Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Please stop following any advice gootecks gives in regards to learning or playing fighting games.

Oh right like you know more than goo techs??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
gootecks was the inventor of the shimmy noob

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
If any true macho gamer wants a real challenge, try doing Ryu Trial 10 through Vita Remote Play.*

*Please don't, it's doable but certifiably stupid.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

any tips for Cammy trial 10? I can't seem to hit the airborne cannon strike. I'm trying to start the combo from as far as possible, anything else I should try?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

any tips for Cammy trial 10? I can't seem to hit the airborne cannon strike. I'm trying to start the combo from as far as possible, anything else I should try?

It's the hardest piece of execution in her trials by far. What control method are you using? I play on keyboard, and my biggest problem was pressing the attack button before the motion had finished.

Doing it from far away doesn't really help though, because it's very easy to be too slow and not combo. The timing window is just, well, tight compared to pretty much anything else in there.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i grabbed one of the Mad Catz Fightpad Pro pads today since I got a bunch of giftcards for my birthday

overall it's alright, but it's certainly an adjustment from the Hori FC4

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Well, is your problem the move not coming out or the move not comboing? Because the latter is simply doing it too late. For the former, that's what the input display is for.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Does he say

FLASH

or HOO WAH

if not I'm getting a refund

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He does

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Anybody know what Alex inputs are like? I'm a scrub who can't 720 or handle most charge characters so I'd like to know whether I can get excited to play him tonight.

Movelist would be nice.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Charges, Quarter Circles, Half Circles, and one Dragon Punch Kick

There, you know how to do Alex's moves now

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i grabbed one of the Mad Catz Fightpad Pro pads today since I got a bunch of giftcards for my birthday

Happy (belated?) birthday!!!

Fellblade posted:

Anybody know what Alex inputs are like? I'm a scrub who can't 720 or handle most charge characters so I'd like to know whether I can get excited to play him tonight.

Movelist would be nice.

He does have a few charge moves.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Flash Chop QCF + P
Flash Elbow back charge to forward + P
Stomp Down charge to up + K
Knee dive Dragon Punch Motion + K
Headbutt Back charge to forward + P
Power Bomb HCB + P

You know Alex now

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Baal posted:

Flash Chop QCF + P
Power Bomb HCB + P

You know Alex now

He's got the most ex moves in the game, and he's actually got (kind of) another move because if you do the power bomb on an opponent with his back to you it's a different move, plus during his vtrigger he gets another move.

He actually seems really loving complicated.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's not, he's the same old Alex as before but now he has one new move and a fancy new V-System mechanics and none of the move inputs change all you need to know is if your opponent's back is ever towards you you will get a German suplex instead of a power bomb when you do the same command

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like he's going to be able to do more than he used to because the way the game is made it allows for someone like Alex with his toolset to be decent thanks to crush counters, mid range heavy attacks, and the fact that his ex moves are still gonna be really good. Hell his V-Trigger actually looks to be pretty incredible surprisingly enough, but it's all pretty simple

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Baal posted:

Flash Chop QCF + P
Power Bomb HCB + P

You know Alex now

Thanks, I can handle Necalli so hopefully Alex shouldn't be too bad.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alex is a cool character and I'm glad he's got most of his moves back because it means he gets to probably be a halfway decent character for once.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

!Klams posted:

UK Gamers are all loving stupid stupid cunts. Like, just loving trash. We don't actually have any taste at all when it comes to computer games. I don't think we're really a nation of gamers. Expect Knack and like, "Lego oval office Omnibus, the PS2 Budget edition" to be top of the charts forever. It's always been the way. When a blockbuster comes out, it will be number one in the charts for a bit, but, the Sims is always there at number 5, ready to climb back to number 1 when the buzz around the new CoD game has died down a bit. And there's always a Fifa or Evo or the like snaking around the charts too.

If you have a bunch of your mates over, and you mention street fighter, they'll all be like, "I always liked chum lean, but could never do her Hardouken". I mean, yeah probably a bunch of UK goons are gonna come out of the woodwork and be like "Mate you just need better friends" but look me right in the dick-eye and tell me you don't have a friend who thinks he's really good and wins an annoying amount by mashing the same move (where he presses the buttons way more than he has to) and one friend who just CANNOT loving grasp how to do any special moves. You do. And that's basically how it goes for all gaming. UK Gamers don't really want the BIGGEST AND BEST because they're sort of scared of it and "I liked dungeon keeper and hospital tycoon!" but never knew you could possess the monsters in dungeon keeper in first person because that's a bit too involved.

Its kind of the same with movies. It seems to me (maybe this is way off) but in the States if a new film comes out, and you get the average punter off the street and ask them what they think of it, like, say its Batman vs Superman, they'd say something like "Oh man, Batman vs Superman? What a bust up! My money's on Superman! I don't know if Affleck can play Batman, and, who's the guy that plays Superman? That should be good!" honestly, the average person in the UK, no, like over 50% of the people you ask, are going to say "Oh, I don't know about that" and walk away.

Its such a loving annoying attitude. 'I dont know that in depth so I wont have a go'.

I think what sums up what I'm getting at is that I imagine something like 90% of all video games and DVDs / Blurays in the UK are probably bought in supermarkets from a selection of less than 20. (Because they only sell the top 20, but sometimes games that aren't a new Sims / Fifa / Lego budget oval office omnibus / budget random bullshit pile-em-high-sell-em-cheap kids game / CoD somehow make their way into the charts and the guy at Tesco can't cope with working out how many of that might sell so they just dont stock it). Despite these ill informed supermarket sales, about 99% of the computer games market is actually just chavs stealing games and selling them to Computer Exchange (second hand gaming store).

Growing up liking computer games in the UK has been so depressing.

Yeah, I mean there's HoG. But, you know thats a MASSIVE aberration. Like, its to the point where if you see an Arcade anywhere that isn't gambling of some kind, or a pinball machine, its because the place you're in is American themed, and you can bet your rear end its broken and no one knows how to fix it or has the keys for it.

Yo this was a while back but goddamn look at this post.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Personally that one was giving me trouble on the CA. I kept trying to cancel the drill into it, then watched the demo and turns out Cammy can just hit it as a juggle (like I didn't already know that from playing against a million Cammys?)

The divekick part I think is fairly generous, using MK divekick, starting the combo from almost max range, just as long as you don't reach the peak of your jump arc before it goes off.

Not sure if any of that helps at all.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Yo this was a while back but goddamn look at this post.

when i was in london about 10 years ago i stopped in a couple GAME stores to see what life was like across the atlantic and this post rings true for a lot of the stuff i saw

also it makes me feel pretty lucky that CT has the scene that it has

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

!Klams posted:

Yeah, I mean there's HoG. But, you know thats a MASSIVE aberration. Like, its to the point where if you see an Arcade anywhere that isn't gambling of some kind, or a pinball machine, its because the place you're in is American themed, and you can bet your rear end its broken and no one knows how to fix it or has the keys for it.

If this wasn't a fakepost have you been to Bracket Reset?

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
So, opinions on the PS4 Madcatz Fightpad Pro? I've got enough store credit to pick one up 'free' (while the Hori FC4 isn't sold at the same store). Is the d-pad on it as appalling as some reviews have made it sound?

I'm torn between getting that or a £70 PS4 Venom stick, but pads are a hell of a lot easier to carry around.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if you've got a backack you've already got an easy way to drag a stick around and safe yourself a lot of back pain at majors

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Surprise T Rex posted:

So, opinions on the PS4 Madcatz Fightpad Pro? I've got enough store credit to pick one up 'free' (while the Hori FC4 isn't sold at the same store). Is the d-pad on it as appalling as some reviews have made it sound?

I'm torn between getting that or a £70 PS4 Venom stick, but pads are a hell of a lot easier to carry around.

i just bought one today since i got a few giftcards too

honestly id say find a fc4. the fightpad is fine but theres no earthly reason to spend more over a fc4

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

bhsman posted:

I'm not able to check myself right now, but in music/sound options there should be an option to play rival music during fights instead of stage music.

I hope this works

Lothire posted:

If any true macho gamer wants a real challenge, try doing Ryu Trial 10 through Vita Remote Play.*

*Please don't, it's doable but certifiably stupid.
I was excited to try remote play but it turns out my wife is always using my ps4 for netflix when I'm not playing games so.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay so new jump is 4 frames right? So if I hit my LP elbow on Laura and end up on +2 and then go for a regular grab, which has a 5 frame startup, is it no longer possible to escape by jumping?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Jump startup frames are throw invincible.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Baal posted:

He's not, he's the same old Alex as before but now he has one new move and a fancy new V-System mechanics and none of the move inputs change all you need to know is if your opponent's back is ever towards you you will get a German suplex instead of a power bomb when you do the same command

Does he still have his back fierce grab thingy that changes between a headbutt and a sleeper hold depending on whether the opponent's back is turned?

After so many characters have been changed so much that they might as well be different characters altogether (Nash, Karin, Mika, Bison, Vega etc.) I'm glad that Alex sounds like he stays pretty faithful to his 3s version.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Mar 30, 2016

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Does he still have his back fierce grab thingy that changes between a headbutt and a sleeper hold depending on whether the opponent's back is turned?

After so many characters have been changed so much that they might as well be different characters altogether (Nash, Karin, Mika, Bison, Vega etc.) I'm glad that Alex sounds like he stays pretty faithful to his 3s version.
The headbutt was used for his new special move.
I agree, really happy that they didn't screw up his moveset. If only there were classic costumes for him and Birdie available.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Servers down for another ~2.5 hours to add:
Alex + related character story content
In-Game Shop
Fight Money Expenditure: Spend your hard earned Fight Money to purchase extra game content, such as DLC characters (100,000 FM each) and the Story Mode Costumes (40,000 FM each).
lol There is currently no ETA on the Zenny store and we will release it as soon as it’s ready.
we will be making Alex available for free as a trial period to all players, until the Zenny shop launches
we will be making Ryu and Chun-Li’s story mode costumes available for free to all users on March 30 as well

And their Top 5 SV5 moments from NCR, including more of the match with the sick Lamerboi reset (p dumb it's not working post-patch): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL_xE8LUjI

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 30, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

teh_Broseph posted:

Fight Money Expenditure: Spend your hard earned Fight Money to purchase extra game content, such as DLC characters (100,000 FM each) and the Story Mode Costumes (40,000 FM each).

I wonder if they'll stick with the 100,000 FM per character thing because I already have 500,000 from just doing story/survival on Easy/Normal and all the trials and I'm probably not going to bother wasting 40k on any of the story outfits

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Doggboat posted:

The headbutt was used for his new special move.
I agree, really happy that they didn't screw up his moveset. If only there were classic costumes for him and Birdie available.

It gives me a faint glimmer of hope that they won't gently caress up Guile, Balrog and Urien, too. Ibuki and Juri I don't care about so much. In USF4 I mained Balrog and Cammy (with a dash of Rolento on the side) and as a rule, I try to play different characters in different games so I don't confuse myself, but I've just gravitated towards Cammy in this one and I probably will for Rog\Guile, too. Although I play Boxer in ST a lot too, I probably play Dee Jay and Honda in that just as much. Guess I have a thing for charge characters.

It feels extremely weird having a Street Fighter game with no Akuma, though. As is seeing Tokido play Ryu and not Akuma. He's really a Street Fighter staple except in SF2, and even then he's in the game, it's just that he's softbanned for being a broken boss character.

I'm pretty positive that season 2 is going to give us Akuma\Sagat\Sakura. I just hope that Sakura gets a redesign and they make her sailor uniform an alt you can pick instead of her default. I like her SF4 hoodie costume a lot more. She's gotta be like 30 now and she's still in high school?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

You can also make a ~20 - 25% return on every character you download as their story/demo/trials/survival mode will pay out fight money.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Gammatron 64 posted:

It gives me a faint glimmer of hope that they won't gently caress up Guile, Balrog and Urien, too. Ibuki and Juri I don't care about so much. In USF4 I mained Balrog and Cammy (with a dash of Rolento on the side) and as a rule, I try to play different characters in different games so I don't confuse myself, but I've just gravitated towards Cammy in this one and I probably will for Rog\Guile, too. Although I play Boxer in ST a lot too, I probably play Dee Jay and Honda in that just as much. Guess I have a thing for charge characters.

It feels extremely weird having a Street Fighter game with no Akuma, though. As is seeing Tokido play Ryu and not Akuma. He's really a Street Fighter staple except in SF2, and even then he's in the game, it's just that he's softbanned for being a broken boss character.

I'm pretty positive that season 2 is going to give us Akuma\Sagat\Sakura. I just hope that Sakura gets a redesign and they make her sailor uniform an alt you can pick instead of her default. I like her SF4 hoodie costume a lot more. She's gotta be like 30 now and she's still in high school?

Until recently, I've been wondering ig there would be some incentive to release Akuma at the same time as Tekken: FR comes out to consoles. Seems like they could hitch their trailer to some of that hype. Maybe even make it a surprise. However, given how far behind they are on being feature complete for their initial release, it's probably naive to assume they could pull that off at this point.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Alex trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9zZvfjIVQk

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
trigger warning for mcdonald's cravings

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Do we know yet if his V-skill makes the next hit a CC, or just a regular counter? I'm guessing regular or they would've mentioned it.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Lemon-Lime posted:

Do we know yet if his V-skill makes the next hit a CC, or just a regular counter? I'm guessing regular or they would've mentioned it.

It does; any counter hit with the appropriate move gives you a crush counter instead. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Comment box is going in

Tommy W. (Behemothbear) 37 minutes ago (edited) posted:

No thanks, I'm full. I've already had some trailers and footage by people who seem to love your game more than you do.