Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is AC3 worth playing at all? I've heard bad things, but I picked it up for like $3 a few years back so :shrug:

I'm not sure it's worth your time, its easily the worst game in the series.

Lady Naga posted:

Did we talk about the Tracer thing in here? Because that was ridiculous too.

Blizzard fans have the best reactions when they lose their poo poo so the whole thing is an impromptu schadenfreude holiday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

axleblaze posted:

Red text is a good concept but most people that but then for people aren't actually remotely clever or funny so it ends up being terrible.

I'm probably gonna get a red text for saying that, aren't I?

Anyways, I'm playing Earthbound for the first time after years of putting it off. I'm already a little bit in (I'm playing as Jeff right now) but is there anything I should know going forward?

When you get to Fourside make sure Paula isn't carrying any cool items you'll want to use in battle.

Other than that you should be fine, the early going is the only real hump in the game and I don't remember any gotchas after Fourside.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

Oh geez, looks like Square Enix is censoring their games by giving their female teenage characters thicker underwear. Truly the West does not appreciate true art
I love how gamers treat butts and underage girl panties as anything else but the cynical pandering for goon money that it actually is.

R. Mika's rear end is meaningful art, drat it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Accordion Man posted:

I love how gamers treat butts and underage girl panties as anything else but the cynical pandering it actually is.

Au contraire, they know it's cynical pandering and they love it.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lady Naga posted:

Au contraire, they know it's cynical pandering and they love it.
Nah lately it seems like they have even lost that sense of self-awareness.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Accordion Man posted:

Most never had any self-awareness to begin with.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Accordion Man posted:

No, there's no perceived deeper meaning to it. They're straight-up upset that they're being withheld from being able to see women as slightly less of objects than the way they see them.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
They don't even care in any 'real' sense as evidenced by the fact that they treat every single time it comes up as some sort of giant joke. It's just an excuse to take it to those fuckin' prudes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Strawmen are all like doo doo da doo!" "Nah, man, they're all like dee dee da dee!"

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Strawmen are all like doo doo da doo!" "Nah, man, they're all like dee dee da dee!"

And they all just want for a brain.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm glad they have someone around to go to bat for them at least.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also Phil Fish was right.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

May I ask what this in reference to?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Wamdoodle posted:

Read The Thread™

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Wamdoodle posted:

No underage girl panties in Star Ocean 5 because of the big bad West and their hatred of sexualizing children.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FactsAreUseless posted:

A perfect username/post combo, imo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Accordion Man posted:

No underage girl panties in Star Ocean 5 because of the big bad West and their hatred of sexualizing children.

B-b-but the character is totally 18!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Wamdoodle posted:

Foreign nerds made that panties are being rendered invisible in the final version of Star Ocean 5. I think this was mentioned in the RPG thread but not in this one, so there you have it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Foreign nerds made that panties are being rendered invisible in the final version of Star Ocean 5. I think this was mentioned in the RPG thread but not in this one, so there you have it.

invisible panties sound way worse tbh

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lizard Wizard posted:

invisible panties sound way worse tbh

I...hm.

It is to say, more accurate that they replaced the panties with a big diaper or something.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is AC3 worth playing at all? I've heard bad things, but I picked it up for like $3 a few years back so :shrug:

everyone says it's bad but i don't remember why. probably the child parts. i really liked the countryside maps though

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I...hm.

It is to say, more accurate that they replaced the panties with a big diaper or something.

"Hopefully this diaper will stop those filthy ephebophiles from sexualizing my character."

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
rear end Creed 3 was bad because it had a painfully stupid story and a horrible protagonist. It will make you go "I don't think I know what is going on but I'm pretty sure it's dumb and maybe mildly racist" frequently.

The cities are cool though and probably feel more "alive" than any other game in the series.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lady Naga posted:

Read The Thread™

I refuse :colbert:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I see. Thank you to everyone who recapped :tipshat:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
If you've played any two console Assassin's Creed games, you can call it quits for the rest of the series. Like, some are better than others, but the formula is so strictly adhered to that you will miss nothing of consequence if you skip them. I say this as a person who's played AC1, 2, 2:B, 2:R, 3, and 4. Sometimes I look at AC: Syndicate but I know that it's the same old song and dance with a few new window trimmings. I'm glad they're taking a break for a year or two. Maybe when they come back to AC they'll bring some fresh ideas, or so much time will have passed that it will feel fresh, at least.

The best scenario is one where Armored Core makes a huge VR-assisted comeback and retakes the AC acronym. Then FROM can make a gritty dystopian game with giant mecha and call it Armored Core: Syndicate, bringing brand confusion to an uncomfortable head.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

ac3 has a pretty bad story but you got to play bocce with george washington and run around beautiful new england. ac4 has an okay story of "i want to be a pirate and live for myself forever forget helping anyone. oh no my friends are dying all the time as Civilization starts to impose creeping order on our islands. also i saw a mighty moonman temple"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
AC Rogue's story is OIM AN ANGRY OIRISHMUN

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FAITH AND BEGORRAH

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Fromsoft should make an asscreed style game

An assassin game where every guard and civilian can kill you if you let them

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

AC Rogue's story is OIM AN ANGRY OIRISHMUN

sounds more like he's from the west country

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I...hm.

I wanna say "bloomers" is the word you're looking for.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Where's Assassin Creed's butt? What kind of a name is Assassin Creed anyway.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

VoidBurger posted:

Where's Assassin Creed's butt? What kind of a name is Assassin Creed anyway.
Because originally it was referring to the Assassins' creed of, "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

"assassin's creed" isn't actually a person, it's their belief. "everything is permitted". the protagonist of ac1 is altair, of ac2: ezio, of ac3: connor, of ac4: edward kenway. i don't know where their butts are

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i took too long writing the joke, and was beaten, like the pope by ezio's fists in assassin's creed 2

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Is Assassin Creed related to Apollo Creed

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

VoidBurger posted:

Is Assassin Creed related to Apollo Creed

Same person.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

PantsBandit posted:

Same person.

Wow Ubisoft is awesome

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

oddium posted:

i took too long writing the joke, and was beaten, like the pope by ezio's fists in assassin's creed 2
I liked that fight.

Also Ivan Drago was a Templar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

watch_dogscreed

• Locked thread