Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That catfish monster seems like the most self-aware of the monsters so far. But it's not as if the monster ratings are an indication of their strength, but rather the level of destruction to be expected from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Mordaedil posted:

That catfish monster seems like the most self-aware of the monsters so far. But it's not as if the monster ratings are an indication of their strength, but rather the level of destruction to be expected from them.

I was really hoping for

quote:

Catfisher
Disaster Rating: Demon

After he characterized himself as tiger, would have been a funny inversion of the classic monster overestimation

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's good! :v:
Not good at all. :smith:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

I was really hoping for

After he characterized himself as tiger, would have been a funny inversion of the classic monster overestimation

I don't wanna spoil anything, but it could be Namazu.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

ive never so eagerly anticipated seeing a strong and dangerous villain just get slapped and instantly defeated

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Dreggon posted:

ive never so eagerly anticipated seeing a strong and dangerous villain just get slapped and instantly defeated

How quickly everyone forgets Mosquito Girl.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Wade Wilson posted:

How quickly everyone forgets Mosquito Girl.

I remember.

Aug 24, 2011

Mr. Fowl posted:

I remember.

this would be a good avatar

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dreggon posted:

this would be a good avatar

Crop it to the rightmost portion and :agreed:

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
Another chapter without seeing Watchdog man lay the smack-down on Garou!

Aug 24, 2011

not enough things are being punched, i would like to see at least one punch

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Aug 24, 2011

i hope they decide to do season 2 of the anime

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Unless the manga's popularity tanks or extenuating circumstances, it'll probably happen. Murata's still not even close to getting to the meat of the current arc though so it's going to be a very long way away. Might take him 3 years to finish it up yet.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Dreggon posted:

i hope they decide to do season 2 of the anime

I don't why they would not, especially with how enthusiastic the animators are about the show.

We just need to get past this arc in the manga. And then wait years as we need to get past the next arc.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I think it pretty much went more than well enough. I mean they chose to adapt Mob into an anime following OPM so I think a second season is good to go as soon as there's enough content for it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out there wasn't a huge correlation between OPM's anime being successful and Mob Psycho getting one. MP100 is being made by a different studio and its manga is published by a different company to OPM even though they obviously share ONE as an author.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Well Mob Psycho got an anime because it was the most popular series in Ura Sundays "turn this series into an anime" poll. So besides the popularity of OPM maybe helping MP100, there is in fact no correlation.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Maybe it got an anime because it is very good and popular and they think it would be successful?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
There was literally a vote that MP100 won. But yes, clearly it being good had something to do with it being allowed to go through that process.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

"Being Good" has nothing to do with an anime/manga's popularity.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Babe Magnet posted:

"Being Good" has nothing to do with an anime/manga's popularity.

*cough*Nisekoi*cough*

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Of course they're gonna do a S2 of OPM. It got a lot of traction on the internet and did well generally. HOPEFULLY they will simply wait and take their time with the 2nd season until there's enough content ready and all parties are ready to work on it. No studio filler and padded episodes neck to neck with the manga plz

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I just mean that the good anime of OPM could easily add more interest and popularity in Mob. Which is a good thing! A very good thing.

Cause and effect are very complicated.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I know I've been using the OPM anime's popularity as an excuse to tell more people about Mob Psycho 100.

Aug 24, 2011

gnome7 posted:

I know I've been using the OPM anime's popularity as an excuse to tell more people about Mob Psycho 100.

is that funny as well

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Dreggon posted:

is that funny as well

Yes.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dreggon posted:

is that funny as well

funnier, imo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Mob Psycho has a better supporting cast, hands down.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

OPM and Mob Psycho are honestly very different comics.

They are, however, both very good comics.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Mob Psycho 100 has the best character in the whole ONE universe, Reigen Arataka, and is worth witnessing for him alone (and all the other good poo poo about Mob Psycho 100.)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Mob Psycho 100 has the best character in the whole ONE universe, Reigen Arataka, and is worth witnessing for him alone (and all the other good poo poo about Mob Psycho 100.)

He combines the raw power of King with the wisdom and deep emotional insights of Caped Baldy.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Honestly comparing the two strikes me as meaningless since there will never be enough of both. They're both fantastic.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Dreggon posted:

is that funny as well

For me personally it has the single funniest moment I have encountered in manga.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's a certain plotline or happening, maybe half way through by current chap count, in MP100 which is just ridiculously funny. I can't imagine anyone not fully falling in love with MP100 after that, if they hadn't already.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I thought Mob Psycho was fine, but not nearly as amazing as the thread seems to say it is.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Yea, I read the first 5 or 10 chapters of Mob and was just bored by it. I'm sure it suits some people, but it's not for me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hope you guys never get bullied by Fubuki into joining her gang :colbert:

Fubuki recruited me into her harem for my MP100 love and I get a signed postcard once a year from her.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I recently read Mob because of these forums and I may be misrepresenting Mob as a whole but Reigen kicking rear end was some of the most satisfying moments that I've ever read in a manga and I totally feel where all the hype was coming from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I remember being a bit lukewarm on it to start, but I think it really solidified for me once the club activities started. From there, it just got better and better.
Everything about Salt Mid's White T Poison made me laugh so hard.