Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Hey, I liked Armored Core =(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Electric Lady posted:

Hey, I liked Armored Core =(

That's good then you'll have fun. Go get a Souls game, any one you want and have fun.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
DS1 was a little better than DS2 IMO so start there

gotta be cheap to pick it up now

but like yeah you can start with any one of them and be fine, really

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I would've kept the redtext in most situations (see: that fuckin ridiculous dota 2 drama one I had for like three years) but calling me a "oval office retard" is a little much.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

I would've kept the redtext in most situations (see: that fuckin ridiculous dota 2 drama one I had for like three years) but calling me a "oval office retard" is a little much.

What?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Someone bought me a redtext avatar featuring spaghet and said something about how I poo poo up threads (true) while also throwing slurs around (not true & also not cool)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Red text is a good concept but most people that but then for people aren't actually remotely clever or funny so it ends up being terrible.

I'm probably gonna get a red text for saying that, aren't I?

Anyways, I'm playing Earthbound for the first time after years of putting it off. I'm already a little bit in (I'm playing as Jeff right now) but is there anything I should know going forward?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Someone bought me a redtext avatar featuring spaghet and said something about how I poo poo up threads (true) while also throwing slurs around (not true & also not cool)

That's super dumb. Also you lost your Lapis av, which also sucks.

Still a good new av though.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Golden Goat posted:

That's super dumb. Also you lost your Lapis av, which also sucks.

Still a good new av though.

The transparency issue was bugging the poo poo out of me so I was gonna replace it in a couple months anyway.

Hello Games chat thread I woke up like an hour ago and my head is pounding.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

The transparency issue was bugging the poo poo out of me so I was gonna replace it in a couple months anyway.

Hello Games chat thread I woke up like an hour ago and my head is pounding.

Take something for it, eat a good breakfast and drink water.

What's everybody gonna play today?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
As mentioned, I'm gonna play Earthbound :)

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
My trash grindathon f2p online games probably.

Every time I look at Valkyria Chronicles on my Steam list I stare at it wistfully and then put off on playing it yet again.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

final fantasy XII, I think I can handle the plot now that I'm not as dumb as I was when I first played it

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
cut grindathon number-embiggening simulator F2P games out of your life like the gangrenous cyst they are

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

axleblaze posted:

As mentioned, I'm gonna play Earthbound :)
I never finished that, I always get so far and just sorta drop it. Super adorable game.

Lady Naga posted:

My trash grindathon f2p online games probably.

Also why are you subjecting yourself to trash online games?

After work soon wither I or the BF are gonna play Dark Souls 1/2. Then probably play a non-video game.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm probably going to finish my first run of Undertale when I get home from work.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Golden Goat posted:

Also why are you subjecting yourself to trash online games?

BF and I hang out pretty much all day & I think I have ADHD so I'm multitasking most times I'm playing games so I need things that are low-impact and plotless, that way when I split my attention to watch TV or w/e I'm not missing out on much.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I really appreciate the escalation missions in the new Hitman game. They're challenging in a fun way, and require me to rethink my strategies constantly. They added 4 escalations to the Paris map since release, and I finished the first one last night after chipping away at it for a while. The first step that always needed to be completed was to kill the guard in the royal's room as a palace staff. So for the first four steps I would start in the basement already disguised as the staff, head outside, climb a pipe to the second floor, then shimmy a long way around to get into another balcony to kill the guy. The last step introduced trip wires, so I had to re-examine my strategy. In the end I would up with a new route that was safer and faster, and I found a new way to enter into the royal's room.

There's a bunch of stuff I still haven't figured out, like the location of the safe room, how to trigger an alarm to make my targets run to the safe room, where the vampire outfit is, etc. I only just noticed that remote explosives have always been available from my prep screen, so I need to go back into the main Paris mission and blow up some people. There's something akin to MGSV here where you can learn the static layout and come into the mission empty handed once you know where some coins, the master key, some rat poison, and a disguise are. It helps when you are working on the last step of an escalation, and while easing your way towards the last goal something goes wrong and you have to scramble to kill a guy then race to the basement to delete the security footage without setting off any explosives on the way. And since you can't save in the middle of an escalation mission, squeezing out a sloppy success is preferable to restarting the whole mission.

One of my big complaints about it is that the tools you are rewarded with aren't very useful. Like, I've earned a half dozen or so big guns that seem to go against the whole point of being a silent assassin. I guess they'd be fun to mess around with, but I'd like more things like sleeping gas or a noise maker. Give me more spy toys.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I hope stuff like Hitman and SUPER HOT bring back an era of Time Splitters style of gameplay where the "meat" of the experience is running through the levels again and again through different paths/on a time limit/with certain restrictions/ etc.

Also halfway through making this post I got a rent increase notice so that's cool.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Jay Rust posted:

final fantasy XII, I think I can handle the plot now that I'm not as dumb as I was when I first played it

the story's not that complicated, it just falls off at the halfway point.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I installed Assassin's Creed 2 the other day since I've had it forever on Steam and remembered liking it ages ago on 360.

I don't think I like Assassin's Creed games any more.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
rear end Creed 2 has not aged particularly well since Brotherhood took everything 2 did and just did it better.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Waterloo World is really cool

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

axleblaze posted:

Anyways, I'm playing Earthbound for the first time after years of putting it off. I'm already a little bit in (I'm playing as Jeff right now) but is there anything I should know going forward?

Use "Help" on every single item you encounter. And buy hints from the Hint guy.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Hell, same.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What did we do now?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh geez, looks like Square Enix is censoring their games by giving their female teenage characters thicker underwear. Truly the West does not appreciate true art

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
It's a little comforting to know that everyone being terrible is something that transcends cultural barriers.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
How do you say " SJW cuck" in Japanese?

EDIT: oh poo poo I didn't know there was a filter for these words. God bless this forum, that's the best thing

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Did we talk about the Tracer thing in here? Because that was ridiculous too.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

VoidBurger posted:

EDIT: oh poo poo I didn't know there was a filter for these words. God bless this forum, that's the best thing

ロボコップは私はクソバカです

99 percent sure this is actually gibberish

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Japan weighs in on Overwatch's #Assgate

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lady Naga posted:

rear end Creed 2 has not aged particularly well since Brotherhood took everything 2 did and just did it better.

Is AC3 worth playing at all? I've heard bad things, but I picked it up for like $3 a few years back so :shrug:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's pretty lame but at that price point I'm sure it's fine.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

VoidBurger posted:

寝取られレフティ

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I don't even know why I'm entertaining the idea of AC games when I have Shadow of Mordor.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well AC2 taught me about some of the landmarks in Florence so it's basically edutainment

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lizard Wizard posted:

I don't even know why I'm entertaining the idea of AC games when I have Shadow of Mordor.

AC Black Flag has pirate boats in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I played my 360 copy of Assassins Creed 2 that I got with Games With Gold finally like a week or two ago and it's not terrible. I'll probably go back and finish it at some point. Crawling around on buildings is cool. It is literally the only Assassins Creed anything I've ever played though.

• Locked thread