Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Kaleidoscope posted:

This guy gets it. Is she still a vampire raising a kid?

She was still a vampire in Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. The kid on the other hand, :iiam: probably never coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Rhyno posted:

Who the gently caress knows. Nobody at Marvel gives a poo poo.
Thanks for the informative answer!

Outside of a couple of cameos, Jubilee hasn't appeared in any post-Secret Wars comics. When she last appeared regularly in a comic book, she was still a vampire and in the process of officially adopting the baby.

Oh wait I mean "gently caress it, who cares about loving :words:"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
doing like two minutes of research is hard

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blockhouse posted:

doing like two minutes of research is hard

I did my research. My second sentence is not incorrect.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Hey he appeared as an adult in Iron-Man armor with sentinel colors in that awful Bendis crossover so surely he'll be ba....nah you're right, gone forever.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why did she adopt a baby, we're they that desperate for a subplot.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
You'd have to ask Wood. It started as his plot in adjectiveless. Of all the X-Men to adopt a child, she seems like one of the worse choices and was seemingly only chosen because "also asian" (the child was Japanese iirc).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wood was pushing for it to be her biological son at first. I know she's a vampire and she's been around for ages but the character is still a teen, right? That's hosed up, Wood.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Shogo is yet another weird rear end concept from that X era that will probably never been seen again.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMVJfp834uw
:stare:

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Jesus Christ

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

Shogo is yet another weird rear end concept from that X era that will probably never been seen again.

I'm still rooting for Shogo. That Psylocke panel where she's all "That ball weighs ninety pounds and I swung it one handed and I think this baby just pooped. Being a mom's easy." He's an adorable baby, and also a future sentinel colored Iron Man.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

That's incredible. I have to imagine there is some rough sketch off camera that he's working from, becuase something that intricate can't just come from his mind. Can it?

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

twistedmentat posted:

That's incredible. I have to imagine there is some rough sketch off camera that he's working from, becuase something that intricate can't just come from his mind. Can it?

No... I think dude legitimately has a super power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGbvhyTZXfs

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I will never be this good at anything.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I assumed Shogo was planned as part of the arc and Jubilee just drew the short straw because she's the least useful in a fight scene.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Norns posted:

I will never be this good at anything.

Seriously I was getting a panic attack watching him ink people before he even finished drawing them. WHAT IF HE MESSED UP?!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The first part of the Squirrel Girl/Howard the Duck crossover is the best thing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aphrodite posted:

I assumed Shogo was planned as part of the arc and Jubilee just drew the short straw because she's the least useful in a fight scene.

Except as a vampire she has super-strength and speed and can teleport around in fog form

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

howe_sam posted:

The first part of the Squirrel Girl/Howard the Duck crossover is the best thing.

EVIL SOUTHERN BELLE COSPLAYER RULES-LAWYERING THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME!

Yes, that needed to be in all-caps. It's such a tonally fitting concept, and the KraVan feels like a Chip addition, honestly. And I liked that he and Ryan shared the footnotes. A little disappointed that North is recycling the CYOA idea from his Adventure Time run next month, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

Except as a vampire she has super-strength and speed and can teleport around in fog form

The team had 3 omega psychics and the weather goddess. Super strength doesn't make for an interesting fighter.

(Also I don't think she ever used her strength or speed in the run.)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

It was pretty phenomenal. I like how we got other characters joining in. Wolverine Squirrel!

I'd pay full price for Marvel unlimited if each comment came with a commentary script with North and Zdarsky.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

That Tim Sale Cap short was fantastic.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I'm not normally too into the Marvel Cosmic stuff, but seeing the Abnett/Lanning Guardians omnibus coming out in a few months sort of made me want to check out their run. I realize they did a lot of cosmic stuff across multiple titles (and over a long period of time), so I'm wondering if there is an accepted reading order or recommended high points from their stuff that I should check out. Is it all related or can I pretty much read whatever runs/events look good?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dunbar posted:

I'm not normally too into the Marvel Cosmic stuff, but seeing the Abnett/Lanning Guardians omnibus coming out in a few months sort of made me want to check out their run. I realize they did a lot of cosmic stuff across multiple titles (and over a long period of time), so I'm wondering if there is an accepted reading order or recommended high points from their stuff that I should check out. Is it all related or can I pretty much read whatever runs/events look good?

Star with the Drax mini, then Annihilation, then Nova, then Annihilation Conquest, then GotG, War of Kings, Realm of Kings, Thanos Imperative and finally Annihilators.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Does modern Thor still have the insane magnetic powers with Mjölnir?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man, this is a nice cover.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Does that mean Kate's going to be running around with Logan some more? Because I'd love to see her just hanging out calling him out on his poo poo.

Looking through previews for the civil war covers, looks like Kamala is going to be on Tony's side, because there's a mention of her finding her idols tainted and she's clearly tearing up a Captain Marvel poster.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

X-O posted:

Man, this is a nice cover.

Is this comic just a continuation of the old man Logan story?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Is this comic just a continuation of the old man Logan story?

Pretty much except he's been plopped down into the resent day Marvel Universe and he's noticing that it doesn't line up with his memories.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's also the Secret Wars mini in between them.

Kaidyn
May 22, 2009

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
I've just started to read comics regularly - Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and Ms. Marvel so far - but I only really like reading them as volumes. Is there any resources to find when/if volumes are coming out for things? I use Amazon searches but with reboots and stuff it makes it hard to tell when Volume 1 is a new Volume 1 or an old Volume 1 with different cover art or something. Sorry for a question that may get asked a bunch

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I find comicvine has pretty good notes on when a series gets renumbered and starts new with a list of trades and what issues they contain.

For example: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/daredevil/4050-41410/

quote:

Continued from Daredevil (Vol. 2) *link* . THE DEVIL IS REBORN. RENEWED. RESSURECTED. Having turned his world upside down over the past several years, Matt Murdock realizes that justice may not be blind to his past and villains may not be the only ones looking for answers. It lasted for 36 issues, after which the comic was revamped as Daredevil (vol.4) *link* with the same creative team.

Written by Mark Waid.

Artists for the series include:

Paolo Rivera (#1-3, #7, #9-10)
Marcos Martin (#1, #4-6)
Kano (#8)
Khoi Pham (#10.1 & #13)
Marco Checchetto (#11)
Chris Samnee (#12, #14-16, #18 onwards)
Mike Allred (#17).
Jock (#27)
Javier Rodriguez (#28-29)

Collected Editions

Trade Paperbacks

Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 1 (#1-6)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 2 (#7-10, #10.1 and The Amazing Spider-Man #677)
Amazing Spider-Man: Big Time - The Complete Collection Vol. 2 (#8)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 3 (#11-15, Avenging Spider-Man #6 and The Punisher #10)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 4 (#16-21)
Superior Spider-Man Team-Up: Friendly Fire (#22)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 5 (#22-27)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 6 (#28-32)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 7 (#31-36)

Deluxe Editions

Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 1 (#1-10, #10.1 and The Amazing Spider-Man #677)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 2 (#11-21, Avenging Spider-Man #6 and Punisher #10)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 3 (#22-36)

You kinda have to keep an eye out on monthly solicits to keep up with what's coming out ahead of time.
Previews will give you the current and upcoming week in a big list. http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/954

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 2, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

There's also the Secret Wars mini in between them.

I honestly assumed he was aware of that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Kaidyn posted:

I've just started to read comics regularly - Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and Ms. Marvel so far - but I only really like reading them as volumes. Is there any resources to find when/if volumes are coming out for things? I use Amazon searches but with reboots and stuff it makes it hard to tell when Volume 1 is a new Volume 1 or an old Volume 1 with different cover art or something. Sorry for a question that may get asked a bunch

If you go to a shop to get your stuff, each month they put out Previews magazines. The Marvel one is $1.25, and the bag pages are all trades. It's 160 pages, and shows you all the stuff coming out soon by Marvel. Or for $4 you can get the thick "Previews" book that has all the publishers, and you get the Marvel book for free. That thing is almost 600 pages.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
I didn't see a more appropriate thread in BSS or TVIV, but this ties into the comics so hopefully it's of interest:

Does anyone agree that Avengers Assemble has gotten surprisingly excellent in Season 3? I remember precious few good moments in the first two seasons, but they just had an episode that was Hawkeye does Die Hard in Avengers Tower vs the Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil (I wiki'd the Masters of Evil to check the various lineups and saw a note that this is Avengers Under Siege, presumably?) and they're building towards the Thunderbolts.

Guardians of the Galaxy has been better after the initial 10 episodes too, using Captain Victoria from the recent Legendary Star-Lord series and Ship/Rora in recent episodes to good effect. It's been quite interesting seeing them use various Cosmic stuff, even if it can be a bit disappointing (Mantis was pretty weird in her appearance) but the episodes are fun, even if the main storyline is a developing glacially.

Ultimate Spider-Man continues to be terrible in Season 4 (even with Scarlet Spider being solid), being all Spider-Man and no Peter, while also completely underutilising any of the numerous interesting supporting characters they've established.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Metalshark posted:

I didn't see a more appropriate thread in BSS or TVIV, but this ties into the comics so hopefully it's of interest:

Does anyone agree that Avengers Assemble has gotten surprisingly excellent in Season 3? I remember precious few good moments in the first two seasons, but they just had an episode that was Hawkeye does Die Hard in Avengers Tower vs the Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil (I wiki'd the Masters of Evil to check the various lineups and saw a note that this is Avengers Under Siege, presumably?) and they're building towards the Thunderbolts.

Guardians of the Galaxy has been better after the initial 10 episodes too, using Captain Victoria from the recent Legendary Star-Lord series and Ship/Rora in recent episodes to good effect. It's been quite interesting seeing them use various Cosmic stuff, even if it can be a bit disappointing (Mantis was pretty weird in her appearance) but the episodes are fun, even if the main storyline is a developing glacially.

Ultimate Spider-Man continues to be terrible in Season 4 (even with Scarlet Spider being solid), being all Spider-Man and no Peter, while also completely underutilising any of the numerous interesting supporting characters they've established.

I think you're looking for this thread.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So is this a thing?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

twistedmentat posted:

So is this a thing?

Yeah, a graphic novel coming out in about 6 months I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's about grey dress SG fighting an evil-ish clone (bomber jacket SG)

• Locked thread