Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Kashuno posted:

I like TT and wish it was more active :shobon:

I started playing TT recently only to discover Champion Mastery and Keys aren't implimented in it at all.

As a Dominion refugee this concerns me as I really really hate Summoner's Rift and am disgruntled that I am missing out on features because of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I started playing TT recently only to discover Champion Mastery and Keys aren't implimented in it at all.

As a Dominion refugee this concerns me as I really really hate Summoner's Rift and am disgruntled that I am missing out on features because of that.

They're supposed to be adding that stuff to TT and even ARAM as well as the new rotating queue at some point.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

in b4 "We just don't see much player activity on TT, so we are shutting it down"

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Delete Soraka just on general principle. She's annoying even when she's not strong, and when she is strong she's unbearable.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

That stuff should be active in all game modes and it's lazy that it isn't.

I would play TT more if you could ever get three people to agree on a strategy. Every game I play in that over the years is two other people with dramatically different meta strategy opinions and no flexibility in what they want to play.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
this week's free champs are shittt

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tired Moritz posted:

Vi tho

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Vi is cute & cool

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
don't get me wrong Vi owns and is the first champ I ever bought, but right now she feels bad

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

don't get me wrong Vi owns and is the first champ I ever bought, but right now she feels bad

eh, I think she's ok, she's just not a powerpick like she was for nearly a whole season after release:

RYang
Dec 5, 2012
Hot tip for climbing out of bronze: make sure you play solo lane hypercarries who can drag the rest of the team to victory kicking and screaming. It's the only way you will escape elo hell.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Vi was really cool before her ult had a base cooldown of two and a half minutes, the same as Amumu ult

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
please dont make eye contact with twisted treeline posters, lest the disease be allowed to spread

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

RYang posted:

Hot tip for climbing out of bronze: make sure you play solo lane hypercarries who can drag the rest of the team to victory kicking and screaming. It's the only way you will escape elo hell.

the best way to get out of bronze is to pick some aggressive hero and pretend to go support, and then just repeatedly murder the enemy bot lane 1v2. by going botlane like that you are getting to snowball off 2 retards instead of 1, and your adc gets freefarm the entire game, plus the dumb poo poo botlane is going to probably bitch at the jungler to come and you can get double buffs off him

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Tank Ekko is neat but quite challenging to play well. You really have to know your margins when a spell combo doesn't one-round people.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

AHH FUGH posted:

Here's the Amumu game

Get me a Voli game and I'll be able to pick out more stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9k8GauSz50

That teemo would have been our jungler if I hadn't asked him to switch :negative:.

(When I asked him I didn't know he was going to play Teemo)

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

CubeTheory posted:

For the zero people that were wondering, optimal Soraka treeline build is Sheen->Lucidity->Nashor's Tooth->Lich Bane->Wooglet's Witchcap

This is definitely not a good build. RoA/Liandry's, Wooglet's, a CDR item (FCQ/Athene's), Moonflair Spellblade, Abyssal/Spirit Visage, and some flavor of boots are probably a lot close to optimal.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I got a bunch of ip saved up. Is space dragon worth it? Or should i go with Gnar, Ekko, or some other comedy option?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
My assumption is that they know that, and built that as a joke while still having a good game

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
TT is till not as bad as dominion was. I remember when Riot removed it, I spent days looking at the mode select thinking "This looks different, but I'm not sure how." Then I remembered the announcement about it being removed, or maybe I saw someone with an icon.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

TT is super fun but that might be because I only play it when I have six IRL friends online.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Cabinet posted:

TT is super fun but that might be because I only play it when I have six IRL friends online.

Watching TT certainly sounds better than playing it.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

henkman posted:

My assumption is that they know that, and built that as a joke while still having a good game

Well henkman, when you assume something, you make an rear end outta U and ME

Edit: DON'T ACT DUMB

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Full AP Bard is very funny and if he had any waveclear at all before getting the large cone meep upgrade I'd play him mid for kicks

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Well henkman, when you assume something, you make an rear end outta U and ME

Edit: DON'T ACT DUMB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sZVv1mk9AI

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery

Libertine posted:

That stuff should be active in all game modes and it's lazy that it isn't.

I would play TT more if you could ever get three people to agree on a strategy. Every game I play in that over the years is two other people with dramatically different meta strategy opinions and no flexibility in what they want to play.

I remember I used to run a Lissandra, Pantheon Maokai comp in TT with some goons and it was quite successful.

falconry
Oct 9, 2012
Currently 6 losses into trying to learn Jhin, how do people actually win with this dude? The most curious thing about him to me is how easily I get 1v1'd by every other ADC even when I come out ahead in laning, does that sound normal?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
poo poo I locked Vi without noticing they had Yi

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

AHH FUGH posted:

Here's the Amumu game

Get me a Voli game and I'll be able to pick out more stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9k8GauSz50

Got one. http://www.replay.gg/search/na/swankykong

It's giving me a database error screen right now, hopefully that's fixed before you try to open it. I had a couple sloppy mistakes in there, but I think I played a little better than my amumu game. Fun story: Nami spent the first 3 minutes calling us all cunts before everyone muted her.

My jungle pathing is probably still weird, and I tend to wait a little too long to try and gank but I really don't like trying to dive turrets in bronze. Don't trust my teammates.

e: Garen and I sat in the brush there because I wanted to wait out the people chasing Jinx so we could get that inhibitor. I didn't expect Swain to be afk right next to it, heh.

Mr. Humalong fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 30, 2016

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

I got a bunch of ip saved up. Is space dragon worth it? Or should i go with Gnar, Ekko, or some other comedy option?

I am in love with Space Dragon.
Seriously. He's awesome. But very very strange, too.
I also tend to play him 'support' with a Sion buddy in bot lane. We murder our matchups all too regularly with the dual-stun stacking, too.

That being said - wait until he's in the free rotation to try him? He's super quirky.

Gnar is loving delightful too, and you can't really go wrong with him - especially if you grab the Gentleman skin for maximum polite comedy murderbeast.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I was going to shitpost but actually Golden Sun/Hype Train double mid bum rush sounds hilariously strong

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Vi is the first champ that's really "clicked" with me I think.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Bit of a long shot but has anyone else experienced the game continually telling them "Connection Timeout: The request to the pvp.net server timed out"? I often miss queues and rarely connect to the post-game screen. I've tried a bunch of suggested stuff but nothing has helped so far.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

falconry posted:

Currently 6 losses into trying to learn Jhin, how do people actually win with this dude? The most curious thing about him to me is how easily I get 1v1'd by every other ADC even when I come out ahead in laning, does that sound normal?

If you're 1v1ing another ADC, that means you're within their auto attack range and you basically don't have an ult and they do. Do small skirmishes and back off. Once they're below half you can try and finish them with your ult, or just don't because you shouldn't be dueling go take an objective goddammit

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Lady Naga posted:

Vi is the first champ that's really "clicked" with me I think.

Back when Vi was top ban status, I felt this way with her too. It gave me the feeling of "I have to do so much work with all these junglers, but Vi just makes it feel easy".

Her Q is really satisfying and versatile. Pulling off the Q>AA>E combo also just feels good, especially when it kills.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I legit feel super pumped & happy whenever I just pound someone into the dirt with my giant robot fists. Even when I'm losing I'm very satisfied with every kill I get.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

CubeTheory posted:

If you're 1v1ing another ADC, that means you're within their auto attack range and you basically don't have an ult and they do. Do small skirmishes and back off. Once they're below half you can try and finish them with your ult, or just don't because you shouldn't be dueling go take an objective goddammit

Or just kill them with another round of autos because a Jhin that's ahead will crush someone below half health with his last shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Yeah, I don't play Vi as much anymore, but her attacks are very viscerally satisfying.

• Locked thread