Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

So looking at the tutorial messages I found out a couple of other things. The heart below their level is apparently their Trust level, which goes up when you feed them, and higher trust makes their magic more powerful. I haven't figured out what the yellow diamond thing is and the tutorial doesn't say.

This is the big one: when you look at a skill's requirements, if you see a trait in red (like Dizzy) then they obviously don't have that trait. The tutorial says you can change one of the fairy's personality traits each time you refresh her. I don't know what refreshing means, I'm guessing maybe if you hit the level cap (which I assume is 99) you can "promote" them like in Warriors Orochi 3 and are given the opportunity to change a trait? Google doesn't seem to be much help, I see people talking about refreshing but they don't actually say how to do it.

From the manual:

"The number next to the yellow star indicates the number of times a fairy has been refreshed. Once a fairy reaches the maximum level of 99, you can refresh her to develop her again from level 1. Fairies that have been refreshed keep any Rental Skills they have learned and 10% of their prior personality traits."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Actually hey if anyone wants a wii-u code I'll give it to them if they try to draw this image. (If you have PMs that would be ace but if not can email it :shobon: )

Suaimhneas posted:

Now imagine doing it on Wii U without the ability to switch between characters

It's actually a lot easier on the wii-u version. 3DS Legends mode adds stuff like Keep Sabatours and the like and more enemy generals then usual to force players into swapping characters and warping.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
How does the amiibo stuff work, exactly? If I have Ganondorf amiibo, does that only give me Ganondorf weapons?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Ah okay, thanks! I forgot that they actually put useful information in the manual these days. I'm just so used to the old days where they were useless.

Lemon-Lime posted:

How does the amiibo stuff work, exactly? If I have Ganondorf amiibo, does that only give me Ganondorf weapons?

Up to five times a day, you can scan an Amiibo figure. The Ganondorf Amiibo will indeed give you weapons for Ganondorf but only after you've unlocked him as a playable character, until that point it just gives you the random prizes that non-Zelda Amiibos can give, which is weapons for other characters, Rupees, or materials.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

Up to five times a day, you can scan an Amiibo figure. The Ganondorf Amiibo will indeed give you weapons for Ganondorf but only after you've unlocked him as a playable character, until that point it just gives you the random prizes that non-Zelda Amiibos can give, which is weapons for other characters, Rupees, or materials.

Thanks!

Are the random prizes just any tier/any rarity? I'm debating getting an amiibo for this dumb game, but only if it's just going to give me T3 weapons for any character rather than limited to just one.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lemon-Lime posted:

Thanks!

Are the random prizes just any tier/any rarity? I'm debating getting an amiibo for this dumb game, but only if it's just going to give me T3 weapons for any character rather than limited to just one.

It gives you the highest tier you currently have unlocked, and one each day.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I've gotten silver materials from Amiibos before (I got Lana's Hair clip yesterday) but I have no idea if you can get gold materials from them. If you get a bronze material it seems to give you multiples, like I got 10 Essence of Icy Big Poes once.

EDIT: oh yeah and for weapons, a Hyrule Warriors specific Amiibo gives you a 3 star or higher weapon, and a regular Amiibo gives you 3 or lower.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Twelve by Pies posted:

I've gotten silver materials from Amiibos before (I got Lana's Hair clip yesterday) but I have no idea if you can get gold materials from them. If you get a bronze material it seems to give you multiples, like I got 10 Essence of Icy Big Poes once.

EDIT: oh yeah and for weapons, a Hyrule Warriors specific Amiibo gives you a 3 star or higher weapon, and a regular Amiibo gives you 3 or lower.

I got ganondorf's jewel the other day, which I believe is gold.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Lemon-Lime posted:

yes but they're guaranteed 3* or above

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
glad to see arrows still completely break the "all attacks are devastating" challenges

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Actually hey if anyone wants a wii-u code I'll give it to them if they try to draw this image. (If you have PMs that would be ace but if not can email it :shobon: )
I will try to draw it! It is going to be terrible and possibly worse than stick figures. Is this ok?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This quiz level, for the last room, of the 2 enemies that are there you have to kill Ganondorf, but the other enemy is just a regular boboblin or whatever. Like a trash enemy. How the gently caress are you supposed to kill Ganondorf without accidentally killing this little thing that dies in 3 hits. What sick person made this level

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

mabels big day posted:

This quiz level, for the last room, of the 2 enemies that are there you have to kill Ganondorf, but the other enemy is just a regular boboblin or whatever. Like a trash enemy. How the gently caress are you supposed to kill Ganondorf without accidentally killing this little thing that dies in 3 hits. What sick person made this level
Stun the other one with the boomerang!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Air combos tend to be a good choice for that. Use a C2 which for most character launches and then just keep air-comboing him

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I don't see what's the difficulty in Legends mode :colbert:

I did it in hard for WiiU and 3ds now and never had problems.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Air combos tend to be a good choice for that. Use a C2 which for most character launches and then just keep air-comboing him

I had to use Zant for the A rank heart peice, so i just did basic sword swings and whittled his health down. Thankfully i had them seperated too on my second try so his weak point breaker didnt hit the little guy

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fritzler posted:

I will try to draw it! It is going to be terrible and possibly worse than stick figures. Is this ok?

The keyword is try!

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Ugh. This game is making me want to spend money my post divorce budget wont allow on the game just so I can dick around on the WiiU with the new characters. Hurry up summer.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Played the Hyrule Warriors demo on my OG 3ds expecting to hate how sluggish and underperforming it would be and it wasn't actually that bad. Clearly slower but not unenjoyable.

Not that I'll be getting it anytime soon. Only just beat the first Adventure map in the Wii U one. As in "did that one Ganon mission that makes the credits roll", there's still rewards all over the place. This game!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Are there any good guides out there that list the number of kills needed for an A on Adventure Mode missions for Legends yet? It's super annoying capturing every keep and doing some extra killing on the way between keeps and still getting a B for kills.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Are there any good guides out there that list the number of kills needed for an A on Adventure Mode missions for Legends yet? It's super annoying capturing every keep and doing some extra killing on the way between keeps and still getting a B for kills.

It's generally 1500

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It's generally 1500

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

same difference. I lose count when committing genocide

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I want to get All of the Hyrule Warriors content, only I'm short on funds at the moment and will have to pick uo leegnds some other time in the future. There's no, like, time-exclusive costumes or anything, are there? And how is Legends if I really enjoyed the Wii U game, and have a new 3ds?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm playing Legends and really enjoying it and wondering why I never picked up the WiiU one. I just got through the Prologue last night.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

CuddlyZombie posted:

I want to get All of the Hyrule Warriors content, only I'm short on funds at the moment and will have to pick uo leegnds some other time in the future. There's no, like, time-exclusive costumes or anything, are there? And how is Legends if I really enjoyed the Wii U game, and have a new 3ds?
I don't think there were even any preorder costumes this time around, so I don't think you'll miss out on anything by waiting.

As for the game, it looks worse but plays the same with more content and some nice quality of life improvements.

Number one improvement: Zant shows his wp meter after every combo attack.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So are Linkle and Midna BFFs now? Now and forever?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
linkle is everyone's bff

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

CuddlyZombie posted:

There are some really nice quality of life improvements that might make it worth it to you even if you played the hell out of the Wii U game, like I did. In addition to what the person above me said:

There character switching is useful, of course, but they also rejiggered giant boss battles a bit. If you have more warriors near them, you get bonuses like a refill of your magic meter and such. Also, the Imprisoned will no longer automatically get up when his WP gauge is half empty. This makes him much faster to take down ALSO the tiny Imprisoned NOW DROP STUFF. I got like 6 Imprisoned scales from fighting tiny Imprisoned.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hyrule Warriors Legends is basically TK listening to almost every single complaint and fixing all of them while heaping on piles of new things.

My only real complaint is how zoomed in the map is in adventure mode. It's a huge pain in the rear end as is and I can't tell who's face icon is who's between all the links + linkle.

I can only imagine how awful the Majora's Mask map is going to be with this super zoomed in.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I have absolutely no idea what the Hard Skulltula requirement for Twilight Palace was, since it was "defeat 3 ??? while keeping allies above 50% HP", and yet it popped halfway through fighting Argorok.

Unless it was 3 objectives, or 3 side missions, I suppose.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I am playing Legends and it’s weirdly fun. It’s my first Musou game and I can’t shake the feeling that it kind of sucks as a game but I keep playing it and enjoying myself

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
So I finally started the old school map mode, and had a few questions about hearts/treasures/etc.

- Full/Quarter Hearts: Sometimes these appear from capturing keeps. Where else do they hide? I occasionally see big rocks to break but other than that I haven't noticed any other secrets. It was easy enough to notice you have to play the character listed on the heart at level select to actually pick it up.
- Skulltulas: There was a map with two of these and one appeared, which I grabbed. Will another playthrough of the map make the second appear, or do I have to fulfill some other set of requirements to make it appear?
- Fairy clothes: The tutorial message said these appear by capturing keeps. If that is true then that should be easy enough. I already found a gold food item in a pot, so I'll be breaking every one of those I see.

I've also gathered that the default setting for A rank is:
- Over 1,200 KOs
- Under 15 minutes to complete

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I am playing Legends and it’s weirdly fun. It’s my first Musou game and I can’t shake the feeling that it kind of sucks as a game but I keep playing it and enjoying myself

Welcome to the Musou Experience, friend :) It is the game series you never knew you wanted!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

No, Musou games are actually largely good and Hyrule Warriors is one of the best.

I have no idea how we ended up in a world where Musou is the best use of the Zelda IP in years and the Zelda Musou is one of the best Musou games in year, but there we go.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ragequit posted:

So I finally started the old school map mode, and had a few questions about hearts/treasures/etc.

- Full/Quarter Hearts: Sometimes these appear from capturing keeps. Where else do they hide? I occasionally see big rocks to break but other than that I haven't noticed any other secrets. It was easy enough to notice you have to play the character listed on the heart at level select to actually pick it up.

In Adventure mode, they only appear when you capture keeps and as a reward for clearing a mission with an A rank. In Legends mode they are sometimes found under bombable rocks, vines that you have to hit with a boomerang and ledges you have to access with the hookshot.

Ragequit posted:

- Skulltulas: There was a map with two of these and one appeared, which I grabbed. Will another playthrough of the map make the second appear, or do I have to fulfill some other set of requirements to make it appear?

Yeah, to make the second Skulltula appear, you need to play the level a second time. You also need to complete the first mission and kill 1200 enemies without taking more than 4 hearts worth of damage.

Ragequit posted:

I've also gathered that the default setting for A rank is:
- Over 1,200 KOs
- Under 15 minutes to complete

You can also only take a set amount of damage. For most missions that's 4000 (you can check your damage amount on the pause screen), though some of the more difficult missions in the northern part of the map allow you to take up to 10000 damage.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dunban posted:

In Adventure mode, they only appear when you capture keeps and as a reward for clearing a mission with an A rank. In Legends mode they are sometimes found under bombable rocks, vines that you have to hit with a boomerang and ledges you have to access with the hookshot.

So if the heart has a question mark on the level select, I probably don't have the character unlocked yet that can pick it up?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ragequit posted:

So if the heart has a question mark on the level select, I probably don't have the character unlocked yet that can pick it up?

Correct.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dunban posted:

Correct.

All right, that should hopefully explain everything. See you in 100 hours after 100%ing this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ragequit posted:

All right, that should hopefully explain everything. See you in 100 hours after 100%ing this thing.

You may wanna add another 0 to that estimate :ssh:

• Locked thread