Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Madkal posted:

I was hoping it was satire. What is up with that guys avatar?

He hates Irish people

It's the flag of ulster superimposed on a union jack. (I think, my British Isles history is a bit rusty)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maker Of Shoes posted:

He hates Irish people

It's the flag of ulster superimposed on a union jack. (I think, my British Isles history is a bit rusty)

There's no way it's not a joke. Build a wall around an island? Come on, this is funny.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

TheFallenEvincar posted:

This is more like awesomeness on social media
Great new profile pic bro

I feel bad for posting it because maybe that old guy is not the hijacker.

Solice Kirsk posted:

There's no way it's not a joke. Build a wall around an island? Come on, this is funny.

Ireland and Northern Ireland are not the same country and are on the same island.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah, dude is pretty unhinged if you just keep scrolling down his twitter timeline.

e: he also produces high quality art

I mean just look at this beautiful thing

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

EmmyOk posted:

An Egyptian plane was hijacked and though the guy was arrested later apparently he took a selfie with a hostage while wearing his suicide gear

e: looking more that guy isn't the hijacker apparently, very weird whatever is happening

https://twitter.com/sehnaoui/status/714803575822495744

https://twitter.com/AirCrashMayday/status/714917411137462272

Any picture of a person is not a selfie. It bothers me that this bothers me.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

:stare: drat, Linda. Reel it in.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Somebody's thirsty.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

cash crab posted:

The only thing reel about Linda is how she's keepin' it!

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
No dogwhistles here, no sir.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Idiots on Social media: the killers in our mist

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

cash crab posted:

She needs to get to work on ISIS like she said she would!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Scathach posted:

Idiots on Social media: the killers in our mist

Those Catholics, up to no good as usual!

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

EmmyOk posted:

I never would have expected it.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Blind Pineapple posted:

I had a sociology textbook freshman year that named a prominently black (and famously impoverished) neighborhood in our city as "promoting materialistic values" because she saw some kids wearing Nikes once. Some people get real mad when black people have stuff.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Ireland and Northern Ireland are not the same country and are on the same island.

:doh: Of course. And all the Roman Catholic stuff....can't believe I didn't put that together....still funny though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

:doh: Of course. And all the Roman Catholic stuff....can't believe I didn't put that together....still funny though.

To be honest I had started to write "that wall is called the Irish Sea, mate" until I realised what he meant! An understandable mistake!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

A trump supporter curses the establishment on a daily basis.

The Establishment is a feminist twitter / magazine

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

EmmyOk posted:

loving Jacobites, papists and popish plotters the lot of them. We need to bring the recusancy acts back!

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 09:09 on Mar 30, 2016

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Garrand posted:

This is adorable :3:

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Garrand posted:

This kinda poo poo is totally my jam. Where some crazy posts a screed to the completely wrong person because they share a similar name.

Anyone remember the one where a dude shared a name with someone kinda famous that got arrested/convinced of like child molestation or something. Tons of folks were blowing up some poor dude Facebook.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'd love to study the brain of someone who thinks the "illuminati" would have a Facebook page for him to fling insults at
Hopefully he donates that poo poo to science, though even if he doesn't...weeee'll get a hold of it anyway :cenobite:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Garrand posted:

I like the phrase "we the people" because it immediately informs you that the person saying it is a loving idiot and can be ignored.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Professor Wayne posted:

Any picture of a person is not a selfie. It bothers me that this bothers me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHNx2VVDDnE

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

TheDon01 posted:

This kinda poo poo is totally my jam. Where some crazy posts a screed to the completely wrong person because they share a similar name.

Anyone remember the one where a dude shared a name with someone kinda famous that got arrested/convinced of like child molestation or something. Tons of folks were blowing up some poor dude Facebook.

That may have been a sportscaster in my area by the name of Gerry Sandusky, who is no relation to the Jerry Sandusky of Penn State and child molestation. He's apparently had a rough few years.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Weatherman posted:

I like the phrase "we the people" because it immediately informs you that the person saying it is a loving idiot and can be ignored.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I mean he's right, everyone does ignore Gouverneur Morris

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

TheDon01 posted:

Something to do with the Ian Watkins case?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

TheDon01 posted:

This is awesome. Form the way the nightclub/party night politely explains what it is, to the way the dude, who has obviously calmed down, apologizes for his spelling mistake.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Blind Pineapple posted:

It's none of your fuckin business. If the poor dude saved for a year to buy the clothes, let him have them. The rich guy probably spends his money on golf and sunglasses.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

EvilGenius posted:

It's none of your fuckin business. If the poor dude saved for a year to buy the clothes, let him have them. The rich guy probably spends his money on golf and sunglasses.

Very generally speaking, name-brand expensive stuff seems to be better put together than the rooster-brand apparel you find at discount stores. If you pay three times as much for a pair of trousers, but they last five times as long before a seam blows or the thin-rear end material wears through, you're coming out ahead, right?

Basically this:
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/72745-the-reason-that-the-rich-were-so-rich-vimes-reasoned

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

But it's not about that. It's that the "poor urban person wink wink*"'s vices, (expensive clothes) are visible. And how dare they have nice things?!? We worked so hard to oppress you so that you wouldn't have or even know how to enjoy nice things!

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Carbon Thief posted:

There was also poor Ian "H" Watkins, formerly of British pop group Steps, who got a poo poo-ton of abuse at the same time from people that didn't realise that, despite sharing a name, nationality and profession, Ian "H" Watkins is a mild-mannered, sweater-wearing gay dude and not a baby rapist.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Carbon Thief posted:

Thats the one! Thanks.

Also the G/J Sandusky thing is just as great. Poor guy though.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
E:F,B.

Carbon Thief posted:

Also Ian "H" Watkins from cheesy pop band Steps.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...paedophile.html

quote:

Steps star H wins public apology after being wrongly pictured as paedophile
Ian Watkins, H from Steps, has won a public apology and undisclosed damages after a website wrongly used his picture when reporting the sexual abuse carried out by Ian Watkins, the former Lostprophets front man

Ian Watkins, from pop band Steps, has received a public apology at the High Court after his picture was mistakenly used by a celebrity news website to report the guilty pleas of the Lostprophets singer who shares his name.
A judge in London heard that the 37-year-old musician and actor, also known as Ian "H" Watkins or "H" from the band Steps, had already been "receiving abuse as a result of people confusing the two Ian Watkins" before the error over the photograph was made.
He received an apology today from E! Entertainment Television, a US company which operates a television channel E! and website E! Online, covering celebrity news.
His solicitor John Reid told the judge that the defendant, E! Entertainment Television, "reported the guilty plea of Ian Watkins of the Lostprophets in an article on E! Online", adding: "However, the defendant mistakenly included a photograph of the claimant, Ian 'H' Watkins of Steps, instead of Ian Watkins of the Lostprophets."
He said: "The error quickly came to the attention of the defendant, which promptly replaced the photograph with the correct one."

No details of a confidential settlement for libel were given in court, and the Steps singer was not at the hearing.
The judge heard he had been "deeply upset" after his image was mistakenly used when details of child sex abuse charges against Watkins were reported.
Watkins, who was the lead singer of the Lost Prophets, was sentenced to 35 years in prison on Wednesday for 13 offences, including the attempted rape of an 11-month-old baby boy and the abuse of a baby girl. The judge said his “horrific” offences “plumbed new depths of depravity”.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is to look into concerns that the police forces in South Wales, South Yorkshire and Bedfordshire had not responded appropriately to previous allegations made against the singer.

Poor H from Steps, I mean, I'm not a fan but jesus, that's nightmare stuff.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

This makes me glad I have a really uncommon surname.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Rondette posted:

E:F,B.

Also Ian "H" Watkins from cheesy pop band Steps.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...paedophile.html

Poor H from Steps, I mean, I'm not a fan but jesus, that's nightmare stuff.

I can't find it but the best comment was one that went something like:

"I hope you die you piece of poo poo."
"No the allegations are about a different Ian Watkins"
"What allegations?"

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
hurrah, in early enough to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RleE--HDBiU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
And here's a pretty relevant song that explains the whole situation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RleE--HDBiU

edit: Oh god loving dammit!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The pedophile Ian Watkins had "Ifuckkids" as his computer password.

He also described child rape as "megalolz".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Chomp8645 posted:

For reference it's not that simple. There is a formula, but you pay the result of that formula or the flat rate, whichever is higher. I think that for a single person with no dependents the flat rate is $975, which means that is the lowest possible amount he could pay unless he isn't filing at all or got an exemption.

Basically there are going to be a shitload of low income people paying a penalty of exactly $975 this year.

It's $325 for a single person with no dependents whose household income is just above the filing threshold, and it increases with your income. That's as low as it goes, but goddrat it gets bad quickly as you make more money.

I volunteer at a tax clinic for low income people and yeah, there are a shitton of people pissed as gently caress that they've been slammed with individual shared responsibility payments (the IRS doesn't want us calling it a "fee" or "penalty" even though it is literally an amount of money charged to you for not complying with the law). Things get really depressing when it's a married couple with lots of dependents and nobody in the house had insurance. They come in thinking they're getting a refund and walk out with a bill for twice what they thought they were getting back :smith: