Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I think you mean Christie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yeah Jessie was Kari's maternity replacement.

Both Scottie and Christie also had the misfortune of working on the show when the producers were trying to force traditional reality show drama bullshit.

During one of the recent marathons I saw the one where they used salsa to try to break out of prison and seeing Adam just ream out Scottie and Christie for not building a proper cinder block wall was weird.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
There was actually a Jessie and a Jessi according to the wiki page. Jessi was the maternity replacement.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003

Lime Tonics posted:

Pawn stars might be canceled.

"Chumlee' from 'Pawn Stars' arrested on gun, drug charges"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2016/03/10/chumlee-pawn-stars-arrested-gun-drug-charges/81572946/

Meth and guns he wasn't supposed to have found at his house. He is probably going to be in jail awhile. Nevada doesn't mess around with gun and drug laws. It seems the longer shows go on at discovery, history, etc that are reality based, the more people tend to get in trouble. What next the American Picker guys are running drugs to mexico? They have the perfect cover to travel too.

Chum was just the comedy relief for the show and tbh he got really annoying toward the recent seasons.

If he really is as lazy and disrespectful piece of poo poo as he is on TV then hope he gets booted.

I doubt they will cancel the show it's one of History's most popular shows.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Gazaar posted:

There was actually a Jessie and a Jessi according to the wiki page. Jessi was the maternity replacement.

The maternity replacement was a billion times better than Kari anyway.

Scotty also kicked rear end, but you can only have a myths expert when you're doing, you know, myths, which this show really didn't do after about 2 seasons but once in a blue moon.

Gazaar posted:

Yeah that poor girl cried on camera like every other episode in my memory.

Was she the one that got her face melted off by that exploding molten jawbreaker?

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

IRQ posted:

The maternity replacement was a billion times better than Kari anyway.

Scotty also kicked rear end, but you can only have a myths expert when you're doing, you know, myths, which this show really didn't do after about 2 seasons but once in a blue moon.

Was she the one that got her face melted off by that exploding molten jawbreaker?

Agreed about the maternity replacement being great.

And yeah the jawbreaker lady was the one I was originally referring too. I think she originally cried in the episode where they were testing gliding off a building with some plywood, probably being pressured by producers to try the stunt or something.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Jessi, the replacement, was hosting/working on a car show on Velocity for a while. Don't know if that show is still a thing. But it makes sense because she was a car person before MB anyway IIRC.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I think Parker had more than a bro-mance going...

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I'm going to miss the only goddamned half entertaining show on my DVR at six AM Sunday mornings now that Mythbusters is done. I wish the elderly who stayed in every weekend night had better taste. I can only take so much true crime on the one morning I get to watch anything.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Looks like we have just a couple weeks before Deadliest Catch starts back up. :woop:

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Smelly posted:

Looks like we have just a couple weeks before Deadliest Catch starts back up. :woop:

Another season of watching Wild Bill lose his poo poo over the shitbirds he hires as greenhorns.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Gazaar posted:

Another season of watching Wild Bill lose his poo poo over the shitbirds he hires as greenhorns.

Don't forget being vocal about being terribly disappointed in his son.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Wild Bill is a nasty piece of work. Keith is a dangerously unstable crazy person, but Bill comes across as a textbook example of a bully.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Wild Bill is a nasty piece of work. Keith is a dangerously unstable crazy person, but Bill comes across as a textbook example of a bully.

Nah, Bill is an rear end in a top hat but remember Keith is the guy who nearly let a crew beat the poo poo out of a guy because he wouldn't get a mohawk, he's way more of a bully.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
To be fair that kid was kind of a poo poo stain dick head to the crew before that happened. It's called fitting in. You aren't in an office job where you can do your own thing and ignore everyone else besides the most basic interaction.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Photex posted:

Nah, Bill is an rear end in a top hat but remember Keith is the guy who nearly let a crew beat the poo poo out of a guy because he wouldn't get a mohawk, he's way more of a bully.

Also took a swing at a cameraman for not making him coffee.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Gazaar posted:

Agreed about the maternity replacement being great.

And yeah the jawbreaker lady was the one I was originally referring too. I think she originally cried in the episode where they were testing gliding off a building with some plywood, probably being pressured by producers to try the stunt or something.

I saw that episode on recently and realized that they filmed that literally right next to where I work currently. They apparently used to film a lot of stuff here, and my coworkers told me that they used to dick around and watch whatever crazy stuff they were doing (from a safe distance)

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Holyshoot posted:

To be fair that kid was kind of a poo poo stain dick head to the crew before that happened. It's called fitting in. You aren't in an office job where you can do your own thing and ignore everyone else besides the most basic interaction.

Violence isn't the answer to that problem, however.

That was the episode where it clicked just how much of a douche Freddy really is. He was so lovable on the Cornelia Marie

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Smelly posted:

That was the episode where it clicked just how much of a douche Freddy really is. He was so lovable on the Cornelia Marie

Freddie seems like one of those people who feeds off the energy of those around him. So when it was Captain Phil, he was a good guy, when it's Keith he's a total fuckbarge.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

IRQ posted:

Freddie seems like one of those people who feeds off the energy of those around him. So when it was Captain Phil, he was a good guy, when it's Keith he's a total fuckbarge.

People like that are usually kind of jackasses anyway. There will always come a time when they are around the wrong people, and then they end up doing dumb poo poo because they have little self control.

Also, Keith still has the worst record with greenhorns right? I know Bill might be gunning for it, but Keith had a streak going for a while, didn't he?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

People like that are usually kind of jackasses anyway. There will always come a time when they are around the wrong people, and then they end up doing dumb poo poo because they have little self control.

Also, Keith still has the worst record with greenhorns right? I know Bill might be gunning for it, but Keith had a streak going for a while, didn't he?

Keith sometimes goes through 2 or 3 greenhorns in a TV season so yes.

On the topic of Deadliest Catch the Northwestern special was pretty good.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Smelly posted:

They were never violent with him until the kid sucker punched freddie iirc. Like come on. If I was that kid I'd be like "ya they are getting hostile but no way are they gonna punch me in the face un provoked to be shown on discovery Channel. " Now if discovery wasn't there I'd be a little worried.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Grandpa Schnabel dead.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

Grandpa Schnabel dead.

:(

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
John Schnabel lived a long life. A very nice man by all accounts. Sad news anyone who may have once liked the show was dreading.

And now the countdown for the show producers to callously milk Parker's loss to the bone all next season long begins

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Grandpa Schnabel dead.

:smith:

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I came upon this thread to say that this is one ofthe first saturdays I've had where Mythbusters wasn't on and now I got to live a thusand more saturdays with no Mythbusters ... kinda sucks real bad, and then here you are telling me and I read that grandpa schnabel is dead and im like drat he had a rip roaring good time last time he came out to the mines, and it is sad that season is over parker is probably rollin in a pile of moneyh though this= season good for him it looks hard to work that hard..

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Photex posted:

Keith sometimes goes through 2 or 3 greenhorns in a TV season so yes.

On the topic of Deadliest Catch the Northwestern special was pretty good.

I don't think the guy whose fake knee blew out a week into the season last year was Keith's fault! But the other 40 guys he's run off his boat totally are.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't think the guy whose fake knee blew out a week into the season last year was Keith's fault! But the other 40 guys he's run off his boat totally are.

The kid who sucker punched freddie and wouldn't cut his hair hosed himself over imo.

If I had to choose between Keiths boat or wild bill I'd pick Keith. Because he seems at least nice to you at the start and if you aren't a complete idiot it should go well. Wild bill seems like the type who will always be angry or disappointed at you no matter what.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 21, 2016

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

The kid who sucker punched freddie and wouldn't cut his hair hosed himself over imo.

If I had to choose between Keiths boat or wild bill I'd pick Keith. Because he seems at least nice to you at the start and if you aren't a complete idiot it should go well. Wild bill seems like the type who will always be angry or disappointed at you no matter what.

Well seeing how that's how he also treats his son it's hardly surprising!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Final reminder that Deadliest Catch is back tonight at 9 eastern if you like watching angry fishermen.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I see my DVR recorded some kind of 2 hr special? Worth watching? I also have 2 one hour things recorded, but they have no description. I am assuming they are also some kind of clip show special things. Worth my time or skip em?

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

ToastyPotato posted:

I see my DVR recorded some kind of 2 hr special? Worth watching? I also have 2 one hour things recorded, but they have no description. I am assuming they are also some kind of clip show special things. Worth my time or skip em?

One is a best of the Northwestern, and another is a best of the Time Bandit. Unfortunately there's no Wizard special where it's a solid hour of watching the crew making GBS threads on greenhorns whether they deserve it or not.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I caught the tail end of a look back/preview thing for the new Deadliest Catch, and Keith is going out with the youngest crew he's ever had? :psyduck:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

howe_sam posted:

I caught the tail end of a look back/preview thing for the new Deadliest Catch, and Keith is going out with the youngest crew he's ever had? :psyduck:

:getin: this gonna be good.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I want that but with Wild Bill.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Wild bill and keith running the same boat like the hillstrand brothers do. One can focus all thier rage on the green horns whie the other drives the boat. It would be amazing.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Holyshoot posted:

Wild bill and keith running the same boat like the hillstrand brothers do. One can focus all thier rage on the green horns whie the other drives the boat. It would be amazing.

The camera crew would need to be issued sidearms if this ever came to pass.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Elliot was bought out by another company. Thank gently caress. :unsmith:

Jake is the replacement captain. :smith:

e- Oh, Freddy's back, too. :smith:

Hoo boy, you guys like drama? We've had an hour featuring problems out of the gate for Jake and newly-divorced-and-correspondingly-depressed-and-drunk Keith...

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I was only kind of watching the first hour of the premiere. Did Jonathan seriously think he could break the rules, or did he legit gently caress up reading a clock?

• Locked thread