Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Not sure why Twitch doesn't just disable chat anyway on huge event streams like this.. like 500k people can have a discussion in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

hope you all are enjoying the major, everything seems to be going pretty smooth now. 1st day of tournaments are always stressful :cry:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Rosh posted:

Not sure why Twitch doesn't just disable chat anyway on huge event streams like this.. like 500k people can have a discussion in there.

People like it because it's like a cheering crowd that reacts to the games, not because they can have discussions. Chat is only inefficient on twitch because twitch implemented it in the most horrifically inefficient way.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
How does a top team fall off so hard, so fast? Even NiP didn't really lose to bad teams in their long slump.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

The Ferret King posted:

Is the twitch stream running like absolute garbage for anyone else?

Leave chat (use the cogwheel)

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

Leave chat (use the cogwheel)

alternative is to never use the twitch website ever again and use something like Twitcha

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It was true all along

Demostrs posted:

also rest in piece envyus

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Apex only got me like 5 points in my fantasy team and I lost the pickem but idk

Won $12 of skins hurrah

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

He threw the match so he could get the gold pickem

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Photex posted:

alternative is to never use the twitch website ever again and use something like Twitcha

I use twitch with BTTV because if you remove all the !drop poo poo and <message removed> chat is still fun to read. Doesn't lag my stream anymore either

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
EnvyUS throw confirmed.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

I use twitch with BTTV because if you remove all the !drop poo poo and <message removed> chat is still fun to read. Doesn't lag my stream anymore either

yeah but flash sucks dick and still uses 15-20% cpu in chrome

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

you can connect to twitch chat using the java program 'Chatty'

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Suran37 posted:

EnvyUS throw confirmed.

its not a throw when u are no longer a top 20 team anymore

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I think I have ~100 points so far even with Apex choking and I still got Edward left to play. How's everyone else doing?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

http://twitcha.fvck.se/

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Smol posted:

How does a top team fall off so hard, so fast? Even NiP didn't really lose to bad teams in their long slump.

it's funny because they:

-get rid of shox/smithzz mostly because shox lacked "worth ethic," take apex/kenny from titan
-both teams initially appear to get a little bit better
-nv starts sliding wayyyyyy downhill
-get rid of kio, again citing "work ethic"
-do no work to improve with their new lineup
-lose to CLG at major

we'll see how g2 plays but right now it looks like they're actually the winners of the "big kennyS trade." funny how getting the best player in the world at the time made them worse in the long term. should have just kept shox, one of the best raw aimers in the world, if they were going to stop preparing for events.

e: also, it mystifies me that nv banned out train and let CLG play cbble, one of their favorite maps. train is not one of nv's best maps but CLG don't really know how to play it at a super high level and jdm can't carry them the way he sometimes can on cbble.

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 29, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Demostrs posted:

its not a throw when u are no longer a top 20 team anymore
Surely you jest. NV are still Top 20.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

symbolic posted:

Surely you jest. NV are still Top 20.

is nrg in your top 20? because they aren't in my mind and they're still better than nv

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Why am I still at work gently caress

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Demostrs posted:

is nrg in your top 20? because they aren't in my mind and they're still better than nv
They barely beat NV in one BO3 a week after picking up DEVIL. Holy toledo, NRG top 5 confirmed.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

symbolic posted:

They barely beat NV in one BO3 a week after picking up DEVIL. Holy toledo, NRG top 5 confirmed.

dont worry, you'll see tomorrow when gambit knocks nv out of groups ;)

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

El Burbo posted:

It was true all along

I knew I made the right call picking CLG

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Cutler was just clowning on them all game. Even tarik looked like he was playing online.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Demostrs posted:

dont worry, you'll see tomorrow when gambit knocks nv out of groups ;)
I'm not saying that NV is great, because they're doing pretty drat terrible right now, but to say they're not Top 20 anymore is quite an inane statement.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

NRG beating envyus 1 week into a new lineup? woa

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

The way envyus is now, they are only barely top 10. Trouble is they really haven't played that many matches since picking up devil, and the ones they have played it's losing to tier 1 teams, and the only ones they win are against tier 2 teams.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Ah jeez lost a point thanks to faze

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

faze backwards ez af

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Great drinking game: one shot every time SirScoots pronounces Astralis "Austrailias".

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Am I looking at this schedule right that they're a full 2 hours behind

Good news for me I guess so I get to watch some poo poo when I get off work but lmao it happens every time

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

Am I looking at this schedule right that they're a full 2 hours behind

Good news for me I guess so I get to watch some poo poo when I get off work but lmao it happens every time

The brackets on HLTV are images it looks like, so the times aren't localized. I think they're still running on time. The last game is scheduled to start in 2 hours and 10 minutes.

Edit: You're right, it's running way behind.

Thorgot fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 29, 2016

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I'm looking at this

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/events/84/mlg-cs-go-major-championship--columbus#schedule

and it said the GG/Astralis game was supposed to start at 3:50pm and it is now 6pm and it just started

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Go c9, go freedom, go america

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
C9: 5 rounds, 4 deaths :stare:

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

times like these....I just love America so much

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
its a beautiful day outside. birds are singing, flowers are blooming... on days like these, euros like you...

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Demostrs posted:

its a beautiful day outside. birds are singing, flowers are blooming... on days like these, euros like you...

its not over yet... i have my clown9 shoes on

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

c9 showing their true colors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

seems like Fnatic and Liquid are the only legit teams at this whole event