Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Capcom been patching out option selects since the betas, upcoming patch getting rid of more of them, but no man, this one stays this is the one.

Are you simple or something?

Basically every tricky OS found in the betas was removed from the game. I would be surprised if further ones found are not removed in the future as well. Their mission statement so far has been less option selects, more situations where you the human have to make a real choice. I am all in favour of everything like that which is found to be cut out. If the upcoming patch truly doesn't fix it, then the next one will. It is very apparent capcom will not let option selects of this type stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

SectumSempra posted:

Source your quotes

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765346&userid=13053

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it's not bad it's just different

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm sorry if you wanted colors unlocked at a decent pace, but now you can enjoy the strategy that comes with Survival Mode. A mode that tasks you with hard thinking about preparation for the next match and holding off your opponent while you're on the ropes until your next match request comes in!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
#RiseUp

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Booyah- posted:

What's the source on this?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...e-store-launch/

Believe me I'd love to be wrong.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Constellation I posted:

Pretty sad that someone else had to come up with this, but here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVuUxHa2CDI

Does he say "AT EASE, LOOSAH" at any point during gameplay?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, but he does say you can't escape

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Alex parrying everything is pretty great.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Nodoze posted:

rzrilfiltration or something like that, he's near the tiop of the leaderboard

Thanks I wasn't sure cause I thought one of those was a bot.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

So only Story Mode Costumes are going to be for sale tomorrow? Not any of the Battle ones?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ChibiSoma posted:

It would be kind of neat if all the third strike guys got parries

Actually I think they actually gave Makoto a parry in that dumb omega mode thing in USF4 (please put Makoto in SFV)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

ChibiSoma posted:

Someone explains how it works in one of the comments:

quote:

When v-trigger is active you have a move called Sledgehammer Lariat with HP+HK that you can charge for about half a second. When it's fully charged it guard breaks, otherwise it's super unsafe. If you're hit while you are charging it alex will parry one hit. If you keep holding HP+HK he will finish charging and lariat, if you let it go (when he parries) then it will cancel the Lariat. You can hit HP+HK again after you cancel lariat to start another lariat, or parry another hit (like Ryu's parry). You can also cancel the parry animation into specials. It's really insanely strong. The only downside is that Lariat is uncancellable if you aren't hit, and it's super unsafe on block if it's not fully charged, so you can get blown up by empty jumps and throws if you aren't careful when you're baiting the parry.

I think Alex is going to be extremely good

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Not liking Laura's hair is basically admitting you are extremely white imo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

InnercityGriot posted:

It means you have good taste.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

InnercityGriot posted:

I am extremely white and even I like Laura's hair.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

InnercityGriot posted:

I am extremely unwhite and I do not like Laura's hair

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AnonSpore posted:

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Things about Laura that suck:

Boom
Body doesn't really match her design background of lean mean UFC machine.
Man hands
That giant pinkie finger on her win pose

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Haaaa

Ranked is a lot groovier with the bo3 option in there.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

They nerfed marns mika mixup too

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Things about Laura that suck:

Boom
Body doesn't really match her design background of lean mean UFC machine.
Man hands
That giant pinkie finger on her win pose

The only bad thing about Laura is that "Ding ding, I took this round!" line when you win a round. It's awful.

Everything else is objectively great.

Edit: For people on PC that want colours, you could just hexedit a couple of files and make survival only last 1 fight you know? Hell, I could make it for you if that wouldn't get me in trouble around here.

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 30, 2016

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

burger time posted:

They nerfed marns mika mixup too
I haven't noticed anything that doesn't work yet

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Laura is like the most boring newcomer that isn't Necalli

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

croutonZA posted:

The only bad thing about Laura is that "Ding ding, I took this round!" line when you win a round. It's awful.

Edit: For people on PC that want colours, you could just hexedit a couple of files and make survival only last 1 fight you know? Hell, I could make it for you if that wouldn't get me in trouble around here.

If you post a guide to doing that it should be kosher

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

croutonZA posted:

Why would that get you in trouble?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

:goonsay::goonsay::goonsay::goonsay::goonsay::goonsay::goonsay::goonsay:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

Laura is like the most boring newcomer that isn't Necalli

I think one of her interesting things was supposed to be that she's related to Sean but she doesn't really have anything in common with him

She doesn't even have a basketball

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Baal posted:

Whatever crackers

Seriously though, Alex looks bad and all his alts are kinda lame, sucks about that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Help Im Alive posted:

I think one of her interesting things was supposed to be that she's related to Sean but she doesn't really have anything in common with him

She doesn't even have a basketball

She was interesting when her trailer happened

Then she became playable

Then her story mode came out

Then her concept art design popped up

Then her brother was turned white

Now it is basically a downhill race between her and Necalli

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I actually think Necalli is cool. He turns super saiyan. He's a pillar man. He's not "Racial Stereotype #045"

It's really dumb that he says devour our our. I have got nothing there.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Baal posted:

She was interesting when her trailer happened

Then she became playable

Then her story mode came out

Then her concept art design popped up

Then her brother was turned white

Now it is basically a downhill race between her and Necalli

booOOOOOoooooooooOOooooooooooOOM!

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Also if you didn't switch everyone to japanese voices you only have yourself to blame, baka

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

anime was right posted:

booOOOOOoooooooooOOooooooooooOOM!

Idk why they didn't give her an accent and had her just higher pitched Asuka SFXT voice, but it was a bad decision

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
'Boom' means 'gooood' in Brazil

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Laura's hair is good and cool. Anyone who doesn't like it is probably a boring, uncool shitheel in real life.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

teagone posted:

Anyone who doesn't like it is probably a boring, uncool shitheel in real life.

I can confirm this

fortocero
Jul 23, 2007

I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.
Alright so I just got a stick for the first time and I'm having trouble adjusting to using buttons vs. pad. Specifically, figuring out which fingers hit what buttons. I've seen some people recommend you just use one finger and hit every button you need with that one finger. I've tried this but keep messing up when I jump from say a light kick to a heavy punch, I can't find the right button quickly and accurately without looking down at my stick. Right now I'm using index, middle and ring fingers for light, med and heavy attacks..and then move them up or down to execute punches or kicks. How do you guys hit your buttanz?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Who uses one finger for all the buttons? That's dumb. I use pointer, middle, and ring fingers for light, medium, and hard normals respectively. And sometimes I use my thumb for light kick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

fortocero posted:

Alright so I just got a stick for the first time and I'm having trouble adjusting to using buttons vs. pad. Specifically, figuring out which fingers hit what buttons. I've seen some people recommend you just use one finger and hit every button you need with that one finger. I've tried this but keep messing up when I jump from say a light kick to a heavy punch, I can't find the right button quickly and accurately without looking down at my stick. Right now I'm using index, middle and ring fingers for light, med and heavy attacks..and then move them up or down to execute punches or kicks. How do you guys hit your buttanz?

I just roll my face across the buttons mostly.