Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think the lack of underpants on Batman and Superman bizarrely draw more attention to their genitals rather than less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

With DC's Rebirth announcements come costumes!

I think there are two Supermen flying there. One regular, and one who's been ported in from DC history (don't ask for an explanation.)
New 52 Clark

Classic

Others

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 26, 2016

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Javi Fernandez is p great.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Nightwing rocking the correct color!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Marcus To announced he's also working on Nightwing, so hyped

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know if a sheer cape really works for you, Clark.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know if a sheer cape really works for you, Clark.

It's cellophane, actually.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Cassandra Cain's new costume is kind of awful:

It's like somebody merged her Batgirl costume & the B&R Eternal one, but the end result is the worst of both worlds. I'm guessing she's not calling herself 'Blackbat', because there's nary a bat in sight on her costume.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Oh man, that's so terrible. One step at a time toward Bathood, I guess.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That Red Robin logo is so bad.

Love that Nightwing and Black Canary though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is that Huntress the Helena from Grayson, or another flavour, by the way? Either way, it's a great look. Paquette does lean cheesecake-y, but I assume he's the artist on BoP considering he's designing 2 of the 3.

E: Also, kinda under the radar, but I really like Lex's Superman outfit? It'd be awful as a regular suit for Clark, but as a variant for a related character it's got the right kind of bright techno-future vibe.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 27, 2016

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
What? Huh? Cassandra Cain is back?

I'll wait to see to see if they write her with any decent writing at all, but I'm a big fan of cass. She has a really unique and meaningful struggle and has good interaction with other bat family members... When she's written by someone with a modicum of ability and not someone who doesn't know what to do when they aren't copy pasting from silver age comics.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Looks like they just ported Supergirl's costume straight from the TV show, with a slightly longer skirt. Could definitely do worse.

The Superman costume is a little too dark blue for my taste but I guess they want to stick to the grim Snyder palette.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Acne Rain posted:

I'll wait to see to see if they write her with any decent writing at all, but I'm a big fan of cass. She has a really unique and meaningful struggle and has good interaction with other bat family members... When she's written by someone with a modicum of ability and not someone who doesn't know what to do when they aren't copy pasting from silver age comics.

Cassandra is back, but mostly as a prop for Harper to be anointed as the one true Bat-child

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Codependent Poster posted:

That Red Robin logo is so bad.

I thought it was a swastika at first glance.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

I thought it was a swastika at first glance.

My thought was hammer and sickle.:ussr:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Superman's weird inability to decide if he wants gloves or not is unbecoming of a premiere superhero.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm grateful for the long awaited return of good Batman comics so I can finally stop using Daredevil as a substitute.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

This looks like someone just lifted a bunch of stuff from TMNT. I'm gonna assume they are all DC things I am not familiar with, but it made me laugh anyway.

edit: VVV I was also wondering if that might be what's happening there, yeah.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Mar 27, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, Stephen Amell who plays Oliver on Arrow is Casey Jones in the new TMNT movie, so maybe it's a little joke about that?

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011
Clear winner here is the Red Skull / Domino's Mascot mash-up guy

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Wonder Woman looks good, but it looks like she's holding a bullwhip, not a lasso.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Every Superman costume that isn't the tshirt and jeans from Morrison's brief run on Action Comics would be better with red underoos on the outside.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

What if he wore assless chaps with red briefs showing through?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's cool that Marvel let DC use Kate Bishop.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Those are some long legs.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Mask + shirt logo on those goons looks like they're a pack of Wild Dogs:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Whoa. Good catch. They definitely are.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
What are Wild Dogs?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

What are Wild Dogs?

See feetnotes' post above. Wild Dog was DC's attempt to create their own version of the Punisher back in the late 80s -- he had a miniseries and then was promptly forgotten.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Turning a failed Punisher knockoff into a group of antagonists is a pretty good call.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

feetnotes posted:

Mask + shirt logo on those goons looks like they're a pack of Wild Dogs:

I unironically enjoy how absolutely terrible this costume is

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Wild Dog owns.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Acne Rain posted:

Hey, remember when Bruce adopted her and then the universe ended and she was erased?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Soonmot posted:

Hey, remember when Bruce adopted her and then the universe ended and she was erased?

Thanks Barry.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Any suggestions for a Naboo from Mighty Boosh costume? I tried googling but mostly got results like the Spirit of Jazz and Old Greg.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Any suggestions for a Naboo from Mighty Boosh costume? I tried googling but mostly got results like the Spirit of Jazz and Old Greg.

I think you are in the wrong thread.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Dress as the Moon

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ACO's design for Christopher Priest's Rebirth Deathstroke.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-artist-aco-shares-character-designs-deathstroke-rebirth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

The crossguard on that sword looks both incredibly uncomfortable and impractical.

• Locked thread