to one of the best weapons in the game, the blade of perdition. Their RoWs either consists of vomiting assault marines all over the board in turn one, giving them 5+ cover and pinning on their ranged weaponsand causing deep striking dreadnoughts in their droppods to get 3+ cover save or 2+ if nightfighting, in addition to getting +1 ini when they charge. The other RoW is a wierd thing where your units gets +4 FNP when reduced to half strength, but cant score or deny.

Here's white scars

Crazy mongols on bikes and jetbikes. Hit and Run on their bikes and jetbikes is hilariously good, coupled with power glaives, which currently stands as probably THE best melee weapon in the game, makes these dudes strong and mobile force. RoW is either making GBS threads out more bikes than God, but you are going to feel devastatingly outnumbered due to the fact that you cant really blob tacticals, or a wierd-rear end RoW which on a 6+ gives you a VP instead of the opponent if one of your VP-giving units dies, on a 4-5, no-one gets a VP. Could be hilarious for VP denying your way to victory.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 1, 2016

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I'll edit the OP once I'm home.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I doodled a couple lists with that RoW and I think the key things that made it come together were troops always in Rhinos and a squadron of 3 Predators (usually near-naked, sometimes with las sponsons) to open up other choices. The Dread bonus is pretty great, so taking any flavor is gonna be fine as some of your non-tank slots and honor guard/vets/terminators in a Spartan is not bad. But mostly you want to spam dudes in transports and the cheap squadron armor on the list as your core. The bonuses really reward volume, so it seems like it's best to just keep units cheap and have as many as possible.
It all comes down to what counts as a "tank unit". I think a squadron counts as a single unit regardless of the number of tanks included in it. So three predators counts the same as one when figuring out the restrictions of the RoW, assuming they're in the same squadron. I think that's sort of dumb, but such is life and it forces a mechanized infantry force which is what this RoW is all about. The tank and dreadnought bonuses are nice though. To illustrate what I'm trying to talk about a bit better, here's a lovely list:

Ironwing MkI - 1850
HQ
*Centurion (Delegatus) - 115 points (-1 tank point)
Artificer armor, terranic greatsword (master-crafted), refractor field, meltabombs, and a combi-plasma

Troops
*10-man Tactical Squad - 230 points (0 tank points)
Rhino, combat knives for the squad, and a sergeant with artificer, calibanite warblade, and meltabombs
*10-man Tactical Squad - 230 points (0 tank points)
Rhino, combat knives for the squad, and a sergeant with artificer, calibanite warblade, and meltabombs

Elites
*Contemptor-Cortus Talon - 300 points (-1 tank point)
Two dreadnoughts with multi-melta, fist, and a meltagun at 150 points each
They have Tank Hunters and Fear from the RoW
*9-man Veteran Squad - 290 points (0 tank points)
Rhino, one suspensor heavy bolter with acid rounds, meltabombs for the squad, and a sergeant with artificer and a calibanite warblade
The Delegatus rides here

Fast Attack
*7-man Seeker Squad - 290 points (0 tank points)
Rhino and five combis, probably plasmas
Could be replaced by a plasma repeater support squad, but the seekers' special ammo works well with the RoW and BS5 plasma with preferred enemy is perfectly fine too

Heavy Support
*Predator squadron - 220 points (+1 tank point)
Two predators with executioner plasma cannons and no sponsons
Kept as one squadron for the BS5 bonus
*Sicaran - 175 points (+1 tank point)
Lascannon sponsons

Total points: 1850
Total tank points: 0, indicating a perfect split between tank and non-tank units

Hopefully this expresses what I'm talking about a bit better than my earlier rambling. It's completely unoptimized and a bunch of points could be saved by tossing the knives and all of the sergeants' fancy gear. Whatever. This is the Dark Angels, that's all they have going for them. It is also completely lacking in AP2 melee other than the dreadnoughts which were downgraded to cortus models to save 80 points. There is a lot of AP2 shooting though and both the seekers and veterans are scoring units on top of the two tactical squads. That's thanks to the 7th edition FAQ, of course. Anyways, a list critique isn't the point of this, I just wanted to illustrate how restrictive this RoW can be. I think it can be made to work, but 1850 is going to be difficult. It'd be easier to simply roll with Pride of the Legion or some poo poo.

In larger games, I'll probably look at taking a squadron of laser destroyer vindicators. I don't know if they're needed much at 1850, but they should come in handy against the heavier armored units that would start showing up in larger games. BS5 from the RoW and twin-linked means they'll almost never miss too. As for the non-tank unit that'll unlock, maybe a xiphon? Those seem pretty drat rad. I still have no idea what I'm doing.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

panascope posted:

I'll edit the OP once I'm home.

Can you also change the Emperor's Children?

This Legion is all about speed and moist tunes. Their special rules make them faster and better at striking first, their wargear is focused about charging first, striking first, and loving with WS. Comes in speed and ~just as planned~, or SEX, DRUGS, ROCK N' ROLL . Play this army if you like space drugs and metal riffs so insane they make your head explode.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
30k sucks below 3k points, maybe even 3.5k

the rows are cool ways to do cool stuff but with the contortionist level of list-twisting you need to do to make most of the legion-specific ones work in smaller point games you're better off just running a list that's consistent on the table. why are you doing all of this for +1 bs on your four tanks

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 2, 2016

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
toss some breachers in a proteus instead and have them walk next to it shooting poo poo with their better bolters. bring more tanks. who gives a poo poo about tank hunters or fear on dreads. if you're insisting on it drop the bullshit crappy contemptors and take a leviathan. you have four tanks that aren't paperweights in a row that's about using tanks.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
Got in two games today, my Death Guard vs a friend's Salamanders. One 1500pt game and one 1000pts Zone Mortalis (using mashed together Space Hulk and Calth card stuff).

First game started well, I seized a couple of objectives early and my Rapiers one-shotted his Predator Executioner. Next couple of turns were closely fought, until my Land Raider blew up forcing my Praetor and Deathshroud to footslog and get tied up by a Contemptor. Then his Pyroclasts had some rather successful rounds of burning stuff and it was all over. The game was super tense at times and a really good fun.

Really need more mobility in the list (and should probably stop taking Breachers at such relatively low points level, no matter how cool the models are).

ZM game was also great. First time we'd tried out the rules but it went pretty smoothly. My Praevian and Castellax took revenge on his Pyroclasts, which was very satisfying. Another close fought one, but this time I came out on top, despite some atrocious morale checks...

Overall, a good few hours gaming! I meant to take pics but ended up only remembering to take this one of my Breacher's last stand on the flank during the first game

Lobster God fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 2, 2016

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

30k sucks below 3k points, maybe even 3.5k

Incorrect, 30k is perfect at 2k and less.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

toss some breachers in a proteus instead and have them walk next to it shooting poo poo with their better bolters. bring more tanks. who gives a poo poo about tank hunters or fear on dreads. if you're insisting on it drop the bullshit crappy contemptors and take a leviathan. you have four tanks that aren't paperweights in a row that's about using tanks.
I wasn't posting that list for a critique, just to illustrate how that RoW's restrictions would work in practice. It's a lovely example I tossed together just to hit 1850 and abide by the RoW's restrictions while showcasing units that would benefit from it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
actually no game using the wh40k rules is good at sub 2k points, unless you mortgage your home and buy the million dollar barbie zone mortalis battle crunch antechamber, in which case zone mortalis is cool

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
ZM is cool, you can use dry pasta to make the wall layout/outline and play with that. Penne are great to start with, but pros know that farfalle's are where it's at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

DeadGame posted:

Finally finished my Alpha contemptor. Have mostly been working on some 40k AdMech so this guy took a while to get around to the final touches and sealing.

His name is Ancient Cor Talus. (After the cortalus atrox - western rattlesnake).
Very nice Dread paintjob, so I want to make sure you get the name right - the correct rattlesnake genus name is Crotalus, so "Cro Talus" for your guy.

(Did my undergrad in zoology.)