Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

korrandark posted:

It's up now.

Also Atelier Escha & Logy Plus is on sale this week. I've been looking to try and get into the series. Is this a good starting point?

oh HELL yes gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It seems like the way costumes work in the new Miku game is like mmo drops with duplicates which sounds really loving stupid but hey

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Welp, time for me to find some cash.

Also I've finally gotten around to Escha+ since I abandoned my PS3 save & it came out on the vita. I'm not super far in but I'd say it runs better than the Arland games? Like they're all playable but I haven't noticed much in Escha+ at all to annoy me. I'm having a lot of fun checking off my assignments and jamming to the music :3: I've been putting off replaying Ayesha since I got most of the endings my first time around but I'm really feeling back in the groove now & might just go right back to it after.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
e&l has less intricate environments generally, I think, which would explain why it runs better. ayesha has some big dungeons on occasion and the main city which is pretty detailed.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just stomped a game in CivRev 2+ on Chieftain just to get an idea if what it's like. All in all it seems to be pretty good! No egregious frame drops that I could tell, looks just fine, controls are adapted to both touch screen and buttons so you can play and switch it up as you prefer although sometimes it's more convenient to use touch. The menus are really plain and I've got a problem with how awkward it can be to select units in a stack but that's not a big problem for me. I'll have to give it an honest try on a real difficulty but it seems to be a good port as far as I can tell. Game comes with a DLC 'east Asia pack' which I think is a scenario?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Can you take some screenies? Sounds pretty good so far.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'm not paying 20 bucks for a smartphone game.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Since Dogi's being added to Ys 8

Man is this true now. They really prettied him up.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i wonder how long it will be before those kind of references just turn into ads.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i wonder how long it will be before those kind of references just turn into ads.

Ask me about "LOOM"!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

neptune asks falcom how she got so good at swords and then she transcribes a charles atlas ad with some aggressive find and replace

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Was the Tokyo Xanadu fake ad for Magical Girl Alisa mentioned here?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

HGH posted:

Was the Tokyo Xanadu fake ad for Magical Girl Alisa mentioned here?

I know I mentioned it a few times in the Falcom thread. Not to mention there's been an actual crossover game between Ys and Trails released only in Japan on PSP.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is Trillion out in the US yet and did anyone try it?

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Sakurazuka posted:

Is Trillion out in the US yet and did anyone try it?

It is out. This guy tried it.

nftyw posted:

Well, I picked up Destroyer Trillion today. Hopefully this purchase of a iF/CH Vita game won't turn out to be a complete waste of money (it never isn't, is it). So far the battle system is interesting if a bit hard to understand at times, I blundered into an avoidable super move that pasted me instantly more than once. JP voices are available. Haven't really gotten to far into it so I can't really say very much yet.

I am getting my copy later today.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I played it a couple hours last night and it's okay so far. It has that thing I hate where the tutorial is spread out everywhere at first (why the hell does it wait until 1 week before the first real fight when you've trained for a month to say 'hey speed is a really important stat, you should get this thing'?) and maybe my d-pad is messed up but trying to switch diagonal/line moving is annoying sometimes (the combat takes place on a grid so zig zagging lets you dodge a bit easier) but I think a lot of my gripes for now are just the way the game system works and how it seems to just blast you with information at first. I'd need to play it more but I think it'll be more fun once I get used to the controls.

That post is right through, the battles love to shove grid information onto you. It's important to check the log to see what's been prepped since there's some times where the grid shows information but it's hard to tell if it's something easy like the monster summoning some peons to crush or a massive attack. I guess it's not color blind friendly but some differentiation in hues or maybe different markers would've been nice.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man I didn't know Dancing All Night was on sale in Europe

Time to turn on my Vita - welcome to 2016

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
This might be a stupid question, especially since it's for a game not coming out for a few months, but does anybody know if that Grand Kingdom game is going to be cross-buy in any capacity? I doubt it, but I bought a PS4 recently, and want to have more games for it, but I think I'd actually rather play it on Vita. If I can buy the PS4 version digitally and get the Vita version the same, it'll take the choice away.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a full retail game, so it's 99.9% unlikely to be cross-buy.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a full retail game, so it's 99.9% unlikely to be cross-buy.

That's what I'm figuring. Now that I'm looking into it, it's got cross-play, not doesn't seem to have cross-save, so cross-buy probably isn't likely. Whatever, I'll just get the Vita version.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

It seems like the way costumes work in the new Miku game is like mmo drops with duplicates which sounds really loving stupid but hey

Is there confirmation of this? I've gotten a couple "rare" modules, but during the first medley, I got the Miracle Paint module as it transitioned into that song so I'm not so sure.

EDIT: Looks like you're right. Just got a module that I think increases rare module drop rate.

Poops Mcgoots fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 30, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do you ever get the option to change which character is on each song in Dancing All Night because I shouldn't have to look at/hear Teddie unless it's absolutely necessary

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I see

Then it's strange they didn't put Naoto, Kanji and Chie as the main characters on every song

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i agree every song should have risette

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

teddie is awful and the reason i stopped playing persona 4

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

OH NO, ENEMIES! DONT CRY!!!

shut up you loving bear

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Super No Vacancy posted:

i agree every song should have risette

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also he is a massive creeper

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone tried XCOM and Civ Rev 2 on the vita? They just snuck them out there and I wouldn't mind some XCOM/Civ on the go.

No I don't want a JRPG instead of XCOM.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dodoman posted:

Has anyone tried XCOM and Civ Rev 2 on the vita? They just snuck them out there and I wouldn't mind some XCOM/Civ on the go.

So why do you own a Vita?

Edit: X-Com works okay from what I heard, but it suffers from the typical handheld port problems of loading times and worse performance than its console counterparts.
CivRev 2 is a massively scaled down piece of poo poo smartphone abomination.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 30, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dodoman posted:

i recomend non-anime game persona 4

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I have P4G and have beaten it. I also have Disgaea 4 for some reason so the anime plains aren't completely barren.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

why not just not use teddie

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Davincie posted:

why not just not use teddie

hes inescapable cause he shouts over all the combat

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i gave up in the weird homophobia dungeon where everyone is like OH NO GAYS and teddie makes a pun about how he can't BEAR the thought of naked gay men

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
It was just Yosuke and he's a loving idiot

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yo-skay is actually closeted.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012