Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Ayyyyyyy! Suddenly one of them is totally my jam.

Offline. Where I can't gently caress it up for everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Yessss :getin:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I wholeheartedly agree, mainly because it looks like it's a combination of the best parts of Warehouse and Armored Transport: Train. It looks like one person can play a spotter with a silenced sniper rifle, while the rest of the crew sneaks around hauling loot. I kinda like that idea.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

This. Stealth heists best heists (except GoatHeist)

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Oh boy, here comes Shadow Raid 2: Electric Boogaloo

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

You hope; Shadow Raid can be rushed.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Even if there isn't really a good place for a player to hang out and spot guards with the Theia, the drones will maybe give a player bad at stealth a good thing to do in the heist.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I hope that if stealth breaks, the bomb immediately goes off and everyone dies :allears:

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I hope everyone dies anyway and it turns out everyone is able to revive like Jimmy and somewhere out there are millions of resurrected police who decided they don't need to put up with this poo poo.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

BillmasterCozb posted:

I hope that if stealth breaks, the bomb immediately goes off and everyone dies :allears:

It's an EMP, so the worst that could happen is your electronics failing, Unless it's some kind of "micro-nuke"or some nonsense.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I hope that if you chain 2 or more ecms together, it creates interference that makes the bomb go off.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I hope none of you become game designers.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Lolnoob1 sez the stealth-only heist will have dynamic, specialized music like Shadow Raid or Alesso.

Weird; the animations on the site make it look like you're opening the vault from the inside.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

I hope so, shadow raid is a good stealth map solo or in groups. And i've enjoyed many a DW solo shadow raid and then letting people join on me for the payout

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
DW shadow raid has filled many a safehouse vault, friends

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Shadowed Bacon posted:

It's an EMP, so the worst that could happen is your electronics failing, Unless it's some kind of "micro-nuke"or some nonsense.

Break stealth, mute Bain :getin:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

For better or worse I think we should anticipate the return of an anti-ECM measure like on Hoxvenge. The website also mentions tripwires, and I'm not positive the drones are ours.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

For better or worse I think we should anticipate the return of an anti-ECM measure like on Hoxvenge. The website also mentions tripwires, and I'm not positive the drones are ours.

Agreed - they've obviously learned their lesson about ECM chaining and stealth heists. I highly doubt that's ever going to be a viable strategy again with new content.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm an idiot who doesn't know how2github and I directed people to download the master branch of Big Lobby. We should have downloaded the actual release. It's possible some of the really silly things that happened were the result of us doing that, or maybe not and silly things just happen with this mod. Regardless it's probably a good idea to replace your poo poo with the latest release.

https://github.com/polarathene/biglobby/releases

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The first is a quote from a ninja action novel for teens, "The Revenge of Praying Mantis". Iunno.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 29, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I can see using an ECM crashes the drones, which alerts nearby guards; that seems like a great way to make them useless and it's in keeping with Overkill's, er, "design philosophy".

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
A new stealth-oriented heist sounds fun actually, Shadow Raid lost a bit of its luster for me after it got pre-planning. As much as I cursed the roof zipline compared to the boat zipline when I got it, it made things more interesting to have to work around that sometimes instead of always having the same asset distribution.

ECM rushing should be countered by interesting+randomized objectives that take time to complete, like Hoxvenge has.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I don't mind ecms as "ohshit" panic button that gives a small time window to fix poo poo and then continue stealthing. I do mind them used in a chain to just trivialize a job entirely.

Shadow Raid and Election Day 2A are great stealth heists. I want more of that poo poo, just hold the ecm chains.

Fake edit: to balance out the ecm chain nerf, maybe make so that to prevent cascades, all pagers answered within a certain small time window only burn one pager answer. Sure, you could then clean out a bunch of guards, maybe 16 guards off the map at maximum, but that would require coordination and would then yield a nice bonus. Then again, if you really got more than 10 guards off the map, you could get some rear end in a top hat special guards to check things out, kind of like in Framing Frame 3 and Election Day 2A. All that could keep things much more lively and interesting.

Oh poo poo I'm turning into a stealth version of vox

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Geight posted:

A new stealth-oriented heist sounds fun actually, Shadow Raid lost a bit of its luster for me after it got pre-planning. As much as I cursed the roof zipline compared to the boat zipline when I got it, it made things more interesting to have to work around that sometimes instead of always having the same asset distribution.

ECM rushing should be countered by interesting+randomized objectives that take time to complete, like Hoxvenge has.

I'm in full agreement about the Shadow Raid assets being unneeded.

Hoxvenge has another ECM countermeasure- the timelock on the saferoom won't count down while ECMs are in effect.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Twelve players. You can't even see everyone. At one point we hit 14, but not while in the lobby.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm in full agreement about the Shadow Raid assets being unneeded.

Hoxvenge has another ECM countermeasure- the timelock on the saferoom won't count down while ECMs are in effect.

the only asset you need is the dumpster loot drop off near the warehouse.

Maybe this map will get a loud-only rework like Shadow Raid/Meltdown next year.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
It's not whether Shadow Raid's assets are needed or not, it's just a less fun heist when they're always the same assets in the same place, to me anyways.

Discendo Vox posted:

That's a good one too. I agree with the other guy that ECMs are great as panic buttons, but not interesting when they're used to just sprint through a heist.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the nature of stealth in this game though means that they are not even really good panic buttons

i mean if someone gets alerted, okay fine, you could theoretically drop an ECM to keep them from calling in the alarm, but you're still going to need to kill and clean them if you're going to continue the heist in actual stealth. if they're not around their comrades you probably could have just blasted them with your silenced baby deagle or judge or shouted at them with dominator or any of a half dozen other things and the ECM is completely unnecessary. if they are anywhere near their allies then you're going to run into an uncool cascade that will torpedo the run regardless unless you start ECM chaining. pager blockers actually make this issue worse since you can't clean someone until you've answered their pager, so if you drop someone after an oh poo poo ECM you've got to wait another 30 seconds, in addition to the 10 it takes to answer the pager. you best really loving hope there's nobody around at that point.

like seriously i cannot think of a single situation where ECMs actually are a good stealth 'oh poo poo' button that can save something threatening to go bad. the best i can think of is the ECM placed directly before taking H&T or Go, which is pre-emptive, not reactive. i'm cool with the idea of ECMs giving padding in sensitive portions of heists but that is very, very far away from how they are traditionally used. they're traditionally used to crack open doors and chain to trivialize a heist. that's completely it.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Hot take: ecms block pagers by default; the old "block pagers" skill now lets pager calls come through, speeds up the pager answer by some amount for the ecm duration and also makes ecm deployment quicker, maybe take 0,5 second with the skill.

Bam, now you have a panic button ecm.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Well, we'll be getting info on the new ECM skills this week anyways, so we'll see. :v:

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
I think I'd prefer to let dead guards be baggable when their pagers are blocked, but the pager still goes off in the bag and it's a longer interaction (15 or 20 seconds instead of 10), so you need to get the bag to a safe place before the ECM runs out. There's no way that would ever happen, especially with Overkill coding, but it's a fun pipe dream.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'd rather there be a way to neutralize the drones outside of destroying them if downing any of them costs an alert. Like a shutdown switch somewhere on the premises or their own little camera operator.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

Well, we'll be getting info on the new ECM skills this week anyways, so we'll see. :v:

If they're going in order, we get Technician this week.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

If they're going in order, we get Technician this week.

:thejoke:

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 29, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Where's the joke? :iiam:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Where's the joke? :iiam:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Technician getting ECMs and the resulting mess that would occur in terms of skill structure.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
vox you're a horrible joker

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

It appears drones are stationary, so my suspicion, based on file leaks, is that they may just function as cameras in an outdoor area. If a drone is broken, you may have the ability to pick it up to prevent a guard alerting off of its remains.

BillmasterCozb posted:

vox you're a horrible joker

It's a trash skill anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Discendo Vox posted:

It's a trash skill anyways.

don't take it. it's not your style