Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Scarf posted:

That's odd because pretty much all of the Monkee's kept going in music to some extent. Peter Tork and Davy Jones probably the most.

I blame lovely memory. Also the guy who was talking, I think Micky Dolenz, came across as a massive dickweed who may well have just been lording his career in the movie industry over his one time bandmates.

Really it was just the final scene which stuck in my head and the words "Shut up and just play the song".

EDIT - and I found the clip and boy did I misremember a bunch of stuff. From the documentary Making the Monkees:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEv3uqoLxak&t=2784s

Davy Jones though still comes across as just pathetically trying to relive past glories.

(I was right about Micky Dolenz being a massive dickweed, so that counts)

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 18:42 on Mar 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Phanatic posted:

My school had an annual concert, and in 2003 they decided to pick...Better Than Ezra, who'd last released an album anyone heard anything off of in 1996. The concert was canceled after not enough tickets sold.

The replacement act was Busta Rhymes, which by any thinking is a much better get.

Reminds me of my favourite 90s band joke.

What if Less Than Jake was Better Than Ezra? :v:

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice
The schadenfreude is real.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

lushka16 posted:

Wow, a human being looking desperately for work to escape crushing debt sure is hilarious.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

lushka16 posted:

2016.jpg

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

I Am Crake posted:

Wow, a human being looking desperately for work to escape crushing debt sure is hilarious.

It's plane not funny.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Scarf posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaduEUGI5Bw

Puddle of Mudd (I know, I can't believe they're still around either) abandons their lead singer on stage, so he starts on some rant. Unfortunately I can't find a video of them actually leaving the stage. Also, some annoying rear end in a top hat just keeps yelling "gently caress you" so it's hard to hear what the singer is saying.

Wow this happened again last week when they played at the Diamond Lounge in my town. They were average, at best.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

MariusLecter posted:

It's plane not funny.

No, you're thinking about 9/11.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

I Am Crake posted:

I bet he also blames Obama for dying union jobs.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Guy's not just looking for any job either, apparently he's looking for "any wage that will support my 5 kids plus 2 stepkids". Good luck with that one.

the floor is baklava
May 4, 2003

SHAME

lushka16 posted:

He's a Trump supporter, gently caress him.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Maybe stop having so many loving kids.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

The only proper response to Sanders voters.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

fap fap SPLOOGE posted:

He's a Trump supporter, gently caress him.

personally I feel sorry for him and his destitute, hungry children, and imo you ought to as well

Mulva posted:

The only proper response to Sanders voters.

hillary bad

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Frog Act posted:

personally I feel sorry for him and his destitute, hungry children, and imo you ought to as well

Nah, dude, nah.

gently caress him, gently caress his kids and gently caress you.

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 20:51 on Mar 29, 2016

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Haven't we had enough loving debates this election year? Who gives a poo poo if she or Trump don't want to debate anymore before the conventions. They all just say the same god drat things every time.

The real schadenfreude is anyone who's made it this far in this election and doesn't know who they support.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Frog Act posted:

something something poor people voting against their best self-interest something republicans don't actually want to help poor people something something

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

Nah, dude, nah.

gently caress him, gently caress his kids and gently caress you.

Clearly his kids should pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

ranbo das posted:

Clearly his kids should pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

Nah, they should have a better dad.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

MariusLecter posted:

Nah, they should have a better dad.

Scorching take, my man

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Darkhold posted:

Warrant came to my piss small hometown (about 16,000 people at that time) about 10ish years ago played as hard as their ageing bodies could and went to Perkins for food afterwards.

Bless their hearts.

Last summer I saw Warrant and Quiet Riot play at a free show in Fayetteville, NC. It was actually a lot of fun. I guess the schaden was realizing Quiet Riot had more than one song and also had some die hard fans

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Are they now ironically wheelchair-bound?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Subjunctive posted:

Selecting him for layoff based on poor performance sounds like a questionable decision, as does accounting (not HR/legal?) ordering up a background check and sharing the results widely, but the guy does sound like a jerk.

If he lives in a "right-to-work" state, they don't need a compelling reason to fire him. "Right-to-work" is a bullshit term.

Source: I live in a "right-to-work" state.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

If he lives in a "right-to-work" state, they don't need a compelling reason to fire him. "Right-to-work" is a bullshit term.

Source: I live in a "right-to-work" state.

I think you mean an "at will" state, but there is still a difference between laying someone off and firing them. "Right to work" only affects payment of union dues by non-members.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ddiddles posted:

Maybe stop having so many loving kids.

How dare you tell another person how to live their life and make their choices

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
middle school children get screwed by a bad rimjob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSIWBdcnByU

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/aieLihm.gifv

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Now to mail him to Abu Dhabi.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Gorilla Salad posted:

EDIT - and I found the clip and boy did I misremember a bunch of stuff. From the documentary Making the Monkees:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEv3uqoLxak&t=2784s

I could never decide if Mike Nesmith should be lauded for sticking to his principles as a 'real musician' and having nothing more to do with the group; or whether he is a complete dick for never giving the fans anything, once he'd filled his pockets from the short-term fame.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

spog posted:

I could never decide if Mike Nesmith should be lauded for sticking to his principles as a 'real musician' and having nothing more to do with the group; or whether he is a complete dick for never giving the fans anything, once he'd filled his pockets from the short-term fame.

He doesn't owe the fans anything.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

spog posted:

Plus, isn't he gently caress-off rich because his mom invented Liquid Paper or something like that?

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

ranbo das posted:

14 and 17 could be legal if he lived in a state with Romeo and Juliet laws, which would be basically a high school junior dating a freshman, which happens all the time.

Romeo and Juliet laws do not apply to pictures. CP is CP.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wasn't there a case where they charged a high school kid with CP for taking a pic of his own junk or something? Schools should have assemblies on safe sexting.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wasn't there a case where they charged a high school kid with CP for taking a pic of his own junk or something? Schools should have assemblies on safe sexting.

Charges dropped as the prosecutor pushing for getting a confirming look at the kid's junk was forced to resign, AIUI.

EDIT: I was wrong. Two separate cases involving sexting, though:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/12/cop-who-wanted-to-take-pic-of-erection-in-sexting-case-commits-suicide/

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/teen-charged-with-sex-crimes-for-possessing-photos-of-himself/

Aerdan has a new favorite as of 02:16 on Mar 30, 2016

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

middle school children get screwed by a bad rimjob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSIWBdcnByU

:3 the other team member trying to cheer the emotionally devastated kid who made the shot

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wasn't there a case where they charged a high school kid with CP for taking a pic of his own junk or something? sexting.

Yep. Multiple cases. You'd think that if you were a juvenile and hence unable to be judged as an adult you'd be considered too young to be held criminally accountable for your actions, but it turns out nope, you can! Because the right way to correct a teenager who makes a dumb teenage mistake is to give them sex offender tags that will follow them around for life.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Phanatic posted:

Yep. Multiple cases. You'd think that if you were a juvenile and hence unable to be judged as an adult you'd be considered too young to be held criminally accountable for your actions, but it turns out nope, you can! Because the right way to correct a teenager who makes a dumb teenage mistake is to give them sex offender tags that will follow them around for life.

They teach celibacy in school so these kids know better. They have made their decision.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Subjunctive posted:

He doesn't owe the fans anything.
And he's hardly cut himself off completely from the Monkees stuff either. He's done reunion gigs, he contributed new material for that album they have coming out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Solice Kirsk posted:

They teach celibacy in school so these kids know better. They have made their decision.

Because telling horny teenagers not to do something ensures they'll never do it.