Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Probad posted:

1% chance of new classes coming with tomorrow's update
99% chance of the entire player base unsubscribing when new classes don't come with tomorrow's update

You give 1%ers a whole new meaning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Why exactly are people so eager for new classes already? There were eight new classes a few weeks ago. Got em all to 50 and tried them out that quick?

I mean I'm half way to level 53 on my ranger and I'm still discovering new ways to combo or how they interact against other classes in Pvp. I haven't even touched another class.

Goo P-Nut Sack fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 29, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Why exactly are people so eager for new classes already? There were eight new classes a few weeks ago. Got em all to 50 and tried them out that quick?

I mean I'm half way to level 53 on my ranger and I'm still discovering new ways to combo or how they interact against other classes in Pvp. I haven't even touched another class.

Bladers and Ninjas both are really popular for 1v1 pvping. A good ninja can basically push anyones poo poo in.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Bladers and Ninjas both are really popular for 1v1 pvping. A good ninja can basically push anyones poo poo in.

I've found a good ranger can as well :smug:

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

For me, I was only interested in this game because I liked the Plum class (via videos/internets). It was only during character creation that I found that it wasn't an option. At THAT point though I already had some inertia and put together a character anyway. I have not really been leveling, just doing life skill stuff, because I don't want to go through the whole slog again when the class is actually released. If life skills or other things were shared between your alts it'd be another story, but most folks want to focus on their 'main' class, so not having access to it is a bummer.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

They wanted to play those classes all along.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Never going to give my wizard up because it's literally everything I've wanted in an MMO wizard class. The big spells feel weighty, unlike in WoW where you'll get like "Empowered fireblast 5000" then a tiny little fireball will shoot out. The 100 rage black spirit lightning bolt is loving awesome. Can't wait till I can do the same thing with meteor storm :getin:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Because people like different things

Terrifying idea, I know

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

I've found a good ranger can as well :smug:
Is there a good ranger on your server?

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Drythe posted:

Because people like different things

Terrifying idea, I know

Drythe.txt

I guess I don't expect as much as other people out of a brand new game with the amount of content it already has.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Anyone know what new resource materials will be introduced?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Drythe.txt

I guess I don't expect as much as other people out of a brand new game with the amount of content it already has.

No, that's not it.

Someone here already said this, but to further back them up I'd say that the main reason is because a lot of players decided before the game even launched in the West that they wanted to "main" one of the classes that has not been released yet. It does kinda suck to be super hyped about a class before launch and going through your first time experience in a game without being able to play that class. That feeling has nothing to do with the amount of content/classes overall.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

CountingWizard posted:

Anyone know what new resource materials will be introduced?
Amongst, I'm sure, other things, there will be 3 new kinds of wood.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Xavier434 posted:

No, that's not it.

Someone here already said this, but to further back them up I'd say that the main reason is because a lot of players decided before the game even launched in the West that they wanted to "main" one of the classes that has not been released yet. It does kinda suck to be super hyped about a class before launch and going through your first time experience in a game without being able to play that class. That feeling has nothing to do with the amount of content/classes overall.

Alright, I can wrap my head around that.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

1v1 pvping in an MMO is like playing Street Fighter to admire the scenery. There's a million games with competitive combat, there's not many that let you build trade routes and wagons, breed horses, create production empires, own hundreds of houses, build boats and hunt whales, tend a garden, etc, etc.

I wanted to try a Blader since I heard about the game and thought they looked fun. Blader's a weird name though. "I'm a blader. I blade."

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chewbot posted:

1v1 pvping in an MMO is like playing Street Fighter to admire the scenery. There's a million games with competitive combat, there's not many that let you build trade routes and wagons, breed horses, create production empires, own hundreds of houses, build boats and hunt whales, tend a garden, etc, etc.

I wanted to try a Blader since I heard about the game and thought they looked fun. Blader's a weird name though. "I'm a blader. I blade."
In a shocking plot twist we discover that people, in fact, can have differing preferences.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

kalstrams posted:

In a shocking plot twist we discover that people, in fact, can have differing preferences.

I'm glad we solved the mystery.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Bladers and Ninjas both are really popular for 1v1 pvping. A good ninja, sorc, blader, plum, or blossom can basically push anyones poo poo in.

Fixed

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Gotta be maximum anime.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I've been watching videos, and Plum looks loving absurd 1v1.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Plum? Get that outta here. Blader all the way.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I want plum and blader to come out so my gandalf is rare.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Grondoth posted:

I want plum and blader to come out so my gandalf is rare.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The rarest.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I want plum because cute sword girls with falling flowers attacks is extremely my poo poo.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

I have no interest in any of the classes currently available. It really sucks because the classes are done, all they need to do is translate.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
Booper guy posted a decent video about the new Mediah content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoCDN1EsYJY

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What's up, poopers?! :razz:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

crazystray posted:

Booper guy posted a decent video about the new Mediah content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoCDN1EsYJY

Sounds cool to me.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
war, what is it good for

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

lewtt posted:

war, what is it good for

jesus did you hit max - karma?

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

YOTC posted:

jesus did you hit max - karma?

we are at war vs them so no karma loss

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Make BDO Great Again

e; fuckgoons.com

Taylor Swift fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 30, 2016

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

a fArmy worth dying for

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Have a lovely chat log

One of the ParksAndRecs officers declared war on this group, then went to bed. They have a facebook and possibly some hentai related lets play.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

+1 Waifu

Moving on up boys!

J
Jun 10, 2001

What's the best way to explore all the islands for the max energy gains? Do I need a fancy fishing boat to do that in any kind of reasonable time frame? I haven't made any rafts/boats/whatever yet but I'm going to guess the raft is slow as gently caress.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Tamer any good for pvp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

TalonDemonKing posted:

Tamer any good for pvp?

Once I figure out how to drive-by people on my lion-wolf I'll tell you.

AppliedPhilosophy fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 30, 2016